PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers most impressive qualities?

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd say his poise for a young QB is his most impressive quality. He never looks rattled. He's had very few delay of game penalties. He's poised when flushed out of the pocket. He hasn't thrown a lot of interceptions while throwing a lot of TD's. He hasn't fumbled often. No real botched hand offs. Just very few mental errors, especially for being so young. He knows how to play QB. He's comfortable doing it.

His arm has been impressive

His ability to scramble has been impressive as well as his decision of when to do so.

His accuracy has been impressive, especially on the deep ball (I'm going to write to the newspapers and request something on his deep ball stats. I think they're better than they've been in a long time here in GB. Probably since Dickey/Lofton).

packinpatland
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I think he'll do great next year. No distractions. The draft and FA will bring in new talent. Rodgers will do just fine. He is the future.

digitaldean
12-21-2008, 09:47 PM
If the line issues can get resolved, he should take a huge stride forward.

Some of the hits he took this year were just God-awful.

Fosco33
12-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I'd say his poise for a young QB is his most impressive quality. He never looks rattled. He's had very few delay of game penalties. He's poised when flushed out of the pocket. He hasn't thrown a lot of interceptions while throwing a lot of TD's. He hasn't fumbled often. No real botched hand offs. Just very few mental errors, especially for being so young. He knows how to play QB. He's comfortable doing it.

His arm has been impressive

His ability to scramble has been impressive as well as his decision of when to do so.

His accuracy has been impressive, especially on the deep ball (I'm going to write to the newspapers and request something on his deep ball stats. I think they're better than they've been in a long time here in GB. Probably since Dickey/Lofton).

Scroll to the bottom for his deep throw splits:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerSplits?categoryId=299897

thrown 21-30 yards (9 of 32 for for 305 yards, 3 TDs, 4 INTs) - QB Rating of 58
31-40 yards (4 of 12 for 177, 1 TD, 2 INTs) - rating of 70
41+ yards (4 of 9 for 225, 1 TD) - rating of 128

HarveyWallbangers
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Those are actually not bad.

Aaron Rodgers = 17 of 53 with 5 TDs and 6 ints over 20 yards

Brett Favre = 11 of 44 with 4 TDs and 7 ints over 20 yards

Peyton Manning = 21 of 67 with 5 TDs and 5 ints over 20 yards

Eli Manning = 14 of 55 with 4 TDs and 3 ints over 20 yards

Jay Cutler = 19 of 62 with 5 TDs and 5 ints over 20 yards

Better than Favre and pretty similar to other top QBs on throws over 20 yards.

Fosco33
12-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Rodgers throws a nice deep ball.

I wonder how the stats would look if you took out the end of game heaves (he's thrown at least 3 or 4 picks like that).

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Rodgers throws a nice deep ball.

I wonder how the stats would look if you took out the end of game heaves (he's thrown at least 3 or 4 picks like that).

Was thinking the same thing. It seems most of the INT's are forced at the end of the game so it might be even better. His deep ball is pretty. He definitely stretches the defense. He throws a lot down the field and is right on par with the best QB's.

RashanGary
12-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh, and he's only getting better!! He started his first NFL game a couple months back.

Bossman641
12-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Most impressive - deep ball, maturity, relatively smart play

There's not much bad I can say about him overall other than he needs to diagnose things quicker, which should come with time. I really think he could light up the league next year.

Zool
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Where's 007 or GBR to comment on this one?

GrnBay007
12-22-2008, 12:17 AM

Your point?

Really nice when the mods here are even calling posters out.

oregonpackfan
12-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Someone brought up his maturity level. He handled the whole Brett Favre retirement/unretirement/trade issue with great poise for a 24 year old. Few 24 year old QB's could have handled the media and fan pressure as much as he has done.

Partial
12-22-2008, 12:58 AM

You're becoming the anti-homer and its pissing me off. Was the "better than Favre" really necessary? I'd hope a kid in his physical prime is better than the guy who has appeared washed up throughout the season.

GBRulz
12-22-2008, 01:01 AM

WTF is the point of this Zool? I hardly even come around this place anymore. Idiotic comments like this and drama is exactly why.

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 06:21 AM
I think Rodgers reminds me of Eli Manning. Remember when he first took over the QB for the Giants. What was the negatives the writers pen about him? Now watch him he has developed into one of the top 5 QB's.

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Another thing Rodger does that is pretty damn shocking for a player of his experience level is that he almost always seems to throw to the right spot. How many throws do you see into triple coverage that aren't in the last minute and a half of a losing game? Watching Tavaris yesterday was an eye opener just how good Rodgers is at diagnosing the game.

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 07:55 AM

You're becoming the anti-homer and its pissing me off. Was the "better than Favre" really necessary? I'd hope a kid in his physical prime is better than the guy who has appeared washed up throughout the season.

