PDA

View Full Version : Official PACKERS vs. jags Gameday Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Partial
12-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Dude, we average < 20 points a game now offensively.

Ummm... wrong again. I'm tired of correcting you on this. Before today, we averaged 22.5 points/game on offense--which was easily in the top 1/2 of the league.

27.3 pts/game going into today's game which is 4th in the NFL. Defense easily in the bottom half.

No, that is total points. Our defense and special teams are leading the league in points scored, providing a HUGE "bailout" to the offense.

Our offense is scoring < 20 ppg now, and that is simply not getting it done.

MJZiggy
The defense's job is to hold the opposing offense to 1 point less than your score. It's what winning teams do. You don't want to get into shootouts every game. You get a lead (which we did) and you hold it in the 4th quarter. You don't give the game away (which our D did). Picking up after every 4th quarter defensive fuckup is too much to ask.

Listen to the 40 people telling you that it's you not looking at this intelligently.

GrnBay007
Curious; did you watch the first half of the Jets game ? Because if you put both half's together I would disagree that Favre was horrible.

Got that right!!

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM

Ummm... wrong again. I'm tired of correcting you on this. Before today, we averaged 22.5 points/game on offense--which was easily in the top 1/2 of the league.

27.3 pts/game going into today's game which is 4th in the NFL. Defense easily in the bottom half.

No, that is total points. Our defense and special teams are leading the league in points scored, providing a HUGE "bailout" to the offense.

They didn't score any this game...

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Is it just me or does Brandon Jackson just seem to have a burst that Ryan Grant doesnt?

I want more Jackson

I agree. Grant is faster but Jackson is more powerfull. Jackson is the same weight as Grant but about 3 inches shorter. He's packed tighter, handles getting hit better and being shorter he has better balance so he can bounce off taclkers and make things happen when there is nothing there.

Yeah plays where it seems if Grant were running he would go two yards and fall down...; Jackson might get 7-8 yards out of it. And then back goes in Grant to do his usual get two yards and fall down business.

Almost all of his yards gained today came after contact. Go through the game thread again, I commented on it several times.

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Curious; did you watch the first half of the Jets game ? Because if you put both half's together I would disagree that Favre was horrible.

Got that right!!

According to Partial the QB's job is to get it done at the end, so according to him, Favre must have been horrible.

imscott72
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Partial doesn't count in defensive touchdowns. Becuase you know the offense wouldn't have scored on any of those possessions. I don't know how he knows this but he does. He only cares about what the offense does. Which is fine but he also then ignores that our offense scored a whole point or two more last year than our offense is this year after you take away defense and special teams scores.

Partial is on a fishing expedition. He knows it's not all Arod's fault, but each week he likes to jab us with a stick until we go off. Anyone with a brain can see it's not all his fault. Could he of played better? Of course, but the offense has done enough to where we should have 3 or 4 more wins. He just refuses to blame Grant for that dropped TD pass, which should of been a TD pass from Arod, but nope, that's Arod's fault too. I'm done. Might as well bang my head against a concrete wall than have a sensible conversation with him.

imscott72
12-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Our team sucks. Aaron Rodgers is a journeyman quarterback.

Hey, this is when you bring up the "fact" that our offense averages under 20 points/game again.

What do you mean "fact". It is a completely indisputable fact.

Last week it was 20.1. Now its dipped under 20. Our offense has performed worse and worse as game footage has become available on our newly veteran quarterback.

No idea where you're getting those numbers, because they're way, way off.
Through 13 games, 27.3 pts/game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=1130&old_category=Total&old_group=Defense

TennesseePackerBacker
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Hey, this is when you bring up the "fact" that our offense averages under 20 points/game again.

Last week it was 20.1. Now its dipped under 20. Our offense has performed worse and worse as game footage has become available on our newly veteran quarterback.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2008&sort=1130&old_category=Total&old_group=Defense

He's taking out defense/special teams TD's I assume.

gbgary
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM

exactly right!! i don't totally blame AR though. i think he's done fine for a first year guy. this is MM's what...3rd or 4th year? i put more of the blame on him.

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Still wouldn't make it under 20 points/game.

9 defensive/STs TDs in 13 games is 4.8 points/game. We averaged 27.3 points/game. You do the math. Not that hard. BTW, that offensive points/game easily ranked in the top half of the league. Other teams do get defensive/STs TDs also.

Partial
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM

They didn't score any this game...

Right.. It seems when the offense doesn't get bailed out by the D, we don't win. Even in the Detroit game, we couldn't score in the second half and blew a late game lead... only to have the D come and make some key turnovers and put up some points.

Partial
12-14-2008, 03:55 PM

Got that right!!

According to Partial the QB's job is to get it done at the end, so according to him, Favre must have been horrible.

