PDA

View Full Version : Going to Green Bay! Help Please!

BallHawk
07-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Ok, so after countless hours of debating and convincing, my parent's are finally gonna drive up to Wisconsin. I'm gonna vist my childhood town of Whitefish Bay and see some Brewer games, but then I'm going to Green Bay. AT LAST!!

I'm gonna be going for two or three days, at the beginning of August and was wondering a few things?

Hotels?
Restauraunts?
Unrelated Packer things?
Things to check out?

Gonna be spending most of my time at Lambeau and the practices, but a little help would be appreciated? Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

CaptainKickass
07-03-2006, 11:00 AM
1. Packer Hall of Fame/ Lambeau Field
2. Brett Favre Steakhouse
3. Anduzzi's

KYPack
07-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Email or put out a cyberplea to GB Michele.

She's the PackerRats.com GB Packer Tour Guide Queen.

She's one savvy local and knows the best scoop on bars, rests., & local sites. She's been kinda out of pocket lately, but she'll come to the rescue, if I know our girl.

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2006, 11:36 AM
I found this thread title pretty funny.

I never thought G.B was that bad.

BallHawk
07-03-2006, 11:48 AM

Yeah, I can see how you could get a different message from the title. LOL.

MadtownPacker
07-03-2006, 05:52 PM
I heard that Barnett's FiveSix Club gets interesting after hours night. :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Make sure you go on the stadium tour Ballhawk.....well worth the 10 bucks or whatever it costs. The schedule for tours is on packers.com

-

Rastak
07-03-2006, 08:48 PM

I cracked up also.....

Bretsky
07-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Ok, so after countless hours of debating and convincing, my parent's are finally gonna drive up to Wisconsin. I'm gonna vist my childhood town of Whitefish Bay and see some Brewer games, but then I'm going to Green Bay. AT LAST!!

I'm gonna be going for two or three days, at the beginning of August and was wondering a few things?

Hotels?
Restauraunts?
Unrelated Packer things?
Things to check out?

Gonna be spending most of my time at Lambeau and the practices, but a little help would be appreciated? Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

ABSOLUTE MUSTS

1 Tour of Stadium
1B- Packer Hall of Fame

Good place for Grub- Texas Roadhouse for Steaks

Many have mentioned Andruzzi's as bar to see

Being an outsider to GB, I'd say you have to stop at the Stadium Sports Bar, which is a few blocks from Lambeau and just a really neat enviroment with cool memorabilla.

the_idle_threat
07-04-2006, 04:59 AM
We're just like a bunch of Wisconsinites ... telling a 16-year-old what bars to visit when he tours Green Bay!

BallHawk
07-04-2006, 08:37 AM
We're just like a bunch of Wisconsinites ... telling a 16-year-old what bars to visit when he tours Green Bay!

I'm not even that, I'm 13!

I appreciate the help. I've already told my african-american to only cross the road at designated area's. :roll:

Bretsky
07-04-2006, 08:45 AM

I appreciate the help. I've already told my african-american to only cross the road at designated area's. :roll:

Oh crap, you're only 13 ? Sorry for the bar references then.

Stadium Tour, Packer Hall of Fame, Brett Favre Steakhouse, and the Texas Roadhouse then.

Cheers,
B

oregonpackfan
07-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Get a schedule of the Packer practices and attend a practice.

When I visitied Green Bay, I was fortunate to watch an authentic practice. I also found it heartwarming to view the traditional practice of the players borrowing the kids bikes to ride back to the lockerrooms. Those kids beamed to have a Packer player ride their bike!

As others have mentioned, see the Packer HOF and take a tour. A visit to the Pro Shop was also interesting.

Oregonpackfan

BallHawk
07-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Oh crap, you're only 13 ? Sorry for the bar references then.

Stadium Tour, Packer Hall of Fame, Brett Favre Steakhouse, and the Texas Roadhouse then.

Cheers,
B

Actually, I love bars. Love the atmosphere, love the smell, love the food. And you meet the strangest of people there. I remember during this season my Dad and I went to a New York style sports bar and we met this real redneck guy and he drank a humongous glass of a Southern Comfort. He got so smashed. He was a Bucs fan and was calling Jon Gruden a queer and telling Chris Simms to, and I quote, "Take a big lick of Carnell Williams pepper sausage." Once again I love bars.

FavreChild
07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Stadium View and Anduzzi's *are* restaurants, too. No problem for our lil' Ball Hawk to take in the atmosphere at the best game-day joints in town.

Probably better to eat at one of those joints than the BF Steakhouse. At BF's you'll want to at least take a look around at all of the memorabilia and ask to see Brett's personal dining room.

SorrowofMaybelle
07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Oops. Wrong thread.

GoPackGo
07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
post of the year---nomination---

BallHawk.quote

"I remember during this season my Dad and I went to a New York style sports bar and we met this real redneck guy and he drank a humongous glass of a Southern Comfort. He got so smashed. He was a Bucs fan and was calling Jon Gruden a queer and telling Chris Simms to, and I quote, "Take a big lick of Carnell Williams pepper sausage."

