PDA

View Full Version : Who Represents the AFC in the Super Bowl?

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Could be fun to take a snapshot right now.

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I've been calling the Steelers for awhile. The Jets would give us a first round pick, but I'm not sure I could handle coming to this site if that happened.

Freak Out
12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I had to go Steelers and the D. The Titans could make a run if they get healthy though.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
ANY so-called packer backer not pulling for brett is WEIRD imo. everybody's grown...

Zool
12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Any so-called Packer Backer pulling for any team but G&G is weird IMO. What if Brett had gone to the Bears or Vikes? Would you root for them then?

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
no, but id want him to do well; thus, "pull for brett"

Zool
12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
If he was in GB I would want another SB. I'm crazy in that I want all other teams to suck I guess.

channtheman
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
ANY so-called packer backer not pulling for brett is WEIRD imo. everybody's grown...

The poll doesn't ask who you want in the Super Bowl, it asks who do you think represents the AFC in the Super Bowl. Totally different questions. That being said, I don't know if I would want the Jets in the SB this year after what has happened and the things that would be said. IMO, the Jets are where they are this year despite BF and not because of him.

I picked the Steelers because they seem to be picking up steam at the right time. The Titans have started to go downhill and the Ravens just had a big loss to the Steelers. The only other team I think might contend for the SB is the Colts as they've won 7 in a row, I think.

Freak Out
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM

This isn't about pulling for anyone. It was a question about who you thought would win.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Any so-called Packer Backer pulling for any team but G&G is weird IMO

plus, since free agency im more inclined to root for other squads a lil bit; im more in to players than orgs and the favre debacle (he WANTED to come back) solidified it for me...

i root for sharper too because IT'S A BUSINESS

Pacopete4
12-16-2008, 06:09 PM
colts-jets champiooship.... colts win :roll:

channtheman
12-16-2008, 06:09 PM

plus, since free agency im more inclined to root for other squads a lil bit; im more in to players than orgs and the favre debacle (he WANTED to come back) solidified it for me...

So are you saying you're not a Packer fan but just a fan of players in the NFL?

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM

Nothing wrong with that. At least it makes it easier to understand where he's coming from sometimes.

That being said, Mobb, If I ever catch you singing praise for Darren Sharper on these forums...
:evil:

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM

This isn't about pulling for anyone. It was a question about who you thought would win.

oops

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 06:56 PM

Nothing wrong with that. At least it makes it easier to understand where he's coming from sometimes.

That being said, Mobb, If I ever catch you singing praise for Darren Sharper on these forums...
:evil:

he he he...

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM

i think it makes more sense to say im more loyal (however one can be loyal to strangers...) to players than i am to teams because trades, etc happen. i want pack to win EVERY game but was really scarred when they dissed my boy

Freak Out
12-16-2008, 07:18 PM

oops

I for one am rooting for old #4.

packerbacker1234
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Any so-called Packer Backer pulling for any team but G&G is weird IMO. What if Brett had gone to the Bears or Vikes? Would you root for them then?

I wouldn't root for them during the season, but if they made the post season and we didn't, why not? I usuall root for NFC North teams in the playoffs, makes our division look better. Heck, I wanted sexy rexy to get a ring instead of peyton manning a couple years back.

So wait, if you pull for ANY OTHER TEAM in the NFL save G&G, your wierd? Wait, were not allowed to watch other teams but our own and root? Odd. I found myself, save the superbowl against the pack, always rooting for the John Elway led Broncos. And why did I root? Because I really liked John Elway. Guess what, I really like Brett Favre, and the reasons for liking him are virtually all because of what he did for the G&G for 16 seasons.

So yeah, I do want to see him do good, and yeah, I do want him to win a ring. I wish it was with us, but hey, that is in the past. All I can do now is hope that one of my favorite players of all times can get his fairy tale ending just like elway.

Gunakor
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Heck, I wanted sexy rexy to get a ring instead of peyton manning a couple years back.

BURN HERETIC!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

sheepshead
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah it was meant to be a call not a wish!

Partial
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Steelers vs. Vikings.

packerbacker1234
12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Heck, I wanted sexy rexy to get a ring instead of peyton manning a couple years back.

BURN HERETIC!!

Please, did you really want to see Manning with a ring? Especially when you knew he was going ot be handed the MVP of the SB when the rest of his team won despite him?

Oh, and Sexy Rexy winning a ring most likely meant he would still be the starter now. You can't tell me that would not be an advantage for us, could you?

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I'd never root for the Bears or Vikings in the Super Bowl. This isn't the Big 10.

MOBB DEEP
12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I'd never root for the Bears or Vikings in the Super Bowl. This isn't the Big 10.

dito

Bossman641
12-16-2008, 09:09 PM

BURN HERETIC!!

Please, did you really want to see Manning with a ring? Especially when you knew he was going ot be handed the MVP of the SB when the rest of his team won despite him?

Oh, and Sexy Rexy winning a ring most likely meant he would still be the starter now. You can't tell me that would not be an advantage for us, could you?

Do you realize that Bear fans would be about 1000 times more obnoxious if they had won the SB?

channtheman
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM

i think it makes more sense to say im more loyal (however one can be loyal to strangers...) to players than i am to teams because trades, etc happen. i want pack to win EVERY game but was really scarred when they dissed my boy

Well I suppose I can understand that. I feel differently in that I am more loyal to the team than any one player but I understand where you are coming from.

