Sun. Aug. 13
Mon. Aug. 14 • 2:00 p.m. - shells
Tues. Aug. 15 • 9:00 a.m. - shells
• 6:30 p.m. - full pads
Wed. Aug. 16 • 2:00 p.m. - full pads
Thurs. Aug. 17 • 9:00 a.m. - shells
• 6:30 p.m. - full pads
Fri. Aug. 18
Sat. Aug. 19 • preseason game vs. Atlanta Falcons - 7:00 p.m.
Sun. Aug. 20
Mon. Aug. 21 • 2:00 p.m. - shells
Tues. Aug. 22 • 9:00 a.m. - shells
• p.m. practice (closed)
Wed. Aug. 23 • closed practice
Thurs. Aug. 24 • 10:30 a.m. - TBD
Fri. Aug. 25 • 10:30 a.m. - full pads
Sat. Aug. 26 • 10:00 a.m. - shells
Sun. Aug. 27
Mon. Aug. 28 • preseason game at Cincinnati Bengals - 7:00 p.m. CDT

ALL PRACTICES CLOSED TO PUBLIC FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON.

Not to early to start making plans. I'm hoping to make a couple of practices, including one night practice. Sure would be great if we had some Packerrats apparel to wear to the practices. (Hint Hint) :wink:

MJZiggy
07-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Joe. Will you be taking pictures for the geographically deprived?

Joemailman
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
I'll leave pictures to the more computer-savvy members. I think Michele is the expert in this area. Haven't heard from her in a while, but I'm sure she'll be at training camp.

4and12to12and4
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey, "Favre4to84" are you going? I know I'm gonna make at least one. Let me know, and we will make it a date. (plutonically speaking) :oops: I'm pretty sure that's not how to spell plutonically :?:

MJZiggy
07-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Unless you're looking for plutonium, I think the word you're looking for is platonic. :wink:

GrnBay007
07-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I thought they had a practice the day of the Shareholders meeting ?? That's the 19th so I guess not, according to the schedule above. Weird...I wonder what all those people will do that are waiting for their tour.

-

GrnBay007
07-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Anyone from here going to the shareholders meeting or Family night?

-

Harlan Huckleby
07-02-2006, 10:29 PM
i'm curious, what does it mean to be a shareholder?

Do you actually get to vote on anything?

GrnBay007
07-02-2006, 10:34 PM
i'm curious, what does it mean to be a shareholder?

Do you actually get to vote on anything?

Yes, but I'm not sure what. I got the tickets from a co-worker and in the packet was a form with the bottem half torn off where they could vote and send it in. I'll ask though.

-

Harlan Huckleby
07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, I always wondered what it really meant, that the Packers are "Publicly Owned". Who ultimately calls the shots - do they have some board of directors?

I guess that, as a practical matters, it just means that the Packers won't leave the state of Wisconsin. But I wonder how much oversite the shareholders have. I guess the executives do whatever they want, and the shareholders and the board (which are their representative) are hands-off.

KYPack
07-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Well, I always wondered what it really meant, that the Packers are "Publicly Owned". Who ultimately calls the shots - do they have some board of directors?

I guess that, as a practical matters, it just means that the Packers won't leave the state of Wisconsin. But I wonder how much oversite the shareholders have. I guess the executives do whatever they want, and the shareholders and the board (which are their representative) are hands-off.

Whoa Harlan,

I thought you knew all this shit.

This from packers.com & my own head

A total of 4,750,925 shares are owned by 111,967 shareholders - none of whom receives any dividend on the initial investment.

The corporation is governed by a board of directors and a seven-member executive committee. To protect against someone taking control of the team, the articles of incorporation prohibit any person from owning more than 200,000 shares.

The event returns to the historic stadium, where it was held the first two years after the 1997-98 stock sale (1998, '99), because more than 5,000 stockholders were turned away from last year's meeting when the nearby Resch Center was deemed to have met its capacity.

The Packer President hires the GM, who in turn hires the coach. All football issues are determined by the coach and GM, but all other issues are decided by the president and exec committee. So stadium expansion and a number of economic issues are out of the control of the GM & coach.

Every year at the shareholders meeting the GM, President, & sometimes the coach address the crowd. Usually on pretty innocuous issue is placed on a ballot for the shareholders to vote on.

I haven’t attended a meeting yet, but I get an invite every year. It includes two tickets to the meet and a proxy ballot for voting on the "issue of the year".

MJZiggy
07-03-2006, 08:39 AM
So what is the issue this year?

KYPack
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
So what is the issue this year?

Don't remember, Zig.

it was no big thing.

I've only voted a couple times.

Once the issue was the big expansion, which they were gonna do come hell or high water, but Harlan wanted the endorsement of the stockholders. I voted "yes" on that one.

FavreChild
07-03-2006, 09:22 AM
You receive a proxy vote on the composition of the Board of Directors. Just like being a shareholder at any other major company, really. Except that everyone just approves what Harlan recommends. There's no controversy.

This year, the order in which you cast your vote determines the order in which you will participate in the tour of Lambeau (inc. locker room, tunnel, field, etc.) following the shareholders meeting on July 19.

