PDA

View Full Version : For a 1st year starter, Rodgers stats are pretty FN Good

POLISHHAWK
12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Yea, the W & L column needs work; but he has by far exceeded my expectations this year. A 2:1 TD to INT ratio is great. 60+ comp. %; Could hit 4000 yards this season, and catching on to the scheme.
Can't quite get the 4th Quarter comeback thing going yet; but I think that will come with more experience. Still Looking at primary WR too long and not pump-faking much yet.

He is showing some Freakish Promise.
HE WILL BE A TRULY ELITE QB IN THE NFL.
Now if we had a decent run game and a DC that wasn't so predictable; I think we may be onto something.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE FOR PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON... NOT OVER YET!

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I tend to agree. It's not a given that he becomes a star in this league, but I think he has a chance.

SkinBasket
12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
He has not been anointed with Partial's "It" factor, therefore he is nothing but massive fail in a bucket. Otherwise I would think he's done better than I thought he would and is off to a solid start to his career.

Freak Out
12-10-2008, 05:11 PM
He has a shot at being something other than average but nothing is a given in the NFL. A year of experience at starter and Jennings being on the roster will help. He has played better than what I expected this year.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
He's doing better than Peyton Manning was his rookie year, though he has a much better team. Just figured I'd throw that in since im the local Tennessee homer.

Gunakor
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Warner, Romo and Brees will likely represent the NFC in Hawaii this year. Rodgers will likely be the alternate. He's 4th in the NFC in yards, tied with Romo for 3rd in TD's, 4th in completion percentage, and 5th in QB rating - just shy of the Bucs' Garcia. He's tied for 8th best with 11 INT's, but each QB I named as being the Pro Bowl representatives have thrown more. He's been one of the best in the NFL on 3rd down - that last game is a rare exception for this team this season. He leads the best red zone offense in the league.

Yeah, I'd say he's pretty good.

MJZiggy
12-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I'd agree that he's good this year. But I have my doubts about the Pro Bowl. That game seems to be reserved for the guys who did well LAST year. I think he makes it to Hawaii NEXT year.

RashanGary
12-10-2008, 07:55 PM
When the defense gets better it will make the offense look better by giving them more chances and putting them in more favorable situations. Rodgers is also starting his first year and is very young.

Assuming Ted does something to shore up the defense, a little better health luck on the defensive side of the ball and Rodgers coming back a stronger, more prepared QB I think we can see a lot more production out of Rodgers and he already has a very high starting point.

I would not be suprised if Rodgers puts up legit top 5 QB numbers next year rather than the legit top 10 numbers that he's putting up this year.

gbgary
12-10-2008, 08:23 PM
When the defense gets better it will make the offense look better by giving them more chances and putting them in more favorable situations. Rodgers is also starting his first year and is very young.

true but when the o gets better and can put long drives together, rather than trying to win with big plays, the d won't get over-worked and taken advantage of.

Partial
12-10-2008, 08:32 PM
He's doing better than Peyton Manning was his rookie year, though he has a much better team. Just figured I'd throw that in since im the local Tennessee homer.

That's just crazy talk. Sure, statistically he is better, but look at the talent that Manning team had? Manning was a 1st overall pick because his team stunk.

Everybody knew Manning was going to be very good his first year. He took that team to a 13-3 record his second year.

As for A-Rod, he's playing average right now. He has a ton of talent around him, so I'm not sure how much better he can, because he'll probably never have more offensive talent around him that he does now (two top 20 receivers imo, a borderline pro-bowler at TE, etc).

He has the arm and the athleticism to be very good. Hopefully he starts using the whole field, stays healthy, improves his accuracy, and most importantly gains the faith of the coach to truly open up the offense and go back to the spread we were running last year.

Partial
12-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Warner, Romo and Brees will likely represent the NFC in Hawaii this year. Rodgers will likely be the alternate. He's 4th in the NFC in yards, tied with Romo for 3rd in TD's, 4th in completion percentage, and 5th in QB rating - just shy of the Bucs' Garcia. He's tied for 8th best with 11 INT's, but each QB I named as being the Pro Bowl representatives have thrown more. He's been one of the best in the NFL on 3rd down - that last game is a rare exception for this team this season. He leads the best red zone offense in the league.