Jesus Christ man, make up your mind already. One week you are pointing out how Rodgers is a journeyman QB and Favre is playing great, and that with him the Packers would be so much better, the defense would be so much more amped up to play, and the special teams would be knocking people's heads off. Next you're telling us he's appeared washed up throughout the season, the same day you're telling us Favre obviously still has his legs.

WHICH IS IT??

cpk1994
12-22-2008, 08:08 AM

Jesus Christ man, make up your mind already. One week you are pointing out how Rodgers is a journeyman QB and Favre is playing great, and that with him the Packers would be so much better, the defense would be so much more amped up to play, and the special teams would be knocking people's heads off. Next you're telling us he's appeared washed up throughout the season, the same day you're telling us Favre obviously still has his legs.

WHICH IS IT??Whichever suits his argument and bashing at the particular time.

Partial
12-22-2008, 08:23 AM
What the hell are you talking about? How many times have I stated how great Rodgers physical skill set is? It's the mental aspect that is lacking. Favre is over the hill. That is COMPLETELY unrelated to Rodgers. He is playing like a 15-12 quarterback, as I went through and listed, and hardly anyone disputed.

JSOnline has an article right now with the headline that Rodgers is playing at the level of the 19th best QB in the NFL. I think thats too low, but all of you homers who think top 10 are just nutzo.

He's being outplayed big time by Matt Ryan and Cassell certainly, and one could make an argument for Flacco as well.

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:08 AM

WTF is the point of this Zool? I hardly even come around this place anymore. Idiotic comments like this and drama is exactly why.

Holy fuck you guys are sensitive. It said his better qualities and no one here said anything about his fancy hair or his physique. But whatever I guess you guys have lost all sense of humor.

And the POINT of this was a joke. If I had meant anything other than that by it, I would have stated it directly. Its not like I post back handed insults or anything. I feel like I'm usually really direct about insulting someone.

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Your point?

And the same goes for you. I was making a joke how you always used to comment on the "finer qualities" of some of the players and their physical appearance. And to lump me in with some of the shitbag of idiot posters(and you few know who you are) here is kind of insulting.

rbaloha1
12-22-2008, 09:51 AM
1. Ability to make all the throws

2. Respected by teammates

3. Always looking down field despite pressure

4. Scrambling ability

5. Classy dude

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:53 AM
6. Tight pants.

Partial
12-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Your point?

And the same goes for you. I was making a joke how you always used to comment on the "finer qualities" of some of the players and their physical appearance. And to lump me in with some of the shitbag of idiot posters(and you few know who you are) here is kind of insulting.

Your action was in very poor taste. And believe me, I'd know

SkinBasket
12-22-2008, 12:12 PM

I would ask how you know how Zool tastes, but I think that one answers itself. Instead, I'll ask "How does he taste?" Like olives? Buttered bread?

SkinBasket
12-22-2008, 12:15 PM

I don't come here much either. But for me it's overreactions like this and a complete loss of perspective and humor on the board as a whole that have soured my experience - the Packers section in particular.

GBRulz
12-25-2008, 12:19 PM

I don't come here much either. But for me it's overreactions like this and a complete loss of perspective and humor on the board as a whole that have soured my experience - the Packers section in particular.

I don't think it's an overreaction. I mean those of us who support Favre at all are always getting called out for things and I'm tired of it.

And like you of all people should even talk about people overreacting. Should we bring up your cry baby antics about the PR game this year? Then there was the whole mod thing.

Anyhow, Merry Christmas, Skinbasket :lol:

Zool
12-25-2008, 12:20 PM

Holy fuck you guys are sensitive. It said his better qualities and no one here said anything about his fancy hair or his physique. But whatever I guess you guys have lost all sense of humor.

And the POINT of this was a joke. If I had meant anything other than that by it, I would have stated it directly. Its not like I post back handed insults or anything. I feel like I'm usually really direct about insulting someone.

Ahem

GBRulz
12-25-2008, 12:27 PM

Fine. To answer your damn question, Rodgers will never be the NFL's sexiest man, but dayum, he has beautiful eyes :wink:

Actually, I think it was Monday night, we ran into him and his brother Luke at The Bar. I guess alot of his family will be at the Lions game from what he was saying. At least you know they had no problem getting a ticket, LOL. Tix are going for dirt cheap for this game.

wist43
12-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Rodgers has been good... good enough that I'm all the way up to wait and see mode on him.

The offensive scheme puts everything on the QB - everything. That is to say, you'll never win a SB with Trent Dilfer, or Jeff Hostetler running this system.

For the Packers to have a chance at a title, good isn't good enough at the QB position, the QB has to be great, has to be the deciding factor more often than not. No power running game to fall back on; no shut down defense to rely on.

Don't know if Rodgers can ever be that good - to carry a team that needs to be carried... can't rely on championship calibur defense to be played by the Packers any time soon. Pretty tall order for any QB.

Harlan Huckleby
12-25-2008, 04:04 PM

zool is a sexist pig. he thinks women watch pro sports to admire rippling muscles and other bulges.

Harlan Huckleby
12-25-2008, 04:07 PM

PArtial, you really are not overly bright. Its ok, as long as you don't realize it, you will be fine.

Gunakor
12-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Rodgers has been good... good enough that I'm all the way up to wait and see mode on him.

The offensive scheme puts everything on the QB - everything. That is to say, you'll never win a SB with Trent Dilfer, or Jeff Hostetler running this system.

For the Packers to have a chance at a title, good isn't good enough at the QB position, the QB has to be great, has to be the deciding factor more often than not. No power running game to fall back on; no shut down defense to rely on.

Don't know if Rodgers can ever be that good - to carry a team that needs to be carried... can't rely on championship calibur defense to be played by the Packers any time soon. Pretty tall order for any QB.

This offensive scheme had Ryan Grant popping off 60+ yard runs on almost a weekly basis last year. I don't think it's the scheme so much as execution of the scheme.

And in any case, when I look at our offensive scheme, I think it puts more pressure on the WR's to make plays after the catch than it does on Rodgers getting them the ball. That's where the focus of this offense is.

ThunderDan
12-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I think Rodgers reminds me of Eli Manning. Remember when he first took over the QB for the Giants. What was the negatives the writers pen about him? Now watch him he has developed into one of the top 5 QB's.

Eli has never been a top 5 QB or will be one.

Here are Eli's stats for his first two years:
2004 95/197 48.2% 1,043 yards 6 TD 9 INT 55.4 passer rating
2005 294/557 52.8% 3,762 yards 24 TD 17 INT 75.9 passer rating

Eli barely completed 50% of his passes his first two years in the league.

Rodgers is nothing like Eli Manning and thank god!

Gunakor
12-26-2008, 01:40 PM
One of Rodgers' most impressive qualities is the ability to throw the ball effectively in bad weather or in freezing temperatures. Since he is now the starting quarterback for the Siberian Packers, that could come in handy.

Partial
12-26-2008, 02:18 PM

Eli has never been a top 5 QB or will be one.

Here are Eli's stats for his first two years:
2004 95/197 48.2% 1,043 yards 6 TD 9 INT 55.4 passer rating
2005 294/557 52.8% 3,762 yards 24 TD 17 INT 75.9 passer rating

Eli barely completed 50% of his passes his first two years in the league.

Rodgers is nothing like Eli Manning and thank god!

Rodgers had QB ratings of 40 and 48 his first two years in the league.

STFU. It is not comparable. Does everyone remember how horrendous Aaron looked in his first training camp? It was abysmal. He greatly improved for the second, and took an even bigger step forward last year.

4th year player, first year starter != 1st year player, 1st year starter. Not even close.

Partial
12-26-2008, 02:20 PM
One of Rodgers' most impressive qualities is the ability to throw the ball effectively in bad weather or in freezing temperatures. Since he is now the starting quarterback for the Siberian Packers, that could come in handy.

When has he shown a knack to do this? The Chicago game was an above average performance, but one game is not a trend.

digitaldean
12-26-2008, 02:24 PM

What the heck's your point? Rodgers came in to play in either mop up duty or when Favre got his bell rung.

I don't give any stock in QB rating for a guy who may only get a whiff of action during the season.

Manning was thrown in as the next NYG savior at QB. He had to learn under fire. His stats show that. His playoff performance vs. Carolina showed to.

Rodgers had the luxury of a QB who rarely got hurt or almost always played thru injury.

Partial
12-26-2008, 02:25 PM

What the heck's your point? Rodgers came in to play in either mop up duty or when Favre got his bell rung.

I don't give any stock in QB rating for a guy who may only get a whiff of action during the season.

Manning was thrown in as the next NYG savior at QB. He had to learn under fire. His stats show that. His playoff performance vs. Carolina showed to.

Rodgers had the luxury of a QB who rarely got hurt or almost always played thru injury.

Right, I'm saying its a pointless statistic. Who cares how Eli did as a rookie? QB is a very difficult position to learn, and when someone struggles as a rookie it is to be expected. When one excels, that shows incredible promise for the future (VY, Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, Big Ben, etc).

Gunakor
12-26-2008, 02:29 PM

When has he shown a knack to do this? The Chicago game was an above average performance, but one game is not a trend.

