PDA

View Full Version : Donald Driver

denverYooper
12-18-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/36357049.html

"And I'm still working," said Driver. "It's still a goal. I want to play five more years, and I'm hoping within those next five years I can get to where I want to be - in a Super Bowl."

Dammit, I love Driver. He's come up with a lot of big plays this year in the clutch when he's given the chance and IMO has shown great leadership on the field.

I hope he gets his wish :).

Tarlam!
12-18-2008, 11:35 AM
It's a feel good article with stats mixed in. Nothing with any flesh.

But, I also love DD.

Packers4Ever
12-18-2008, 08:29 PM
You beat me to it, dY, very nice article indeed.

But this year he seems to be getting lost in the shuffle.,

seldom called on, no matter how valuable he still is.

I guess it's all part of the game.....

Noodle
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I have to say that DD has been, without question, my favorite Packer over the past seven years or so, and yeah, that includes the Favre years.

No player has shown more heart and dedication to the team. He is the guy we should be celebrating, rather than crying over the fate of BF. He'll drop some that he shouldn't, but he'll catch far more that he shouldn't, and turn them in to sick gains.

And he does it over the middle, where only the warriors dare to tread.

MJZiggy
12-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Well said, Noodle...

Joemailman
12-19-2008, 08:36 AM
You beat me to it, dY, very nice article indeed.

But this year he seems to be getting lost in the shuffle.,

seldom called on, no matter how valuable he still is.

I guess it's all part of the game.....

Donald has a shot at another 1000 yard season, so I wouldn't exactly say he's
seldom called on. However, it does seem that perhaps Arod doesn't go to him in key situations as much as Favre did. Not sure if this is actual reality, or frustration from a losing season. Great thing about Donald is that you won't hear him complain about not getting the ball enough. There is no player I've ever respected more.

Packers4Ever
12-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Joe, I didn't realize Donald had reached that far up

in yds. We are fortunate to still have him here with all bones,

muscles etc...still intact !

Bears will still suck on Monday night !! :P

RashanGary
12-19-2008, 05:06 PM
He should be #1 on the all time Packer receptions list next year (he'll only need a couple dozen to break it)

He'll need two good years after this year to pass Lofton as the #1 in all time yards. He'll easily be #2.

He'll never pass Hutson on touchdowns (99 freaking TD's in that era!!) but he could get to 4th place with a couple good years (he has 42, needs 51 to be alone in 4th).

My prediction is when he's done he'll finish as:

#1 all time Packers receptions
#1 all time Packers receiving yards
#4 all time Packers touchdowns

A truely GREAT career Packer and underrated player even if he did make a couple probowls.

KYPack
12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, great post Noodle.

DD is now my favorite Packer.

I hadn't thought about who my favorite Packer in this Godawful, unlucky, Jinx ass season.

Ya know, there's never been a year where some player hasn't kept that flame of the Packer spirit alive, no matter how bad things have gotten.

This year DD is one of the guys with his hand on the base of that torch.

Pugger
12-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I love DD too!!!!! :hrt: It will be too fun to watch him play for the Green and Gold for 5 more years!!! :worship:

PaCkFan_n_MD
12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
DD is one of my favorite players ever. I love the guys heart and passion for the game. Sorry to say I don't see TT keeping him around after his contract expires with all the young talent he has drafted at Wr.

GrnBay007
12-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I love DD....and really miss seeing Favre carry him off the field over his shoulder. :(