That third down stat is inaccurate. The Packers are the worst team in the NFL in 3rd and long.

LEWCWA
12-10-2008, 08:42 PM

this isn't his rookie year! It is his fourth! Big difference being thrown to the wolves 1st year and getting to wait 3 years..

pack4to84
12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
He's doing better than Peyton Manning was his rookie year, though he has a much better team. Just figured I'd throw that in since im the local Tennessee homer.He is actually comparable to him this years stats wise.
Rodgers 63.6% 22TD 11 INT 3192yrds 7.4 avg 92.1 rating

Manning 64.4% 22TD 12 INT 3225yrds 6.8 avg 88.8 rating

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
That third down stat is inaccurate. The Packers are the worst team in the NFL in 3rd and long.

Packers are 11th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion (42.5%). The Jets are two spots back at 41.6%. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=531&timeframe=

I suppose you'll tell me the stats are skewed by the OL and Ryan Grant's awesome ability to convert 3rd and short situations.
:roll:

Partial
12-10-2008, 09:32 PM

Packers are 11th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion (42.5%). The Jets are two spots back at 41.6%. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=531&timeframe=

Perhaps misleading would have been a better word choice than inaccurate.

If they're so good on 3rd down, then why are they putting up a mere 20.1 points per game offensively? I'm sure they're very good at the 3rd and 3 or less because they have so many options. A-Rod can boot leg and run for it, they can do a screen, a slant, etc.

For the past several broadcasts, the announcers have stated how they are the worst in the league at 3rd and long. Whether that means 3rd and 5 or longer, I know not. I would believe this though, because they run a very plain jane offense and don't score a lot of points.

I could not care less how the Jets do.

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Who cares how they are at 3rd and 2 or 3? They rarely get that! For the past several broadcasts, the announcers have stated how they are the worst in the league at 3rd and long. Whether that means 3rd and 5 or longer, I know not.

Of course, you don't know. You alsod don't really know if we rarely get 3rd and shorts. BTW, 3rd and 5 wouldn't be considered a 3rd and long situation. More likely, 3rd and 10 or longer.

HarveyWallbangers
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
You ever think that stat has very little to do with Rodgers, and more to do with Mike McCarthy getting conservative in those situations and 1) running the ball or 2) calling a screen or dumpoff? Especially early in the year.

Partial
12-10-2008, 09:37 PM
You ever think that stat has very little to do with Rodgers, and more to do with Mike McCarthy getting conservative in those situations and 1) running the ball or 2) calling a screen or dumpoff? Especially early in the year.

Absolutely.

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I think ARod is having a very good first year. Sure he's got some things to work on. Seeing all the field is the biggest one, but that will come with experience. Very happy with him.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I knew that comment would ruffle some feathers, I threw it out there to see a reaction. I figured his stats were very comparable to Peyton's first year, thanks for posting them. I remember seeing Peyton in his first year and knowing he would be a good quarterback, I see the same thing in Rodgers, even if the "it" isn't there yet.

channtheman
12-11-2008, 01:58 AM

true but when the o gets better and can put long drives together, rather than trying to win with big plays, the d won't get over-worked and taken advantage of.

Did you watch the NO game? You know where the Packers went on 8 minute drives and the defense would come in and give up a 1 or 2 play drive? Or even just the Houston game where on the opening possession the defense gave up a 3 play drive? Yeah you're right though, the offense probably wasn't out there long enough and the defense was tired.

Partial
12-11-2008, 02:47 AM
There's something to be said for "setting the tone".

A good offense makes it easier for a defender to play the game to the best of their ability and stay out of their head.

Kiwon
12-11-2008, 05:54 AM
A-Rod has had an up-and-down year but my guess is that he's done better than what most people expected. Certainly he's physically tougher than advertised.

At least there should be fewer guys in Jets #4 jerseys in the crowd.

Most impressively has been his handling of the mess that the team handed him in the Brett Farve dispute. I don't think someone in his position could have done any better.

Patler
12-11-2008, 05:58 AM
That's just crazy talk. Sure, statistically he is better, but look at the talent that Manning team had? Manning was a 1st overall pick because his team stunk.

