PDA

View Full Version : Rastak was this you????

packinpatland
12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Now we know how you really feel about Brett Favre :lol:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/33762-brett-favre-for-president-one-minnesota-voter-wanted-it?eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

Brett Favre for President? One voter took that initiative.

FiveThirtyEight.comStat junkies know Nate Silver as the guy who invented and popularized PECOTA, a system for forecasting the performance of Major League Baseball players. But over the past year, the native Chicagoan expanded his cottage prognostication industry to the political realm with FiveThirtyEight.com, a blog which uses PECOTA-like methods for predicting election results.

Silver's latest post is related to the ongoing Al Franken-Norm Coleman recount in Minnesota's U.S. Senate election.

It seems somebody wrote in a vote for Brett Favre for president.

"Yesterday, the Franken campaign challenged this ballot, claiming that 'Brett Favre' was an identifying mark," Silver writes. "The Canvassing Board rejected the challenge and awarded the vote to Coleman."

Score one for the Republicans

Rastak
12-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Now we know how you really feel about Brett Favre :lol:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/for_the_record/posts/33762-brett-favre-for-president-one-minnesota-voter-wanted-it?eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI

Brett Favre for President? One voter took that initiative.

FiveThirtyEight.comStat junkies know Nate Silver as the guy who invented and popularized PECOTA, a system for forecasting the performance of Major League Baseball players. But over the past year, the native Chicagoan expanded his cottage prognostication industry to the political realm with FiveThirtyEight.com, a blog which uses PECOTA-like methods for predicting election results.

Silver's latest post is related to the ongoing Al Franken-Norm Coleman recount in Minnesota's U.S. Senate election.

It seems somebody wrote in a vote for Brett Favre for president.

"Yesterday, the Franken campaign challenged this ballot, claiming that 'Brett Favre' was an identifying mark," Silver writes. "The Canvassing Board rejected the challenge and awarded the vote to Coleman."

Score one for the Republicans

No, I can't take credit. That is funny though!

prsnfoto
12-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Actually I wrote in Favre and Driver as VP as a protest to the lack of qualified candidates so I wrote in two cool guys who have no business being President. It is a lot like the other bozos we get to chose from minus the cool part.

oregonpackfan
12-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Any state(MN) that would elect a professional wrestler for Governor would surely elect a football player to be President! :)

Badgerinmaine
12-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Any state(MN) that would elect a professional wrestler for Governor would surely elect a football player to be President! :)
When they had the chance, though, they voted for Carter over Ford. :-)

I've been a beneficiary (if you want to call it that) of some protest votes. In 2006, the state senate district where I am a college professor had a matchup between an amiable but very conservative Republican anathema to many of my students, and an amiable but dimwitted ninny of a Democrat (who famously said "I don't know too much about the issues in the state. I've pretty much been in a cave the last 11 years"). Six of my Democratic students later told me that they refused to vote for either and wrote in me EVEN THOUGH I DON'T LIVE IN THE DISTRICT. Now that's pull. :-)