PDA

View Full Version : Criticism of John Walsh/America's Most Wanted

Kiwon
12-16-2008, 05:29 PM
In an announcement, Hollywood (Florida) police finally close the investigation into 6 year-old Adam Walsh's death in 1981. This occasion naturally highlights all the good work that John Walsh, Adam's father, has done for missing and exploited children since his son went missing.

John Walsh is a survivor, a positive role model, an American hero....but then read the criticism of him by an obvious left-wing, academic pinhead that the AP writer just feels the need to include.

Why include the pure BS at the end? :x

.................................................. ..................................................

"For all that went wrong in the probe, the case contributed to massive advances in police searches for missing youngsters and a notable shift in the view parents and children hold of the world.

Adam's death, and his father's activism on his behalf, helped put faces on milk cartons, shopping bags and mailbox flyers, started fingerprinting programs and increased security at schools and stores. It spurred the creation of missing persons units at every large police department.

"In 1981, when a child disappeared, you couldn't enter information about a child into the FBI database. You could enter information about stolen cars, stolen guns but not stolen children," said Ernie Allen, president of the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, co-founded by John Walsh. "Those things have all changed."

It also prompted national legislation to create a national center, database and toll-free line devoted to missing children, and led to the start of "America's Most Wanted," which brought those cases into millions of homes.

What it also did, said Mount Holyoke College sociologist and criminologist Richard Moran, is make children and adults alike exponentially more afraid;

"He ended up really producing a generation of cautious and afraid kids who view all adults and strangers as a threat to them and it made parents extremely paranoid about the safety of their children," Moran said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_re_us/adam_walsh

red
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
yeah, it would be better if kids grew up stupid and didn't know there was anything to fear until they were in a bag in the back of a van

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 05:34 PM
My god, you are either really dense or just so biased that you can't help yourself.

The writer clearly sets up the effects of a botched probe into Adam's death.

For all that went wrong in the probe, the case contributed to massive advances in police searches for missing youngsters and a notable shift in the view parents and children hold of the world.

If you care to disagree with that statement, please present some evidence to the contrary.

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I agree with Kiwon. Why even post the last two sentences?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 05:57 PM

In order to buttress the position that children and parent's view of the world has changed.

But, remind me again why Walsh is above criticism?

Kiwon
12-16-2008, 06:15 PM

In order to buttress the position that children and parent's view of the world has changed.

Do you agree with the comments by Richard Moran (or Moron...any relation to you? :?: )

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 06:27 PM

Do you agree with the comments by Richard Moran (or Moron...any relation to you? :?: )

You don't think parents are more wary nowadays? You don't think that kids are taught to be wary of strangers?

Kiwon
12-16-2008, 06:38 PM

You don't think parents are more wary nowadays? You don't think that kids are taught to be wary of strangers?

You don't think that John Walsh and "America's Most Wanted" has done enormous good?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM

You don't think that John Walsh and "America's Most Wanted" has done enormous good?

Did i or the article suggest that he didn't do enormous good?

Patler
12-16-2008, 07:02 PM

Do the last two sentences not suggest the effect has been negative in that regard? By inference it is a criticism.

hoosier
12-16-2008, 07:04 PM

Maybe because the journalist is trying to point out that shows like Walsh's have contributed to sensationalizing crime and to making us fearful of the unknown. There's a difference between being savvy around strangers and being afraid that anyone who looks like they don't belong in the neighborhood is really an axe murderer. And the journalist is arguing that Walsh's show contributes to erasing that distinction, while at the same time turning other people's suffering into entertainment (that's my take, not the author's).

Freak Out
12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
John Walsh is a survivor, a positive role model, an American hero....but then read the criticism of him by an obvious left-wing, academic pinhead that the AP writer just feels the need to include.

Why include the pure BS at the end? :x

Just more name calling by you Kiwon. It is good that the Walsh family gets to put at least a part of the horrible story to rest but you of course take your criticism of a part of the article to extremes. I don't agree with what Moran said but there is no reason so start the typical name calling "liberal" bashing.

