PDA

View Full Version : The Baltimore Defense Sucks

Partial
12-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Man, did they blow it today giving up 13 points!! They played stellar all game long, but when crunch time happens they let the Steelers score their first touchdown of the game!! I mean honestly, how can a defense with that much talent hold a team in check for 55 minutes, then give up one score at the end. How inconsiderate to the offense!

digitaldean
12-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Man, did they blow it today giving up 13 points!! They played stellar all game long, but when crunch time happens they let the Steelers score their first touchdown of the game!! I mean honestly, how can a defense with that much talent hold a team in check for 55 minutes, then give up one score at the end. How inconsiderate to the offense!

The score the Steelers got was controversial, at best, according to the replays. I know, they didn't have Brett Favre there to inspire them. That's why they blew it.

C'mon Partial, no one is saying the offense was perfect and the defense stunk the whole game. The D failed when they needed to stop Jax the most. The O failed to put the game out of reach early plus get the lead back when the D failed. The coaching staff continues to baffle us on why they use the FB dive play and why Finley isn't benched and/or released. Not to mention the Twinkie-like softness of BOTH our lines.

But since you are only concerned about the points, here are your stats via nfl.com.
We are 21st in scoring defense and 5th in scoring offense (after today's late games).

I have had enough of staring at my computer for one day... good night. (mixing page layout/Photoshop work between peaks at ESPN GameCast)

Partial
12-15-2008, 02:09 AM

The score the Steelers got was controversial, at best, according to the replays. I know, they didn't have Brett Favre there to inspire them. That's why they blew it.

C'mon Partial, no one is saying the offense was perfect and the defense stunk the whole game. The D failed when they needed to stop Jax the most. The O failed to put the game out of reach early plus get the lead back when the D failed. The coaching staff continues to baffle us on why they use the FB dive play and why Finley isn't benched and/or released. Not to mention the Twinkie-like softness of BOTH our lines.

But since you are only concerned about the points, here are your stats via nfl.com.
We are 21st in scoring defense and 5th in scoring offense (after today's late games).

I have had enough of staring at my computer for one day... good night. (mixing page layout/Photoshop work between peaks at ESPN GameCast)

I hear ya.. mine has been brushing up on SML and Prolog for an exam tomorrow.

TravisWilliams23
12-15-2008, 05:45 AM
I put the blame for this loss squarely on the back of Joe Flacco.

How could he NOT inspire his defense to stop the Steelers at least
ONCE during that 92 yard drive? PLUS, he only put up 9 freakin' points
with that vaunted Baltimore offense all game.

Only in our dreams could Green Bay have a defense like Pitts or
Balts. We'd be playoff bound this year if we did. That's a fact.

I was looking for improvement in this team as the season went on but
every week it's the same old-same old. Definitely time for a coaching
change on the defense side of the team. Some may want to blame it
on the injuries but it was shaky at best even before they took their toll.

Zool
12-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Partial, your trolling is becoming a nuisance.

channtheman
12-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Partial you just don't get it do you?

Gunakor
12-15-2008, 12:59 PM

It's not worth arguing this anymore. Partial feels that football games are won on offense by outscoring your opponent, regardless what that point total happens to be. He has buddies on this forum that feel the same way. I feel that football games are won on defense by not allowing more points than your offense scores, whatever that point total happens to be. I have buddies on this forum that feel the same way as I do as well.

Since neither party will convince the other on their point of view, there's no reason to keep arguing this. Let's just agree to disagree for now, and hope management knows which one is the actual problem and gets it fixed during the offseason.

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 01:14 PM

It's not worth arguing this anymore. Partial feels that football games are won on offense by outscoring your opponent, regardless what that point total happens to be. He has buddies on this forum that feel the same way. I feel that football games are won on defense by not allowing more points than your offense scores, whatever that point total happens to be. I have buddies on this forum that feel the same way as I do as well.

Since neither party will convince the other on their point of view, there's no reason to keep arguing this. Let's just agree to disagree for now, and hope management knows which one is the actual problem and gets it fixed during the offseason.I agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bossman641
12-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Since neither party will convince the other on their point of view, there's no reason to keep arguing this. Let's just agree to disagree for now, and hope management knows which one is the actual problem and gets it fixed during the offseason.

Well, hopefully TT will realize that the defense is on the field for appearance only, sort of like linemen drive-blocking dummy sleds, and will work on creating a super-offense capable of scoring 50+ points every game.

I say we trade Woodson, Kampman, Barnett, and Collins and attempt to win every game 60-55.

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 02:16 PM
The level of douchebaggery on this site is reaching new highs.

sheepshead
12-15-2008, 02:28 PM

why do we care about partials "feelings" or the Baltimore Ravens?

MJZiggy
12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
The level of douchebaggery on this site is reaching new highs.

Nah. That peaked over the summer.

ThunderDan
12-21-2008, 06:28 PM
The Jets defense sucks giving up 13 points.

If you are going to crow at Rodgers you have to expect the same when Favre does the same.

Partial
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM

If you are going to crow at Rodgers you have to expect the same when Favre does the same.

I didn't watch. I don't give a shit about the Jets. So many of you are all about the Brett Favre - Aaron Rodgers comparison.

That really isn't fair, considering one is in their physical prime, one is past it. One is the all-time winningest QB, one hasn't beaten a winning team in their 4 year career.

pack4to84
12-21-2008, 06:37 PM

I didn't watch. I don't give a shit about the Jets. So many of you are all about the Brett Favre - Aaron Rodgers comparison.

That really isn't fair, considering one is in their physical prime, one is past it. One is the all-time winningest QB, one hasn't beaten a winning team in their 4 year career.Wait isn't the Colts 11-4 he beat them didn't he. By the way the vikings are a winning team and well he beat them too. Wait the bears have a winning record too.

chain_gang
12-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Nevermind pack4to84 beat me too it.

Partial
12-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Did they have winning records when playing? NOPE!

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Wait isn't the Colts 11-4 he beat them didn't he. By the way the vikings are a winning team and well he beat them too. Wait the bears have a winning record too.

Don't bother :) Brett lovers fall under three categories.

1. My dad didn't love me so Brett is my adopted father. He's always been there for me and can do no wrong (Partial)

2. I couldn't stay loyal to a husband so I spend my lonely days proving I can be loyal to Brett (007)

and

3. I'm a wanna be football player so I live my life through Favre (Nutz)

As you can see, there is an emotional connection that is stronger to these people than reality ;). There is no need to have conversations with anyone that you suspect belongs to affore mentioned emotionally invested groups.

You're welcome. I just saved you a lot of wasted time.

esoxx
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
2. I couldn't stay loyal to a husband so I spend my lonely days proving I can be loyal to Brett (007)

Are you drinking again? Uncalled for and out of bounds.

HarveyWallbangers
12-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Did they have winning records when playing? NOPE!

Indy was 3-2 when we beat them. Now, where do you go from here?

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Indy was 3-2 when we beat them. Now, where do you go from here?

Back to childhood, when his dad wasn't around but Brett was.

HarveyWallbangers
12-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Not only that, Chicago was 5-4 when we beat them.

Partial
12-21-2008, 07:25 PM

Are you drinking again? Uncalled for and out of bounds.

Yep. I'm personally hoping the ban stick gets dropped. That's enough of this garbage.

chain_gang
12-21-2008, 07:26 PM
edit

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Partial, you're a big boy. You can handle some playful jesting.