PDA

View Full Version : Is AR like a hot chic that

rbaloha1
12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
performs poorly in bed? Meaning will AR always have great stats but unable to lead the Packers to big wins?

Your comments Packers Nation?

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 10:53 AM
performs poorly in bed? Meaning will AR always have great stats but unable to lead the Packers to big wins?

Your comments Packers Nation?YOu know you are asking for trouble with that loaded question don't you?

Anyway, I would say no. This is only his first year of starter. You have to have patience.

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 10:56 AM

Does the hot chic have a brother who plays atrocious defense??

Partial
12-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry, but this is his 13th game starting, and he has appeared in games over the course of 4 seasons.

That first year starter balogna is just that.

HarveyWallbangers
12-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm sorry, but this is his 13th game starting, and he has appeared in games over the course of 4 seasons.

In his prior three seasons, he played the equivalent of two full games. He had an advantage of learning the system, but the facts are he IS a first year starter and he had VERY LITTLE game experience coming into the season.

Now, tell me again how we average under 20 offensive points/game?

LL2
12-15-2008, 11:23 AM
People need to lay off Arod for a while. He's not the one that stunk up the joint. Would you rather have Brees, Rivers, Cutler, or Quinn? Those guys are pretty good QB's but none have won when it counts in the playoffs.

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 11:44 AM

Agreed, its bologna, his stats are nearly IDENTICAL to Peyton Mannings. He has the 9th overall ranking. He has 23 TD's and 12 picks despite a spotty running game and OL. His stats pretty much bury Favre's. He has shown good mobility and rushed for TD's and first downs. He has led the 5th scoring offense in the NFL with the 21st rushing game and a defense that gives up the 9th most yards in the NFL.

Yet despite all this I gotta read posts like yours because you got serious fucking wood for Brett Favre. He is gone. If he stayed he would be in his last season...maybe, we would have to go thru the drama again to find out. He made his own bed. MOST Of us are packer fans and want to honestly discuss the packers. Having to defend a QB that is playing really fucking good is getting really fucking old. I'm going to make my own thread wasting time. I'm going to blame Tramon Williams for the defensive collapse and praise Jarret Bush because last year our Defense was a lot better when Bush was the nickel than it is this year with Tramon there. That makes sense...at least according to a lot of posters here.

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
People need to lay off Arod for a while. He's not the one that stunk up the joint. Would you rather have Brees, Rivers, Cutler, or Quinn? Those guys are pretty good QB's but none have won when it counts in the playoffs.

What is Brees and Rivers combined win totals? Rivers must really suck since his team is below .500 and it is a very talented roster....whats that? He is the top rated QB in the NFL...doesn't matter, sub .500 he sucks.

channtheman
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM

What is Brees and Rivers combined win totals? Rivers must really suck since his team is below .500 and it is a very talented roster....whats that? He is the top rated QB in the NFL...doesn't matter, sub .500 he sucks.

Good point. All these guys suck. Obviously it is his fault and has nothing else to do with anything. I some people's logic, Favre was only good for one season when he led us to the Super Bowl victory. You know the only thing that matters is Super Bowl wins. And Favre rode the defense for that Super Bowl.

dissident94
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Again who brought up favre. Again we cannot touch Rodgers. You guys are the one bringing up Favre. No one else. A-Rod has flaws. There are reason to be concerned and it has nothing to do with Brett Favre. For gods sake leave Favre out of the argument for once.

There is some relevance to the point. Rodgers may put up huge numbers and look great (Jeff George ring a bell) but never deliver in the clutch. Until he does at least one frickin time it will be a concern

Partial
12-15-2008, 12:01 PM

Agreed, its bologna, his stats are nearly IDENTICAL to Peyton Mannings. He has the 9th overall ranking. He has 23 TD's and 12 picks despite a spotty running game and OL. His stats pretty much bury Favre's. He has shown good mobility and rushed for TD's and first downs. He has led the 5th scoring offense in the NFL with the 21st rushing game and a defense that gives up the 9th most yards in the NFL.

Yet despite all this I gotta read posts like yours because you got serious fucking wood for Brett Favre. He is gone. If he stayed he would be in his last season...maybe, we would have to go thru the drama again to find out. He made his own bed. MOST Of us are packer fans and want to honestly discuss the packers. Having to defend a QB that is playing really fucking good is getting really fucking old. I'm going to make my own thread wasting time. I'm going to blame Tramon Williams for the defensive collapse and praise Jarret Bush because last year our Defense was a lot better when Bush was the nickel than it is this year with Tramon there. That makes sense...at least according to a lot of posters here.