Ya, one has to wonder how Manning did it as a rookie. He completed 59 passes his rookie year to some slug named Marvin Harrison, and another 86 to a hack named Marshall Faulk. Whatever became of those guys? :wink: One of his tight ends that year (Dilger) only made one Pro Bowl in his 10 year career (how good can he have been?) and the other tight end (Marcus Pollard) only lasted 13 years in the NFL, yet somehow Manning was able to connect with them 55 times his rookie season. Other receivers? Jerome Pathon, Torrance Small. Full backs protecting Manning? Craig "Ironhead" Heyward and a guy whose career was done after just 13 seasons (Zach Crockett). All those guys were in Indy several years before Manning arrived.

One has to wonder how Manning ever managed to complete a pass as a rookie, especially with only two potential future HOF'ers to throw to 145 times! (How much better would Rodgers be with the likes of Marshall Faulk to dump the ball off to 86 times rather than Jackson or Grant????)

Truth be told, Indy's defense was pretty miserable in most of the early Manning years, but a lot of pretty good offensive pieces were there several years before Manning arrived. They just didn't have much of a QB in Harbaugh.

SkinBasket
12-11-2008, 07:32 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Houston get their 1st 1st down of the season in a 3rd and 9 or 3rd and 10 situation against the Packers, making them 1 for 30 on the year in that category?

pack4to84
12-11-2008, 08:27 AM
He's doing better than Peyton Manning was his rookie year, though he has a much better team. Just figured I'd throw that in since im the local Tennessee homer.He is actually comparable to him this years stats wise.
Rodgers 63.6% 22TD 11 INT 3192yrds 7.4 avg 92.1 rating

Manning 64.4% 22TD 12 INT 3225yrds 6.8 avg 88.8 ratingsome people are miss informed from my post. This is this year stats

Manning rookie year stats
56.7% 26TD 28 INT 3739 yrds 71.2 rating

Gunakor
12-11-2008, 12:15 PM

It is not wrong. The topic of this thread isn't how good the Packers are on 3rd and long, it's about Rodgers specifically. And when I say Rodgers is one of the best on 3rd down, I am including ALL 3rd downs, not just 3rd and long. Furthermore, to asses the QB on 3rd down, you have to throw out all the times MM ran the ball on 3rd down. Remember now that on 3rd and long MM goes really conservative with the playcalling, and if you are always going conservative on 3rd and long you aren't going to pick up a ton of first downs. Rodgers doesn't call the plays, he just relays MM's playcall to the guys in the huddle.

If a screen play is called, Rodgers throws the screen and gains as many yards as the screen gains. If they don't pick up the first down, how can you blame that on Rodgers? He did his job getting the ball to the back running the screen. His job is over as soon as he gets rid of the ball, the rest is on the RB and the OL blocking for him. Whether they get the first down or not, Rodgers gets credit for a completed pass and yards gained. That all factors into his QB rating positively. If I'm not mistaken, Rodgers has a QB rating of nearly 100 on 3rd down, which is near the top of the league. So no, it's not wrong. Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league on 3rd down.

Packgator
12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
As for A-Rod, he's playing average right now.

His stats and rankings say otherwise. At least above average and in some categories top tier.

Completion percentage: 63.6 (11th)

Yards: 3,192 (6th)

Ave. yds. per completion: 7.4 (10th)

TD's: 22 (5th)

Completions of 20 yds. or more: 39 (6th)

Completions of 40 yds. or more: 12 (2nd)

Passer rating: 92.1 (8th)

Merlin
12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Rodgers has shown he has some talent, he has also shown he has some severe weaknesses and some tendencies that have remained since he got to Green Bay. He has done an admirable job leading this team and I think he has the potential to become a great QB, but as a lot of people said, that isn't a given. He is in his 4th season so don't compare him to a rookie. He has had years to improve, study, etc. If he stays healthy he will be at the very least average, the rest is up to him. The play calling has taken a serious dive. We used to live and die by the slant pass, you don't see much of that. I am not sure if that's something the QB has to call or not but prior to this season we sure had a lot more slants and hot reads then we do this season. When we do run a slant it's something you definitely notice because they are no where near as crisp as last season. Right now the success of the Packers is mired in the special teams and defense. The offense however has done little to pull games out, that I believe will change with time.

POLISHHAWK
12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
For God sakes; what the hell did Rodger's ever do to some of you guys? I love how everyone talked about Jennings' first year and how great he was going to be, but with Rodgers it's every critic coming out of the woodwork.

