PDA

View Full Version : Goldy Locks Screwed!

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:58 PM
MAN! how does Manning get in over Rodgers? Rodgers completion percentage is 3% better, 500 more yards, 3 more TD's.... what the heck!

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
and I call Rodgers Goldy Locks.. sometimes I like to spell it LAAAAAWWKS depending on the mood I'm in.

hoosier
12-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Eli > Rodgers = reputation, team record, and performing consistently for more than 11 games. At this time last year you could have made the argument that Eli's rep was based more on his pedigree and last name than on his actual accomplishments, but not so after winning a Superbowl in the way he did against a 16-0 team.

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Eli > Rodgers = reputation, team record, and performing consistently for more than 11 games. At this time last year you could have made the argument that Eli's rep was based more on his pedigree and last name than on his actual accomplishments, but not so after winning a Superbowl in the way he did against a 16-0 team.

but Rodgers stats are so much more pretty than Manning's

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Does he even have blonde hair? lots of guys get in on name. Tommy Harris last year-Favre this year and others. etc etc

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Does he even have blonde hair? lots of guys get in on name. Tommy Harris last year-Favre this year and others. etc etc

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyndi-nichole/2648537518/

its not totally blond but there is a tint.

Oh I wanna make it clear that its not a snide remark at Rodgers. I just don't like Arod is all.

BF4MVP
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Wow..I didn't realize Favre made the Pro Bowl. Just goes to show how much of a popularity contest it is..He's having nowhere near a Pro Bowl-caliber season.

Rodgers' stats are Pro Bowl caliber, but not on a 5-9 team. Take away a Crosby missed FG, few big plays given up late in games by the defense, as well as a few poorly-timed INTs by Rodgers and the Packers are playoff-bound, and he gets in without question.

He seems to get a raw deal though. It always seems like he is able to lead a comeback drive late in a game to tie or take the lead only to have the lead surrendered by the defense a few plays later. It's hard enough for a guy to lead ONE drive like that, let alone TWO...The second one is where he has trouble. I think it'll come with time, though.

He'll make a lot of Pro Bowls over his career..The Packers will win a lot, too.

P.S. Seriously...HOW THE HELL DID FAVRE MAKE THE PRO BOWL??????

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 04:37 PM

The Pro Bowl is, and always has been a joke. Which is why you haven't seen Favre actually play in it in about a decade! People need to just get over it and realize being a pro bowler doesnt mean shit in this league. Its the worst all star game there is!

BF4MVP
12-16-2008, 04:49 PM

The Pro Bowl is, and always has been a joke. Which is why you haven't seen Favre actually play in it in about a decade! People need to just get over it and realize being a pro bowler doesnt mean shit in this league. Its the worst all star game there is!
I agree that it's a joke. Although, I think baseball's makes a case for the worst because the fans have total say over who the starters are (just like basketball, TOTAL popularity contest), and some of the best reserves get screwed because someone from every team has to go...

But the Pro Bowl voting sucks too..Otherwise Woodson have gone in each of his three years in G&G, not only this one..And Harris wouldn't have gone last year (which I think was his worst year as a Packer)..

b bulldog
12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
HOW in the heck did the QB in the AFC get in who is leading the league in pics? Name and recognition?

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Favre will not go anyways.

Patler
12-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Favre will not go anyways.

I think he will go, out of respect for and recognition of his new team and fans.

KYPack
12-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Time to take Deanna and the girls to Hawaii for a week or two.

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Shaq was voted as a starter in an All Star game after being injured and on the bench in a suit for all but FOUR GAMES leading up to that All Star game.

I think Basketball takes the cake on this one.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:48 PM

two words

LOSE AVATAR

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:49 PM

Shaq was voted as a starter in an All Star game after being injured and on the bench in a suit for all but FOUR GAMES leading up to that All Star game.

I think Basketball takes the cake on this one.

magic johnson

BF4MVP
12-16-2008, 09:33 PM

two words

LOSE AVATAR
Why do you care what my avatar is, and why would I change it? Brett Favre the Green Bay Packers quarterback is my favorite athlete of all time. The unretired Brett the Jet version is not. However, when he does retire for good, I will remember him for what he did as a Packer, and not all the unretirement drama. I will remember how great it was watching him play for the Pack whenever I look at the framed autographed Favre PACKERS jersey on my wall.

But right now he's the quarterback of the Jets, and he's not having anywhere near a Pro-Bowl caliber season..I don't think it takes a football expert to realize that.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 09:45 PM

two words

LOSE AVATAR
Why do you care what my avatar is, and why would I change it? Brett Favre the Green Bay Packers quarterback is my favorite athlete of all time. The unretired Brett the Jet version is not. However, when he does retire for good, I will remember him for what he did as a Packer, and not all the unretirement drama. I will remember how great it was watching him play for the Pack whenever I look at the framed autographed Favre PACKERS jersey on my wall.

