PDA

View Full Version : PRO BOWL annouced tomorrow at 4pm...

packers11
12-15-2008, 08:52 PM
PRO BOWL SELECTION SHOW Announcement of 2009 Pro Bowl rosters 4pm, Tuesday, on NFL Network..

Players to look for :

Woodson, Collins, Jennings

packers04
12-15-2008, 09:04 PM
all players that were acquired by our GM... Hmmmm......

MateoInMex
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM

So was Justin Harrell, Brady Poppinga, Tony Moll and Frost.

Partial
12-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Well if they weren't they likely wouldn't be representing the Packers in the pro bowl :lol:

Zool
12-15-2008, 10:32 PM

Moll isnt horrible for a guy who was a TE till his senior season. He can fill in multiple spots and not be a complete liability. Good guy to have on the bench and spot start.

And the other 3.....well

RashanGary
12-16-2008, 06:04 AM
If Hayensworth makes it, he's free to hit the market. Obviously he should, but with the injury lets hope nothing crazy happens. I acctually think we're going to be in the market for him. We badly need him. Many teams have less money. Many teams might be affraid to spend money with the possiblity of lessened market sharing coming after they elect out of the CBA. I could see it happening.

DonHutson
12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
PRO BOWL SELECTION SHOW Announcement of 2009 Pro Bowl rosters 4pm, Tuesday, on NFL Network..

Players to look for :

Woodson, Collins, Jennings

I predict Woodson and Jennings simply because we always get fewer players in than we should.

Collins and Blackmon would have cause to feel slighted if it goes down that way.

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 08:02 AM
If Hayensworth makes it, he's free to hit the market. Obviously he should, but with the injury lets hope nothing crazy happens. I acctually think we're going to be in the market for him. We badly need him. Many teams have less money. Many teams might be affraid to spend money with the possiblity of lessened market sharing coming after they elect out of the CBA. I could see it happening.

This could be the largest free agent contract ever for a defensive guy. I think there would be a lot of forehead slapping if TT pulled that trigger.

Patler
12-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Woodson I think has had a Pro Bowl season. Collins and Jennings started that way, but both have slipped recently, back toward being very good, but not elite players. They may have built enough "points" early in the season to get there, but I will not be surprised if either is left off.

Woodson is the only one for which I would feel injustice if he is left off.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 09:31 AM

TT for GM of the year....

denverYooper
12-16-2008, 09:36 AM

TT for GM of the year....

He was the Sporting News Executive of the Year for 2007.

KYPack
12-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Woodson I think has had a Pro Bowl season. Collins and Jennings started that way, but both have slipped recently, back toward being very good, but not elite players. They may have built enough "points" early in the season to get there, but I will not be surprised if either is left off.

Wood will make it.

here's the vote leaders by the fans as of recently:

QB Drew Brees, Saints 951,246 RB Clinton Portis, Redskins 767,817 FB Mike Sellers, Redskins 342,356 WR Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals 655,433 TE Jason Witten, Cowboys 626,602 T Chris Samuels, Redskins 301,992 G Chris Snee, Giants 301,417 C Shaun O'Hara, Giants 364,088 K Shaun Suisham, Redskins 199,437 KR Devin Hester, Bears 228,932 DE Justin Tuck, Giants 422,061 DT Cornelius Griffin, Redskins 246,505 OLB DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys 398,452 ILB London Fletcher, Redskins 304,294 CB Charles Woodson, Packers 305,946 SS Chris Horton, Redskins 242,298 FS LaRon Landry, Redskins 286,457 P Jeff Feagles, Giants 231,555 ST Khary Campbell, Redskins 199,207

The Redskins fans stuffed the ballot and got guys in.

I don't really care this season, but next year, let's get on this campaign and screw the 'click for cans' deal. let's stuff the ProBowl ballot box!

Some of our lads should be in the Pro Bowl, but after this seaosn?

Pfffft!

DonHutson
12-16-2008, 10:07 AM

But this is only 1/3 of the vote, right? So all those marginal Redskins players probably won't be in if they aren't getting the player and coach votes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike the NBA, I don't believe there's any guarantee that finishing first in the fan voting gets you in.