HarveyWallbangers
12-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Just more name calling by you Kiwon.

I tend to agree with this also. Kiwon would have been better off just stating that he didn't feel the last two sentences were pertinent. Still, I don't think they needed to "balance out" the story with the quote from the esteemed sociology professor from Mount Holyoke Colledge.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 07:21 PM

Do the last two sentences not suggest the effect has been negative in that regard? By inference it is a criticism.

Well, that would depend on how you view things. If being more afraid keeps us safe isn't that good? Or, is it bad?

In the end, it is quite valid to present all the good things that have come from Adam's death as well as some of the negative. After all, Mr. Walsh isn't just a talking head, he is the producer of America's Most Wanted. He is in Television..and Television and the way it presents things is certainly not above criticism.

If the article delved into his personal life..for example, Mr. Walsh was known for his womanizing ways and his wife did reconcile after filing..well, that would certainly be out of place in that article.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 07:26 PM

I tend to agree with this also. Kiwon would have been better off just stating that he didn't feel the last two sentences were pertinent. Still, I don't think they needed to "balance out" the story with the quote from the esteemed sociology professor from Mount Holyoke Colledge.

There seems to be some sort of potshots being taken on Dr. Moran. Dr. Moran is a well known expert in criminology.

Freak Out
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
This tells you how much TV I watch...I have never seen the show.....Just not my cup of tea.....so I have no idea how they "put fear into the hearts of Americans" with how the show is produced. But it shouldn't take much considering how many wackos there are in this country committing heinous crimes. Some very good lessons to be learned in all of this I'm sure.....

Kiwon
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM

Maybe because the journalist is trying to point out that shows like Walsh's have contributed to sensationalizing crime and to making us fearful of the unknown. There's a difference between being savvy around strangers and being afraid that anyone who looks like they don't belong in the neighborhood is really an axe murderer. And the journalist is arguing that Walsh's show contributes to erasing that distinction, while at the same time turning other people's suffering into entertainment (that's my take, not the author's).

:whaa: Yhello, if the author wants to make those points then he can write exactly what you did!

The focus of the article is the conclusion of the Adam Walsh investigation.

And then, secondarily, John Walsh's contributions to preventing crime are mentioned.

The writer is emblematic of this very shallow consciousness today that positive has to be balanced with negative, praise balanced with criticism. Good cannot just stand on its own.

The last two sentences in the article serve no productive purpose (other than to indirectly warn parents not to send their kids to Mount Holyoke College).

Patler
12-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I guess it would depend on whether or not you agree with the premise, that we have produced "a generation of cautious and afraid kids who view all adults and strangers as a threat to them and it made parents extremely paranoid about the safety of their children," I do not. Have some gone overboard? Probably. Has the whole generation or even a significant part of it? No.

Kiwon
12-16-2008, 07:33 PM

Okay. I have been scolded. :oops:

I was angry, but that's a poor excuse.

I apologize to any left-wing, academic pinheads that I might have offended. :P

Okay, I'll clean up my act and play nice. It's almost Christmas. :)

Patler
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 07:41 PM

:whaa: Yhello, if the author wants to make those points then he can write exactly what you did!

And then, secondarily, John Walsh's contributions to preventing crime are mentioned.

The writer is emblematic of this very shallow consciousness today that positive has to be balanced with negative, praise balanced with criticism. Good cannot just stand on its own.

The last two sentences in the article serve no productive purpose (other than to indirectly warn parents not to send their kids to Mount Holyoke College).

The focus of the article is not the conclusion of the investigation. That is your interpretation.

The writer touches on many things, the walsh's, the bad investigation, the ramifications, etc. Sorry, that you dont' understand how one murdered boy changed the U.S. in ways that are good and bad.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-16-2008, 07:47 PM
I guess it would depend on whether or not you agree with the premise, that we have produced "a generation of cautious and afraid kids who view all adults and strangers as a threat to them and it made parents extremely paranoid about the safety of their children," I do not. Have some gone overboard? Probably. Has the whole generation or even a significant part of it? No.

You obviously aren't in mainstream society then. Parents are much more cautious. From background checks on employees of families to monitoring equipment surreptiously employed.