Guys can either play or they can't... Get over the fact that Rodgers CAN PLAY and IS GOOD!

I wish these critical folk were just as critical when Favre BLEW ALOT of games for Green Bay... short memory? How bout a game last January in Lambeau. I believe he is about 50/50 in 4th quarter comebacks and 4th quarter game giveaways. Love how ESPN talks about how great he is coming back in the 4th... the last 10 years I've seen him NOT be able to do it about 85% of the time (usually with an INT to end the game).

MOBB DEEP
12-11-2008, 04:28 PM
i really enjoy watchn him ball. i dig his style and can see him in pro bowl approx 3 times in 6 years; top 7-10 qb for some years

Gunakor
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
i really enjoy watchn him ball. i dig his style and can see him in pro bowl approx 3 times in 6 years; top 7-10 qb for some years

Well, considering he is nearly top 10 in his first year as a starter, I'd say that's a pretty good guess... Barring injury, I'd say it's almost a damn certainty.

LL2
12-11-2008, 04:54 PM
For God sakes; what the hell did Rodger's ever do to some of you guys? I love how everyone talked about Jennings' first year and how great he was going to be, but with Rodgers it's every critic coming out of the woodwork.

Guys can either play or they can't... Get over the fact that Rodgers CAN PLAY and IS GOOD!

I wish these critical folk were just as critical when Favre BLEW ALOT of games for Green Bay... short memory? How bout a game last January in Lambeau. I believe he is about 50/50 in 4th quarter comebacks and 4th quarter game giveaways. Love how ESPN talks about how great he is coming back in the 4th... the last 10 years I've seen him NOT be able to do it about 85% of the time (usually with an INT to end the game).

Very good points! I think we should be thankful we have Rodgers as QB. The Packers could very well be 2-11 with someone like Alex Smith. Romo also didn't start until his 4th season and many think he's a great QB. To me he hasn't proven anything in the last few years as a starter. If TT and MM get things fixed the Pack could be back to 10+ wins.

Pacopete4
12-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Favre BLEW ALOT of games for Green Bay...

hmm... we were the winningest franchise since he has taken over as our QB.. how many games did he really "blow".... who woulda done a better job in that time?.... ur shit is laughable...

TennesseePackerBacker
12-11-2008, 05:06 PM
The defense needs to be fixed and the oline needs to grow and gel. The special teams have been atrocious, I'm curious to see where the Packers are on return yards allowed. Aaron Rodgers is certaintly not the problem in Green Bay, in fact, I'm pretty sure he'll be a bright spot in years to come barring any significant injury.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Favre BLEW ALOT of games for Green Bay...

hmm... we were the winningest franchise since he has taken over as our QB.. how many games did he really "blow".... who woulda done a better job in that time?.... ur shit is laughable...

and you sir are as ignorant as it can get. I can't count the number of times since 2000 where Favre had the ball in his hand late in the game and gave it away. Or gave the game away in the 1st quarter, 6 ints against the rams in the playoffs, numerous losing games in Dallas, last year against the Giants and Cowboys. Philly in the playoffs, you remember that gift to three Eagles CB's? I swear to a foreigner of football it would look like someone paid Favre off to throw the end of that game.

You people need to get off of Favre already, he's NOT a Packer anymore, and until he retires he wont be again. I just don't understand how some of you people have become so jaded about Favre and just abandon all logic. Was it because the Pack were 13-3 last year? The absolute best record we've seen in the Favre tenure happened last year, but look at the two years prior, and that god awful atlanta playoff game.

Favre is not the world-beater a lot of you seem to think he still is. The guy is old and over the hill, he's not even half of the quarterback he used to be in his earlier days. I know, I've watched these Jets games, he throws some absolutely horrible decisions and doesn't have the arm strength anymore to have the ball bounce off the defender, or make it through the tight spot like the young Favre could.

Were we really the winningiest franchise during the 17 years Favre was here? I'd like to see that stat instead of just randomly thrown out there.

Patler
12-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Rodgers has shown he has some talent, he has also shown he has some severe weaknesses and some tendencies that have remained since he got to Green Bay.

What "severe weaknesses" and what "tendencies" are you referring to?
Might as well discuss specifics.