KYPack
12-16-2008, 10:13 AM

But this is only 1/3 of the vote, right? So all those marginal Redskins players probably won't be in if they aren't getting the player and coach votes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike the NBA, I don't believe there's any guarantee that finishing first in the fan voting gets you in.

Yeah, I meant in the lead in the voting.

Exactly how they select for the Pro Bowl... I don't really give a shit at this point, man.

They go thru several steps of voodoo, but nobody really cares.

bobblehead
12-16-2008, 10:30 AM
I think Al Harris has still only allowed like 6 catches since returning from injury, and 3 of those were to AJohnson...who is leading the NFL in catches. I know he doesn't get the flashy interceptions, but the man is a stud.

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Let's have a ground rule while we bitch about the selections, give reasons why your pick is better than the guy that took the slot. Every year there's bitching but the question always is, was he better than they guys that made it and how and why.

Patler
12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Let's have a ground rule while we bitch about the selections, give reasons why your pick is better than the guy that took the slot. Every year there's bitching but the question always is, was he better than they guys that made it and how and why.

Very simple, our picks will be PACKERS, the others will not! :lol: :lol:

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh yeah!

:P

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM

So the players a GM misses on are more important than the ones that he hits on? What is your point?

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 01:33 PM

Wood will make it.

QB Drew Brees, Saints 951,246 RB Clinton Portis, Redskins 767,817 FB Mike Sellers, Redskins 342,356 WR Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals 655,433 TE Jason Witten, Cowboys 626,602 T Chris Samuels, Redskins 301,992 G Chris Snee, Giants 301,417 C Shaun O'Hara, Giants 364,088 K Shaun Suisham, Redskins 199,437 KR Devin Hester, Bears 228,932 DE Justin Tuck, Giants 422,061 DT Cornelius Griffin, Redskins 246,505 OLB DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys 398,452 ILB London Fletcher, Redskins 304,294 CB Charles Woodson, Packers 305,946 SS Chris Horton, Redskins 242,298 FS LaRon Landry, Redskins 286,457 P Jeff Feagles, Giants 231,555 ST Khary Campbell, Redskins 199,207

I don't really care this season, but next year, let's get on this campaign and screw the 'click for cans' deal. let's stuff the ProBowl ballot box!

Pfffft!

DEVON HESTER will be voted in as the KR/PR because his name is Devon Hester, just as I predicted. Doesn't matter that he's been a heaping pile of FAIL this year as a returner, he's still going to get the nod because his name is Devon Hester. What a joke this process has become...

arcilite
12-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Only Charles Woodson and Nick COllins made it.

Favre made it as well... I don't think he deserves it at all.

arcilite
12-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Only Charles Woodson and Nick COllins made it.

Favre made it as well... I don't think he deserves it at all.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
where did u find it? I thought it wasnt out til 330 ct time?

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 03:17 PM

Wood will make it.

Pfffft!

DEVON HESTER will be voted in as the KR/PR because his name is Devon Hester, just as I predicted. Doesn't matter that he's been a heaping pile of FAIL this year as a returner, he's still going to get the nod because his name is Devon Hester. What a joke this process has become...

Actually he got in cause his name is Devin Hester. :oops:

Just messin, I agree with you on Hester. He has been garbage this year.

packers11
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Charles Woodson and Nick Collins are both starters too... 8-)

We didn't get anyone on the reserve list... O well... The NFL.com msg board is funny, they are all bashing Favre...

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM

We didn't get anyone on the reserve list... O well... The NFL.com msg board is funny, they are all bashing Favre...

why is that funny? Why would you, as a Packers fan, want to bash Brett Favre... the guy who gave u everything for 16 years? What the hell is wrong with you people... seriously....

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-16-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm disappointed Jennings didn't go.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm disappointed Jennings didn't go.

he didn't really produce in the 2nd half of the season though..

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Collins will be looking for a nice contract.

hoosier
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Nick Collins also seems like a borderline selection. He played the first part of the season on fire, and his stats for that part--5 picks, 3 returned for TDs--is more than a season for most players. But he's been invisible in recent games and was identified as having one of the worst blown coverages against Jax. I guess the moral of the story is, if you have to stink it up, it's better to save it till the end of the season.

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Steve Smith instead of Jennings? Hmmmmm

packers11
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM

why is that funny? Why would you, as a Packers fan, want to bash Brett Favre... the guy who gave u everything for 16 years? What the hell is wrong with you people... seriously....