Partial
12-16-2008, 10:18 PM

That's true, Minnesota has a respectable team in the NFL :lol: I kid I kid. Kind of.

Gunakor
12-17-2008, 11:40 AM

BURN HERETIC!!

Actually, I did want to see Manning win a ring. He's too good a QB not to have won one. Imagine Favre having to play his entire career with a defense that stinks like ours does this year - he probably wouldn't have a ring either, and I'd hate that just as much. QB's as good as the Mannings or the Favre's or the Brady's deserve a ring and should get one IMO. I'm hoping that Rivers and Cutler have their shot at a ring too, and if Green Bay ever gets this defense in order, Rodgers should get his opportunity as well.

More than that in this case, however, is the fact that Manning won his ring by beating the BEARS. I never, ever, not in a million years would root for the Bears to beat ANYONE in a Super Bowl. That's herecy to Packer fans.

Considering the year Sexy had after his Super Bowl appearance, I'm not convinced he'd be the starter this year anyway. And when he did get PT this year, he didn't do so well. In any case, we beat the Orton led Bears 37-3, so I'm not sure what greater advantage we'd have if Sexy was still the starting QB in Chicago.

MOBB DEEP
12-17-2008, 02:23 PM

BURN HERETIC!!

Actually, I did want to see Manning win a ring. He's too good a QB not to have won one. Imagine Favre having to play his entire career with a defense that stinks like ours does this year - he probably wouldn't have a ring either, and I'd hate that just as much. QB's as good as the Mannings or the Favre's or the Brady's deserve a ring and should get one IMO. I'm hoping that Rivers and Cutler have their shot at a ring too, and if Green Bay ever gets this defense in order, Rodgers should get his opportunity as well.

More than that in this case, however, is the fact that Manning won his ring by beating the BEARS. I never, ever, not in a million years would root for the Bears to beat ANYONE in a Super Bowl. That's herecy to Packer fans.

Considering the year Sexy had after his Super Bowl appearance, I'm not convinced he'd be the starter this year anyway. And when he did get PT this year, he didn't do so well. In any case, we beat the Orton led Bears 37-3, so I'm not sure what greater advantage we'd have if Sexy was still the starting QB in Chicago.

DIG IT..

Pugger
12-17-2008, 03:10 PM
With the Pack out of the playoff hunt my enthusiasm wans. I voted for the Titans but the Steelers will probably get in there instead. But there is no way in h3ll could I stomach cheering for the queens or the bares! I LOVED it when Wrecks and company got wacked in the SB. :lol:

Badgerinmaine
12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Please, did you really want to see Manning with a ring?
I sure did. I've always liked him, always liked the Colts and have never liked the Bears. As a side bonus, it shut up all the "he can't win the big one" yammering from the media ninnies.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2008, 07:11 AM

Anyone rooting AGAINST the Packers is weird. I did that once in my life 20 or so years ago when the Packers were out of it, and the Cowboys, my second favorite team, really needed a win. I've felt dirty ever since whenever I think about it.

Just the same, I see nothing wrong with having a clear second favorite, and even tending to favor some teams over others for whatever reason. I don't know why, but I've always liked the Colts in the AFC. It ain't just rooting for a great team, because I never got into the Patriots like that.

As for continuing to root for Favre, I'm conflicted about that. Early in the season, I was rooting solidly AGAINST him--seeing him as a betrayer of the Packers. Now, that feeling is fading, and every time I hear about his consecutive games and TD passes and yardage, etc., I'm for him. It's kinda similar to when the Braves went south, and Aaron seemed to embrace Atlanta and forget about his years in Milwaukee. I hated him right up until he DHed for the Brewers. The equivalent to that is if Favre retires, and maybe Rodgers gets hurt next year, and Favre comes out of retirement to QB the Packers. If that happens, I sure hope he has more left in the tank than Aaron had with the Brewers.

Yeah, I know this belongs in another thread, but face it, the AFC is boring.

sheepshead
12-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Changing my vote to the Titans-they look very tough.

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I say Colts vs Ny.G. Manning vs Manning with younger Manning winning.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I say Colts vs Ny.G. Manning vs Manning with younger Manning winning.

I don't know about that, the Colts are perhaps the hottest team in football right now. If they ride this wave all the way to the Super Bowl...

Let's just put it this way. I'd hate like hell to be the team that had to play them for the trophy.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I'll stick with my Colts pick, but my NFC pick, the Cowboys', chances are slim and none, and Slim's in line getting his ticket out of town right now.

sheepshead
12-29-2008, 11:11 AM
How cool would it be if Miami ran the table???

Guiness
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
flippin' strange would be what it was if Miami made a run now...

I like the Chargers right now - they've overcome some pretty serious adversity, and have all the pieces.

steve823
12-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Steelers v Panthers

Hope Ravens make it but there offense is too bad to make it far in the playoffs

bobblehead
12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
When the season started I said San Diego, so dammit, I'm sticking with my 8-8 team. Go Bolts.

sheepshead
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
One vote for Baltimore!

cpk1994
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
IMO, the Jets are where they are this year despite BF and not because of him.
Since the time you made the above post, that might not be the case anymore. :lol: