PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Favre will...

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 10:35 AM
lose to the older Manning in his 2nd straight conference championship but this time in the AFC... you heard it here first! I think the Dolphins and Ravens are left out cuz they both will will finish 10-6, and the Patriots get that last spot cuz they will finish 11-5. NY has the third seed and beats them at home. Indy beats the Broncos round one, if the Broncos beat the Bills week 16 or they will lose out to the Chargers, in a shoot out. The Jets pound the Titans again, the two seed. Indy beats Pit cuz they just cant score nor hold Manning down enough. This sets up the Favre-Manning matchup that everyone wants to see...and Favre and the Jets comes up short breaking Favre-lovers hearts and not getting us another 1st round pick... but brings everyone joy when he announces his return... oh and the Cowboys beat the Colts for the super bowl...

bobblehead
12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
The way Brett has played in the last 3 weeks I'm thinking we are more likely to get the 3rd. Not to mention a lot of the 30 something FA's the jets signed are tiring at this point.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I think they get back on track against a horrible seahawks team... it took me awhile to figure all that out.. just a fun prediction

Spaulding
12-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Interesting possibility but given the turmoil the Jets are in and their play of late it's going to be a stretch to make the playoffs. I do think they beat the Seahawks (Hasselbeck isn't going to play I hear) but then have a tough matchup against the Dolphins.

Pennington will be out to prove things and this will decide who makes the playoffs.

I certainly hope the Jets win, both for Brett's sake and for the increased draft position we get going from a 3rd to a 2nd.

Would love to see Favre versus Manning (or Brady if he wasn't injured) though.

BF4MVP
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Prediction: Favre will.......

Lead the league in INTs again.

Okay, that was unnecessary. I still im a huge Favre fan, believe it or not..Just not so much a "Brett the Jet" fan...

I honestly do belive Brett's Jets will miss the playoffs, though. I think New England and Miami seem to be playing better right now..and I don't see them beating Miami in week 17..Hell, it would be just like them to lose to a terrible Seattle team..

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Fart in the locker room.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Okay, that was unnecessary. I still im a huge Favre fan, believe it or not..Just not so much a "Brett the Jet" fan...

ya... thats the tough part for a lotta packers fans I think. It'd be tough seeing him do well in the playoffs i think. Kinda disheartening. But I just wanna see him do well and finish his career on his terms and go out well, thats about it for me and my prediction was at work, while my boss reemed about 75% of our employees for being complete morons.. haha

KYPack
12-16-2008, 05:30 PM
The Jets have lost all their West Coast games so far this year.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
...have a FAR better legacy than either ted (infamy) thompson or fatboy mcarthy....

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Prediction: Favre will.......

Lead the league in INTs again.

I honestly do belive Brett's Jets will miss the playoffs, though. I think New England and Miami seem to be playing better right now..and I don't see them beating Miami in week 17..Hell, it would be just like them to lose to a terrible Seattle team..

lose the avatar

j/k

Pugger
12-16-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't mind him getting in the playoffs on one hand but on the other if he does folks on internet message boards will crow about it and bash AR, TT and MM relentlessly and I for one am sick of it all. :evil: :P

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I don't mind him getting in the playoffs on one hand but on the other if he does folks on internet message boards will crow about it and bash AR, TT and MM relentlessly and I for one am sick of it all. :evil: :P oh dont be so selfish! :lol:

packerbacker1234
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't mind him getting in the playoffs on one hand but on the other if he does folks on internet message boards will crow about it and bash AR, TT and MM relentlessly and I for one am sick of it all. :evil: :P

The bigger worry is if he does well in the playoffs. What if he gets a deep un? AFC Title game? SB appearance (maybe a loss, but sitll gets there). THAT would make the boards explode, because naturally you would assume he could do better in an offense he knew.

ANyways - I want him to do well, plus if you watched the jets this year - they have a lot of issues, and a LOT of likeable players. Mangini is on the hot seat, just like our coaching staff. They want Bob Sutton (the D coordinator), fired, much like many of us are getting sick of our coordinator.

A lot of simularities. The difference? They are pulling out most of the close games, meanwhile, the packers are not.

Yeah. Wonder how that happens. Last game was the defense. KC was Favre. NE was Favre. They seem to win the close games. There is a reason for this. The rest of their team is pretty comparable, save the fact the packers clearly have a better WR core.

Bretsky
12-16-2008, 08:37 PM
1. Not make the playoffs
2. Retire after this year

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Come back to Packerland for 20 million dollars after he calls it quits for good in New York.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
1. Not make the playoffs

ye of little faith

Bretsky
12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
1. Not make the playoffs

ye of little faith

Jets still not playing well enough and BF doesn't seem like he's having as much fun as he was in GB.

packerbacker1234
12-16-2008, 10:03 PM
1. Not make the playoffs

ye of little faith

Jets still not playing well enough and BF doesn't seem like he's having as much fun as he was in GB.

As TO said, Winning cures all. He gets in the playoffs and tastse a playoff win in round one, his attitude will completely change.

bobblehead
12-17-2008, 12:41 AM
1. Not make the playoffs

Then unretires, then says its all just a rumor, then his mom and brother bash mangini. Eventually he insists he wants to play and the Jets trade him to the 49ers for a conditional pick.

RashanGary
12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Brett makes the playoffs
Brett loses in game one with 4 interception game
Needs time to mull over retirement
Says he'll play next year
Says he's retired
Unretires
Retires
Eventually camp starts and whispers of him coming back begin. He doesn't come back this time.
Jets have no QB
Packers get star 2nd round pick that plays for next 15 years while Brett rides tractor
End of story

MOBB DEEP
12-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Brett makes the playoffs
Says he's retired
Unretires
Retires
Eventually camp starts and whispers of him coming back begin. He doesn't come back this time.
Jets have no QB
Packers get star 2nd round pick that plays for next 15 years while Brett rides tractor
End of story

LMAO

gex
12-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Get the Jets into the playoffs as they win the division, win in the wild card round, and lose to a better team in the divisional round. Favre will retire after this season. no doubt.

bbbffl66
12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Brett makes the playoffs
Says he's retired
Unretires
Retires
Jets have no QB
End of story

TT trades pick for 2 4th rounders. One of which becomes middle of the road starter. Other cut after 2 years for being useless.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Brett loses to the Ravens or Colts in the 1st round of the playoffs, I'm calling 3 int game.