No, the Quarterbacks job is to put points on the board. That is the exact opposite of the point I have been making.

Games are 60 minutes long. I don't give a shit what happens in the last minute, or even the last quarter. I'm smart enough to look at the game as a whole.

We gave up 20 points in 4 quarters. We scored 16 in as much time. That is completely unacceptable from the offense, and about to be expected in a solid defensive performance.

Partial
12-14-2008, 03:57 PM

No, that is SCORING. SCORING != OFFENSIVE SCORING. Christ, its like herding sheep. According to what fox said last week, the D and ST just cleared the 100 point mark for the season. I took the (total points scored - 100) / 13. 20.1 after last week.

Now we're < 20. Pathetic.

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Nice idea, P, but there are some points in the game that are more important than others. The last couple minutes of the game is one of those points. If you give the game away at the end, it's pretty damned important.

HarveyWallbangers
Partial,

Are we averaging under 20 points/game offensively?

arcilite
Man, you talk to fans of other teams and listen to the media and they all say Rodgers is exceeding expectations and is a good QB, and has a promising future in Green Bay.

You come to this forum and people talk about how much he sucks and how the offense sucks because of him and TT made the wrong choice and we need to find a new QB now.

Some people are just looney.

Partial
12-14-2008, 03:59 PM

Still wouldn't make it under 20 points/game.

9 defensive/STs TDs in 13 games is 4.8 points/game. We averaged 27.3 points/game. You do the math. Not that hard. BTW, that offensive points/game easily ranked in the top half of the league. Other teams do get defensive/STs TDs also.

I'm going off of what Fox said. They said we cleared the 100 point mark for our defense and special teams last week.

(total points - 100)/13 = 20.1. Now, we're < 20 using the numbers given to us by a professional, credible organization. I don't have the time to go look it up.

We're leading the league according to the same org in D & ST scoring, so there is something to be said for that.

arcilite
12-14-2008, 04:00 PM
You sure they said 100 point mark?

I dont have the figures but that means we have scored over 14 defensive / ST touchdowns.

Does not sound right.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Nice idea, P, but there are some points in the game that are more important than others. The last couple minutes of the game is one of those points. If you give the game away at the end, it's pretty damned important.

No, there is not. That is what someone who doesn't understand probablility, basic logic, etc thinks.

Every minute is as valuable as the rest. The only fact that matters is we gave up 20 points.. A solid defensive effort.

We scored 16. A piss poor offensive effort. Not even enough for the all-time greatest defense in the history of the NFL to have a chance to win. Baltimore in 2000 is on record saying they do not expect to win if the defense does not get 17 points.

Did we get 17 points Zig? Did we? The answer is No. Is our defense as good as the all-time greatest defense in the rich history of the NFL? No, its not. So 20 points is reasonable.

We should be able to score 20+ points with an average QB, solid receivers, solid OL, and average RBs.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
You sure they said 100 point mark?

I dont have the figures but that means we have scored over 14 defensive / ST touchdowns.

Does not sound right.

I have no idea if its right or not, it was a figure that was discussed and displayed on the tv by Fox during last weeks game.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Got that right!!

No, the Quarterbacks job is to put points on the board. That is the exact opposite of the point I have been making.

Games are 60 minutes long. I don't give a shit what happens in the last minute, or even the last quarter. I'm smart enough to look at the game as a whole.

We gave up 20 points in 4 quarters. We scored 16 in as much time. That is completely unacceptable from the offense, and about to be expected in a solid defensive performance.Christ are you this stupid in ral life. They gave up 14 pts in the 4th quarterand blew ANOTHER late lead. THE DEFENSE IS NOT DOING ITS FUCKING JOB. Quit making excuses for them just so you can bash Rodgers.

Brohm
12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Stats from NFL.com (double-check at will)

(355 total points - 63 points D/ST TD's)/13 = 22.2

with today:

(371 - 63)/14 = 22

Above 20, but still mediocre.

I wouldn't put it all on Rodgers though, the offensive playcalling in key situations has been dismal.

HarveyWallbangers
Partial,

Just admit you were talking out of your ass, and move on.

dissident94
Someone tell me how many points Green Bay scored in the second half. Please tell me that. Then explain to me they are not equally to blame

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Man, you talk to fans of other teams and listen to the media and they all say Rodgers is exceeding expectations and is a good QB, and has a promising future in Green Bay.

You come to this forum and people talk about how much he sucks and how the offense sucks because of him and TT made the wrong choice and we need to find a new QB now.

Some people are just looney.

Not really. Listen to the media and you hear how great a player like Brian Urlacher is. Go to Chicago where they actually watch week in and week out and they think he is getting older and slower, and is no longer the leader of the defense.