At least twice a year we have news magazines warning us that our parenting of young children is working and that they can be easily lured away by friendly strangers.

There is a whole school of teaching regarding stranger danger.

Do a google on it. they teach it in school.

http://www.mcgruff.org/Advice/stranger_danger.php

Patler
12-17-2008, 01:57 AM

You obviously aren't in mainstream society then. Parents are much more cautious. From background checks on employees of families to monitoring equipment surreptiously employed.

At least twice a year we have news magazines warning us that our parenting of young children is working and that they can be easily lured away by friendly strangers.

Well, you obviously do not live everywhere, nor can you speak for an entire generation. Besides, even if "stranger-danger" is taught everywhere (and it is definitely not taught everywhere) that in and of itself does not mean the generation is paranoid. In fact, being prepared and knowing how to deal with situations instills confidence and lessens paranoia. Teaching math to all students doesn't mean they are all math geniuses. Teaching "stranger-danger" to all would not make them all paranoid.

And...yes, I am very much in mainstream society, have been involved in community activities for kids, in schools, the whole deal that goes with a very middle society life that is extremely family and child oriented. Sure, SOME parents are paranoid and tend to pass it on to their kids. Others are just as oblivious to their surroundings as always. Some even too much so. To blanket a whole generation with an attitude because of extreme beliefs of only some is ridiculous.. If you do not see both attitudes, I have to wonder how cloistered your life is. You may not be as mainstream as you might think.

Kiwon
12-17-2008, 02:00 AM

The focus of the article is not the conclusion of the investigation. That is your interpretation.

Article link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_re_us/adam_walsh
Article Title: Fla. police close books on '81 Walsh killing

I guess next that you are going to tell me that the record cold temps and decreased sun spot activity are irrefutable proof that global warming is a man-made phenomenon.

Partial
12-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Some of you guys will fight over anything. The last two lines were unnecessary.

swede
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Maybe because the journalist is trying to point out that shows like Walsh's have contributed to sensationalizing crime and to making us fearful of the unknown...

Nuh uh.

The journalist quoted Moran explicitly saying that Walsh was the CAUSE of fear in parents and children with the implication that such fears are incorrectly held and harmful to people and society.

Being afraid of monsters under the bed is irrational because the fear is unfounded.

Staying awake with a loaded gun in your hands because you're afraid of burglars is a disproportionate response to real danger.

Locking your doors and windows is a proportionate and rational response to a real danger that you cannot control outside of precautionary actions.

Most exploited children are abused by friends or relatives, but we have had sex offenders arrested in this community that selected unknown, random victims. It does happen.

I face a challenge in communicating the real dangers of exploitation to children without provoking disproportionate responses or implanting fears that compromise their pursuit of happiness. Since they believe I would never instruct them in something that doesn't have utility or meaning in their lives I am very cautious about balancing vigilance and trust.

Earlier this week one of my former students was walking to school when two men approached in an SUV and called them over. The child and his friend ran to school and told the principal who called the police.

I figure, since the temperature was minus ten windchill, the dudes felt sorry for the kids and wanted to give them a lift. I told my students as much. But I also told them that the two boys had done the right thing. The message needed to be clear: there was probably no danger at all, but the rule of not accepting rides from strangers must not be broken. Don't be afraid--behave responsibly.

I know that two lines in an article seem like a small thing for certain of us to become upset about, but conservatives are sensitive to the fact that all information needs to be run through the media's left wing filter before disbursement to the public.

hoosier
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Maybe because the journalist is trying to point out that shows like Walsh's have contributed to sensationalizing crime and to making us fearful of the unknown...
Nuh uh.

The journalist quoted Moran explicitly saying that Walsh was the CAUSE of fear in parents and children with the implication that such fears are incorrectly held and harmful to people and society.

Being afraid of monsters under the bed is irrational because the fear is unfounded.

Staying awake with a loaded gun in your hands because you're afraid of burglars is a disproportionate response to real danger.

Locking your doors and windows is a proportionate and rational response to a real danger that you cannot control outside of precautionary actions.

