PDA

View Full Version : Dream offseason scenario!!

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 06:13 PM
1 - Sign Albert Haynesworth
2 - Draft DE Everette Brown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE
3 - Infuse talent accross the roster with the rest of the draft
4 - Extend Kampman, Jennings, Collins, Colledge, Spitz and Jolly

Jenkins/Everette Brown/Jeremy Thompson
Hayensworth/Jolly
Pickett/Harrell (hopefully has good offseason or work)
Kampman/Jeremy Thompson/Everette Brown

You think our defense would be a little better with this DL?

red
12-14-2008, 06:15 PM
my dream would be signing peppers and drafting mt.cody

Freak Out
12-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Did you spell that wrong on purpose?

Rastak
12-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Trust me, I am usually not a spelling nazi but you sorta butchered that.

It's scenario.

digitaldean
12-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Must have had some cryptic meaning behind that title....

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 06:23 PM

haha, no. I spell like a tard :)

Rastak
12-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Haynesworth per PFT.com severely sprained his knee.....sounds like it's not his ACL so we'll see.

packrat
12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey, if Hanesworth is damaged goods he's TT's kind of guy! My dream scenario sees some upgrade of DC and special teams coach, too. Maybe Bum Pkillips on D since he is TT's buddy?

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Check out Everette Brown through that link. Here's what I like:

1. He sets everything up with a dominate speed rush. Watch him close. It's fantastic how quickly he makes up ground. We're not looking at Michael Vick behind center here, but when he chases these guys don't even have a chance to throw it away. He is fuckin fast.

It's not just his speed though. He has a knack with leverage. He gets low and uses his hands to pry a shorter route to the QB. He doesn't just run past the QB.

2. He has several counter moves and uses his hands well. At one point he started hard up field stuttered, went hard up field again and instead of going around the OT he just through his arm out and tossed the OT on his ass Reggie White style. Obviously he set it up with his speed, but it shows his strength and good use of leverage to toss a 300 lb guy on his ass.

3. He also mixes in a good inside counter move as well as in inside spin move. Both of them make his speed rush that much more unstoppable.

At the end of the day, I think this guy is a dominate pass rusher. He's not huge but he's not much smaller than Kampman right now. In the NFL he'll add 10 lbs and be right in the Osi, Kamp, Strahan weight range. More than enough to play DE in a 4-3.

gbgary
12-14-2008, 06:55 PM

Hayensworth/Jolly

i like all of that. are there any speedy, pass-covering line backers out there in the draft?

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm a big Cody fan too. He and Everette Brown are the two DL guys I like the most.

There is also an OT, Eugene Monroe, that's being talked about near our pick. Offensive lineman are never sexy picks but if we replaced both Wells and Clifton in one off season our run game could really take off. I'll be OK with a star player at pretty much any position (cept WR or QB) but man, this team is getting to the point where one area is standing out much more than the others. Hopefully need and best player can meet in a way that gives us best of both.

ThunderDan
12-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm a big Cody fan too. He and Everette Brown are the two DL guys I like the most.

There is also an OT, Eugene Monroe, that's being talked about near our pick. Offensive lineman are never sexy picks but if we replaced both Wells and Clifton in one off season our run game could really take off. I'll be OK with a star player at pretty much any position (cept WR or QB) but man, this team is getting to the point where one area is standing out much more than the others. Hopefully need and best player can meet in a way that gives us best of both.

I thought Cody was going back for his senior year.

The Leaper
12-14-2008, 07:13 PM
My dream is that every coach pertaining to special teams or defense gets a pink slip.

Partial
12-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Check out Everette Brown through that link. Here's what I like:

1. He sets everything up with a dominate speed rush. Watch him close. It's fantastic how quickly he makes up ground. We're not looking at Michael Vick behind center here, but when he chases these guys don't even have a chance to throw it away. He is fuckin fast.

It's not just his speed though. He has a knack with leverage. He gets low and uses his hands to pry a shorter route to the QB. He doesn't just run past the QB.

2. He has several counter moves and uses his hands well. At one point he started hard up field stuttered, went hard up field again and instead of going around the OT he just through his arm out and tossed the OT on his ass Reggie White style. Obviously he set it up with his speed, but it shows his strength and good use of leverage to toss a 300 lb guy on his ass.

3. He also mixes in a good inside counter move as well as in inside spin move. Both of them make his speed rush that much more unstoppable.

At the end of the day, I think this guy is a dominate pass rusher. He's not huge but he's not much smaller than Kampman right now. In the NFL he'll add 10 lbs and be right in the Osi, Kamp, Strahan weight range. More than enough to play DE in a 4-3.

