PDA

View Full Version : It's Time to Put Some Feelers Out

mr_blonde
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
.... for hiring Bill Cowher.

I've got a feeling he would be interested coaching in Green Bay ... if anything, just for the nostalgia and history.

Last I heard, he has no intention of coaching next year but in a couple of years he will be coaching again. If we can grab him now, then fire McCarthy and staff.

I am extremely disappointed with McCarthy and the entire coaching staff. They really have taken a giant step backwards. I could go on and on about the mistakes in judgment in today's game and previous close losses. It's really getting old.

If Ted Thompson wants to save his ass, he will go out and get a proven winner (Cowher). I just feel that while the Packers may go out and improve their personnel in the off-season, McCarthy is plain over his head as a NFL head coach.

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh christ get this guy the fuck outta here. Isn't this the guy from JSO?

arcilite
12-14-2008, 04:07 PM
I dont want Cowher.

Besides, he would never come to GB, he would want authority over roster moves

Bretsky
12-14-2008, 04:07 PM

no reason for this Partial

red
12-14-2008, 04:12 PM

give it to him

Partial
12-14-2008, 04:14 PM

This is the hacker guy.

arcilite
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM

give it to him

hell no.

he has been out of football for 2 years.

he wont have any of his old asisstants (Lebaeu, Grimm)

red
12-14-2008, 04:17 PM
don't care

it would mean tt is gone

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
don't care

it would mean tt is gone

wait.. I thought he was a good GM hehe... that fuckin snake fooled us again!

dissident94
12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Why would we want a porven winner who gets his players to play hard and strong. That would be crazy.

]{ilr]3
12-14-2008, 04:57 PM
MM still needs his shot. 2 years and to the street would be stupid on the packer part.

But I really think its time to bring in anouther DC. Sanders sucks. ST Coach should be beaten and left for dead in Jax.

red
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
{ilr]3]MM still needs his shot. 2 years and to the street would be stupid on the packer part.

But I really think its time to bring in anouther DC. Sanders sucks. ST Coach should be beaten and left for dead in Jax.

ray rhodes got 1 year. and he had less losing seasons then M3 has now had

oh wait, ray only got a one year shot because he's black

when you realise you have a loser you need to get rid of him ASAP. M3 can't adjust during games, can't make changes between games, and has lost the team at this point

red
12-14-2008, 05:07 PM
now, what happens is we get a new DC after this season. and then next year m3 gets the boot

then we would get a new HC that would want his own DC

then we would have like 7 dc's in the last 8 years or whatever it is

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 05:16 PM

Good God, spare me that racial drivel. Rhodes had players taking cell calls during team meetings and all other sorts of crap.

M3 has regressed, no doubt, this season. He'll be given one more year. His dedication to the ZBS is flawed, at best. It worked last year in the 2nd half of the season. But overall it hasn't worked enough.

Football is physical. He talks about wanting a physical football team. Well, his o-line and d-line isn't physical.

One year and no playoffs should mean his and TT's ouster.

red
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
that part was a bit of a joke

Spaulding
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
{ilr]3]MM still needs his shot. 2 years and to the street would be stupid on the packer part.

when you realise you have a loser you need to get rid of him ASAP. M3 can't adjust during games, can't make changes between games, and has lost the team at this point

Big difference. Rhodes inherited a talent laden team from Holmgren and flat out underachieved. McCarthy started out with little after Sherman sucked the roster dry and overachieved last year. I agree a losing season this year isn't tolerable but I have complete faith race played no part in the this.

Changes do need to happen though and I'd say on the defensive side of the ball. Sanders and/or Shottenheimer as well as the ZBS on the offensive side as it's well, plainly offensive in nature. When you can't gain a yard you get coal in your stocking.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 05:47 PM

Rhodes got canned because he inherited a Super Bowl caliber roster that he finished .500 with. Don't forget that MIKE SHERMAN came in and took this team to the playoffs the following season. Rhodes was a horrible joke as a HC.

dissident94
12-14-2008, 07:22 PM
A couple mistakes going on here

this is McCarthy's third year. Not 2

8-8
13-3
6-10

Not great, but he ison a short leash next year.

And We didn't go to the playoffs first year under Shermy. We were 5-7 N Won our last 4 games and missed the playoffs even going 9-7

Guiness
12-14-2008, 07:32 PM

Um, except that IS the nomicker of a real trouble maker from JSO - I hope it's just a coincidence...course, even if it isn't, the paper cracker who runs this board, despite taking more abuse than a pendejo, has kept it admirably secure.

MateoInMex
12-14-2008, 09:26 PM

Rhodes got canned because he inherited a Super Bowl caliber roster that he finished .500 with. Don't forget that MIKE SHERMAN came in and took this team to the playoffs the following season. Rhodes was a horrible joke as a HC.