Rodgers is an average player. He hasn't won a game yet when it mattered, and he has lost a few with bad plays. The offense is general has lost plenty, and the defense has lost one or two itself.

Quarterback is not a position to be taken lightly obviously. The first year starter bit is really old. Matt Ryan, a rookie, is outperforming a 4 year vet. Neither of these people should be able to use the rookie or first year player bit anymore... they're more than 75% done with a season.

If Rodgers is going to be just a guy (as he looks right now, despite his physical tools), they might have to look elsewhere. That would suck, but you will not annually compete if you're "just solid" at QB. We need a star.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 04:07 PM

Got that right!!

We gave up 20 points in 4 quarters. We scored 16 in as much time. That is completely unacceptable from the offense, and about to be expected in a solid defensive performance.

P, you should start giving a shit about the last minute or even the last quarter. That's when these games are being lost. If you started to care about the end of games maybe you'd see things for what they are.

Over the course of the season, how many points have we given up in the 4th quarter? The 4th quarter IS more important than the first 3. It just is. That's crunch time. That's when it's time to put up or shut up.

There was an interesting stat they showed on TV before the game started today, and it said the Packers have scored more points in the 4th quarter than in any other quarter. That they were the highest scoring team in the 4th quarter in the entire NFL. When it comes to crunch time, the offense shows up. Now, I'll bet you can guess how the Packers rank defensively in the 4th quarter...

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm going off of what Fox said. They said we cleared the 100 point mark for our defense and special teams last week.

(total points - 100)/13 = 20.1. Now, we're < 20 using the numbers given to us by a professional, credible organization. I don't have the time to go look it up.

We're leading the league according to the same org in D & ST scoring, so there is something to be said for that.

After 14 games (from ESPN.com/nfl/standings section.....
371 points scored, 339 points given up

We are giving up 24.2 points a game defensively that ranks approx. 22nd in the league in points given up.

The first half of the season, the D was playing good overall. But this last 1/2 of the season they have failed.

And if you can't see that, it's just plain dumb dumb dumb dumb

Partial
Partial,

Just admit you were talking out of your ass, and move on.

I think you're incorrect. I told you how I came up with my number, yet I haven't seen where you are pulling your info from.

HarveyWallbangers
(355 total points - 63 points D/ST TD's)/13 = 22.2

Actually, it's 22.5 like I said earlier. 22.46 to be more precise.

Brohm
12-14-2008, 04:09 PM
What physical tools is he lacking? He is no Favre but infinately better than the Wrights, Dilwigs and Kiels we have had to trot out there pre-Brett. He is a 24 y/o first year starter with upside. We also have developmental talent behind him.

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2008, 04:09 PM
I think you're incorrect. I told you how I came up with my number, yet I haven't seen where you are pulling your info from.

Hard to believe you can't figure this out.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Got that right!!

We gave up 20 points in 4 quarters. We scored 16 in as much time. That is completely unacceptable from the offense, and about to be expected in a solid defensive performance.Christ are you this stupid in ral life. They gave up 14 pts in the 4th quarterand blew ANOTHER late lead. THE DEFENSE IS NOT DOING ITS FUCKING JOB. Quit making excuses for them just so you can bash Rodgers.

And where the blame on the offense? IF the offense built a bigger lead, then the defensive collaspe wouldn't have mattered.

Teams are going to score points in 60 minutes. It's a fact of life. Our offense evidently does not agree with this :lol:

I want Vanilla Bob gone as much as anybody... but to blame the defense is dumb.

How can you give the offense a free pass when tehy scored one touchdown? The defense gave up TWO touchdowns. That is completely acceptable in my book.

If we had won 55-20, you would be talking about what a great game the O and D played.

But, since our offense is inept, the defense gets the blame for giving up 20 points over 60 minutes.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Got that right!!

P, you should start giving a shit about the last minute or even the last quarter. That's when these games are being lost. If you started to care about the end of games maybe you'd see things for what they are.

Over the course of the season, how many points have we given up in the 4th quarter? The 4th quarter IS more important than the first 3. It just is. That's crunch time. That's when it's time to put up or shut up.

There was an interesting stat they showed on TV before the game started today, and it said the Packers have scored more points in the 4th quarter than in any other quarter. That they were the highest scoring team in the 4th quarter in the entire NFL. When it comes to crunch time, the offense shows up. Now, I'll bet you can guess how the Packers rank defensively in the 4th quarter...

I find that very hard to believe. Look at offensive scoring, and not off a HUGE turnover by the D. I'd say maybe 3 points per 4th quarter off the top of my head.

I simply do not believe that. We are inept on offense, and cannot get it done.

dissident94
12-14-2008, 04:12 PM
since no one will answer my question

WE SCORED 3 POINTS IN THE 2ND HALF

BUT ANYONE CAN SEE THATS THE DEFENSES FAULT

dabootski
12-14-2008, 04:13 PM

i was just going to bring that up. pretty shocking statistic to see when you look back at how many games we have essentially lost in the 4th quarter.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 04:13 PM

Got that right!!