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
ok, thanks. Sounds like ..... well, a little like PackerRats :lol:

I think once in a while they should let the Shareholders vote on a football issue, like whether Ahman Carrol starts. Or vote on a game where Aaron Rodgers gets to play.

GrnBay007
07-03-2006, 05:52 PM
This year, the order in which you cast your vote determines the order in which you will participate in the tour of Lambeau (inc. locker room, tunnel, field, etc.) following the shareholders meeting on July 19.

Glad my friend was prompt in sending in the vote then, I think we are 5th or 6th group for the tour out of 20 tours.

Anyone know how long that meeting usually lasts??

-

FavreChild
07-04-2006, 03:13 PM
About an hour. They will go over financials and other basic operational stuff. Then they'll "look forward" to the coming year. John Jones, Harlan, and TT will all speak.

You should be fine in that tour group, 007. Some of the people in the last groups will be waiting a long, long time - maybe even the next day according to the team. You'll have time to eat/poke around town before returning to the stadium for your tour. :cool:

GrnBay007
07-04-2006, 03:18 PM
About an hour. They will go over financials and other basic operational stuff. Then they'll "look forward" to the coming year. John Jones, Harlan, and TT will all speak.

You should be fine in that tour group, 007. Some of the people in the last groups will be waiting a long, long time - maybe even the next day according to the team. You'll have time to eat/poke around town before returning to the stadium for your tour. :cool:

Thanks FC
wow, the tours last that long? I think the meeting starts at 9am. Think we will be ok arriving in GB about 11?

FavreChild
07-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Yes, and yes.

The tours are excellent, if you've seen the itinerary. The organization is not going to rush people through the experience. After all, it's supposed to be the *perk* of being a shareholder. The tours will last well into the night and likely into the next day, also.

GrnBay007
07-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I saw where the shareholders asked for a more "in depth" tour so they were adding features this year. The only one they specified is the locker room....and more, and to be sure to bring your camera.

KYPack
07-05-2006, 03:24 PM

:cool:

I think you can scratch Jones, FC.

He's recovering from a heart bypass operation.

Have fun, 007!

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 04:10 PM
You mean they're not going to prop Jones up at the podium so he can speak? He's our team President. This is an outrage!!

FavreChild
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Well, my point was to paint a picture of what typically happens. I would not completely count out JJ, though - he is quite a guy.

007, you can find the whole skinny at http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/06/07/1/.

Looking forward to all our "fan on-the-scene" reports from TC.

GBRulz
07-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I'll go to a couple practices of TC. I usually stay away though, too many damn tourists for me :mrgreen:

Fosco33
07-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Just got my tickets for the first preseason game vs. the Chargers on 8/12. Good seats, too - 50 yrd line on the Packers side. I know it's preseason but still - should be a good time. :D

GBRulz
07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
that's awesome, Fosco! the great thing about Lambeau is that there really isn't a bad seat anywhere!

I got my postcard in the mail for the Brown County ticket drawing. My randomly assigned game is against Arizona on Oct 29. As of right now I'm going to that game and the finale against the Queens.

Fosco33
07-05-2006, 09:14 PM
that's awesome, Fosco! the great thing about Lambeau is that there really isn't a bad seat anywhere!

I got my postcard in the mail for the Brown County ticket drawing. My randomly assigned game is against Arizona on Oct 29. As of right now I'm going to that game and the finale against the Queens.

I wish it was at Lambeau - it's at San Diego :wink:

GBRulz
07-05-2006, 10:14 PM

I wish it was at Lambeau - it's at San Diego :wink:

Ohhhh, i didn't realize that. oh hell, you have a view of the players...er, nm. Just looking into my hindsight opinions again :wink:

GrnBay007
07-05-2006, 11:15 PM

:cool:

I think you can scratch Jones, FC.

He's recovering from a heart bypass operation.

Have fun, 007!

Thanks KYPack

If I get some good pics I'll see if Mad will help me out with posting them on here.

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks KYPack

"If I get some good pics I'll see if Mad will help me out with posting them on here."

Then - can we go camping? :mrgreen:

Joemailman
07-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'll go to a couple practices of TC. I usually stay away though, too many damn tourists for me :mrgreen:

Oh, well excuuuuuuuuuuse me for being just a damn tourist. I guess we're just second class citizens because we don't live close enough to be a Favre stalker 6 months a year. You holier-than-thou elitist Green Bay people really burn me up. :evil: :evil: :evil: :razz:

GBRulz
07-08-2006, 10:43 PM

Oh, well excuuuuuuuuuuse me for being just a damn tourist. I guess we're just second class citizens because we don't live close enough to be a Favre stalker 6 months a year. You holier-than-thou elitist Green Bay people really burn me up. :evil: :evil: :evil: :razz:

At least you know where you stand. Now, go back and play at Showtime :razz:

Bretsky
07-08-2006, 11:26 PM

At least you know where you stand. Now, go back and play at Showtime :razz:

Dang I'm a tourist too; you've bummed me out and have driven me to go watch Gal lovin Gal Shows on this Saturday evening at 11:30PM. You've pushed me to the bright ways again :mrgreen: