PDA

View Full Version : What the Packers Need!!

Partial
12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Martyball. Discuss.

MM has strong ties to the guy. Not only that, but Marty is the master of the 34, and also an intense dude known for his physical teams.

We need Martyball. Get on the train now!!

retailguy
12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Won't happen. When Ted hired McCarthy, we all talked about how he hired a coach that would do things the way he wanted. Why has that changed?

Marty does things the "marty" way. He wouldn't co-exist very well with Ted. Oh yeah, there is also that little "playoff meltdown" thing. Remember, his last season the Chargers went 14-2, got a 1st round bye, and then LOST in the first playoff game.

I vote no. And I like Marty.

Partial
12-14-2008, 08:11 PM
I want him as a DC. I don't know if he'd accept such a position, but you've got to think that a competitor like him is itching by now to get back into the fray.

I don't want Marty's conservative offensive play calling, but honestly would it be much different from MMs?

retailguy
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
I want him as a DC. I don't know if he'd accept such a position, but you've got to think that a competitor like him is itching by now to get back into the fray.

I don't want Marty's conservative offensive play calling, but honestly would it be much different from MMs?

That SURELY won't happen. There are going to be a BUNCH of vacancies this year. Marty will get serious looks for head coach, I'd think.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-14-2008, 08:39 PM
The thing I struggle with most is that the blitz is meant to hide weakness and is a huge gamble, when played and executed correctly Vanilla Bob's scheme is the right way to go. Ugh...I really had a hard time getting that out. What do the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, and Ravens all have in common? Besides some of the best defenses in the league, they also have some of the crappiest corners in the league. The blitz lets them mask this horrible truth, but every once in awhile you'll see these teams D's get run out of the building.

Does Bob's defense only look Vanilla because of our weak front 4 pass rush? This was really supposed to be a top 10 defense this year, but noone saw the elephant in the room, we have no pass rush. One could assume that Sanders defense would look much better with improved an inside pass rush.

However, I don't think it's as bad as most of you feel it is. This problem can be fixed! Even if Sanders is not let go there is still a chance to right the ship. I believe aquiring pass rush help on the defensive line, most importantly inside pass rush, would significantly improve the defense. I know a lot of you negative nancys will cast down this assumption as being false and too fool hearted and that massive changes are needed across the board. To quote Dane Cook, "Nay, I say, nay.." This simple change of getting front four pass rush in the draft or FA will bolster the defense for years to come.

Defense wins championships, Not 39 year-old quarterbacks on other teams.

Partial
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Even if we had a good pass rush and were a top 15 defense, I'm ready for a change.

As long as Vanilla Bob is here, we'll never be much better than average on defense, even with a boatload of talent. We don't gameplan to our individual players strengths, nor do we gameplan to take away something from an offense.

MJZiggy
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
The thing I struggle with most is that the blitz is meant to hide weakness and is a huge gamble, when played and executed correctly Vanilla Bob's scheme is the right way to go. Ugh...I really had a hard time getting that out. What do the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, and Ravens all have in common? Besides some of the best defenses in the league, they also have some of the crappiest corners in the league. The blitz lets them mask this horrible truth, but every once in awhile you'll see these teams D's get run out of the building.

Does Bob's defense only look Vanilla because of our weak front 4 pass rush? This was really supposed to be a top 10 defense this year, but noone saw the elephant in the room, we have no pass rush. One could assume that Sanders defense would look much better with improved an inside pass rush.

However, I don't think it's as bad as most of you feel it is. This problem can be fixed! Even if Sanders is not let go there is still a chance to right the ship. I believe aquiring pass rush help on the defensive line, most importantly inside pass rush, would significantly improve the defense. I know a lot of you negative nancys will cast down this assumption as being false and too fool hearted and that massive changes are needed across the board. To quote Dane Cook, "Nay, I say, nay.." This simple change of getting front four pass rush in the draft or FA will bolster the defense for years to come.

Defense wins championships, Not 39 year-old quarterbacks on other teams.

Dane Cook is hot. Oh, and I agree with you about the pass rush.

denverYooper
12-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I know what I need: 3 fingers of Glenlivet, neat.

Merlin
12-14-2008, 10:16 PM
The name Schottenheimer doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

mission
12-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I know what I need: 3 fingers of Glenlivet, neat.

I'm on my fifth macallen 12... No ice, splash of water... Been a rough day, almost got arrested LOL