No shit the defense is scoring more in the 4th...

Look at how few points offensively we've scored in the 4th? Not many. Probably near the bottom of the league.

Without a doubt, we're a first half team.

Again, they just showed the stat on TV. The Packers are the top scoring team in the NFL in the 4th quarter. Go find a source that proves me and them wrong.

Fred's Slacks
12-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I agree that the offense needs to take a lot of the blame for this week but it falls on the short yardage execution and the ground game. We had at least 3 drives today were we had 3rd and short and couldn't convert. That's not on Rodgers. Give me a break with the excuse that they don't respect the deep pass. Rodgers has no problem hitting the deep pass as he showed again today. The passing game was solid. We kept gaining 9 yards on first down only to loose yards on second and third. The oline and RB need to convert those. That's why we didn't score in the second half.

Partial
What physical tools is he lacking? He is no Favre but infinately better than the Wrights, Dilwigs and Kiels we have had to trot out there pre-Brett. He is a 24 y/o first year starter with upside. We also have developmental talent behind him.

He has all the physical talent in the world.

He's surprisingly spry and athletic. He has a big time arm.

The first year starter bit is getting old. This is his 4th year, and he has now played an entire season. How many more games does he get a free pass?

Gunakor
I agree that the offense needs to take a lot of the blame for this week but it falls on the short yardage execution and the ground game. We had at least 3 drives today were we had 3rd and short and couldn't convert. That's not on Rodgers. Give me a break with the excuse that they don't respect the deep pass. Rodgers has no problem hitting the deep pass as he showed again today. The passing game was solid. We kept gaining 9 yards on first down only to loose yards on second and third. The oline and RB need to convert those. That's why we didn't score in the second half.

Excellent observation.

Brohm
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
He is a first yeasr starter. That is a fact. I did not call him a rookie and I don't think he is playing like one. Where did I give him a free pass? I didn't.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't put much blame on Rodgers personally. He is the QB of the O, and the leader, so he has to take some. The offense needs to get going, though, and start creating.

The offense is to blame for this one no doubt.

arcilite
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
What about all those 3rd and longs that we converted today because of Rodgers?

Only to not be able to convert when we ran the ball on 3rd and short?

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM

The first year starter bit is getting old. This is his 4th year, and he has now played an entire season. How many more games does he get a free pass?

How much game experience did Rodgers get sitting behind Ironman for 3 years? Do you honestly think a QB will become a veteran player by holding a clipboard?

The players on defense have been playing for more than one full season. How many more games do they get a free pass for giving up a winning score in the 4th quarter?

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Got that right!!

And where the blame on the offense? IF the offense built a bigger lead, then the defensive collaspe wouldn't have mattered.

Teams are going to score points in 60 minutes. It's a fact of life. Our offense evidently does not agree with this :lol:

How can you give the offense a free pass when tehy scored one touchdown? The defense gave up TWO touchdowns. That is completely acceptable in my book.

If we had won 55-20, you would be talking about what a great game the O and D played.

But, since our offense is inept, the defense gets the blame for giving up 20 points over 60 minutes.How can you not blame the defense? How many times does the defense have to surrender a 4th quarter lead until you take your head out of your ass and quit making excuses for them? Yeah the defefnse only gave up 2 touchdowns, BUT IN THE 4TH QUARTER WHEN THE GAME WAS ON THE LINE!. I hate to say it, but you truly are ignorant.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM

How much game experience did Rodgers get sitting behind Ironman for 3 years? Do you honestly think a QB will become a veteran player by holding a clipboard?

The players on defense have been playing for more than one full season. How many more games do they get a free pass for giving up a winning score in the 4th quarter?AMEN!

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Got that right!!

But, since our offense is inept, the defense gets the blame for giving up 20 points over 60 minutes.How can you not blame the defense? How many times does the defense have to surrender a 4th quarter lead until you take your head out of your ass and quit making excuses for them? Yeah the defefnse only gave up 2 touchdowns, BUT IN THE 4TH QUARTER WHEN THE GAME WAS ON THE LINE!. I hate to say it, but you truly are ignorant.

Because.. I don't expect the defense to hold the offense to one touchdown a game. That is completely unreasonable.

They gave up one touchdown in the 4th. Perhaps if the offense sustained a drive, they wouldn't have had so many opportunities at the end.

The defense doesn't get a free pass. They shouldn't have let them score then obviously. But, to blame them for giving up two touchdowns in a game is stupid.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:20 PM

The players on defense have been playing for more than one full season. How many more games do they get a free pass for giving up a winning score in the 4th quarter?