Its funny because people are outraged that he made it... Paco... get off Favre's dick already... I love the guy, but come on, here didn't deserve to be on the list...

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Rivers should have gone instead of Favre, but then again record does play a factor. Favre is still the man though and I miss the days he was our QB.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM

Smith is averaging more per catch, more yards per game, more catches a game and hes just down right better than Jennings... quit drinking so much G&G koolaid

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM

Did he say he was bashing him? No, he just thought it was funny that he got in again when I'd say there were players more deserving (Rivers, Manning, Cutler)

arcilite
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Roethlisberger, Cassel, Rivers all deserve it more than Favre.

Patler
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Kind of hard justifying Favre over Philip Rivers:

Favre/Rivers

attempts - 451/427
completions - 305/276
yards - 3052/3515
TDs - 21/28
ints - 17/11
QB rating - 86.5/101.4

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM

Wood will make it.

Pfffft!

Actually he got in cause his name is Devin Hester. :oops:

Just messin, I agree with you on Hester. He has been garbage this year.

Actually Hester didn't get in, Clifton Smith did thankfully

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Kind of hard justifying Favre over Philip Rivers:

Favre/Rivers

attempts - 451/427
completions - 305/276
yards - 3052/3515
TDs - 21/28
ints - 17/11
QB rating - 86.5/101.4

Hard? I'd say downright impossible. Those numbers aren't even close

Patler
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM

I don't have too much of a problem with Favre over Cassel or Roethlisberger, nor would I have a problem with them over him. Kind of a toss-up among all three in my opinion. But Favre making it and Rivers not making it is a little hard to understand.

Zool
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM

Really? You had to bold your whole thing? Thats pretty fucking tell tale there Petey. All he said was people bashing Favre and you get defensive?

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM

Really? You had to bold your whole thing? Thats pretty fucking tell tale there Petey. All he said was people bashing Favre and you get defensive?

Really Zool... u think I meant to bold the whole thing? Get a clue bud.

Patler
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
As far as that goes, I would have taken Rivers over Cutler, too.

Zool
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM

Not my fault simple text eludes you. Get a clue bud.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
[quote=packers11]Charles Woodson and Nick Collins are both starters too... 8-)

Really Zool... u think I meant to bold the whole thing? Get a clue bud.[/quote

ya real good burn! haha you cant even put ur text in the correct place

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM

Knwoing you I would say yes, that's a fair guess.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:53 PM
How come people aren't making a fuss over goldy locks not getting in when his stats are superior to Mannings? Oh because of the jealousy towards that you have towards Favre that is eludes you people.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:53 PM

Knwoing you I would say yes, that's a fair guess.

you dont know me...

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM
[quote=packers11]Charles Woodson and Nick Collins are both starters too... 8-)

Really Zool... u think I meant to bold the whole thing? Get a clue bud.[/quote

ya real good burn! haha you cant even put ur text in the correct place

LOL. I'm about 99.9% sure that was done on purpose

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Smith is averaging more per catch, more yards per game, more catches a game and hes just down right better than Jennings... quit drinking so much G&G koolaid

Oh yes sir!

Patler
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
How come people aren't making a fuss over goldy locks not getting in when his stats are superior to Mannings? Oh because of the jealousy towards that you have towards Favre that is eludes you people.

Who are you talking about, "goldy locks"?
You have lost me on that.

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM

Jealousy? You really don't get it do you.

People are making the fuss about Favre because he was the least deserving of the three. BIG SHOCK RIGHT? Nobody really has a problem with Manning on the team, they do with Favre.

If you asked me to decide between Manning and Rivers I'd say Rivers. If you asked me between Manning and Favre I'd say Manning.

I suppose I'm just jealous though.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM

Jealousy? You really don't get it do you.

People are making the fuss about Favre because he was the least deserving of the three. BIG SHOCK RIGHT? Nobody really has a problem with Manning on the team, they do with Favre.

If you asked me to decide between Manning and Rivers I'd say Rivers. If you asked me between Manning and Favre I'd say Manning.

I suppose I'm just jealous though.

I'm not even talking the AFC there buddy boy

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=16033

it deserves its own thread

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM

For some reason I assumed goldy locks was Rivers. It appears it is Rodgers though.