Patler
12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
As a point of discussion, before last year (or maybe late 2006) weren't some on here complaining because Favre had gone for something like three season without a 4th qtr winning TD drive, and had only a few Ryan Longwell FGs in a bunch of opportunities to show for it. People were questioning whether he could still lead the late game TD drive for a win.

While the QB has a lot to do with it, some of it is luck and a lot depends on the other 10 on offense too. Second and goal from the 2 ends up as a FG through no fault of Rodgers. First and 10 from the 13 becomes second and 17 from the 32 and then third and 26 from the 41 due to no fault of Rodgers. Go ahead and tying drives late in the 4th quarter are quickly frittered away by poor ST play and poor defense. A makable (albeit long) FG is missed.

Fourth quarter wins require a lot more than just the QB. Rodgers could easily have a couple this year with a little cooperation from his team mates.

gbgary
12-11-2008, 07:46 PM

Did you watch the NO game? You know where the Packers went on 8 minute drives and the defense would come in and give up a 1 or 2 play drive? Or even just the Houston game where on the opening possession the defense gave up a 3 play drive? Yeah you're right though, the offense probably wasn't out there long enough and the defense was tired.

yes...but i'm talking about the whole season in general. this season the offense, for the most part, has struggled. the Pack has lived on big plays, and turnovers, rather than consistant ball control. take the points the defense the special teams scored and the record would be even worse. i don't think MM has helped with his play calling either. Rodgers has been pretty darn good for a first-year qb but there's room for lots of improvement. he's tough and proved to be durable. he can throw a perfect bomb and turn around and miss a wide open guy downfield by five yards. he can't throw a slant very well either. he'll stand in there and throw a perfect ball under extreme pressure and then turn around and miss a guy by a mile with no pressure. time and experience should fix all that. with a good draft, and some good free agents, next year should be better. maybe we'll get back to winning all the nail-biters rather than losing them. :D

KYPack
12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
When did we stop throwing slants?

When did Rodgers throw a slant poorly?

The slant is a staple of offense and ARod can sling 'em.

We will be fine eventually. We need to run the ball consistently well, then our offense will be one bitch to stop.

oregonpackfan
12-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Most impressively has been his handling of the mess that the team handed him in the Brett Favre dispute. I don't think someone in his position could have done any better.

This is a VERY strong point!

Rodgers faced(and to some extent, still faces) the pressure of replacing a legendary QB. Furthermore, he displayed remarkable poise and maturity during this whole Favre retirement/unretirement/trade debacle. How many other 24 year old QB's could have done that with the same professionalism that Rodgers showed?

cpk1994
12-12-2008, 02:42 AM

I wish these critical folk were just as critical when Favre BLEW ALOT of games for Green Bay... short memory? How bout a game last January in Lambeau. I believe he is about 50/50 in 4th quarter comebacks and 4th quarter game giveaways. Love how ESPN talks about how great he is coming back in the 4th... the last 10 years I've seen him NOT be able to do it about 85% of the time (usually with an INT to end the game).Its very easy to see why some have a problem with Rodgers. Rodgers, as you remember, was drafted in the first round when these people wanted something else and thought QB should be drafted later. They hate TT with a passion and the drafting of Rodgers fuels that.; Also, there were a couple of them that called him a bust immediately and now that Rodgers has made them look bad, they will bash and tear Rodgers down on any little thing just to try to show there original position that he is a bust. Throw in the fact that these bashers are most likely Favre butt kissers and what happened earlier in the year, you see why those people refuse to give Rodgers any credit or cede the fact that he probably will be good.

To sum up:

The bashers hate TT.
TT drafted ARod and the bashers didn't wnat that.
Therefore The bashers hate ARod and call him a bust.

Hopee that helps.

SnakeLH2006
12-12-2008, 03:45 AM

I wish these critical folk were just as critical when Favre BLEW ALOT of games for Green Bay... short memory? How bout a game last January in Lambeau. I believe he is about 50/50 in 4th quarter comebacks and 4th quarter game giveaways. Love how ESPN talks about how great he is coming back in the 4th... the last 10 years I've seen him NOT be able to do it about 85% of the time (usually with an INT to end the game).Its very easy to see why some have a problem with Rodgers. Rodgers, as you remember, was drafted in the first round when these people wanted something else and thought QB should be drafted later. They hate TT with a passion and the drafting of Rodgers fuels that.; Also, there were a couple of them that called him a bust immediately and now that Rodgers has made them look bad, they will bash and tear Rodgers down on any little thing just to try to show there original position that he is a bust. Throw in the fact that these bashers are most likely Favre butt kissers and what happened earlier in the year, you see why those people refuse to give Rodgers any credit or cede the fact that he probably will be good.

