PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eats...

GrnBay007
12-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Last year I asked for advise on making Prime Rib. My first attempt and it turned out great.

This year I'm not cooking the main meal....woohoo!!

Bringing a side dish and an appetizer. One of the things I want to bring this year is stuffed mushrooms. Anyone a pro at making them and can lend a recipe? I love the stuffed mushrooms at Olive Garden.

What is everyone cooking for Christmas dinner? Any great recipes you can pass along? ....esp. for stuffed mushrooms? :D

Freak Out
12-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Last year I asked for advise on making Prime Rib. My first attempt and it turned out great.

Bringing a side dish and an appetizer. One of the things I want to bring this year is stuffed mushrooms. Anyone a pro at making them and can lend a recipe? I love the stuffed mushrooms at Olive Garden.

What is everyone cooking for Christmas dinner? Any great recipes you can pass along? ....esp. for stuffed mushrooms? :D

Back straps from Sitka Black Tail deer and king crab....no need for side dish's.....only dessert :lol:

GrnBay007
12-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Back straps from Sitka Black Tail deer and king crab....no need for side dish's.....only dessert :lol:

Mmmm....u lucky dawg! :D

GBRulz
12-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I made stuffed mushrooms before. They are the most PITA appetizer that I've ever made before. Carving out the mushrooms takes forever. If you carve them too thin, the break open while cooking. If you don't carve them too thick, then you can't fit much of the stuffing in the mushroom. Like I said...PITA..PAIN IN THE ASS :)

I've made them once with Italian sausage and once with stuffed crab. Both were very good. Sorry, I'm not much help though for the recipe as I found both online and didn't save them. I just had to put my 2 cents in about how time consuming they are to make...LOL

packinpatland
12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
..........you sure you didn't put oysters in them? :lol:

Joemailman
12-20-2008, 08:21 PM

Is this what you're looking for? http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp?id=42

MJZiggy
12-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Could always just go to the Olive Garden and pick up an order or two... :lol:

(she says that only because she has no idea how to make them...)

packinpatland
12-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Looks 'decadent'........2 cups of heavy cream :shock:

Joemailman
12-20-2008, 09:47 PM

We want her to learn how to make them so we'll have them at next year's Poster game. :clap:

GrnBay007
12-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Looks 'decadent'........2 cups of heavy cream :shock:

wow! no wonder why they taste so good. There goes that favorite. :(

Everything that taste good is bad!!! :evil:

Well at least I won't be let down now when my stuffed mushrooms don't taste like Olive Garden. But at least I will feel better about eating them...lol

GrnBay007
12-20-2008, 09:55 PM

We want her to learn how to make them so we'll have them at next year's Poster game. :clap:

Hey, I'll make something for a pre-game get together....but it's not going to be stuffed mushrooms!

Chips and dip? :P

Went to a game a couple weeks ago (Houston game) and it was the first time I was at Lambeau in 3 yrs.....was way overdue. Got the fever now, no way I'm missing the next posters game. :D

Iron Mike
12-20-2008, 11:38 PM
It's gonna be ham with cheesy hash browns and swiss vegetable medley 12/25 at Casa del Miguel this year.