Most of the children I have seen exploited were abused by friends or relatives, but we have had sex offenders arrested in this community that selected unknown, random victims. It does happen.

I face a challenge in communicating the real dangers of exploitation to children without provoking disproportionate responses or implanting fears that compromise their pursuit of happiness. Since they believe I would never instruct them in something that doesn't have utility or meaning in their lives I am very cautious about balancing vigilance and trust.

Earlier this week one of my former students was walking to school when two men approached in an SUV and called them over. The child and his friend ran to school and told the principal who called the police.

I figure, since the temperature was minus ten windchill, the dudes felt sorry for the kids and wanted to give them a lift. I told my students as much. But I also told them that the two boys had done the right thing. The message needed to be clear: there was probably no danger at all, but the rule of not accepting rides from strangers must not be broken. Don't be afraid--behave responsibly.

I know that two lines in an article seem like a small thing for certain of us to become upset about, but conservatives are sensitive to the fact that all information needs to be run through the media's left wing filter before disbursement to the public.

The article quotes exactly one sentence from Moran, and it comes pretty much out of the blue. Just to be clear, I agree that the criticism of Walsh's show is out of place and doesn't belong in this article, which is really about a grieving father getting as close to closure as he's going to get. The criticism is thematically inconsistent and in bad taste to boot.

That said, I really can't blame Moran, as the original poster tried to do, since it's impossible to say whether Moran is being quoted fairly or not, and because his criticism is not in itself in bad taste. Judging from the overall quality of the article, though, I wouldn't be too surprised is Moran's words are being taken out of context. At the very least I think it's fair to assume that he doesn't really think that Walsh himself is the sole and sufficient "cause" of the paranoia that Moran thinks he sees. It's more like Walsh's TV program is a symptom of a widespread phenomenon. But if your ideology conflicts with the criticism, I suppose it's easy to dismiss it by reading it too literally.

In any case, it sounds to me like when we get beyond the cultural wars between conservatives, academics and the media, the real and only meaningful disagreement is over whether or not a culture of disproportionate fear of strangers really prevails or not. My sense is that it's not nearly as strong or widespread as Moran seems to indicate.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ADAM_WALSH?SITE=MOSTP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Adam Walsh case transformed missing kid searches
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) -- The abduction happened 27 years ago, at a time when parents routinely left their children playing in the toy store, unattended, and continued shopping.

But when Reve Walsh returned to pick up her 6-year-old son, he wasn't there. Over the mall loudspeaker, the plea came: "Adam Walsh, please come to customer service."

Two weeks later, fishermen discovered the boy's severed head in a canal 120 miles away from the Hollywood mall. His body was never found.

The case led to advances in police searches for missing youngsters and a notable shift in the view parents and children have of the world.

On Tuesday, police closed their investigation. They said a serial killer who died more than a decade ago in prison was responsible for Adam's death. They admitted making crucial errors in the case and apologized to the Walshes.

But Adam's death, and his father's transformation from a hotel developer to an activist, helped put missing children's faces on milk cartons and in mailboxes, started fingerprinting programs and increased security at schools and stores.

It spurred the creation of missing persons units at every large police department. And it prompted legislation to create a national center, database and toll-free line devoted to missing children. It also prompted the television program "America's Most Wanted," hosted by John Walsh, which brought such cases into millions of homes.

"In 1981, when a child disappeared, you couldn't enter information about a child into the FBI database. You could enter information about stolen cars, stolen guns but not stolen children," said Ernie Allen, president of the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which was co-founded by John Walsh. "Those things have all changed."

Jim Larson of Orlando witnessed the effects of John Walsh's work. His wife, Carla, was abducted in a grocery store parking lot one afternoon in 1997 and was raped and strangled. He credits "America's Most Wanted" with catching her killer.

"Maybe, eventually, they would have gotten there," Larson said of police. "But it seemed like right after the show aired, calls were coming in and leads were followed and they got him."

The man convicted in the killing, John Huggins, is now on Florida's death row.