Wood for Brett Favre, hardly. I'm not comparing him at all to Brett Favre.. thats really unfair as Brett Favre is probably the best QB to play the game.

He's playing OK. He's playing like Chad Pennington. I have explained this numerous times. It's not just his fault, its also MMs for the poor play calling.

Aaron is playing in between 12 to 17 (middle tier, below the elite playmakers and then the second tier of very good qbs) in the QB rankings in my head. If thats all he ends up being, the Pack had better move on, because the QB position is too important to stick with a middle of the road guy.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Roethlisberger
4. Manning
5. Romo
6. Hasselbeck
7. Cutler
8. Palmer
9. Ryan
10. Rivers
11. Brees
12. McNabb

Not in any order, those guys are better quarterbacks when healthy right now than Rodgers. Sure, the stats may not tell the tale, but Rodgers is on a STACKED team (2nd best in league last year) coming off an overtime loss in the conference championship to the eventual world champions.

He's playing alright, like I have said. He has all the potential in the world, as I have acknowledged time and time again. Where is the Favre wood, exactly?

Rodgers is outplaying Favre right now. No doubt about it. But, Favre brings a lot more to the table, which is evident by the record of the team this year. Favre is pretty much done.

You guys are homers. Plain and simple. It's very evident to me that he is average, and while having a big name doesn't necessarily mean you're playing big... the guys above outside of McNabb (injured), Palmer(injured) and Hass(injured, awful team) are playing great.

Some of those guys are even on worse teams (Ryan), and getting the job done with less in their ROOKIE year (read: not 4th year in the league).

If this says Brett Favre boner to you, well, I think you have other issues. But I watch a lot of football, have a pretty accurate eye for talent, and can plain as day see that these QBs are better today than Rodgers.

sheepshead
12-15-2008, 12:03 PM

Yes, cut him now.

Fritz
12-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Arod is like a young, hot chick who has only had sex a couple of times. And Rodgers seems willing to learn. So, to continue the analogy, if the young hot chick is eager to learn, she will soon be the goddess of the bedroom, a steamy, naughty, hot sex machine, and therefore, Arod will soon become the god of the football field, a hot winning quarterback.

dissident94
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Wood for Brett Favre, hardly. I'm not comparing him at all to Brett Favre.. thats really unfair as Brett Favre is probably the best QB to play the game.

He's playing OK. He's playing like Chad Pennington. I have explained this numerous times. It's not just his fault, its also MMs for the poor play calling.

Aaron is playing in between 12 to 17 (middle tier, below the elite playmakers and then the second tier of very good qbs) in the QB rankings in my head. If thats all he ends up being, the Pack had better move on, because the QB position is too important to stick with a middle of the road guy.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Roethlisberger
4. Manning
5. Romo
6. Hasselbeck
7. Cutler
8. Palmer
9. Ryan
10. Rivers
11. Brees
12. McNabb

Not in any order, those guys are better quarterbacks when healthy right now than Rodgers. Sure, the stats may not tell the tale, but Rodgers is on a STACKED team (2nd best in league last year) coming off an overtime loss in the conference championship to the eventual world champions.

He's playing alright, like I have said. He has all the potential in the world, as I have acknowledged time and time again. Where is the Favre wood, exactly?

Rodgers is outplaying Favre right now. No doubt about it. But, Favre brings a lot more to the table, which is evident by the record of the team this year. Favre is pretty much done.

You guys are homers. Plain and simple. It's very evident to me that he is average, and while having a big name doesn't necessarily mean you're playing big... the guys above outside of McNabb (injured), Palmer(injured) and Hass(injured, awful team) are playing great.

Some of those guys are even on worse teams (Ryan), and getting the job done with less in their ROOKIE year (read: not 4th year in the league).

If this says Brett Favre boner to you, well, I think you have other issues. But I watch a lot of football, have a pretty accurate eye for talent, and can plain as day see that these QBs are better today than Rodgers.

The football fans I talk to that really watch the games outside of Green Bay do not have the same love for A-Rod as a see on this board.

What I see is people who maybe said Rodgers will be great, or whatever and now will not admit certain flaws in his game.

billy_oliver880
12-15-2008, 12:38 PM

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Roethlisberger
4. Manning
5. Romo
6. Hasselbeck
7. Cutler
8. Palmer
9. Ryan
10. Rivers
11. Brees
12. McNabb

Did you just call palmer the 8th best qb in the league? You just lost all credibility.

cpk1994
12-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Did you just call palmer the 8th best qb in the league? You just lost all credibility.He never had much to begin with. Ill also point out that he has Hasselback on that list as well. Hasselbeck has been barely healthy at all this year. Rodgers has been way better than him.

