View Full Version : welcome to a losing season

red
12-14-2008, 03:03 PM
the best we can now finish this year is now 7-9

horrible year. after what we did last season, this was completely unacceptable

time to clean house IMO

Brohm
12-14-2008, 03:10 PM
The way things have played out this season, yes some people need to be replaced. They can start Monday.

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Losing at home in December to a Florida team. Losing at home in December period. The way things have played out this season, yes some people need to be replaced. They can start Monday. I'd completely agree with you except they played in Jax.

They'll have to fly home to clean out their offices...

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 03:15 PM
sub .500 sucks

pittstang5
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
WHY can they not finish. Why are these games so close till the end and as soon as the packers get a lead....THEY LOSE IT!!!!!

Partial
12-14-2008, 03:30 PM
sub .500 sucks

Especially given the talent on this team. This is completely unacceptable.

I predict we lose to the lions.

red
12-14-2008, 03:36 PM
sub .500 sucks

i have a bad felling about that

we quit trying weeks ago during the queens game. that combined with a lions team trying not to go 0-16 and we'll probably have our hands full. hell, we might get blown out

pittstang5
12-14-2008, 03:39 PM
sub .500 sucks

i have a bad felling about that

we quit trying weeks ago during the queens game. that combined with a lions team trying not to go 0-16 and we'll probably have our hands full. hell, we might get blown out

The way this team is playing, no way do they even come close to beating the Lions. Honestly, now I hope they lose out the rest of the way....better draft pick.

BF4MVP
12-14-2008, 03:43 PM
sub .500 sucks
Nice post, I agree.

Brohm
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Losing at home in December to a Florida team. Losing at home in December period. The way things have played out this season, yes some people need to be replaced. They can start Monday. I'd completely agree with you except they played in Jax.

:oops: Was (am) half-bagged, fixed

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 04:31 PM

:oops: Was (am) half-bagged, fixedThank you for your honesty. :)

]{ilr]3
12-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Winning Season or Losing season? I could really care less if we are above or over .500!

Anytime they dont make the playoff is a losing season to me!

GBRulz
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
2nd losing season since 1992.

What hurts is that it's the 2nd losing season in four years, both under TT & M3. It's no secret that I'm not TT's biggest fan, but something has got to change this off-season. Whether it be coaching changes (Vanilla Bob) or becoming more aggressive in FA, actually drafting for need vs. BPA, etc.

When many of us predicted this season, I said 7-9. The sad thing is, it seems far too generous at this point. This team really sucks on both sides of the ball. No one person is to blame, there is certainly plenty to go around.

GBRulz
12-14-2008, 04:59 PM
sub .500 sucks

Especially after a 13-3 season and a game away from the SB. I didn't think we would be that good this year, but I didn't think we would be this bad, either.

]{ilr]3
12-14-2008, 05:01 PM
2nd losing season since 1992.

What hurts is that it's the 2nd losing season in four years, both under TT & M3. It's no secret that I'm not TT's biggest fan, but something has got to change this off-season. Whether it be coaching changes (Vanilla Bob) or becoming more aggressive in FA, actually drafting for need vs. BPA, etc.

When many of us predicted this season, I said 7-9. The sad thing is, it seems far too generous at this point. This team really sucks on both sides of the ball. No one person is to blame, there is certainly plenty to go around.

I still think this team is on the brink of greatness. 2 years ago they could have won 10 games instead of 4. Last year was the same way except we won 13 instead of 7 close games. This year is no different, one or 2 more positive plays per game and we would be +9 wins. We really dont suck, there are some holes, but they can be filled. Most the pieces are in place.

Brohm
12-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Definatley disappointed this season. But...

High draft picks in the upcoming draft.

Flush with cash.

Injury-filled underperforming season.

A year starting under Rodgers belt.

Next year is a reboud! SB or bust!!

DOn't burst my bubble!! :shock:

red
12-14-2008, 05:11 PM

Flush with cash.

but TT as our GM

Spaulding
12-14-2008, 05:12 PM

Flush with cash.

On paper certainly sounds possible and I have to say being a glass half full kind of guy I'm with you on that. Just need to see a change on the defensive side of the ball (i.e. Sanders and possibly Shottenheimer) to make me a full believer. Wouldn't mind seeing the ZBS go as well. Three plays to make one yard and we can't do it - SAD.

cpk1994
12-14-2008, 05:16 PM

Flush with cash.

On paper certainly sounds possible and I have to say being a glass half full kind of guy I'm with you on that. Just need to see a change on the defensive side of the ball (i.e. Sanders and possibly Shottenheimer) to make me a full believer. Wouldn't mind seeing the ZBS go as well. Three plays to make one yard and we can't do it - SAD.The secondary has been the only thing good about the D this year amazingly You had more of a reason to get rid of Schottenheimer last year. I think he stays.