When has he shown a knack to NOT be able to do this. By my count, he's 1 for 1. While that's not a trend, it's certainly something one could get optimistic about. Stop being such a fucking pessimist. It gets really annoying after a short amount of time.

The Shadow
12-26-2008, 02:42 PM
He doesn't make the dumb and careless decisions that in the always let the Packers down.

Bretsky
12-26-2008, 05:55 PM
He doesn't make the dumb and careless decisions that in the always let the Packers down.

Yup; no 4th quarter INT's
Send me a pair of your blinders

Gunakor
12-26-2008, 06:26 PM

Consider the position the team was in when the INT's were thrown.

Rodgers is pressing more than he should or normally would because the defense had just given up a lead he'd just gotten for them to hold. There's not much time left, so he's making throws he wouldn't normally make and take chances he wouldn't normally take. He's trying to make something happen, trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit - just like any good QB would.

If the defense doesn't disappear in the last 5 minutes of games, Rodgers is taking a knee during half of the drives he's thrown INT's this year. His QB rating on the year is over 100 because he's only thrown half as many INT's. There's no talk about him not being able to come back in the 4th quarter because he'd have several 4th quarter comebacks under his belt already. He'd be kneeling to victory.

If the defense held its ground with 5 minutes to go, and Rodgers would not have even had the opportunity to throw those 4th quarter INT's, would you feel the same way about AR as you do now?

The Shadow
12-26-2008, 06:52 PM

Whew!

packerbacker1234
12-26-2008, 07:04 PM
He's been impressive in that he clearly can play the position, and make throws that some didn't think he could. He still lets a lot of balls sail on the out routes, especially to his right side. Also, for all the poise he shows, he loses that poise with the game on the line. Again, maybe it's inexperience.

Still Rodgers has overall shown that our future may be ok at the QB position. However, he needs to win in crunch time before I am sold: Either tat, or we need a coach that is as good as Bellicheat where he made it so Brady really never had to win a game in crunch time.

packerbacker1234
12-26-2008, 07:08 PM

Rodgers is pressing more than he should or normally would because the defense had just given up a lead he'd just gotten for them to hold. There's not much time left, so he's making throws he wouldn't normally make and take chances he wouldn't normally take. He's trying to make something happen, trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit - just like any good QB would.

I agree it's demoralizing, even to him, to have the defense give up the lead late. However, to claim there isn't much time left and so he needs to make throws he normally wouldn't, and take chances, is foolish. The guy has always had timeouts in his back pocket, and a minute and thirty seconds to go. He has never in that time been in a position where he needed to take chances. Both of his game ending ints came with plenty of time on the clock to win the game, no need to press.

This is where people are getting skewed: Yes the defense needs to get those stops, but Rodgers also needs to complete a 2 minute drive for a TD. He has in no way needed to take any chances thus far, and he did anyways. Why? He is thinking too much Like brett. He saw brett Hit some bombs last season in those situations and thinks he can, and should, do the same. In reality, He needs to keep attacking the middle for 15 yard passes like usual and drive up the field, spike the ball, and use the timeouts.

Gunakor
12-26-2008, 07:27 PM

I agree it's demoralizing, even to him, to have the defense give up the lead late. However, to claim there isn't much time left and so he needs to make throws he normally wouldn't, and take chances, is foolish. The guy has always had timeouts in his back pocket, and a minute and thirty seconds to go. He has never in that time been in a position where he needed to take chances. Both of his game ending ints came with plenty of time on the clock to win the game, no need to press.

This is where people are getting skewed: Yes the defense needs to get those stops, but Rodgers also needs to complete a 2 minute drive for a TD. He has in no way needed to take any chances thus far, and he did anyways. Why? He is thinking too much Like brett. He saw brett Hit some bombs last season in those situations and thinks he can, and should, do the same. In reality, He needs to keep attacking the middle for 15 yard passes like usual and drive up the field, spike the ball, and use the timeouts.

Most of his late INT's have come on the 15-20 yard patterns you say he needs to concentrate on. He doesn't throw bombs late in games like Favre would routinely throw to Greg Jennings. That's not the issue. He's throwing into heavy traffic, and that is an issue.

If you ask me, I'd say let him go deep once or twice in that situation. When Favre would go deep, how many guys did you see covering the guy who caught the ball? Just one. They aren't going to triple cover everybody 30 or 40 yards downfield. So take your shot there. Rodgers has a beautiful deep ball. Let him lay one in there if they are covering the 15-20 yard routes. Even if you don't connect, you'll back up the defense a tad making your short game easier. The opponent will have to respect the entire field then.

This is part of that predictability on MM's part that people love to complain about.

SkinBasket
12-26-2008, 09:11 PM
And like you of all people should even talk about people overreacting. Should we bring up your cry baby antics about the PR game this year? Then there was the whole mod thing.

