PDA

View Full Version : What do you want Rodgers to improve on in year 2?

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Being it his first time starting a game in the NFL, I'm sure he'll show improvements in one area or another.

I've had a lot of fun watching Rodgers play this year, but here's my wish list of improvements in no particular order:

1. He had a good completion percentage, but I'm hoping for 65% next year instead of 63.5%. I think he can get a little more consistent.

2. He's in the top 10 of every major stat category. Of the QB's that have put up numbers as good or better than Rodgers, his sack number is the highest. I'd like to see him find a way to get sacked fewer times. Maybe 25 in a full season instead of the 35 that he is on pace for now. Sometimes taking the sack is the right thing, so I hope the number isn't too low, but a little lower woudl be nice.

3. I'd like to see him get better at fitting the ball in on quick slants. He leads the reciever in stride, but that often times gives the CB the abilty to reach in front of the WR and knock the ball down. If he lead the WR a little less, he'd drill it right in the breadbasket and it would be tough for the CB to go through the reciever to get the ball.

Those are a few things that I think he can improve on that will make him a better QB and make the Packers a better team.

cpk1994
12-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Being it his first time starting a game in the NFL, I'm sure he'll show improvements in one area or another.

I've had a lot of fun watching Rodgers play this year, but here's my wish list of improvements in no particular order:

1. He had a good completion percentage, but I'm hoping for 65% next year instead of 63.5%. I think he can get a little more consistent.

2. He's in the top 10 of every major stat category. Of the QB's that have put up numbers as good or better than Rodgers, his sack number is the highest. I'd like to see him find a way to get sacked fewer times. Maybe 25 in a full season instead of the 35 that he is on pace for now.

3. I'd like to see him get better at fitting the ball in on quick slants. He leads the reciever in stride, but that often times gives the CB the abilty to reach in front of the WR and knock the ball down. If he lead the WR a little less, he'd drill it right in the breadbasket and it would be tough for the CB to go through the reciever to get the ball.

Those are a few things that I think he can improve on that will make him a better QB and make the Packers a better team.Number 2 can be accomplished by getting the OL pass protection above the level of "turnstile".

pack4to84
12-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I think if TT can find a OT in the 1st rd might fix our running game and give Rodgers more time.

digitaldean
12-21-2008, 09:35 PM
For a first year QB, he has done a very good job. Great or Pro Bowl caliber? No.

I think just better decision making, which most rookie QBs should get after a year under their belts.

Bossman641
12-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Quicker decision-making. Better pre-snap reads at the line.

Tarlam!
12-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Bring home more wins. I know it's a team game, but, he gets all thge glory if the Pack win, so he needs to take the lumps when they lose.

rbaloha1
12-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Win a game during the last 2 minutes.

channtheman
12-21-2008, 11:28 PM
The main thing I would like to see is him being able to engineer scoring drives with no timeouts in the last 2 minutes of games. Yes the defense has sucked ass and Rodgers has led us to tie or lead with about 3 minutes left in many games this year, BUT he usually throws INT's on 2nd down it seems late in the game. He needs to use as many downs as he can on those late drives. If it's 4th down, fine throw it up there and hope for the best. But on 2nd or 3rd down with 1:30 left in the game, I think he needs to relax and take it one play at a time and learn to be more patient. He doesn't have to score it all on 1 play even though that's what the other teams do to us.

Tony Oday
12-22-2008, 12:28 AM
I would like to see better audibles. Thats it. I think he had a great year.

oregonpackfan
12-22-2008, 12:28 AM
When he is moving about in the pocket, I would like to have him look more for open receivers. He has a tendency to want to run with the ball rather than take an extra look for open receivers.

Partial
12-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Honestly I think he is what he is. He's quite comfortable in the offense and has never once looked like a deer in headlights or like he was in over his head. That is the sign of a veteran.

The thing I hope improves the most with A-Rod is not directly related to him. It's the play calling. The coaches need to have faith in him to let loose. They will not be a playoff team until they begin to use the middle of the field and trust A-Rod not to make mistakes.

CaptainKickass
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
A few items:

Add the good ol "Pump Fake" to his skill set.
When time permits:Set his feet before throwing when rolling out.
Step up into the pocket to THROW rather than scramble.

Other than that, I give him a B+ for the year.

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
See the field more. I don't think he's looking at all his progressions rather just at one half of the field. He admitted to this earlier in the seasons that he was just looking at a particular half of a field.

This will come with more experience and comfort ability. There's plays to be made out there, he just needs to see them more often.

Zool
12-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Tighter pants.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Help Deliver more wins

MJZiggy
12-22-2008, 09:17 PM
End of game defense...

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Help Deliver more wins

I'll hold him to the fire for his play, but it's tough to expect a winning season with the 24th ranked defense.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Help Deliver more wins

I'll hold him to the fire for his play, but it's tough to expect a winning season with the 24th ranked defense.

Are there really eight defenses worse than ours :?:

Freak Out
12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
I think he should improve his kicking.

Zool
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
He should also block better on ST.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 11:11 PM
I think he should call more productive plays in the second half of games.

RashanGary
09-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Last year I was hoping to see him get better in three areas:

1. Completion%
2. Fewer Sacks
3. The Quick Slant

Based off preseason, he's been taking fewer sacks, completing a higher percentage and has thrown the quick slant right on the numbers every single time he's attempted it this preseason. I've paid attention, even started a thread talking about it.

mmmdk
09-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I want Rodgers to have a road named after him in Green Bay...if you catch my drift!

Rodgers Road

Rodgers Drive

Rodgers Lane

Aaron Rodgers Boulevard

...fill in with own suggestions :D

gbgary
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
What do you want Rodgers to improve on in year 2?

putting drives together; keeping the ball for a while; getting a few first downs, at least, per possession. got to give the defense time to rest. i think that was one of the major problems last season. 3 and out has got to kept to a minimum.