??????????????????????????????????????/

Patler
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM

For some reason I assumed goldy locks was Rivers. It appears it is Rodgers though.

Ya, I was thinking Rivers, too; but I guess we were both wrong!

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM

Its just a nickname I've been calling him lately... I'm sick of Arod cuz thats already used and I just cant call him it really...

DonHutson
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
But Favre making it and Rivers not making it is a little hard to understand.

The Pro Bowl QB's tend to come from winning teams, barring some mind-boggling numbers.

Personally, I cast a vote for Pennington over Favre.

Freak Out
12-16-2008, 05:10 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/myfask/258Troll_spray.jpg

Pugger
12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
It is surprising Brett got in, but as we all know this is a popularity contest at times. Its no big deal, really. Brett hasn't played in this game in eons. Rivers will probably get in in the end anyway (but he is more deserving than BF). :roll:

packinpatland
12-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Only two Patriots named. I find that mighty satsifying. :lol:

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-16-2008, 05:20 PM

I think team record is a big factor in deciding who goes.

Patler
12-16-2008, 05:25 PM
It is surprising Brett got in, but as we all know this is a popularity contest at times. Its no big deal, really. Brett hasn't played in this game in eons. Rivers will probably get in in the end anyway (but he is more deserving than BF). :roll:

I am predicting that Favre will go thjis time, to represent his new team and new fans. A sort of pay back to them.

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:12 PM

Its just a nickname I've been calling him lately... I'm sick of Arod cuz thats already used and I just cant call him it really...

Then why don't you just try calling him Aaron Rodgers?

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:14 PM

I think team record is a big factor in deciding who goes.

Then why is Drew Brees the starter for the NFC?

I think team record plays a part in it, but I don't think it's as big a factor as you do.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 06:17 PM

Then why don't you just try calling him Aaron Rodgers? why cant i have a nickname for him?

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Then why don't you just try calling him Aaron Rodgers? why cant i have a nickname for him?

Why do you HAVE to have a nickname for him?

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:25 PM

that favre magic; ordered his jerz last nite..

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 06:29 PM

Why do you HAVE to have a nickname for him? cuz i like nicknames? :?:

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 06:31 PM

that favre magic; ordered his jerz last nite.. favre magic... whats that? He only brings down his teams and they win in spite of him..... :P

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM

Why do you HAVE to have a nickname for him? cuz i like nicknames? :?:

Good enough. So pick one that fits at least. Goldie Locks? Why? His hair isn't golden, and he has no locks. I don't get it...

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM

that favre magic; ordered his jerz last nite.. favre magic... whats that? He only brings down his teams and they win in spite of him..... :P

yeah, he's a cancer

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM

yeah, he's a cancer

Now that's not fair. Nobody ever called him a cancer. Cancer is a description reserved for TO/Pacman/Randy Moss types. I would never lump Favre in with those steaming piles of locker room distraction.

MJZiggy
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Ok, so I just got my e-announcement from the Packers, and they seem to think that Greg Jennings is a first alternate. He did make it.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 09:05 PM

yeah, he's a cancer

Now that's not fair. Nobody ever called him a cancer. Cancer is a description reserved for TO/Pacman/Randy Moss types. I would never lump Favre in with those steaming piles of locker room distraction.

u're correct

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok, so I just got my e-announcement from the Packers, and they seem to think that Greg Jennings is a first alternate. He did make it.

First alternate doesn't put him on the team. Somebody will have to back out or get injured.

I can't quibble with the picks. Woodson and Collins deserved it. Kampman is solid, but other DEs are having better years. Jennings deserves it, but so do about 5 other WRs in the NFC. You could choose any 4 of the 6, and it would have been fair.