Yeah, I do. I think even a rookie playing 13 games is a vet.

Remember how much he struggled as a rookie and even a sophomore? Didn't he get a TON better since then? Are you telling me sitting for a few years and learning didn't turn him into a vet in terms of preparation, knowledge of the game, etc.

He now has the experience to complete his transformation into a vet.

Honestly, A-Rod probably is what he is. I don't think we'll see him getting a lot better, and while it is enough to lead a team with a ton of offensive talent to success, he's not a playmaker at the QB spot.

Defense doesn't get a free pass. They shouldn't have let them score. But, if the offense scored 21 points, which is not asking a lot by any stretch of the imagination, we win.

What if we were up 21-7 at the start of the 4th instead of 13-7. Those would have been garbage time touchdowns and a completely different story.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys think things through before you post.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 04:21 PM

Got that right!!

Because.. I don't expect the defense to hold the offense to one touchdown a game. That is completely unreasonable.

They gave up one touchdown in the 4th. Perhaps if the offense sustained a drive, they wouldn't have had so many opportunities at the end.

The defense doesn't get a free pass. They shouldn't have let them score then obviously. But, to blame them for giving up two touchdowns in a game is stupid.CHrist are you mentally retarded? You want to bash Rodgers so bad,m that you will exuce the defense no matter what they do? The Packers had a 9 pt lead in the 4TH QUARTER. IT IS NOT UNREASONABLE to expect the defense to make that hold up. In fact I expect the DEFNESE TO DO THEIR FUCKING JOB! YOu are aplling a double standad simply becuase of ARod. What a crock of shit.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Got that right!!

The defense doesn't get a free pass. They shouldn't have let them score then obviously. But, to blame them for giving up two touchdowns in a game is stupid.

I expect the defense to not give up any points in the 4th quarter if we have the lead. Yeah, I actually expect that from them. It's not unreasonable to expect our defense to do it's job when it matters. It's not like the offense hasn't scored any points in the 4th quarter this season...

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Per NFL.com we have scored 355 total points (before today) so add in the 16 and we have 371 points scored. Also per that site, 9 TDs have come from either defense or special teams. With the XPs that would make it 63 total points scored by def or ST. So that would make our total offensive scoring at 308 pts. Divide that by 14 games and we have scored an average of 22 ppg. This puts us around the 12-14 ranking (when taking out all def scores from the other teams as well)

Our defense has given up 319 pts after 13 games with 20 more today makes it 339 total points. However there has been 1 fumble ret for a TD so taking away 7 puts it at 332. Divide that by 14 games and the defense has given up an average of 23.7 ppg. This puts us around the 25-26 ranking when taking out all def scores against other teams also.

th87
12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Per NFL.com we have scored 355 total points (before today) so add in the 16 and we have 371 points scored. Also per that site, 9 TDs have come from either defense or special teams. With the XPs that would make it 63 total points scored by def or ST. So that would make our total offensive scoring at 308 pts. Divide that by 14 games and we have scored an average of 22 ppg. This puts us around the 12-14 ranking (when taking out all def scores from the other teams as well)

Our defense has given up 319 pts after 13 games with 20 more today makes it 339 total points. However there has been 1 fumble ret for a TD so taking away 7 puts it at 332. Divide that by 14 games and the defense has given up an average of 23.7 ppg. This puts us around the 25-26 ranking when taking out all def scores against other teams also.

And we're number 1 in scoring (or thereabouts) in the 4th quarter.

Partial proves he's an idiot over and over.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 04:37 PM

your the idiot for not getting ur facts straight... go and check again how many the OFFENSE has scored.... embarrassing.. Rodgers folds when the games on the line.. I'm gonna start calling him Shane Falco!

th87
12-14-2008, 04:42 PM

your the idiot for not getting ur facts straight... go and check again how many the OFFENSE has scored.... embarrassing.. Rodgers folds when the games on the line.. I'm gonna start calling him Shane Falco!

CC did check that, retard. I'm so sorry that God left you short on brains.

Bretsky

I have a hard time taking much stock in that

If somebody told us we were #25 in the first quarter would that mean we're unprepared coming out of the gate until we make our adjustments ?

As I noted before our both defenses today suck

If somebody told me before the game we'd only give up 20 I'd take that
If somebody told me before the game our O would only score 16 I'd have said we didn't play a good offense that game

Gunakor

The Green Bay Packers are the #1 scoring team in the NFL in the 4th quarter. It's a concrete stat, so look it up. He's right, and you are the one looking the fool for not checking your facts before posting.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 04:43 PM

CC did check that, retard. I'm so sorry that God left you short on brains.

please show me were he ranked our 4th qrt scoring and took out our defensive scores.. pleeaaaasee show me

th87
12-14-2008, 04:45 PM

If somebody told us we were #25 in the first quarter would that mean we're unprepared coming out of the gate until we make our adjustments ?

If somebody told me before the game our O would only score 16 I'd have said we didn't play a good offense that game

You're right the offense played badly this game. However, my point was to counter Partial-brain's suggestion that the Packers can't score in the 4th, and this mythical <20 offensive scoring figure.

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Let's face it... we are soft at o-line and d-line. We get beat up by more physical teams, the NFC champ. game proved that last year for crying out loud. This year even the offensive dregs are ripping us up in the 2nd half of the seaosn.

If we had someone other than Kampy getting to the QB that'd help immensely. If we had LBs that (overall) could move faster we'd be burn less.

Virtually all on that d-line have had a subpar year. O-line, Tausch will have to have 9 months min. of rehab, so he may or may not be ready for training camp. Moll is too inconsistent, that's inexcusable considering how long he's been here. Wells gets shoved around. Spitz, again too inconsistent. We can't get the length of the football for a first down? Inexcusable.

It's obvious we need help in the draft and FA:
1.) O line help
2.) D line help
3.) A physical LB with speed
4.) A VETERAN TE (how much of a difference would a Tony Gonzalez be this season?)

I hope Vanilla Bob has his bags packed, otherwise the Packers should FedEx them tomorrow to the destination of his choice for him.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM

If we're #25 in the first quarter that means the coaches aren't doing a tremendous job forming a gameplan going in. If we're #1 in the 4th quarter I'd say our coaches are doing a fantastic job making in game adjustments.

The offense shares a larger portion of the blame in this loss than in previous ones, to be sure. But the fact remains that we had a lead late in the 4th quarter and lost the game. Regardless of score, regardless of circumstance, I expect the defense to hold in that situation every single time. That's what I expect from our defense. Zero points given up in the final 5 minutes of a game, not all that unreasonable an expectation IMO. If our defense holds in the final 5 minutes of even half of our close losses this season, we are still tied with the Vikings for the division lead. That's where I stand on this whole thing...

Cheesehead Craig
12-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I saw that on FOX during the game today, they put up a stat that we were the top overall scoring team in the NFL in the 4th Q I'm sure they are adding in the 5 def TDs we have in the 4th. But I cannot find a quick link to that so I went through and added up the 4th Q pts for and against taking out all def scores just by a quick read of the box scores. This includes today's game.

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM

If we're #25 in the first quarter that means the coaches aren't doing a tremendous job forming a gameplan going in. If we're #1 in the 4th quarter I'd say our coaches are doing a fantastic job making in game adjustments.

The offense shares a larger portion of the blame in this loss than in previous ones, to be sure. But the fact remains that we had a lead late in the 4th quarter and lost the game. Regardless of score, regardless of circumstance, I expect the defense to hold in that situation every single time. That's what I expect from our defense. Zero points given up in the final 5 minutes of a game, not all that unreasonable an expectation IMO. If our defense holds in the final 5 minutes of even half of our close losses this season, we are still tied with the Vikings for the division lead. That's where I stand on this whole thing...

To be honest I just pulled that #25 out of my ass; it was just a point towards me not taking a ton of stock into the 4th quarter rating; the good teams that are ahead are often sitting on leads then instead of trying to aggressively score....well..........unless you are New England

Actually we pretty much have the same view on today.

With that being said against the Jags before the game I'd still take 20 pts given up by our defense in a second and figure the offense would score enough to win.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I saw that on FOX during the game today, they put up a stat that we were the top overall scoring team in the NFL in the 4th Q I'm sure they are adding in the 5 def TDs we have in the 4th. But I cannot find a quick link to that so I went through and added up the 4th Q pts for and against taking out all def scores just by a quick read of the box scores. This includes today's game.

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

so we're scoring just under a TD in the 4th and allowing just over a TD in the 4th on Avg.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 04:55 PM

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

so we're scoring just under a TD in the 4th and allowing just over a TD in the 4th on Avg.

Considering that we have the lead going into the 4th quarter nearly every week, that's very significant to the situation we find ourselves in now.

Brohm
12-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Let's face it... we are soft at o-line and d-line. We get beat up by more physical teams, the NFC champ. game proved that last year for crying out loud. This year even the offensive dregs are ripping us up in the 2nd half of the seaosn.

If we had someone other than Kampy getting to the QB that'd help immensely. If we had LBs that (overall) could move faster we'd be burn less.

Virtually all on that d-line have had a subpar year. O-line, Tausch will have to have 9 months min. of rehab, so he may or may not be ready for training camp. Moll is too inconsistent, that's inexcusable considering how long he's been here. Wells gets shoved around. Spitz, again too inconsistent. We can't get the length of the football for a first down? Inexcusable.