So was Mike Sherman. I like Mike McCarthy, still. But this offseason, there ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE MOVES MADE IN FREE AGENCY TO GIVE A VETERAN LEADERSHIP PRESENCE ON THIS TEAM!

Numbers may not tell the big drop-off at QB, but A-Rod hasn't gotten anything done in the clutch, and whether or not Favre was a "rah-rah" leader, it's hard for me to believe that a Favre QB'd team loses 6 fucking games by less than 5 points! That's pathetic! Maybe 6 games in a 162-baseball season, where a team loses 1 run games after the 7th inning. But 6 games in a 16 week season, GMAFB!

The defensive line is awful, and I'd like to see a couple vet OLinemen..Tony Moll and Colledge...those guys are gonna get the franchise injured! And I don't know about you guyz, but I can't stomach a Packer team led by Brian Brohm or Matt Flynn next year.

Ted Thompson is 30-32 so far as GM...just throwin' that out there. If you offset his first 4-12 season with 13-3, he's still below average...

Merlin
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
McCarthy will be on a short leash next season, Thompson won't be on a short leash until at least 2010. Which is sad because the NFL is about winning. Obviously we need to rebuild from our rebuild. Cowher isn't the answer and as far as signing veteran leadership, that won't happen under Thompson's watch. We aren't 1 or 2 players away from the Super Bowl, we are several players. I sure hope they are all in the 2009 draft because that's the only way we will get them.

Gunakor
12-14-2008, 11:18 PM
McCarthy will be on a short leash next season, Thompson won't be on a short leash until at least 2010. Which is sad because the NFL is about winning. Obviously we need to rebuild from our rebuild. Cowher isn't the answer and as far as signing veteran leadership, that won't happen under Thompson's watch. We aren't 1 or 2 players away from the Super Bowl, we are several players. I sure hope they are all in the 2009 draft because that's the only way we will get them.

We never finished rebuilding yet. We've rebuilt the offense to an extent, although we still need to replace the tackles. We haven't spent nearly as much time on the defense, and much of what we have done hasn't worked out. So we are still rebuilding.

What, you thought when Brett was traded that meant we were completely done?

Pacopete4
12-14-2008, 11:28 PM

We never finished rebuilding yet. We've rebuilt the offense to an extent, although we still need to replace the tackles. We haven't spent nearly as much time on the defense, and much of what we have done hasn't worked out. So we are still rebuilding.

What, you thought when Brett was traded that meant we were completely done?

I sure woulda hoped so...

Partial
12-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Dude, we're not rebuilding. That is crazy talk. You don't rebuild for 4 years. Teddy will be on his 5th draft. It's not rebuilding if its a consistent pattern. It's just building.

The Leaper
12-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm willing to give McCarthy another year...but I suspect he is showing his true colors this season. He's supposedly an offensive genius, but the offense really hasn't lived up to the talent. His coaching staff is subpar. MM is going to have to make some difficult adjustments and then see it through next season and put a winner on the field, or he'll be gone after 2009.

prsnfoto
12-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm willing to give McCarthy another year...but I suspect he is showing his true colors this season. He's supposedly an offensive genius, but the offense really hasn't lived up to the talent. His coaching staff is subpar. MM is going to have to make some difficult adjustments and then see it through next season and put a winner on the field, or he'll be gone after 2009.

I agree with this but TT has not given him the level of talent some blind followers think he has, they are horrible in the trenches and that falls on the GM he has to go TOO.

Fritz
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
No, perhaps this team is not as talented as many people thought. I would argue, though, that this team has, even accounting for the injuries, enough talent to win at least 8 games. And they won't do that. Therefore, the coaching must be called into question.

I'm not saying fire the guy - I think he certainly deserves another year. But they need to play a cleaner game than they do now.

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
No, perhaps this team is not as talented as many people thought. I would argue, though, that this team has, even accounting for the injuries, enough talent to win at least 8 games. And they won't do that. Therefore, the coaching must be called into question.

I'm not saying fire the guy - I think he certainly deserves another year. But they need to play a cleaner game than they do now.That is why McCarthy needs to make big changes to his assistants. Sanders and Stock need to be the first to be given one way tickets out of GB on the first available Greyhound.

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM

Rhodes got canned because he inherited a Super Bowl caliber roster that he finished .500 with. Don't forget that MIKE SHERMAN came in and took this team to the playoffs the following season. Rhodes was a horrible joke as a HC.No Mike Sherman did not. Sherman finished 9-7 his first year missing the playoffs despite winning the last 4 games of the year over all 4 division rivals. Sherman didn't make the playoffs until his second season.