I don't overreact. I react. Several people were acting like cocksuckers. I don't like to hang out with cocksuckers. Thus, I didn't feel like going to the game. We saw strippers instead. They were nice people. And naked. They didn't tell me I couldn't talk about gays or Jesus. Instead, they were hospitable and entirely accepting. I think it was a great choice.

As far as the mods and Mad go, I can't control them (by them I mean Retail) acting like fucking morons.

You love the drama just as much as the rest of the peanuts that hang around here. That's what's defined this fuckhole since day one. And I'm assuming it's why Madtown goes back to the well so often.

Point is, you weren't "called out." Zool made a joke and you two attacked him like two starving harpies because you're so fucking on edge due to Brett's shitty month. You should really apologize. It would be the adult thing to do.

Merry new year.

GrnBay007
12-26-2008, 09:43 PM

I don't overreact. I react. Several people were acting like cocksuckers. I don't like to hang out with cocksuckers. Thus, I didn't feel like going to the game. We saw strippers instead. They were nice people. And naked. They didn't tell me I couldn't talk about gays or Jesus. Instead, they were hospitable and entirely accepting. I think it was a great choice.

As far as the mods and Mad go, I can't control them (by them I mean Retail) acting like fucking morons.

You love the drama just as much as the rest of the peanuts that hang around here. That's what's defined this fuckhole since day one. And I'm assuming it's why Madtown goes back to the well so often.

Point is, you weren't "called out." Zool made a joke and you two attacked him like two starving harpies because you're so fucking on edge due to Brett's shitty month. You should really apologize. It would be the adult thing to do.

Merry new year.

You are pretty funny skin. You talk about people here loving "drama"...omg, have you looked in a mirror lately? First off, your beef with Mad over what pics you can and cannot post is so flippin childish it amazes me. Sure, Mad made this place with very little rules/regulations, but he also said it was a place where the posters decided what goes. If you feel so harmed by certain sigs or avatars being taken down maybe you should make a poll on the subject. I'm about 90% sure people here really don't want to see some of that stuff....or really would rather it not be a subject of conflict at all, because they don't CARE. After all, it is a PACKER forum! It's pretty obvious you have an agenda. Who knows why you have this hard on for retail, but really, it's time to let it go.

Secondly, if you read everything in the forum you would understand why zool's comment may have been taken out of context. After a day full of personal attacks by one, JH, maybe people become a bit sensitive. And I would think he would have noted that before he fed the fire, after all, he is a mod.

And, seriously....and I mean this sincerely, with no insult. You complain more than anyone here. If it's that bad, why stay? I'm mean, really, you just called the place a fuckhole. If it's that bad.....in your mind, why put yourself through it ....unless of course, you might be the one that thrives on "drama".

To call GBR out is not right. From what I've been told she has been a host to several people for the last 2 posters game. That seems very thoughtless of you.

Bretsky
12-26-2008, 09:49 PM

If the defense doesn't disappear in the last 5 minutes of games, Rodgers is taking a knee during half of the drives he's thrown INT's this year. His QB rating on the year is over 100 because he's only thrown half as many INT's. There's no talk about him not being able to come back in the 4th quarter because he'd have several 4th quarter comebacks under his belt already. He'd be kneeling to victory.

If the defense held its ground with 5 minutes to go, and Rodgers would not have even had the opportunity to throw those 4th quarter INT's, would you feel the same way about AR as you do now?

I won't argue with much of anything you noted in here Gunakor; my comment to Shadow might have clouded the fact that I've been very impressed with AROD and like him as a short and long term QB. I'd probably not be grouped with some that are more negative toward AROD.
He does deserve a portion of the blame in some games but he has more than exceeded my expectations and I think he'll be a decent long term QB

However, Shadow has quite the history of bashing on our former QB and when he makes references to that I sometimes find myself helpless to throwing in a wise crack to match his.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Sure, Mad made this place with very little rules/regulations, but he also said it was a place where the posters decided what goes. If you feel so harmed by certain sigs or avatars being taken down maybe you should make a poll on the subject.

The ass kissing continues. Madtown makes few rules and regulations only in the sense that he wants to do whatever he feels like. His mood is the rule. The idea that "the posters decide" is a complete joke. He ignores polls whenever he disagrees with the outcome.

Skinbasket broke zero rules, he just did his usual, abnormal skinbasket thing, and the local rulers treated him like crap for their amusement and sense of machismo.

I'm not grinding any personal axes. I like Madtown, and Skinbasket is my sworn enemy till death do us part. Some day I hope to tea bag him.

You and Partial are dumb bunnies, with feces flecking off your twitching, black bunny noses. And that's what Madtown wants - toadies - which is his definition of "loyalty."