Partial
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Did you just call palmer the 8th best qb in the league? You just lost all credibility.

I said in no particular order.. but Carson Palmer has got to be up there. He's put up MVP numbers when healthy. His team around him always sucks.

This was his 6th season. He was hurt all this year. Last year he was coming back from that nasty hit in the playoffs that tore up his knee.

His 3rd and 4th years in the league he was an all-pro. Just a straight up dynamo.

His rookie year he didn't take a snap, and he was pretty solid his second season.

I'm not sure where you'd rate him, but he's clearly top 10 imo.

Partial
12-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Did you just call palmer the 8th best qb in the league? You just lost all credibility.He never had much to begin with. Ill also point out that he has Hasselback on that list as well. Hasselbeck has been barely healthy at all this year. Rodgers has been way better than him.

I stated that Hass wasn't healthy, dumbass. Hass has taken a team to the superbowl, has been to 3 pro-bowls, looked FAR better behind BF than Rodgers did, etc.

Hass has had a rough year. Seattle in general has. When all is said and done, if Rodgers ends up with a similiar career to Hass' we will all be overjoyed, as Hass is one of the best players in the league.

Wow, I cannot believe the shit that I am seeing.

Zool
12-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I said in no particular order.. but Carson Palmer has got to be up there. He's put up MVP numbers when healthy. His team around him always sucks.

Well too fucking bad. Stats dont tell the story remember?

Partial
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM

Well, he took 2nd in MVP voting behind Peyton Manning. So, yeah, Wiseguy, where would you rank him with his picture perfect deep ball?

Zool
12-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Well, he took 2nd in MVP voting behind Peyton Manning. So, yeah, Wiseguy, where would you rank him with his picture perfect deep ball?

I rank him as having 1 winning season as a starter wiseguy. Its all about winning right? Or is it about stats? Or is it MVP votes?

sharpe1027
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
The football fans I talk to that really watch the games outside of Green Bay do not have the same love for A-Rod as a see on this board.

What I see is people who maybe said Rodgers will be great, or whatever and now will not admit certain flaws in his game.

If you want to talk about his flaws, I'm sure 99% of the posters will be willing to discuss them. However, blanket statements that "AR always have great stats but unable to lead the Packers to big wins," aren't very useful in assessing his flaws. :roll:

Partial
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM

I rank him as having 1 winning season as a starter wiseguy. Its all about winning right? Or is it about stats? Or is it MVP votes?

Look at the three ring circus he has around him..

Aaron hasn't had a winning season, so until he does that Palmer has a step up on him. Hasn't Eli only had one winning season?

sharpe1027
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Aaron hasn't had a winning season, so until he does that Palmer has a step up on him. Hasn't Eli only had one winning season?

I remember a three-ring circus surrounding the Packers and their starting QB this year. Of course I'm sure that's different.

Zool
12-15-2008, 03:30 PM

2 for Manning. 1 more at .500 and a SB win.

You dont call the Favre fiasco a circus? Why not just give Rodgers a break. Of course he could have played better this year, but he could have played a lot fucking worse too.

You always give other teams the benefit of the doubt, but are unrealistically hard on the Packers.

Partial
12-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes.. The Packers have lost so many of their skill players because of in-team suspensions, nfl sanctioned suspensions, etc.

STFU. Seriously.

Look at the list. Who is A-Rod better than? Like I said, a few guys are banged up on their but still very good players.

I'm asking WHO?

Zool
12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes.. The Packers have lost so many of their skill players because of in-team suspensions, nfl sanctioned suspensions, etc.

STFU. Seriously.

Look at the list. Who is A-Rod better than? Like I said, a few guys are banged up on their but still very good players.

I'm asking WHO?

How about comparing the first year starting for each of them? No one is saying he's the next HOF QB, but you seem to think he's TJ Rubley part 2.

DonHutson
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Keep comparing him to a chick and he's going to get all self-conscious and grow the 'stache back to look more badass.

Partial
12-15-2008, 07:34 PM

STFU. Seriously.

I'm asking WHO?

How about comparing the first year starting for each of them? No one is saying he's the next HOF QB, but you seem to think he's TJ Rubley part 2.

Gah! Where have I said htat? I said he's an average NFL starter!!!!!! I have said he has the physical skills to be special. How does that == TJ Rubley?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Partial, regardless of Palmer, to even suggest that Jay Cutler is a top QB is laughable and better than Rodgers is

Cutler was 2-3 in his rookie year, 9 tds and 5 ints.

