PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

MJZiggy
07-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Was poking around on Brett Favre's website this morning and he is accepting items to sign. To have my pink breast cancer hat signed would cost $125. + $5 in shipping. That seems like a lot of money. Thoughts?

GoPackGo
07-03-2006, 11:28 AM
no way. autographs thru the mail=lame

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2006, 11:34 AM
no way. autographs thru the mail=lame

I don't think so. At least it's not a fake!

Pack0514
07-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Is it a real autograph or a stamp? I was on the site a few months ago because I wanted my #4 jersey sign and the site said they use stamps due to the number of requests. I decided against it. I want the real thing.

woodbuck27
07-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Was poking around on Brett Favre's website this morning and he is accepting items to sign. To have my pink breast cancer hat signed would cost $125. + $5 in shipping. That seems like a lot of money. Thoughts?

Do you really like pink !??

Weigh the cost of that hat against an autographed jersey.

Really weigh the cost of that hat against just a regular Favre jersey and no autograph, and that possibly or sensably will hold more sentimentle value to you.

Harlan Huckleby
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
the site said they use stamps due to the number of requests.

Now THIS is lame!!

But this standard, I have the autograph of Levi Strauss and George Forman, not to mention Fruit of the Loom.

Pack0514
07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
See third section down "Autograph Requests"

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/contact_us/

On a side, it does look like they are have a special private signing where the autographs are real.

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/events/event_20e133494dc8/

BallHawk
07-03-2006, 01:32 PM
I was thinking of buying some autographs of some Packer players a couple months ago, but then I thought...

What is an autograph without a memory behind it? Just a name on a piece of merchandise.

GoPackGo
07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I was thinking of buying some autographs of some Packer players a couple months ago, but then I thought...

What is an autograph without a memory behind it? Just a name on a piece of merchandise.

exactly.
however, i recieved an autographed plaque of Brett favre as a gift from someone very special to me. So the good memory isn't in having an autograph but rather for the person who gave me the gift.

MJZiggy
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
The sigs are supposed to be real as they come with the hologram and photo of him signing it. The pink hat is the one with the Packer G on it that they started selling after Deanna came down with cancer. The hat is special to me. The only reason I was thinking of buying the sig at all is because my chances of being in the same place at the same time as Brett Favre are nil. :sad:

MadtownPacker
07-03-2006, 05:44 PM
I have more memories of trying to get an autograph after a game in SF then I would ever have from buying one. If you win one at a charity bid or are given one as a gift is cool but straight up buying one defeats the purpose of it all IMO.

BallHawk
07-03-2006, 05:52 PM
I have more memories of trying to get an autograph after a game in SF then I would ever have from buying one. If you win one at a charity bid or are given one as a gift is cool but straight up buying one defeats the purpose of it all IMO.

Exactly.

woodbuck27
07-05-2006, 03:58 AM

Exactly Mad.

I have a Montreal Canadians hat with the autograph of the Great Guy Lafleur, that he gave me when I met him personally as he sat to the left of the Great Red Storey who just recently passed on. What a memory that is pour moi.

This was obtained in the intermission of an Old timers Hockey Game. He also autographed my copy of Guy Lafleur Number one for me.

By the way a wonderful read on this Great Hockey player's life.

Little Whiskey
07-05-2006, 01:09 PM
i think you need to ask yourself what an autograph means to you.

like other mentioned I don't see the sense of purchasing an autograph thru the mail or via the internet. I also don't see the sense of waiting in a cattle line to get you few seconds in front of the star while they scribble their name on your item. and you mumble the same thing every other fan mumbled as they walked past.

GBRulz
07-05-2006, 08:08 PM
I agree with the concept of obtaining an autograph in person is much more special than mail auto's, but she's talking about Favre here.

Favre doesn't sign on the street. Favre doesn't sign after practice, with the exception that you get a ticket at TC and he happens to be signing that day (about a 1-50,000 chance). Heck, I saw him at a gas station once and we were the only two cars filling up and I asked him if he could sign my hat and he said no. through private signings is the only way he will sign, so as I see it, Zig - as everyone else, really doesn't have any other choice.

As far as the rubber stamp goes, you are getting that confused with the mail requests for autographs. Where people maybe send a card with a SASE type of thing. It's 100% free. You're not going to get a stamped auto when you buy anything from his store.

Hope that helps and Zig, I would definitely go for it, girl !!!