Jamal Reynolds was a good college player too.

James Hardy was your guy last year and he is lighting it up with 10 receptions and about 100 yards!!

You were also a big time Vernon Davis fan.

Steer clear of this guy!

Freak Out
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM

haha, no. I spell like a tard :)

Just messing with ya Harrell... :lol: We knew what you meant but the spelling nerd came out in all of us.

pbmax
12-14-2008, 07:43 PM
I hope Kampman comes in at below top DE dollar, because he has been going nowhere slowly this year. Its been all Barnett hustle after the ball has passed him by.

retailguy
12-14-2008, 07:58 PM

Hayensworth/Jolly

Hey Justin!

Do you suppose that we could get a well-formulated apology out of you for the Ted love we've endured over the past two years?

You know, about the part about how signing "big money" free agents is a waste of time, and not the "proper" way to build a team? How Ted was doing it "right" using exclusively the draft (or almost exclusively)....

You've kind of backed off the "man love" for the old white haired boy lately, and have seemingly crashed back to earth.

If you've addressed this already, I've missed it. Kindly point me in the direction because I'm curious what has motivated the "sudden" change.

thank you.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Sen'Derrick Marks the DT for Auburn is who i'd want if he decides to come out. He's not the big land mammal that Cody is, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Cody's biggest knock is taking plays off, Marks has a motor that wont quit. Marks would provide the Pack with a much needed inside pass rush, which ever since Williams' departure the Pack have sorely missed.

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
RG,

This is judgment time for TT in my opinion. I still think things are going in the right direction. Now is time for TT to extend a bunch of the players whos contracts are expiring and let this team grow from a young team with potential to a team that is loaded with talent and ready to win today.

The base has been layed. Now it's time to have it come to fruition. If it doesn't take off next year and over the next few years I'll come out and say I was dead wrong. I didn't expect it to be so good last year and didn't expect it to be great this year either. The next couple years is the window in my opinion.

retailguy
12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Justin,

Most of that is fair and I agree. It is well documented that I didn't believe we'd be very good last year. I also didn't think we'd do great this year. But I thought the team we saw in the 1st 6 weeks would steadily improve over the last part of the season. It's been the opposite.

Our window should be longer than 2 years with all these young players, but I think the luster is off the "genius" label.

Ted's a great talent evaluator, but has some serious learning to do. Hopefully he's paying attention.

I'll remind you of this again, you know.... :wink:

RashanGary
12-14-2008, 08:19 PM
For the record, I'm disappointed in how he handled the DL. Harrell was a bad pick to date. Corey Williams was a valuable player and we lost him. The KGB and Jenkins injuries aren't really his fault but they hurt us badly too.

Now is time to find out if he can fix the problem. He's done well to fix many of the problems that were here when he got here, but now he has to show that he can fix a problem that he is mostly responsible for creating. It's time to find out how much he believes in a strong defensive line.

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Steer clear of this guy!

Considering the source, I find this post extremely funny.

Partial
12-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Steer clear of this guy!

Har.

Zool
12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Steer clear of this guy!

Har.

Harv has a point, no?

Partial
12-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Steer clear of this guy!

Har.

Harv has a point, no?

I don't get it if he does.

LL2
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Have we locked up a top 10 pick yet? This team isn't a bad team..it needs better coaching on D and ST. Pick up a couple impact players and the Pack could very well win 10-12 games next year. Look at how fast the Dolphins have turned around.

mission
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
[quote=Partial]Steer clear of this guy!

Considering the source, I find this post extremely

Har.

Harv has a point, no?

I don't get it if he does.

Ignorance is bliss, innit?

red
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Have we locked up a top 10 pick yet?

no

the best pick we could get right now is #5, the worst we could pick is #15

Ballboy
12-15-2008, 08:36 AM
I think its safe to say that we are all Jets fans at this point!

Deputy Nutz
12-15-2008, 08:52 AM
For the record, I'm disappointed in how he handled the DL. Harrell was a bad pick to date. Corey Williams was a valuable player and we lost him. The KGB and Jenkins injuries aren't really his fault but they hurt us badly too.

Now is time to find out if he can fix the problem. He's done well to fix many of the problems that were here when he got here, but now he has to show that he can fix a problem that he is mostly responsible for creating. It's time to find out how much he believes in a strong defensive line.