But right now he's the quarterback of the Jets, and he's not having anywhere near a Pro-Bowl caliber season..I don't think it takes a football expert to realize that.

lifetime achievement

i didnt think he'd make it either but am happy as a lark he did b/c he's my fav too

the tone of your post(s) sounds as if you're MAD he made it when you have him as your avatar. if you liked him as a packer you should or could like him now IMHO (he's the same person that entertained you ALL THAT TIME) unless you're sayn you dont like ex packers....

i dont care that much and am just being silly..its just a thought

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 11:27 PM

two words

LOSE AVATAR

lifetime achievement

i didnt think he'd make it either but am happy as a lark he did b/c he's my fav too

the tone of your post(s) sounds as if you're MAD he made it when you have him as your avatar. if you liked him as a packer you should or could like him now IMHO (he's the same person that entertained you ALL THAT TIME) unless you're sayn you dont like ex packers....

When did he say he didn't like Favre? He doesn't agree with him making the Pro Bowl, nothing wrong with that.

MateoInMex
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Why does anyone ....(fans like us) even give a shit about the Probowl? Who watches that garbage?

The only reason the Probowl exists...at least at this stage is a bullet point for players who will make bonus, or get bigger contracts. The play on the field sucks...noone seems to try hard in an NFL Probowl game.

"What, a free trip to Hawaii and I can spend thousands on booze the day before the game?"

Who cares if a guy gets "snubbed or not"....it's the ProBowl.. Not the Superbowl. I like football ball as much as the next guy, but if people actually sit in front of their TV and make a day out of the freaking NFL Probowl game....you have issues.

cpk1994
12-17-2008, 02:25 AM
P.S. Seriously...HOW THE HELL DID FAVRE MAKE THE PRO BOWL??????I woudln't worry. Favre usually makes up an excuses and doesn't go anyway.

Cheesehead Craig
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Time to take Deanna and the girls to Hawaii for a week or two.
Yeah, because they cannot afford it unless the NFL pays! :lol:

Pacopete4
12-17-2008, 01:46 PM
P.S. Seriously...HOW THE HELL DID FAVRE MAKE THE PRO BOWL??????I woudln't worry. Favre usually makes up an excuses and doesn't go anyway. actually i've never heard an excuse from him... just that he is tired and doesn't want to play after the season and who really blames him but your hatred towards him shows more and more each day..

cpk1994
12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
P.S. Seriously...HOW THE HELL DID FAVRE MAKE THE PRO BOWL??????I woudln't worry. Favre usually makes up an excuses and doesn't go anyway. actually i've never heard an excuse from him... just that he is tired and doesn't want to play after the season and who really blames him but your hatred towards him shows more and more each day..It's not hatred. Its the truth. When was the last time he ever played in the Pro Bowll? How many times have we heard that Favre is skipping the Pro Bowl? It's also funny that you say he has never given an execuse for not playing and procede to list an excuse he has given. Your lack of IQ continues to shine through and shows why you are the village idiot.

MOBB DEEP
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
HOW in the heck did the QB in the AFC get in who is leading the league in pics? Name and recognition?

PLENTY other "snubs" yearly

MOBB DEEP
12-17-2008, 02:09 PM

two words

LOSE AVATAR

lifetime achievement

When did he say he didn't like Favre? He doesn't agree with him making the Pro Bowl, nothing wrong with that.

i said i was just being silly and dont care; i dont agree with his making it either but think it rocks b/c im not mad at favre....and i still think
he sounds almost upset brett made it; but ive been there before....

prsnfoto
12-17-2008, 02:33 PM

two words

LOSE AVATAR

A lot of the voting occurred before the last couple of games where they have been running alot he is always going to throw picks if he had 5 more TD's it would look much better and three weeks ago he had a Completion % over 70 and was looking to set the all-time record he has tailed off like he has the last 3-4 years dude is getting old but I wouldn't say they are NOWHERE near ProBowl numbers. He is also getting credit deserved or not for turning a shitty team into a playoff team much like Rodgers deserved or not is getting some blame for turning a SB favorite into a shitty team. I just prefer to blame TT(twinkle toes) Stock must go too but my sources tell me he has some naughty pictures of TT which explains a lot to me this season! :D

Pugger
12-17-2008, 02:46 PM
The only reason I'm sorry BF was selected is it gives more folks ammo to whine about THE TRADE and frankly I'm sick of it all. You should read the filth on the GB Press-Gazette forums! Calling AR Goldy Locks sounds like some of the crap they post there but they go even further and question his manhood and sexual preference!. :evil:

Gunakor
12-17-2008, 02:48 PM
The only reason I'm sorry BF was selected is it gives more folks ammo to whine about THE TRADE and frankly I'm sick of it all. You should read the filth on the GB Press-Gazette forums! Calling AR Goldy Locks sounds like some of the crap they post there but they go even further and question his manhood and sexual preference!. :evil:

These are the same type of people that will call Rodgers a savior if he makes the playoffs next year, and the greatest thing since sliced bread if he wins a Super Bowl the year after. That's why I don't post there. Their entire outlook for the future is based on the last game played. There's no big picture to them. Thank god they are over there and not here.

gex
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM

two words

LOSE AVATAR

lifetime achievement

i said i was just being silly and dont care; i dont agree with his making it either but think it rocks b/c im not mad at favre....and i still think
he sounds almost upset brett made it; but ive been there before....
I think it rocks that he made it too, learning a new system and all, it must have been quite the challenge for him.
I also think that A-rod should have made it as the 3rd.