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Favre’s Pro Bowl pick hard to justify

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApCqFQBxeP8scugJWok_JGZDubYF?slug=txfavr eprobowl&prov=st&type=lgns

Rivers was robbed at the expense of an undeserving Brett Favre

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Rivers-was-robbed-at-the-expense-of-an-undeservi;_ylt=AgRVX_BdWkLYAGQfNzl2SchDubYF?urn=nf l,129633

ESPN users voted him least deserving Pro Bowler.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/poll/index?pCat=46&sCat=283

Personally, I'm not that shocked by it. You knew Brett would get in. He usually does--even if he's borderline. And it's the fan's game. They voted him in. If they want to watch Brett, then so be it.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 09:27 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApCqFQBxeP8scugJWok_JGZDubYF?slug=txfavr eprobowl&prov=st&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Rivers-was-robbed-at-the-expense-of-an-undeservi;_ylt=AgRVX_BdWkLYAGQfNzl2SchDubYF?urn=nf l,129633

Personally, I'm not that shocked by it. You knew Brett would get in. He usually does--even if he's borderline. And it's the fan's game. They voted him in. If they want to watch Brett, then so be it.

thnx harv

cpk1994
12-17-2008, 02:33 AM

Personally, I'm not that shocked by it. You knew Brett would get in. He usually does--even if he's borderline. And it's the fan's game. They voted him in. If they want to watch Brett, then so be it.How is it a fans game when the coaches and players count for 1/3 of the vote which is = to the fans? THis isn't the NBA. IF the players and coaches did it right Favre wouldn't be in.

BallHawk
12-17-2008, 05:01 AM
A significant IQ drop I has had from reading this thread....

KYPack
12-17-2008, 09:10 AM
So let's "smarten up" this thread.

In the "I didn't really tell you so, but it's still interesting" dept.

Big Bad Super Mario Williams, Texans DE, is in the Pro Bowl. Reggie Bush and Vince Young get to go play around in Vegas or whatever they wanna go do 'cause they ain't goin to Hawaii on the NFL's dime.

The draft controversy of that time seems to breaking solidly in the Texans favor. Bush is a compilmentary, spot guy and a good player. Was he worth the draft spot? Maybe. But that's a high pick for a guy who is used 40% of the time.

Vince Young is a super green kid with a ton to learn. 5 years from now when Kerry Collins is long retired, Young may well have earned his stripes. For now, he's got to grow up and man up if he wants to make it in the big league.

3irty1
12-17-2008, 09:48 AM
So let's "smarten up" this thread.

In the "I didn't really tell you so, but it's still interesting" dept.

Big Bad Super Mario Williams, Texans DE, is in the Pro Bowl. Reggie Bush and Vince Young get to go play around in Vegas or whatever they wanna go do 'cause they ain't goin to Hawaii on the NFL's dime.

The draft controversy of that time seems to breaking solidly in the Texans favor. Bush is a compilmentary, spot guy and a good player. Was he worth the draft spot? Maybe. But that's a high pick for a guy who is used 40% of the time.

Vince Young is a super green kid with a ton to learn. 5 years from now when Kerry Collins is long retired, Young may well have earned his stripes. For now, he's got to grow up and man up if he wants to make it in the big league.

First he's got to want to make it in this league.

Partial
12-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Bush probably would have made it if he didn't get hurt. He was a dynamo to start the year. He is such a unique talent, if the Packers played on turf I would have done everything in my power to package picks and JWalk to go up and grab him.

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I realized Brett was having a rough stretch, but I didn't realize he's been this bad.

Favre was named to his 10th Pro Bowl, tying Johnny Unitas’ NFL record for quarterbacks, but this latest one is a major reach.

Since throwing six touchdowns in New York’s 56-35 win over Arizona in Week Four, Favre has only nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions in the last 10 games.

MOBB DEEP
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I realized Brett was having a rough stretch, but I didn't realize he's been this bad.

Favre was named to his 10th Pro Bowl, tying Johnny Unitas’ NFL record for quarterbacks, but this latest one is a major reach.

Since throwing six touchdowns in New York’s 56-35 win over Arizona in Week Four, Favre has only nine touchdowns and 13 interceptions in the last 10 games.

favre bad = jets bad (recent slump)

favre good = jets good (VERY impressive wins last month)

HarveyWallbangers
12-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Favre good = Jets good
Favre bad = not always Jets bad

I think he's done better than his stats (and his overall stats aren't bad), but the Jets have won a few games in spite of him.

MOBB DEEP
12-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Favre good = Jets good
Favre bad = not always Jets bad

I think he's done better than his stats (and his overall stats aren't bad), but the Jets have won a few games in spite of him.

i MAY be biased but i think mangini's coaching has been the culprit in tough losses harv...IVE WATCHED GAMES CLOSELY