To sum up:

The bashers hate TT.

Hopee that helps.

To sum it up, yes you like to run your mouth...check out this mp3 I just uploaded for ya: http://vidtomp3.com/mp3_details.php?video=vidtomp3.com-12290741393363.mp3

Listen to that as us fellow "6'5" muthafuckas are sick of ya running ya mouth ya dirty worm"....those are quotes from the MP3. "Take a dirt nap...talking shit." Just sounded good to sum up what we think of ya. Some of us are 6'5" dirt cluckers.....

Those are just quotes from the song so take that as you may. BTW...Great song by a rap legend Andre Nickatina for free...so hit that link. It's called "Dirty Worm"..good stuff. I just had to jump into this post as you are way offline with your shit talking on others, as usual.

Back to topic....

I love how you generalize everyone into your hating "session of the day" as trolls do that type of thing. You hate..we know that and (can produce posts you've done on EVERY single genre of the Packer org....but that is tiresome)...but hey let's look at your last post...for times sake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The bashers hate TT"...yep you've done so so many times yourself, perhaps you should be car-bombing him like he raped your cats (yes you prob. have many, but I dont' care about that either). Personally, I don't hate TT, but think he needs to do a revamp in the offseason and seriously look at getting an OL or DL FA for once. TT needs to make some changes though.

"TT drafted ARod and the bashers didn't wnat that." No one really wanted a QB at the time, nor did I, but it worked out as I like Arod and think he'll get better with wins in the near future. He's a lot tougher than I thought mentally, and esp. physically. He's a Pro-Bowler to come with borderline leadership skills that once again come with experience, but needs to improve his late game make-up as he's been sub-par lategame (comes with experience).

"Therefore The bashers hate ARod and call him a bust."....You can barely spell and use CAPS/grammar like it's caveman time or something...what is that?? Oh well, most trailer-park skeezers are none the wiser. We are in a recession, not a regression. LOL Who on here said he's a bust? NEVER me nor many others, but to generalize on all makes you a troll trying to get rips on peeps to improve your standing with your frosh HS peeps that don't really like you either. I'd have wedgied you to death CPK, but I love ARod and he has by far exceeded my expectations statistically, yet his late-game shit is not good, but that comes with experience. But he's a tough dude and respect him immensely, no matter the record.

Take note and take care esp. at 2:00 (funny or interesting....have you EVER been either....NOPE, so check this out as that is key to this vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCPJH6swoY'

The knowledge is to not feed the troll, I say kill the troll.....brutally.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Rodgers is going to be a heck of a player no doubt. Even if he doesn’t improve and just plays like he has this year for the rest of his career he will be a top ten QB every year. I think he has a high ceiling. If we can get him a consistent o-line you will see Manning/Brady type numbers in a year or two.

Gunakor
12-12-2008, 02:09 PM

To sum up:

The bashers hate TT.

Hopee that helps.

To sum it up, yes you like to run your mouth...check out this mp3 I just uploaded for ya: http://vidtomp3.com/mp3_details.php?video=vidtomp3.com-12290741393363.mp3

Listen to that as us fellow "6'5" muthafuckas are sick of ya running ya mouth ya dirty worm"....those are quotes from the MP3. "Take a dirt nap...talking shit." Just sounded good to sum up what we think of ya. Some of us are 6'5" dirt cluckers.....

Those are just quotes from the song so take that as you may. BTW...Great song by a rap legend Andre Nickatina for free...so hit that link. It's called "Dirty Worm"..good stuff. I just had to jump into this post as you are way offline with your shit talking on others, as usual.

Back to topic....

I love how you generalize everyone into your hating "session of the day" as trolls do that type of thing. You hate..we know that and (can produce posts you've done on EVERY single genre of the Packer org....but that is tiresome)...but hey let's look at your last post...for times sake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The bashers hate TT"...yep you've done so so many times yourself, perhaps you should be car-bombing him like he raped your cats (yes you prob. have many, but I dont' care about that either). Personally, I don't hate TT, but think he needs to do a revamp in the offseason and seriously look at getting an OL or DL FA for once. TT needs to make some changes though.