Others are more hesitant to dole out credit. John Walsh's efforts, said Mount Holyoke College sociologist and criminologist Richard Moran, have made children and adults exponentially more afraid of the world.

"He ended up really producing a generation of cautious and afraid kids who view all adults and strangers as a threat to them and it made parents extremely paranoid about the safety of their children," Moran said.
Police closed the case without any new evidence or even anyone they could charge with the crime.

"For 27 years, we've been asking who can take a 6-year-old boy and murder and decapitate him. We needed to know. We needed to know," said John Walsh. "The not knowing has been a torture, but that journey's over."

Police said the man long considered the lead suspect, Ottis Toole, was conclusively linked to the murder, but largely with circumstantial evidence.

"Our agency has devoted an inordinate amount of time seeking leads to other potential perpetrators rather than emphasizing Ottis Toole as our primary suspect," said Hollywood Police Chief Chadwick Wagner. "Ottis Toole has continued to be our only real suspect."

The Walshes, on network TV morning shows Wednesday, said they were grateful that Wagner had launched a fresh review of the investigation after taking over the department last year and finally ended the case.

"This helped us close a chapter. No closure, I hate that word. It's about justice. It's not about revenge or vigilantism," John Walsh said on ABC's "Good Morning America.".

Reve Walsh, on NBC's "Today" show, added: "You never get over it. It's like losing a limb. You just live without it and try to get around it."

Authorities made a series of errors over the years, losing the bloodstained carpeting in Toole's car - preventing DNA testing - and the car itself.

In 1997, Adam's father, John Walsh, released the book "Tears of Rage," that criticized the police department's work.

"So many mistakes were made," he said. "It was shocking, inexcusable and heartbreaking."

John Walsh has long thought Toole was responsible, saying investigators found a pair of green shorts and a sandal similar to what Adam was wearing when he was abducted.

"I have no doubt," John Walsh said. "I've never had any doubt."

Toole confessed to the killing, but later recanted. He claimed hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions were lies. Toole's niece told John Walsh her uncle gave a deathbed confession to the crime.

Toole died in prison of cirrhosis in 1996 at the age of 49. He was serving five life sentences for murders unrelated to Adam's death.

SkinBasket
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM

I've had lights turn themselves on in the middle of the night twice in the past couple months, which leads to the standard sweep of the house with my police baton in hand, then about an hour of staying awake listening for creepy noises. There seem to be three possibilities:

1) A ghost is being a real asshole.

2) Nutz's dad did something to our electrical system that causes electrical impulses to flip the switches.

3) I'm somehow leaving the switches exactly in the half way position at night, and they eventually flip one way or the other - only noticing when they flip on obviously.

4) Someone's breaking in at night, bypassing the security system, turning on lights, then fleeing before I wake up without taking anything.

All three seem unlikely, but honestly #1 seems most likely. Is that in irrational response?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM

I guess next that you are going to tell me that the record cold temps and decreased sun spot activity are irrefutable proof that global warming is a man-made phenomenon.

The term is climate change. Hard to discuss anything with those who can't even get the terminology right.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-17-2008, 03:17 PM
[quote:e0c17342e4="HarveyWallbangers"]

Well, you obviously do not live everywhere, nor can you speak for an entire generation. Besides, even if "stranger-danger" is taught everywhere (and it is definitely not taught everywhere) that in and of itself does not mean the generation is paranoid. In fact, being prepared and knowing how to deal with situations instills confidence and lessens paranoia. Teaching math to all students doesn't mean they are all math geniuses. Teaching "stranger-danger" to all would not make them all paranoid.

And...yes, I am very much in mainstream society, have been involved in community activities for kids, in schools, the whole deal that goes with a very middle society life that is extremely family and child oriented. Sure, SOME parents are paranoid and tend to pass it on to their kids. Others are just as oblivious to their surroundings as always. Some even too much so. To blanket a whole generation with an attitude because of extreme beliefs of only some is ridiculous.. If you do not see both attitudes, I have to wonder how cloistered your life is. You may not be as mainstream as you might think.[/quote:e0c17342e4]

Paranoid is referenced to adults not chilren thus your first paragraph is an argument with yourself.

