PDA

View Full Version : James Jones

Patler
12-16-2008, 02:44 AM
Nice to see him display some of the ability we saw last season.
But, on the long reception in the 4th, he made the catch behind the DB, and seemed willing to just drift out of bounds after the catch. He didn't look like he fought at all to keep from going out of bounds. I'm used to seeing Driver scratch and claw for every inch, dancing on the sidelines when he needs to to stay in bounds. It looked like Jones could have made even more out of that play.

RashanGary
12-16-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm a big JJ fan. His injury had Nelson pass him this year. Nelson's talent will probably do it next year (not because JJ is bad but because Nelson could be really, really good). That said, I can still see JJ being a big part of this offense. There is always an injury here and there. This year it was JJ. Next year it might be Jennings, Nelson, Driver or a combo of the three.

Fritz
12-16-2008, 06:41 AM
I did not see the play, but normally JJ seems willing to mix it up for extra yards. I wonder if he's not confident in that hamstring and subconsciously is babying it.

I like the guy. I think he's a good receiver - or will be next year, if he's healthy.

Patler
12-16-2008, 07:03 AM
I did not see the play, but normally JJ seems willing to mix it up for extra yards. I wonder if he's not confident in that hamstring and subconsciously is babying it.

I like the guy. I think he's a good receiver - or will be next year, if he's healthy.

The play I am referring to is up right now as the second video highlight on his player page at nfl.com

I like Jones, too. He is a different type of receiver than Jennings or Driver. Both he and Nelson are bigger receivers, both like to catch with their hands away from their body. Jones looks more fluid to me than Nelson. I'm not sure which will be the better receiver. Jones certainly had a nice rookie season.

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 07:21 AM
I'm a big JJ fan. His injury had Nelson pass him this year. Nelson's talent will probably do it next year (not because JJ is bad but because Nelson could be really, really good). That said, I can still see JJ being a big part of this offense. There is always an injury here and there. This year it was JJ. Next year it might be Jennings, Nelson, Driver or a combo of the three.

I agree, the guy could be a 1 or a 2 receiver on a lot of teams. I hope he stays healthy, he'll make plays.

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Nelson is good, but I like Jones better. I hope Nelson and Jones keep improving so that we will be set at Wr for a lone time. Rodgers to Jennings, Jones, and Nelson should last a long time in GB.

Patler
12-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Nelson is good, but I like Jones better. I hope Nelson and Jones keep improving so that we will be set at Wr for a lone time. Rodgers to Jennings, Jones, and Nelson should last a long time in GB.

Don't forget Rodgers buddy, Ruvell Martin!!!

KYPack
12-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Nice to see Jones bounce back a little.

Jones fought for yards ac last season, but the hammy has made him much more tentative.

That WR group is among the finest in the league.

We should have some kind of advantage next season with all the guys who had disappointing years and have a lot to prove.

Fritz
12-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Again, I agree with KY. This is a nice group. Personally, I'm not as high on Nelson as others are here, but he's a rook so maybe next year he'll notch it up. Conversely, I tend to like Jones better than most posters here. He's strong, can make tough catches, and seems to be able to run over the middle, and run after the catch. I'm curious to see how he does next year. I hope the guys stays healthy.

Joemailman
12-16-2008, 07:33 PM
It's interesting that Jones is a pretty good deep target despite the fact he's not supposed to be very fast. Just another reason to take those 40 times with a grain of salt.

Driver limped off the field on the last drive Sunday. If he's not 100%, I wouldn't mind seeing Jones or Nelson get the start against the Bears.

Patler
12-16-2008, 07:38 PM
It's interesting that Jones is a pretty good deep target despite the fact he's not supposed to be very fast. Just another reason to take those 40 times with a grain of salt.

Driver limped off the field on the last drive Sunday. If he's not 100%, I wouldn't mind seeing Jones or Nelson get the start against the Bears.

I want 170 yards for Driver the next two weeks, to go over 1000 again.
(Ya, I'm cheering for stats for my favorite players!)