Jimx29
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
seems like the winning record train has left the station. you're either on or you're not......

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:18 PM
seems like the winning record train has left the station. you're either on or you're not......

You think Favre's happy he never bought that ticket to loserville, USA aka Green Bay, Wisconsin.... Welcome to the 70's and 80's folks!

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 05:31 PM

You think Favre's happy he never bought that ticket to loserville, USA aka Green Bay, Wisconsin.... Welcome to the 70's and 80's folks!

If you don't want the personal attacks then don't act like an asshole when you post info ......such as above

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:32 PM

If you don't want the personal attacks then don't act like an asshole when you post info ......such as above

why cant u people just understand we suck and not take it so harsh? I mean does it hurt ur feelings that I point out how really bad our team is>?

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 05:38 PM

why cant u people just understand we suck and not take it so harsh? I mean does it hurt ur feelings that I point out how really bad our team is>?

it's not what you say; it's how you say it. I doubt you understand what I'm writing

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I mean does it hurt ur feelings that I point out how really bad our team is>?

No, I'm a big boy. But when we have 3 CONSECUTIVE defensive meltdowns, I point it more on the D, not at the QB.

Favre has something that Rodgers has not had the 2nd half of the season, a defense that is making plays in the clutch.

The D did it the first 5-6 games, after that nearly non-existent. Saints exposed the pass D and everyone else has been able to torch it.

Last season, we had a D that kept Denver out of the endzone to force only a FG and OT. If the D did the folding chair routine like this year's squad, Favre's heroics never happen.

It's obvious, YES, Favre won games due to his ability to make plays. But realize, to a much lesser extent, he had his share of blame for causing losses in key playoff games.

Favre is a once in a generation type of QB, no doubt. But he is at the point in his career he needs more support around him. With that O-line and the way their D is playing, they could go far.

This season, NO ONE, even Favre would have overcome this type of O and D line ineptitude in Green Bay. They did what they had to last year. This year they did not. Essentially with the same pieces, I might add.

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 05:54 PM

No, I'm a big boy. But when we have 3 CONSECUTIVE defensive meltdowns, I point it more on the D, not at the QB.

Favre has something that Rodgers has not had the 2nd half of the season, a defense that is making plays in the clutch.

The D did it the first 5-6 games, after that nearly non-existent. Saints exposed the pass D and everyone else has been able to torch it.

Last season, we had a D that kept Denver out of the endzone to force only a FG and OT. If the D did the folding chair routine like this year's squad, Favre's heroics never happen.

It's obvious, YES, Favre won games due to his ability to make plays. But realize, to a much lesser extent, he had his share of blame for causing losses in key playoff games.

Favre is a once in a generation type of QB, no doubt. But he is at the point in his career he needs more support around him. With that O-line and the way their D is playing, they could go far.

This season, NO ONE, even Favre would have overcome this type of O and D line ineptitude in Green Bay. They did what they had to last year. This year they did not. Essentially with the same pieces, I might add.

can u show me one post I've made tonight thats said anything about Rodgers? I hate TT with a passion and just because I'm looking to be right on about him... doesnt mean u need to get ur panties in a bunch about it... I haven't even made a Favre comment other than in the actual Favre thread....

Rastak
12-14-2008, 05:55 PM

can u show me one post I've made tonight thats said anything about Rodgers? I hate TT with a passion and just because I'm looking to be right on about him... doesnt mean u need to get ur panties in a bunch about it... I haven't even made a Favre comment other than in the actual Favre thread....

No offense but you aren't texting some school kids. Can you post complete sentences?

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Obviously Paco has some keys on the keyboard that don't work.

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM

I am appreciative of your concern for my underwear situation....:oops:

I am just tired of your habitual oversight of the defensive falterings.

The D-line and O-line got it done last year, right? The only real loss we have had on the lines was Corey Williams (who took plays off last year) and KGB (who got shoved around last year and couldn't play this year). That being said, they have underperformed. If you get no pass rush, telegraph your blitzes and play zone instead of man to man (which was working most times), you go nowhere.

The o-line used to open holes to get the run game going last half of the season. This year, the run blocking stinks, save the Bears game. The o-line is saved on a lot of pass plays due to A-Rod's mobility.

TT isn't the villain a lot of people make him out to be. He IS one (and only one) of the reasons the Packers got to 13-3 and the NFC Champ. game last year. That being said, TT has a short leash for next season. If he doesn't deliver some FA help and immediate draft impact help, he should be gone. MM as well.

McCarthy's playcalling this season (and going back to the NFC champ game) has to be questioned. The idiotic FB dives have got to be scrapped for all time with this squad.

BallHawk
12-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Obviously Paco has some keys on the keyboard that don't work.

Same thing goes for the brain cells in his head.