Denver was 7-9 last year. Cutler had 20 tds and 14 ints.

Denver is currently 8-6. Cutler has been the textbook definition of Jekyll and Hyde. 24 tds and 15 picks.

Not one season in the 90s for QB rating.

Bretsky
12-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Partial, regardless of Palmer, to even suggest that Jay Cutler is a top QB is laughable and better than Rodgers is

Denver is currently 8-6. Cutler has been the textbook definition of Jekyll and Hyde. 24 tds and 15 picks.

So would you take Rodgers over Jay Cutler long term ??

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 08:55 PM

He has like ONE winning season right?? I would rank him pretty shitty based on that since that is all that matters.

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Yes. and before anyone tries to call me a homer again I'm the guy trying to keep jennings out of the hall of fame. (and ty...see bipartisan support for not being too much of a homer)

HarveyWallbangers
12-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Interesting question. I don't think I would, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cutler was more Favre and Rodgers was more Brady.

If you forced me to predict how good the QBs that are 26 years old or younger (that have played a bit) will be, I'd probably go with this order:

Roethlisberger
Cutler
Ryan
Rodgers
Campbell
Cassel
Quinn
Flacco
Thigpen
Russell
Orton
Jackson
Edwards
Leinart

Bretsky
12-15-2008, 09:03 PM

Interesting question. I don't think I would, but I wouldn't be shocked if Cutler was more Favre and Rodgers was more Brady.

If you forced me to predict how good the QBs that are 26 years old or younger (that have played a bit) will be, I'd probably go with this order:

Roethlisberger
Cutler
Ryan
Rodgers
Campbell
Cassel
Quinn
Flacco
Thigpen
Russell
Orton
Jackson
Edwards
Leinart

Completely agree; I was discussing the Packer QB with a buddy today and was asked to name the young QB's I'd take long term over him.

Ryan, Rothlisberger, and Cutler were the only three I could think of that I'd clearly favor.

Rastak
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I would agree with those guys ahead of Rodgers...and I'd agree with him being 4th on the list. He's shown quite a bit this year.

bobblehead
12-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I like ryan a lot, but he does have the best rush offense in the league setting him up and a pretty solid OLine. Talk to me in a few years before I would take him ahead of rodgers.

Zool
12-15-2008, 10:29 PM

STFU. Seriously.

I'm asking WHO?

Gah! Where have I said htat? I said he's an average NFL starter!!!!!! I have said he has the physical skills to be special. How does that == TJ Rubley?

Really? Do I have to link you to the multiple threads you've started?

dissident94
12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I would say Flacco might have more upside than Rodgers and possibly Cassel. They are bigger and stronger and both are mobile.

And before th A-Rod homers get crazy here. Ask yourself what would Rodgers have done if he had to start his rookie year. He was awful his rookie year in camp. Give Flacco some time and he is as good as Rothlesberger if not better.

And Cassel after the first couple of weeks might be playing the best ball of any qb in the league. My guess and I may be wrong that most teams would take both Flacco and Cassel over Rodgers.

Freak Out
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM

My comments were going to send this one to the GC so I won't even go there until it is.....the pre-teens here would be offended.

Partial
12-15-2008, 11:18 PM

STFU. Seriously.

I'm asking WHO?

I would love for you to post a link where I have called him TJ Rubley.

Pugger
12-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Enough of this comparing. Let's get back to talking about AR.

Rodgers has shown some good skills - he has a strong arm and can scramble out of trouble - but he has his warts too. He presses, especially late in games when he has to come thru. He's gotta to learn to take what the defense gives him. His tendency to throw INTs late in games has killed us these past few weeks. :( Will he improve with more experience? We all better hope so. :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 01:02 AM
I would say Flacco might have more upside than Rodgers and possibly Cassel. They are bigger and stronger and both are mobile.

From what little I've seen, I'd predict both Ryan and Rodgers will have better careers than Flacco--provided they stay healthy. That's just my opinion, but I'm not as enamored with Flacco. He's big. That doesn't mean much to me. Daunte Culpepper, Jamarcus Russell, and Ryan Leaf were all big also. I prefer arm strength, accuracy, mobility, and intelligence over size.

Zool
12-16-2008, 07:52 AM

STFU. Seriously.

I'm asking WHO?

I would love for you to post a link where I have called him TJ Rubley.

Its called exaggeration smart guy.