I thought Thompson's hands were a bit tied in free agency the last couple years, there just wasn't a whole lot I would have thrown money at myself, but at the same time counting on an injured KGB to have another productive season, and hoping Jenkins would stay clear of the injury bug was a lot to hang your hat on when you decide to trade a very versatile linemen in Cory Williams. The Packers haven't taken a defensive end in the first day of the draft in a very long time. Thompson was taken in the 4th and I can't think of one taken higher since Thompson has been here. I can't think of one drafted higher since the Reynolds pick.

cheesner
12-15-2008, 10:11 AM

You mean this guy?

__________________________________________________ ______

Corey Williams #99 DT» Add Widget
2008 STATS
TACK FF INT
40 1 0
2008 FANTASY STATS
% OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT
0.8% 0.0% Undrafted
Birth Date August 17, 1980
Birth Place Camden, AR
Height 6-4
Weight 320 lbs.
Age 28

Stats Overview Tackles Misc Interceptions
SPLIT TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD
2008 40 27 13 0.5 1 1 1 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 4
Projected 49 33 16 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 5
Career 158 109 49 17.5 23 101 5 0 1 9 9.0 9 0 7

__________________________________________________ ___________

If we had that 1/2 sack production - I don't know if it would have made that much of an impact on our defense. The 40 tackles would be nice - but is it a difference maker?

Fact is - he was a backup last year and probably wouldn't have started for us this year. TT not only didn't sign him but got a 2nd round pick for him. I am thinking he got the better end of the deal.

Spaulding
12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Dream offseason would include the following:

OT - Jordan Gross (Panthers) - although I wouldn't break the bank on him if we continue with the ZBS, I would hope we at least look his way if Tauscher isn't resigned.

DE - Julius Peppers (Panthers) - this guy can flat out be dominating when he wants to be. If properly motivated I believe he's arguably the best complete defensive end in football. There are times when he looks like a man among boys.

DT - Shaun Cody (Lions) - he seems to have picked up his game a bit this year and given his age maybe coming into his own. Might be a good value addition to plug the middle and could possibly be had for reasonable amount.

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I think its safe to say that we are all Jets fans at this point!Not all of us. And let me point out that I have never been a fan of the Jets and never will.

rbaloha1
12-15-2008, 10:55 AM
1. Taylor Mays or

2. Ray Maulauga (sp?)

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Justin,

Most of that is fair and I agree. It is well documented that I didn't believe we'd be very good last year. I also didn't think we'd do great this year. But I thought the team we saw in the 1st 6 weeks would steadily improve over the last part of the season. It's been the opposite.

Our window should be longer than 2 years with all these young players, but I think the luster is off the "genius" label.

Ted's a great talent evaluator, but has some serious learning to do. Hopefully he's paying attention.

Ted has drafted very well EXCEPT for the OL imo. He had a daunting task in overhauling the roster and he has done really fricking good. Next year we will see him jettison some of the bottom guys that are in 3-4th year and replace them with other young talents. He has only drafted one DL in the top of the draft and he has been hurt. Jenkins got hurt, KGB dropped off the planet and Williams wanted to break the bank. Our DL went in the shitter and to top it off our safeties and barnett have been hurt.

I honestly believe we are going to win 11 games next year, maybe 12 or 13 if we are injury free. Feel free to remind me of this as I am still very certain this is a talented team.

Oh yea, my dream scenario is that Jenkins stays healthy and Harrell emerges as a run stuffing pocket collapsing DT. Also that Jolly puts the off field behind him and makes an impact. Furthermore I want Haynesworth and Peppers to declare their love for green bay and take well below market contracts to sign with us. We all know that cheapskate TT will never offer anyone big money...like woodson or arrington.

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Justin,

Ted has drafted very well EXCEPT for the OL imo. He had a daunting task in overhauling the roster and he has done really fricking good. Next year we will see him jettison some of the bottom guys that are in 3-4th year and replace them with other young talents. He has only drafted one DL in the top of the draft and he has been hurt. Jenkins got hurt, KGB dropped off the planet and Williams wanted to break the bank. Our DL went in the shitter and to top it off our safeties and barnett have been hurt.

I honestly believe we are going to win 11 games next year, maybe 12 or 13 if we are injury free. Feel free to remind me of this as I am still very certain this is a talented team.

Oh yea, my dream scenario is that Jenkins stays healthy and Harrell emerges as a run stuffing pocket collapsing DT. Also that Jolly puts the off field behind him and makes an impact. Furthermore I want Haynesworth and Peppers to declare their love for green bay and take well below market contracts to sign with us. We all know that cheapskate TT will never offer anyone big money...like woodson or arrington.or Adam Viniteri.