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Secondly, if you read everything in the forum you would understand why zool's comment may have been taken out of context. After a day full of personal attacks by one, JH, maybe people become a bit sensitive. And I would think he would have noted that before he fed the fire, after all, he is a mod.

Zool's joke was tame and obvious.

And, seriously....and I mean this sincerely, with no insult. You complain more than anyone here. If it's that bad, why stay? I'm mean, really, you just called the place a fuckhole. If it's that bad.....in your mind, why put yourself through it ....unless of course, you might be the one that thrives on "drama" .

That's right, try and isolate and drive-out the non-believers.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2008, 10:19 PM
http://lloydyweb.com/blog/_gfx/061224_merrychristmas.jpg

whups, I almost forgot

GrnBay007
12-26-2008, 10:59 PM
You and Partial are dumb bunnies, with feces flecking off your twitching, black bunny noses. And that's what Madtown wants - toadies - which is his definition of "loyalty."

I'm not "loyal" to anyone. I do, however, feel I'm a pretty good judge of people.

Now, since this is not Packer related, if you want to continue the conversation, go to RR or PM me...you cute little, annoying blue dog.

Chevelle2
12-26-2008, 11:40 PM

Please...

AR12-

Took the lead with 5:17 left against Detroit
Tied the game with 5:30 left against Tennessee
Took the lead with 1:57 left against Carolina
Tied the game with 5:56 left against Houston
Took the lead with 5:35 left against Jacksonville
Tied game until 3:16 left against Chicago

We are 1-5 in those games.

Bretsky
12-26-2008, 11:46 PM

Please...

AR12-

No shit

But he has made some decisions in quarter four that hurt.

I'm not an AROD basher; but I'm not above letting the generalizations go without throwing something back either.

SnakeLH2006
12-27-2008, 12:05 AM
I like his late game poise. This dude wins us games.

esoxx
12-27-2008, 12:46 AM

Please...

AR12-

Wait. Didn't "The Packers" take the lead in those games?

But you say AR12.

Didn't I just read a lecture about how "The Packers" are 0-7 in games decided late and it is wrong to put it all on the QB (which I agree with BTW).

Some of you fucktards want it both ways.

packerbacker1234
12-27-2008, 02:32 AM

Most of his late INT's have come on the 15-20 yard patterns you say he needs to concentrate on. He doesn't throw bombs late in games like Favre would routinely throw to Greg Jennings. That's not the issue. He's throwing into heavy traffic, and that is an issue.

If you ask me, I'd say let him go deep once or twice in that situation. When Favre would go deep, how many guys did you see covering the guy who caught the ball? Just one. They aren't going to triple cover everybody 30 or 40 yards downfield. So take your shot there. Rodgers has a beautiful deep ball. Let him lay one in there if they are covering the 15-20 yard routes. Even if you don't connect, you'll back up the defense a tad making your short game easier. The opponent will have to respect the entire field then.

This is part of that predictability on MM's part that people love to complain about.

Of his two game ending ints, one was a bomb down the right sidelines in double coverage to a WR that wasn't even remotely open. Again, your choosing what you want to use as facts. Sure, his other was over the middle: But it was a very poorly thrown ball. In fact, before that ball, like 3 plays earlier, another ball he threw hit a defender right in the hands.

Just saying, don't choose your facts. Of the two game ending ints, one was a forced ball to a double covered WR deep, with 2 timeouts in his pocket, a minute forty to go, and hte ball on his 35.

I am not dismissing that Rodgers had a good year, but he did take chances, deep down field late in games, when he had no need to. It's one thing to throw it deep one on one, as favre did last season late in games that won us a like 4 games last year. It's another to panic and just chuck it up, as he did. Also, his other int, was 25+ yards down field over the middle, with a major misfire. If he is on target with the pass, it might be a good play, but unfortunately he wasn't, just like earlier in the drive he threw another should of been pick 6 ball.

He needs to play with more calm in the clutch. Ice veins, if you were. Other games he simply just didn't get it done late. The last game, of course, wasn't his fault, but a fault of the coaching staff. Crosby shanked one in the game already, so don't go conservative. Did the giants go conservative in FG range against the Panthers on the game winning drive in OT? No. They went for the jugular, and were stilling getting closer, and closer.. till bam. TD, game. You never "settle" when you don't have too.

SkinBasket
12-27-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm mean, really, you just called the place a fuckhole.

And that's bad why? Your perspective, not mine.

To call GBR out is not right. From what I've been told she has been a host to several people for the last 2 posters game. That seems very thoughtless of you.