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Rodgers has shown some good skills - he has a strong arm and can scramble out of trouble - but he has his warts too. He presses, especially late in games when he has to come thru. He's gotta to learn to take what the defense gives him. His tendency to throw INTs late in games has killed us these past few weeks. :( Will he improve with more experience? We all better hope so. :roll:

Have we seen a QB play for the Packers at all since 1992 that didn't force throws late in games, trying to make something happen for his team? Please don't hold AR to a higher standard than BF. If one is okay with BF taking these chances and forcing these throws late in games, he'd be a hypocrit to call AR out for taking the same chances and forcing the same throws late in games.

I don't know how you felt about BF taking these chances, so I'm not calling you out for this post at all. If you were pissed at BF for forcing throws late in games, often times killing drives and securing defeat, then you should be very pissed at AR for doing the same things. I'm just trying to offer perspective on the deal, and asking that people do not hold AR to a higher standard than they held BF to.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 01:04 PM

Have we seen a QB play for the Packers at all since 1992 that didn't force throws late in games, trying to make something happen for his team? Please don't hold AR to a higher standard than BF. If one is okay with BF taking these chances and forcing these throws late in games, he'd be a hypocrit to call AR out for taking the same chances and forcing the same throws late in games.

I don't know how you felt about BF taking these chances, so I'm not calling you out for this post at all. If you were pissed at BF for forcing throws late in games, often times killing drives and securing defeat, then you should be very pissed at AR for doing the same things. I'm just trying to offer perspective on the deal, and asking that people do not hold AR to a higher standard than they held BF to.

difference being, Favre actually made the plays to win the game most the time... ya there was bone headed INT's that did cost us and I think all of us were pissed at him during those times... but Rodgers is just throwing INT's or not getting it done... theres were the two comparisons end

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 01:14 PM
oh and Gunkor,

none of us.. I'm tellin ya... ZERO PEOPLE IN HERE, will have one problem with Rodgers when he starts winning the close games at the end... you can keep feeding urself and everyone in here excuses but good, no check that, great QB's win those games at the end no matter how the rest of their day has went... and there is ur different from Rodgers being ok, as he has been this season... and one of the better ones in the league

ask him urself... he would tell u if he's any kind of QB that he needs to be able to lead his team down and drill the fucking ball into the endzone and win a game when his team needs him too... its as simple as that

(ps. dont feed me shit about our defense, everyone understands they're struggling... thats not what the discussion is about)

denverYooper
12-16-2008, 01:37 PM

Arod is like a young, hot chick who has only had sex a couple of times. And Rodgers seems willing to learn. So, to continue the analogy, if the young hot chick is eager to learn, she will soon be the goddess of the bedroom, a steamy, naughty, hot sex machine, and therefore, Arod will soon become the god of the football field, a hot winning quarterback.

I've noticed a couple of instances where Rodgers learns pretty well and tries to do new things each week, often not too long after people start really complaining about them:

--There were complaints that he never goes over the middle. After the Saints game, it seemed like he started using the middle of the field more.

--There were complaints about how he never rolls left. How about that 46 yard completion to Jones? He rolled left and threw 40 yards in the air.

Things like these give me hope that Fritz's analogy will be the prevailing one.

th87
12-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Rodgers seems more "robotic" than Favre was. As in he'll learn something, file it away, and not make the same mistake later. Being robotic prevents one from being creative like Favre was, so we probably won't see a lot of freelancing to victory. With Rodgers, we'll need to be patient while he learns from experience and programs himself to perform well in a variety of situations.

Or let's try a boxing analogy. Brett Favre was a puncher and Rodgers is a technician. Technicians take time to perfect their craft, whereas punchers can win dramatically right away.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Rodgers seems more "robotic" than Favre was. As in he'll learn something, file it away, and not make the same mistake later. Being robotic prevents one from being creative like Favre was, so we probably won't see a lot of freelancing to victory. With Rodgers, we'll need to be patient while he learns from experience and programs himself to perform well in a variety of situations.

Or let's try a boxing analogy. Brett Favre was a puncher and Rodgers is a technician. Technicians take time to perfect their craft, whereas punchers can win dramatically right away.

thats probably one of the better analogies ive heard actually... very nice!

th87
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM

thats probably one of the better analogies ive heard actually... very nice!

Thanks dude.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 05:25 PM

I'm actually a big Cutler guy. I really like what he brings, but even i can't put him in the top 12...that was really my point, not whom i would take for the long term.

Previously i woulda said Cutler, but Arod has really shown me a ton. Wasn't long ago many were worried about the Cal lineage and throwing motion.