At 13 his online career is just beginning, but he handles the pressure of public posting like an 8 year vet. I see big things in BallHawks future

BallHawk
07-04-2006, 06:21 PM
LOL. Thanks, I love posting here. Good talk with people who know football. I don't mean to brag, but I'm lightyears ahead of my school in football knowledge, god when I go into sports bar I know more than most people. Mostly everyone here knows what they're talking about. It's so much better to talk to people and talk football without them constantly using the word queer, gay, cock, douchebag, and whore, every other word. And unlike JS people don't have a need to trash everyone's ego. It also gives me an oppurtunity to write about sports, which is good for me. I aspire to be a sports journalist, gotta make it big though 'cuz local journalists don't do to well. I read a lot of Bill Simmons and Rick Reiley. Both good writers with a sense of humor. Simmons makes me laugh every 20 seconds when I read his columns and his book. I love writing and it would be awesome to do as a career. The local newspaper here is actually considering letting me write columns weekly for them which is pretty cool. So until college I guess I'll just keep posting on here. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
07-05-2006, 08:52 AM
And thanks for all the help.

Little Whiskey
07-05-2006, 02:05 PM

is this the P.C. way of saying slave?? :mrgreen:

I believe the state fair is going on in aug. granted that is in MILW, not greenbay. i usually try to make it to a day or two at the fair. but i am a redneck and maybe that its just a redneck thing to do. (well me and murph, but i think his motives are completly different :lol: )

BallHawk
07-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Whoops, I meant to put african-american friends. :oops:

GBRulz
07-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Hiya Hawk! Sounds like you'll be there in the prime of training camp! I hate to say this, but if you don't have your hotel already, you might be SOL. I do have a few places in mind though that aren't big "chain" hotels, but are in close proximity to the stadium. email me or PM me for more info. However, if your current house is on the beach in Naples, I might take a deal in swapping houses for a week. come on..i'm within walking distance of Lambeau :wink:

I think pretty much everyone already suggested the things to do and see here. Definitely do the stadium tour and the HOF, spend some time in the Atrium and see the memorabillia collection at Favre's restaurant.

Stadium View has really gone downhill. The only time that place seems to have a crowd after 10pm is if there is a game the next day. If you want to eat around the stadium, go to Anduzzi's. You DO need to go to kroll's though. They have a huge wall of memorabillia in there. Kroll's is a landmark of the city! Just on the other side of the stadium.

Want a nice steak dinner? go to Lombardi's Steakhouse in downtown Appleton. Just a word of caution though, it's very pricey, but the food is absolutely incredible. Another great place for steak is Texas Road House. Expect a 90 minute wait for dinner though.

if you drive about 45 minutes out of GB to Sturgeon Bay, there is a great state park there on Lake Michigan. Lots of rock formations and sand dunes.

Let's see, what else. Bay Beach. Small amusement park located on the bay. Has rides, also mini-golf and a racetrack. Seems to draw big crowds during the summer.

My picks for the best restaurants in Green Bay:
Angelina (Italian)
Margarita's (Mexican)
Texas Road House (steak)
Mandarin Garden (chinese)

Oh, back to training camp....if you want autographs, find a ShopKo around and buy your memorabillia there vs. at the Packer Pro Shop. You'll get twice as much for your money.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions!

GBM
Part of the Welcome Wagon Tourrets, I mean tourists society of GB :wink:

BallHawk
07-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks a lot GB, it's like having my own travel agent. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
07-06-2006, 01:01 PM

I knew it was something-teen ... but I couldn't remember exactly. :D
Btw---you have very impressive written commincation skills for a 13-year-old. If you want to be a writer someday, you're on the right track.

Whoops, I meant to put african-american friends. :oops:

Thanks for clearing that up! When I read the original comment I thought, :?: :?: :?: They still own African Americans in the south? :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen:

BallHawk
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Idle. :mrgreen:

Noodle
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Lil' Whiskey, I had the same reaction. The young un' must have dropped a "Mom" or "Dad" or "Sister" or "Friend" or "Teacher" or something. Only other plausible interpretation is yours.

I also agree on the state fair. You just gotta go and get a cream puff. You just gotta.

And Bay Beach (http://www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/geninfo/baybeach_web/baybeachhome.html) isn't a swinging richard sports bar, but it's a good place to just hang and do some amusement rides, especially if you have younger siblings.

BallHawk
07-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I defintely need to get myself some cream puffs. Haven't had one of those in 6 years. That is way too long.

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Your very LUCKY ( fortunate) really enjoy that opportunity young fella.

I have a friend from 'the Maritimes' and many times we have fantasized a game in Green Bay.

It begins with Brett Favre meeting us at the airport, with a few cheer leaders with tight jeans on a Wednesday night and after that it gets better.

Usually because we are so charming with the Ladies, we stick it through for back to back home games and then we are caught - urinateing in the parking lot, outside of Nick Barnett's nightclub, with Green Bays finest. Waving batons at us and screaming obsenities and Nick comes to OUR rescue - as long as we promise not to Jay Walk.