PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Packers 2009 record....

SnakeLH2006
12-14-2008, 02:04 AM
Like the topic says except many changes may happen we don't know....Coaching (1 in 4 chance)....GM (1 in 10 chance)....players...

One thing that is consistent with NFL schedules is that we'll have an "easy" schedule next year regardless how we do the rest of the year.

Been amazingly frustrating having a "good" team talent-wise go down at 5-8 so far.....WTF is that...We all know we are better than that, but to say injuries are the reason is blind....We lost Cullen, but who else was a difference maker...Barnett...etc. maybe, but we didn't lose that much to be a 5-8 team....esp. having a decided point-differential thus far...meaning we got nipped and blew out some mofos.

Either way, I see us at 11-5 next year in 2009.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-14-2008, 02:11 AM
15-4

texaspackerbacker
12-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah, 15-4 sounds about right to me too. I was tempted to go higher, but I got burned this year.

This is contingent, of course, on none of those stupid "changes" mentioned above happening, and also contingent on not having anywhere near the rotten luck that has ruined this season.

Rastak
12-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Since the NFL is based on luck it's really impossible to say.....anything from 0-16 to16-0 is possible depending on how the dice roll.

A poll like this can be put up anytime of year though since none of a teams moves matter much since the game is entirely luck based.

wist43
12-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Way early for this one, lol...

Could be an offseason with some turnover... biggest factor would be if they actually made a move on Sanders, and considered changing systems. I'm inclined to think nil on both counts.

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 10:13 AM
I want to wait to see who is the DC first

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 10:22 AM
I want to wait to see who is the DC firstI do too.

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I want to see how the DL and OL shake out. I'm not big on "blaming" Sanders because I think the problems run deeper (personel). However, I do think we could do better and I'd also like to see a shake up at DC. If we're going to stick with the 4-3 I like the Giants/Eagles version best. Our scheme tends to need great defensive lineman.

One thing I do like aobut our scheme as that very few teams run it. It makes it hard to prepare for. IF we had big time DT's and DE's I think our scheme would work very well because most teams don't practice against it very often and when you pressure the QB with 4, it becomes very hard to pass against as most passes tend to be the long developing crossing patterns against our scheme.

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 11:33 AM
I want to see how the DL and OL shake out. I'm not big on "blaming" Sanders because I think the problems run deeper (personel). However, I do think we could do better and I'd also like to see a shake up at DC. If we're going to stick with the 4-3 I like the Giants/Eagles version best.

One thing I do like aobut our scheme as that very few teams run it. It makes it hard to prepare for. IF we had big time DT's and DE's I think our scheme would work very well because most teams don't practice against it very often.

You should read the last PI article; IMO are scheme is pretty easy to prepare for and the lack of twists by Vanilla Bob make it even easier. We offer no surprises; teams look at how we are aligned and know exactly what we are doing. If you have superior talent it can still work

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 11:36 AM
You might be right, B. I'm OK with a shake up. I"m disappointed with how they've used their players. Bishop should not have been on the bench untill week 13 IMO. He's shown up big and nasty with every opportunity and all they did was advance the pussies. That is not acceptable.

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 11:42 AM
You might be right, B. I'm OK with a shake up. I"m disappointed with how they've used their players. Bishop should not have been on the bench untill week 13 IMO. He's shown up big and nasty with every opportunity and all they did was advance the pussies. That is not acceptable.

They interviewed a NFL guy who had played the Packers. Noted they really never see a twist they were not ready for on film. No new stunts or creative blitzes. Basically they know what GB is going to do if they are prepared...which is still OK if your talent is superior.....but if it's not...........

Some Fritz Shurmur like creativity might be good here and there.

GBRulz
12-14-2008, 12:12 PM
um, can we see what the draft, FA and off-season DC firings bring us, first??

Let me rephrase...can we see what the draft brings us? :lol:

SnakeLH2006
12-18-2008, 11:18 PM
um, can we see what the draft, FA and off-season DC firings bring us, first??

Let me rephrase...can we see what the draft brings us? :lol:

LOL...it's all cool, as this was just an early taste of what the reg. posters think about next year. My guess is a top-notch DL or OL (top 10 pick) and a change somewhere in coaching. TT and M3 aren't going anywhere right now. Packer brass will go with "injuries" for one offseason, yet an easy schedule, a better ARod, good skill positions are at least good for 10-11 wins in an abysmal division. I don't see a huge jump for our NFC North brethren... Yes, lots will happen and I think Vanilla Bob loses his job, not like he's done much to keep it or disprove his name. Time will tell, pray all.

hoosier
12-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I would never assume that a third-place schedule will necessarily be "easy." GB will be matched against other underacheiving teams like New Orleans and Washington. In addition to their six regular NFCN games, they'll get Ariz, SF, Sea, the third place teams in NFCS (NO?) and NFCE (Wash?), and the AFCN: Pitts, Balt, Cle and Cinn. From here it looks a little easier than this year, but by next year who knows which of these teams will have gotten red hot?

b bulldog
12-19-2008, 11:48 AM
If Phillips gets the boot in big D, he wouild be my first choice as DC and he is a good friend of TT.