It's obvious we need help in the draft and FA:
1.) O line help
2.) D line help
3.) A physical LB with speed
4.) A VETERAN TE (how much of a difference would a Tony Gonzalez be this season?)

I hope Vanilla Bob has his bags packed, otherwise the Packers should FedEx them tomorrow to the destination of his choice for him.

I'm for giving Moll the benefit of the doubt. he has been asked to play multiple positions since he came on board. He came in and started as a rookie with only 1 college season as a tackle. Hell he stoned Merriman in his first preseason start. I think he'll improve as he gets locked in at one position and can play regularly. I think Spitz should be moved to center permanently. It's one of those situations (sometimes dictated by injuries) where you ask someone to do multiple things: they may do them all okay but none of them great.

The D needs new blood from coaching on down and MM needs to stop thinking he is the smartest man on the field and stick what will definately get the job done.

If Stock had any role in the puning debacle he should be canned else I'm for canning him soley on the ST play.

I don't think Gonzo would had that big of an impact given the quality WR we had. Some impact yes, but we need a stalwart D and a running game.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

Considering that we have the lead going into the 4th quarter nearly every week, that's very significant to the situation we find ourselves in now.

ya its blame on both IMO. Our D, even though its really banged up with injuries should not be giving up the lead each week with about 5 mins left in the game.. but our offense is also been really shitty when it matters as well.. they need to get the damn ball in the endzone and win a game for once

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
If we win half of these close games, we are at 8-6 and still in it.

Neither side of the ball was brilliant today, that's obvious. But for the THIRD STRAIGHT WEEK our ST and/or D had a team that needed to come from behind late... and failed.

When it comes down to it, the D's job is make a stop, period. Especially against an offensively challenged team like Jax.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 04:59 PM

Neither side of the ball was brilliant today, that's obvious. But for the THIRD STRAIGHT WEEK our ST and/or D had a team that needed to come from behind late... and failed.

When it comes down to it, the D's job is make a stop, period. Especially against an offensively challenged team like Jax.

but its not on the fault of the offense with all that talent they have to not score more against the 24th ranked D?.... makes sense ha

th87
12-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Quick points:

1. The offense has scored 94 points in the 4th.
2. The defense has scored 35.
3. PacoPete is a societal liability.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Quick points:

3. th87 is a societal liability.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Quick points:

3. PacoPete is a societal liability.I have been trying to warn the forum about 3. Nice to see people beginning to realize it.

th87
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Quick points:

Poor kid.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Quick points:

hehe that was a good one.

th87
12-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Quick points:

3. PacoPete is a societal liability.I have been trying to warn the forum about 3. Nice to see people beginning to realize it.

He's like the Rasputin of trolls. Doesn't seem to disappear.

Trolling is really a function of low self-esteem. A need for attention at all costs. Another feels the need to broadcast his facebook status. How can we help them out?

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Quick points:

3. th87 is a societal liability.How original. DId you come up with that retort all by yourself? And at only 3 years of age. Boy, you must make your mom very proud.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Quick points:

Trolling is really a function of low self-esteem. A need for attention at all costs. How can we help him?I don't think you can help the helpless.

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 05:08 PM

but its not on the fault of the offense with all that talent they have to not score more against the 24th ranked D?.... makes sense ha

No doubt, all the red zone trips should have netted more TDs. Add a Ryan Grant TD because of a drop and you've got another TD. Moll keeps his block and avoids ARod getting hit to fumble, you could see another TD.

I said it here earlier, we ARE SOFT on BOTH lines. If you can't get first down on 4th and length of the football, your o-line is as soft as Velveeta.

That being said you have a D that has the Texans at their own 2 and the Jags inside their own 30, neither meltdown should've happened.

This team has to have players that impose their will on another team. Right now, we don't have that on either side of the line. If an o-line is doing it's job run blocking, the other D is gassed and demoralized toward the end of the game. If a D-line is doing it's job the opposing QB would have his head on a swivel and can be forced into a panic mistake.

th87
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Quick points:

Trolling is really a function of low self-esteem. A need for attention at all costs. How can we help him?I don't think you can help the helpless.

The world is so unjust. I'm sorry Paco's gotten the shaft.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Quick points:

The world is so unjust. I'm sorry Paco's gotten the shaft.Well it's not his fault his mother didn't consider abortion.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 05:21 PM

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

ya its blame on both IMO. Our D, even though its really banged up with injuries should not be giving up the lead each week with about 5 mins left in the game.. but our offense is also been really shitty when it matters as well.. they need to get the damn ball in the endzone and win a game for once

When it matters = the 4th quarter. Green Bay is the highest scoring 4th quarter team in the NFL. Look it up. Green Bay's offense hasn't imploded in the 4th quarter. To say the offense generally hasn't gotten the job done with the game on the line is ludicrous.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

When it matters = the 4th quarter. Green Bay is the highest scoring 4th quarter team in the NFL. Look it up. Green Bay's offense hasn't imploded in the 4th quarter. To say the offense generally hasn't gotten the job done with the game on the line is ludicrous.

we did look it up... on average the packers OFFENSE is scoring just under 7 points a game in the 4th qrt and the defense is allowing about 8 points in the 4th qrt...