"TT drafted ARod and the bashers didn't wnat that." No one really wanted a QB at the time, nor did I, but it worked out as I like Arod and think he'll get better with wins in the near future. He's a lot tougher than I thought mentally, and esp. physically. He's a Pro-Bowler to come with borderline leadership skills that once again come with experience, but needs to improve his late game make-up as he's been sub-par lategame (comes with experience).

"Therefore The bashers hate ARod and call him a bust."....You can barely spell and use CAPS/grammar like it's caveman time or something...what is that?? Oh well, most trailer-park skeezers are none the wiser. We are in a recession, not a regression. LOL Who on here said he's a bust? NEVER me nor many others, but to generalize on all makes you a troll trying to get rips on peeps to improve your standing with your frosh HS peeps that don't really like you either. I'd have wedgied you to death CPK, but I love ARod and he has by far exceeded my expectations statistically, yet his late-game shit is not good, but that comes with experience. But he's a tough dude and respect him immensely, no matter the record.

Take note and take care esp. at 2:00 (funny or interesting....have you EVER been either....NOPE, so check this out as that is key to this vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCPJH6swoY'

The knowledge is to not feed the troll, I say kill the troll.....brutally.

First off Snake, CPK wasn't talking to you. He was responding to a post made by Polishhawk. It is you coming on to bad mouth him, not the other way around. Perhaps you should take a step back and realize that small fact before calling others out for trolling, when that's exactly what you are doing right here.

Secondly, he's right. He wasn't talking to or about you specifically, so don't take such offense. TT haters hate on TT for a number of reasons, including drafting Aaron Rodgers and naming him the starter over Brett Favre. You can't honestly sit there believing that isn't true. If you are not one of those people, that's great, but he wasn't talking to or about you specifically so don't take it as such. He's talking in general about the people who do feel that way, and there are plenty of them out there. No reason to take it personally.

You don't like him, IGNORE HIM. If you don't like me, IGNORE ME. It is YOU who comes on this site bashing CPK and others, starting some shit that doesn't need to be started. YOU are the one acting a troll. I don't understand the need for you to respond in such a negative way to a post - nay a POSTER - for something that wasn't even directed at you in the first place.

gbgary
12-13-2008, 06:06 PM

We will be fine eventually. We need to run the ball consistently well, then our offense will be one bitch to stop.

i didn't say they stopped throwing them but now that you mention it early on this season they didn't throw many at all. in past years it WAS a staple of our offense but not this year. i mentioned that very subject early in the season. as for "when did Rodgers throw a slant poorly?" you have to be kidding. it's every game. they're either too low, behind the guy, or something. seldom has he hit a guy in stride. i'm not bashing him. he's a very good qb and he'll only get better with time and experience. i think they just tried to plug him into Brett's offense and it didn't work.

RashanGary
12-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Gosh I hate to compare Rodgers to Brett. It's not fair to either of them. Brett is a great QB. Rodgers is playing better right now but Favre is an old man so it's not a fair comparison.

LEWCWA
12-13-2008, 07:05 PM
No shit, hey. Arod has a long way to go to even be in the same conversation as Brett.

RashanGary
12-13-2008, 07:41 PM
No shit, hey. Arod has a long way to go to even be in the same conversation as Brett.

haha, cept that he's better now ;)

I'll agree career-wise though. Brett has had a long, distinguished career. Rodgers has only had one really good year.

Dabaddestbear
12-13-2008, 08:57 PM
HE WILL BE A TRULY ELITE QB IN THE NFL.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE FOR PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON... NOT OVER YET!

:bs2: :crazy:

Dabaddestbear
12-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Gosh I hate to compare Rodgers to Brett. It's not fair to either of them. Brett is a great QB. Rodgers is playing better right now but Favre is an old man so it's not a fair comparison.
Its not so much that he playing better than Brett, he has better WR's getting great yards after the catch than Brett has. You put Driver and Jennings with Brett and this isnt even close to comparison this year. C'mon, you have to look at this from all perspectives.

wist43
12-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Rodgers has been light years better than I thought he could be... it's a leap to see him leading us to a Superbowl, but not as big a leap as I used to think it was.