Generation: Using your critieria we would never have "x, y, boomer, etc." generation.

swede
12-17-2008, 03:39 PM

I've had lights turn themselves on in the middle of the night twice in the past couple months, which leads to the standard sweep of the house with my police baton in hand, then about an hour of staying awake listening for creepy noises. There seem to be three possibilities:

2) Nutz's dad did something to our electrical system that causes electrical impulses to flip the switches.

3) I'm somehow leaving the switches exactly in the half way position at night, and they eventually flip one way or the other - only noticing when they flip on obviously.

4) Someone's breaking in at night, bypassing the security system, turning on lights, then fleeing before I wake up without taking anything.

All three seem unlikely, but honestly #1 seems most likely. Is that in irrational response?

It may not be.

Was your house built over a cemetery, or had someone been abused and murdered in the basement? I've felt the cold chill of a wandering human spirit as it passed through my body and filled me with mortal dread! Such supernatural and paranormal phenomenon are not unknown to me.

It never turned on the lights, though. That part might be Nutz's dad. Did he screw with the electrical panel?

Kiwon
12-17-2008, 04:00 PM

The term is climate change. Hard to discuss anything with those who can't even get the terminology right.

No, sorry, the religious zealots in the Church of Global Warming don't get to change the terms willy-nilly.

"Man-made global warming" was their mantra up until their supporting data was discredited and their false "scientific consensus" exposed.

More fun reading for your enjoyment....

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/12/17/scientists-scoff-at-ap-global-warming-story/

Speaking of hot air. you don't really believe in man-made Global Warming/Climate Change, do you?

What "green" lifestyle changes have you made to help save us all from Al Gore's "frying pan?"

Tyrone Bigguns
12-17-2008, 04:06 PM

No, sorry, the religious zealots in the Church of Global Warming don't get to change the terms willy-nilly.

"Man-made global warming" was their mantra up until their supporting data was discredited and their false "scientific consensus" exposed.

More fun reading for your enjoyment....

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/12/17/scientists-scoff-at-ap-global-warming-story/

Speaking of hot air. you don't really believe in man-made Global Warming/Climate Change, do you?

What "green" lifestyle changes have you made to help save us all from Al Gore's "frying pan?"

From your hotair source..“Global climate change is occurring in many places in the world,” O’Brien said.

:oops:

SkinBasket
12-17-2008, 04:14 PM

It may not be.

Was your house built over a cemetery, or had someone been abused and murdered in the basement? I've felt the cold chill of a wandering human spirit as it passed through my body and filled me with mortal dread! Such supernatural and paranormal phenomenon are not unknown to me.

It never turned on the lights, though. That part might be Nutz's dad. Did he screw with the electrical panel?

Windigo opened my dryer door in the basement once after I mocked a movie version of him. I think he also randomly changed the settings on the dishwasher for a couple months after that. Since we moved, though, nothing supernatural has happened until this light problem. It happens again, and I'm going to throw down the flaming fist of justice on this ghostie ho. How dare it contribute to global warming by leaving my lights on at night?

SkinBasket
12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Or maybe it's Wendigo again. Pissed that I still don't know how to spell his name.

http://www.filmmakermagazine.com/winter2002/features/images/wendigo1.jpg
OOOOohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnndeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegggooooooo!!!!

Kiwon
12-17-2008, 04:21 PM

Com'on....a little transparency here....answer the question.

What are doing to save poor little Kiwon from the big, bad Arctic glacier that melting and going to drown me?

texaspackerbacker
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
I agree with what Patler said here. Teaching "stranger/danger" has a much bigger benefit than downside.

My grandsons, as well as other teen and preteen males I know of, have much more knowledge--healthy, IMO--of what perverts do to boys and why/how to avoid them. This can be looked at as a decline in innocence from earlier generations, but face it, the threat really is greater now than it was then.

At the risk of stirring things up with our politically correct and gay-worshipping leftists in here, I will just say, I blame the promotion of homosexuality in entertainment, etc. for the significant worsening of the problem.