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Well it's not his fault his mother didn't consider abortion.

OK, knock this bullshit off, will ya? Question the argument of the person and leave at that for crying out loud.

Get your head out of your anal cavity before you click "Submit' on some of these posts.

I vehemently disagree with Pacopete and others on their arguments or logic toward the argument. But for once, can you bury the frickin' vitriol??

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 05:41 PM

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

we did look it up... on average the packers OFFENSE is scoring just under 7 points a game in the 4th qrt and the defense is allowing about 8 points in the 4th qrt...

Green Bay total points scored in the 4th quarter of games this year vs. other team's total points scored in the 4th quarter of games this year.

Green Bay is #1 heading into this week. I have no idea obviously where they stand after this week's games, but coming into the game they had scored more total points than anyone else in the league. That is a fact. So if you divide total points scored by the number of games played, Green Bay is averaging more per game in the 4th than any other team in the NFL. That too is a fact. If you see somewhere that proves me, other Rats here, and Fox Sports wrong... link it already so I know you aren't just pulling stats out of your ass that fit your opinion.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM

Pts scored - 95
Pts given up - 122

Green Bay total points scored in the 4th quarter of games this year vs. other team's total points scored in the 4th quarter of games this year.

Green Bay is #1 heading into this week. I have no idea obviously where they stand after this week's games, but coming into the game they had scored more total points than anyone else in the league. That is a fact. So if you divide total points scored by the number of games played, Green Bay is averaging more per game in the 4th than any other team in the NFL. That too is a fact. If you see somewhere that proves me, other Rats here, and Fox Sports wrong... link it already so I know you aren't just pulling stats out of your ass that fit your opinion.

You're adding in what our defense has scored for our offense. Thats the point I'm trying to get through to you! Take out the defensive scores and our 4th quarter offense is not very good this season.

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 06:32 PM
No doubt, all the red zone trips should have netted more TDs. Add a Ryan Grant TD because of a drop and you've got another TD. Moll keeps his block and avoids ARod getting hit to fumble, you could see another TD.

I said it here earlier, we ARE SOFT on BOTH lines. If you can't get first down on 4th and length of the football, your o-line is as soft as Velveeta.

That being said you have a D that has the Texans at their own 2 and the Jags inside their own 30, neither meltdown should've happened.

This team has to have players that impose their will on another team. Right now, we don't have that on either side of the line. If an o-line is doing it's job run blocking, the other D is gassed and demoralized toward the end of the game. If a D-line is doing it's job the opposing QB would have his head on a swivel and can be forced into a panic mistake.

:bclap: :bclap:

Gunakor, you and I are thinking a lot alike lately...

esoxx
12-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Leading in points scored during the 4th quarter is typically not a stat to be celebrated. This usually means the team is behind and playing catch up, often times with the opponent's D in prevent defense.
Teams with a decent lead in the 4th aren't interested in piling up more points as much as keeping clock running and shortening the game.
Plus, since they've been abysmal in trying to put together a game winning score, the stat is further meaningless.
The only stat I care about is this: 5-9

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Leading in points scored during the 4th quarter is typically not a stat to be celebrated. This usually means the team is behind and playing catch up, often times with the opponent's D in prevent defense.
Teams with a decent lead in the 4th aren't interested in piling up more points as much as keeping clock running and shortening the game.
Plus, since they've been abysmal in trying to put together a game winning score, the stat is further meaningless.

But leading in 2 of the last 3 weeks (and tied in another) and failing in all 3 times should be something to be concerned with...

We have ANY sort of d-line presence outside of Kampman and any sort of consistent o-line blocking we are still in the playoff hunt. (and I'm not counting the dumbfounding coaching calls MM has made in the clutch)

MateoInMex
12-14-2008, 09:22 PM
How come ALL of the on field reporters are so hot ? Hello Clarissa

It's a pre-requisite for the job.

Unless your Hannah Storm or Suzie Kolber.
Nothin' wrong with either of them! :hrt:

Now, of course, you're entitled to their opinion, but I think both are much hotter than Tony Siragusa. :P

Well, I have cut back significantly since July 17, but tonight...as much beer as I'm looking to throw back...Hanna and Suzie wouldn't be half bad...and you're right...I wouldn't want to snuggle with Tony Siragusa. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM

DITTO