PDA

View Full Version : Rouse To Start; Woodson to CB

Joemailman
12-20-2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

I'm glad they're doing this. I never liked the idea of moving a Pro Bowl Corner to Safety, although they may have had no choice due to injuries. Hope Rouse takes advantage of the opportunity.

SnakeLH2006
12-21-2008, 01:58 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

I'm glad they're doing this. I never liked the idea of moving a Pro Bowl Corner to Safety, although they may have had no choice due to injuries. Hope Rouse takes advantage of the opportunity.

I didn't mind Wood at safety...it's his future till he's 38 as he's lost speed but not his savvy. There were just checking out T-Will at CB to see if they part with Al (who I like)...It's like any other job in a shitty economy..can the cheaper dude do well for us...They (TT) is just protecting his neck in the future. Wood does well at safety...Dude will be with us well after Al....32 next year vs. 34 for Al....he'll decline soon, or if not, we are protected at CB with T-Will as a CB and Wood at safety...I have no probs with that. Rouse couldn't touch Wood as a safety. Now or EVER.

wist43
12-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Dah....

I've wanted Rouse on the field more all along. There have been complaints about his being out of position, presnap reads, and overall awareness... and, while a big concern of course, I think it is up to Sanders to find a way to get him on the field.

Athletically, and from a physicality stand point, he could bring a lot of what has been lacking in this defense. Sanders would have to simplify things for him, and put him a position where he can play downhill and aggressively... if he doesn't do that, and tries to fit Rouse in as more of a coverage guy, Rouse will likely flounder, and the defense will suffer b/c of it.

In the end, whether Sanders survives the offseason or not - I suspect he will - Rouse is not a good fit for this scheme. The Packers ask their Safties to do a lot in coverage, not Rouse's strong suit. Rouse has a lot of tools, I doubt he will ever shine in Green Bay though.

texaspackerbacker
12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
This is a good move if Rouse is healthy--and if he ain't, what's the harm at this point of the season anyway.

Woodson was good at Safety, but for some reason, Tramon Williams didn't do the job at Corner like he had been doing it all year.

Rouse seems to have a nose for the ball, and he should--with his size--be able to cover big receivers. I'm not sure about his ability to read the run, but that should come with experience.

KYPack
12-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey, all points of view agree?

Must be a bad thread.

The more reps you can give Rouse the better. He needs the experience. Once he gets his reads down, he'll be a good hand back there. Safety has a long learning curve. It took us several seasons to halfway trust Nick Collins.

Bigby came on strong last season, but Rouse could really develop into a helluva player for us.

denverYooper
12-21-2008, 10:29 AM

Must be a bad thread.

The more reps you can give Rouse the better. He needs the experience. Once he gets his reads down, he'll be a good hand back there. Safety has a long learning curve. It took us several seasons to halfway trust Nick Collins.

Bigby came on strong last season, but Rouse could really develop into a helluva player for us.

Agreed. Get Rouse on the field and get him some experience.

Besides, things can't get much worse for the D right now. Maybe this'll give 'em a little kick in the arse. Maybe not.

That reminds me. Have they scored any defensive TDs since the article about their record "scoring D" pace came out (right before the 'aints game)?

KYPack
12-21-2008, 02:50 PM

Must be a bad thread.

Agreed. Get Rouse on the field and get him some experience.

Besides, things can't get much worse for the D right now. Maybe this'll give 'em a little kick in the arse. Maybe not.

That reminds me. Have they scored any defensive TDs since the article about their record "scoring D" pace came out (right before the 'aints game)?

Don't think so.

We haven't won since the bye, either.

it's a cheery season, ya know?

arcilite
12-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Good.

I love Rouse.

He is a ball hawk and a big hitter