Still, the Packers have so many problems... not the least of which will be replacing cornerstone type players in Clifton, Tauscher, Woodson, and Harris... don't see any Superbowls in our future.

SnakeLH2006
12-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Yo Gunakor...Hope we are cool, but here goes...

Damn...this is such a loaded topic, it's just wrong. Realize I'm directing heat on CPK cuz he continually posts these inflammatory type posts whichever direction he's heading at "that time" to blame someone in PackerLand for something. If you are mad cuz we disagreed last week on a topic, so be it.......I did too, it's cool. But sounds like you are sounding off on me, but bring it then..oh well. Who care's....we are 5-8. I'm cool, we have bigger probs.

He's offbase cuz he's starting flame wars to get his name up there with controversial and stupid posts with no base to them...note how he is nowhere to be found, as I was RIGHT on all 3 "facts" he posted.

Who cares NEway..I"m not trying to stir anything up, but to take sides in a Brett/Arod debate is just a loss to all. I like both. Let them be...and I'm a troll-killer, not one. Jeez.

Definition: An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I dish it, yes, but can respond. I NEVER stir up shit to get peeps pissed, just to regulate when dumbasses talk too much as if they know what the masses think...CPK...and try to incite a riot half the fucking time....this is why it's a forum...to let peep talk. Hope we are cool...peace. Jeez. Go Pack man!

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Yo Gunakor...Hope we are cool, but here goes...

Damn...this is such a loaded topic, it's just wrong. Realize I'm directing heat on CPK cuz he continually posts these inflammatory type posts whichever direction he's heading at "that time" to blame someone in PackerLand for something. If you are mad cuz we disagreed last week on a topic, so be it.......I did too, it's cool. But sounds like you are sounding off on me, but bring it then..oh well. Who care's....we are 5-8. I'm cool, we have bigger probs.

He's offbase cuz he's starting flame wars to get his name up there with controversial and stupid posts with no base to them...note how he is nowhere to be found, as I was RIGHT on all 3 "facts" he posted.

Who cares NEway..I"m not trying to stir anything up, but to take sides in a Brett/Arod debate is just a loss to all. I like both. Let them be...and I'm a troll-killer, not one. Jeez.

Definition: An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I dish it, yes, but can respond. I NEVER stir up shit to get peeps pissed, just to regulate when dumbasses talk too much as if they know what the masses think...CPK...and try to incite a riot half the fucking time....this is why it's a forum...to let peep talk. Hope we are cool...peace. Jeez. Go Pack man!Look you pathetic punk ass bitch, I haven't gone anywhere. I ignore you becuase you have no substance. Editing peoples posts to intentionally misrepresent them, calling people immature and whie using personal attacks thereby being immature yourself, and acting like a goddamn forum nazi shows what a low life ass clown you truly are. I simply gave Polishhawk an answer for the question he posited. You acted like a fucking troll. You are really are a hypocritcal example of the class you claim pthers shoud show.
You have a lot of growing up to do little boy and you sure as hell don't practice what you preach. Basically either grow up, or STFU.

KYPack
12-14-2008, 10:12 AM

i didn't say they stopped throwing them but now that you mention it early on this season they didn't throw many at all. in past years it WAS a staple of our offense but not this year. i mentioned that very subject early in the season. as for "when did Rodgers throw a slant poorly?" you have to be kidding. it's every game. they're either too low, behind the guy, or something. seldom has he hit a guy in stride. i'm not bashing him. he's a very good qb and he'll only get better with time and experience. i think they just tried to plug him into Brett's offense and it didn't work.

Well GB, guess I disagree with ya, although I don't know if that matters much now. I've been kinda impressed with Rodgers at most times, dissappointed at times too.

I haven't seem all these bad slant tosses you refer to, but I have seen areas that ARod could stand to improve.

Should they take a look at ARod's abilities and build the O around him?

Yeah, I think so.

Rodgers seems to be what people see in him.

A guy at the Packer Bar two weeks ago said that Rodgers was terrible at rolling out. I felt that is a strength of his.

If he stays healthy, I think he's a helluva asset to the team. We also need to grow us a back-up QB.

I guess I could paw thru old game tape and figure all the slants we did/didn't run, but shit, why do that? I might be wrong.