PDA

View Full Version : John Walker Lindh seeks Bush pardon...

SkinBasket
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
And can suck my cock. This guy serves less than 7 years on a 20 year sentence after some thought he should be executed as a traitor and he wants out?

Taliban soldier John Walker Lindh seeks Bush pardon in killing of CIA agent from Alabama
Posted by Associated Press and Birmingham News November 28, 2008 3:06 PM

WASHINGTON -- Historically stingy with granting pardons, President George W. Bush is facing a flood of requests on his way out of the White House.

Among the more than 2,000 people who have applied is American-born Taliban soldier John Walker Lindh, who is asking for a shortened sentence.

Lindh pleaded guilty to one federal charge in a plea agreement in July 2002.

The nine charges originally filed against him included a murder conspiracy role in the slaying of Americans such as of CIA agent Johnny Michael Spann, 32, of Winfield, Ala., who was killed in a Nov. 21, 2001, uprising at an Afghan prison where Lindh and others had been sent after their capture.

Spann and another CIA agent had interrogated Lindh, who wouldn't talk, shortly before the uprising.

Lindh in the plea agreement said he would cooperate with questioning by federal agents. In return he received a maximum 20-year sentence. Lindh sought a commutation in 2007 but the request was rejected by the Justice Department.

Last week, Bush issued 14 pardons and commuted two sentences -- all for small-time crimes such as minor drug offenses, tax evasion and unauthorized use of food stamps. That brought his eight-year total to 171 pardons and eight commutations granted.

That is less than half as many as President Bill Clinton or President Ronald Reagan issued. Both were two-term presidents, like Bush.

A pardon is an official act of forgiveness that removes civil liabilities stemming from a criminal conviction. A commutation reduces or eliminates a person's sentence.

One Washington lawyer whose clients are directly pursuing the White House for pardons -- rather than applying to the Justice Department -- said Bush is expected to issue two more rounds of pardons: one right before Christmas, as is customary, and one right before he leaves office on Jan. 20.

texaspackerbacker
12-17-2008, 04:46 PM
We should have just turned him over to the Afghan government. If that wouldn't give him some appreciation for all things America, nothing would.

LL2
12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I recall this guy...he needs to sit in jail for the full term.

sheepshead
12-17-2008, 05:07 PM
The only slack I'll give this kid is his Dad went 'mo a few years earlier, that would screw anybody up.

texaspackerbacker
12-17-2008, 05:11 PM
The only slack I'll give this kid is his Dad went 'mo a few years earlier, that would screw anybody up.

'mo as in "homo"? Or something else?

sheepshead
12-17-2008, 05:13 PM

'mo as in "homo"? Or something else?

yeah

Tyrone Bigguns
12-17-2008, 05:16 PM

Your dad is a mo?

Kiwon
12-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Place you bets that President Obama will eventually pardon "The American Taliban."

digitaldean
12-17-2008, 09:58 PM
All I got to say is this...

If the Border Agents Ramos and Compean DON'T get pardoned or their sentences commuted and this piece of rat filth does, then it will be a spit in the face of all who fight to keep our borders safe.

MJZiggy
12-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Good point. They should have been pardoned immediately upon conviction.

sheepshead
12-18-2008, 07:52 AM
All I got to say is this...

If the Border Agents Ramos and Compean DON'T get pardoned or their sentences commuted and this piece of rat filth does, then it will be a spit in the face of all who fight to keep our borders safe.

yep-good point-I have forgotten about those guys- Come on dubya!