You're entirely right here. The "new" rules seem to allow those who've offered some kind of tribu- I mean service in the real world to do whatever the fuck they want here, so I guess she's alright. It's only us poor slobs who don't buy game tickets or offer lodging that have to suffer the whims of those who did. So go on, GBR, abuse whoever you want in misguided rants, you've earned it.

I think what GBR does when people visit is great and astoundingly generous. Not many people would open their homes that way. But making that some kind of shield against reproach on the forum, while not without precedent, smells of bullshit.

I guess next year I'll have to be the one to shave Mad's back, then I'll be allowed to be myself here again.

Rastak
12-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I guess next year I'll have to be the one to shave Mad's back, then I'll be allowed to be myself here again.

You were being yourself? Jumpin jesus, I thought it was an online bit.

:shock:

MJZiggy
12-27-2008, 08:56 AM

You're entirely right here. The "new" rules seem to allow those who've offered some kind of tribu- I mean service in the real world to do whatever the fuck they want here, so I guess she's alright. It's only us poor slobs who don't buy game tickets or offer lodging that have to suffer the whims of those who did. So go on, GBR, abuse whoever you want in misguided rants, you've earned it.

I think what GBR does when people visit is great and astoundingly generous. Not many people would open their homes that way. But making that some kind of shield against reproach on the forum, while not without precedent, smells of bullshit.

Could you please remind me what GBR does around here that's reproachful? She posts what she feels, but she does it in a way that's generally respectful to the people she posts with. That's getting kind of rare around here. Maybe it's more that that gives her a little leeway around here and not what she does when we're all in town. Though her hospitality is much appreciated if you'll recall from last time you were there.

If she lived around me, she's someone I'd likely hang out with regardless of what she does or doesn't do on the forum.

sheepshead
12-27-2008, 09:01 AM
What about Visanthe Shiancoe's most impressive qualities?

Pugger
12-27-2008, 09:19 AM
AR has had a decent season. Yes, he's messed up late in games by pressing the issue and forcing passes into spots he shouldn't have. But what QB doesn't do this at times? Every QB throws picks but you try to limit these especially when you are in the red zone or are trying to take the lead late. I hope as Rodgers gets more games under his belt he'll not be as prone to force the issue and throw into double/triple coverage. Nothing good can come out of these situations.

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2008, 09:41 AM
This is the best Festivus ever, the airing of grievances, the feats of strength. Its not over until somebody is pinned.

SkinBasket
12-27-2008, 09:53 AM

Could you please remind me what GBR does around here that's reproachful? She posts what she feels, but she does it in a way that's generally respectful to the people she posts with. That's getting kind of rare around here. Maybe it's more that that gives her a little leeway around here and not what she does when we're all in town. Though her hospitality is much appreciated if you'll recall from last time you were there.

If she lived around me, she's someone I'd likely hang out with regardless of what she does or doesn't do on the forum.

I completely agree. I wasn't the one who suggested she should be treated differently on the forum based on what she does in person.

As far as reproachful actions, I generally consider attacking a person on here based on your own misunderstanding of their post followed by excuses instead of at least a half apology or admittance of some kind of culpability based on my own sensitivities as kind of a shitty thing to do.

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2008, 10:01 AM
I hate skinbasket because he is mean to unwed mothers and villiage idiots.

Patler
12-27-2008, 10:03 AM
AR has had a decent season. Yes, he's messed up late in games by pressing the issue and forcing passes into spots he shouldn't have. But what QB doesn't do this at times? Every QB throws picks but you try to limit these especially when you are in the red zone or are trying to take the lead late. I hope as Rodgers gets more games under his belt he'll not be as prone to force the issue and throw into double/triple coverage. Nothing good can come out of these situations.

You point out a factor that we tend to overlook. All QBs throw picks when they press, and all QBs press when they are trying to mount a drive to win at the end of a game. Even the great ones are successful only about 1/3 of the time (per stats someone else posted a week ago or so).

To win those games, it rarely comes down to the offense alone. The defense often has to make a stop before the drive to get the ball to the offense for an opportunity, or the defense has to make a stop after the scoring drive to preserve the lead. Same with ST. They are often called on before a winning drive attempt to get a good punt return, or after one to provide good kick off coverage. With some help from the FG kicker, ST, and the defense Rodgers could be at a reasonable level of success in end of game situations. The problem this year is they can't seem to get two units to be successful in the same game. Many times Rodgers and the offense failed, but when they didn't, ST or the defense did. None of the units can be happy with their performance.

Some things about Rodgers jump out at you, to give you hope. When you really stop and think about it, Rodgers has had only one significant flaw this year, the final two minutes of games. Not that he can't improve other things, but his performance apart from the last drive scenarios has been very solid, very consistent, especially in the red zone. They mentioned it in the last game, so I looked it up. 17 TDs, 0 interceptions in the red zone. He has certainly not forced the issue there. If he can translate that to the two minute drill, and get some help from his team mates, the ends of games will go much better.

SkinBasket
12-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I hate skinbasket because he is mean to unwed mothers and villiage idiots.

I'm only mean to them when they aren't stripping.

KYPack
12-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Well Skin,

Those are some real snotty sentiments directed towards some valued Packer Gurlz.

Those posts also bring up some old beefs that you have that are, well, old.

Why don't don't you take a shower and re-think your old, tired bullshit.

Zool
12-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Do I win for meaningless comment taken to the most amount of pages about nothing?

MJZiggy
12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Do I win for meaningless comment taken to the most amount of pages about nothing?

You've got a long ways to go to catch up to Mazzin...

Zool
12-27-2008, 11:36 PM

You've got a long ways to go to catch up to Mazzin...

Shit...forgot about that one.

SkinBasket
12-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Well Skin,

Those are some real snotty sentiments directed towards some valued Packer Gurlz.

Go fuck yourself. They acted like assholes. Because they're "Gurlz" they should be treated differently? I didn't bring up these "beefs" you refer to, so if you want to talk about taking showers, talk to the "gurlz" who drag the shit up then hide behind wannabe internet predators like you playing the forum big daddy role.

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Ouch! Someone is very cranky at the world today.

Yes, asking a poster what their point of a message was, if far more assholish then telling someone to F themselves! :roll:

gex
12-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Well Skin,

Go fuck yourself. They acted like assholes. Because they're "Gurlz" they should be treated differently? I didn't bring up these "beefs" you refer to, so if you want to talk about taking showers, talk to the "gurlz" who drag the shit up then hide behind wannabe internet predators like you playing the forum big daddy role.

Stankbucket = Drama Queen

SkinBasket
12-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I thought I was able to respond to someone's attempt to defend your internet honor because you're a "gurl." Guess that's over the line now too.

Proceed. Your free pass has been dually processed and stamped. Hope you continue to make as much use of it as you have lately.

SkinBasket
12-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Stankbucket = Drama Queen

Ah. The final member of the "gurl" squad arrives...

Noodle
12-28-2008, 10:56 AM
What I've found hopeful about Rodger is that he has continued to improve throughout the season, and the growing amount of film on him has not resulted in teams finding any tendencies or weaknesses.

In particular, I think his blitz pick-up and hot read ability has improved substantially. In the last Bears game, he was really pretty good at punishing the Bears when they went all in.

On the film point, consider this -- when Hawk moved to a new position, he appeared to be a world beater. Then he developed a body of work on film that offensive coordinators dissected and used to discover that the guy didn't cover all that well and could be beat by speed. This happens to a lot of guys. They look great early, but their weaknesses get discovered, then exploited.

Arod has not had this happen to him, and that's a huge credit to him and to his QB coach.

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Sorry, I thought I was able to respond to someone's attempt to defend your internet honor because you're a "gurl." Guess that's over the line now too.

no, no....go for it...and have fun with it!

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 11:11 AM
I like that AR has stayed optimistic throughout this dismal season. Hopefully that's not just to the press. He needs to keep his confidence up for next year.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Skinbasket is simply telling the truth.

GBrulz entered the conversation with nasty remarks about Mr. Basket, and protective Uncle Kentucky throws the roughing flag on Basket for responding.

I think everyone who participates in these cat fights is equally assholesque. Just go through the whole list, including good girls 007 and GBrulz. GBrulz chairs the decorating committee for the Senior Class float, and gives speeches at the assembly on the importance of manners among students. But then she makes snarky remarks about people with the worst of them.
Skinbasket is the odd kid who makes suits of medieval armor in shop class, and is rumored to pull wings off of flies. He is more direct with his remarks, doesn't hide behind nicety, but really is just another combatant.

The only people to be saluted are those who just stay out of the fights and don't make judgements. Kentucky, I formerly included you in this group of high-minded people, but now you have crossed over and joined my people.

Noodle
12-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd almost fogotten the Blue Dog's mad skillz at perpetuating slap-fight threatds.

The one good thing out of all this is that someone brought up Mazzin, who I haven't thought of in a long time.

Now THAT chick could get some shite going!

Of course, "she" was probably a 48-year old hairy dude with BO/obesity issues. Gotta luv the Internet.

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 11:44 AM
GBrulz chairs the decorating committee for the Senior Class float, and gives speeches at the assembly on the importance of manners among students. But then she makes snarky remarks about people with the worst of them.

I think someone is feeling jealous they didn't make the Homecoming court. :shock:

:P :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 11:44 AM
well Noodle, you are entitled to your own fantasy about Mazzin, but I think of her as nice young woman who is HOT HOT HOT.