PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Bears thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jmbarnes101
12-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Well, there's game.

digitaldean
Time to warm up dandy don for our defense.

Brohm
Rouse is a box o rocks.

packer4life
this team makes me SICK

Fosco33
I hate the NFL OT rules - such bs

imscott72
This team has literally taken a couple years off my life..

Rastak
12-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice play by Rouse after F'ing up the last one.

Noodle
There you go! C'mon, hang tough!

gbgary
go Packer D!!

Bretsky
VANILLA BOB with a Safety Run Blitz that worked

WHERE IS TEX ??

digitaldean
Now we have to worry about avoiding losing to the f*cking Lions next week?!

Zool
OLE!

imscott72
And there's your dagger... :cry:

Bretsky
oh boy

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 10:53 PM

Unfortunately I called a lose out scenario weeks ago...
man, that'd be embarrassing... "only team to EVER lose to an 0-15 team"...

Noodle
12-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Keep faith. It's cold. It's a K ball.

Let's go, Pack, c'mon!

Brohm
12-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Can't cover TE's

Can't cover RB's out of the backfield

Can't kick chipshot FGs

Can't not get the same f'ing horsecollar penalty the other team got the previous series.

Cannot cover kickoffs/punts.

Same 4th quarter antics....again.

Bretsky
waving whammy

he will miss

imscott72
chip shot for Gould...Game fucking over..

RashanGary
I like the TO here. Let the ball get rock cold so hopefully it goes off his foot wierd.

Zool
waving whammy

he will miss

You really have to stop B. Your prediction rate is basically 0.

Iron Mike
Way to ice the kicker, M3.........I'm sure it'll work out. :roll:

Bretsky

why is everybody blaming me then :?: :lol:

BallHawk
12-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't know who I want to kill more right now......Kornholio or Bretsky.

Noodle
Miss it!

Though I hate that stupid icing time out crap.

Fosco33
:bs:

gbgary
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

Bretsky
waving whammy

he will miss

You really have to stop B. Your prediction rate is basically 0.

Either I'm the Lions or I have to be right eventually

RashanGary
haha. This is so fitting :) :)

BallHawk
<3 Rastak.

jmbarnes101
waving whammy

he will miss

Sorry Bretsky but you suck.

Gunakor
I'm so sick right now.

Noodle
I give up.

imscott72
I'm totally speechless..This team just plays to lose...I don't know what else to say anymore...

ND72
12-22-2008, 10:56 PM
so here's my problem. All season, all McCarthy does is throw the ball. Now, tonight, the one game you shoudl NEVER run it based on how the game is going, all you do is run it. You run it 3 times, to try for a field goal, that gets blocked.

I've generally been a McCarthy fan, but I'm going to be the first to say he must be fired after the way he's coached the end of this season.

Fucking horrible. Bears should have NEVER been in this game, and they fucking win the game.

Zool
<3 Rastak.

You're welcome Ras.

MJZiggy
waving whammy

he will miss

What was your address again??? :evil:

gbgary
how many last-second losses is it this year? 5?

Packers4Glory
pathetic ass team. nobody's job should be safe

Fosco33

why is everybody blaming me then :?: :lol:

bunch of paranoid fans -- never placed anything I do into the game....

this POS season is all on the players/coaches

Rastak
<3 Rastak.

How could I have expected anything else! * sigh *

Guiness
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
unbelievable

Zool
<3 Rastak.

Looked pretty good at half huh?

Badgerinmaine
Pathetic. There is no way the packers should have lost this game. At minimum they need a special teams overhaul.
My head hurts. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Noodle
so here's my problem. All season, all McCarthy does is throw the ball. Now, tonight, the one game you shoudl NEVER run it based on how the game is going, all you do is run it. You run it 3 times, to try for a field goal, that gets blocked.

I've generally been a McCarthy fan, but I'm going to be the first to say he must be fired after the way he's coached the end of this season.

Fucking horrible. Bears should have NEVER been in this game, and they fucking win the game.

I won't get on the fire MM bandwagon, but I agree with everything else in this post. Just criminally stupid.

jmbarnes101
unbelievable

You can say that again.

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 10:58 PM
<3 Rastak.

Can't rely on the Pack - that's for sure...

At least the Vikes v Giants game is interesting now. Although you're lucky b/c the Giants have nothing to play for...

Brohm
Some harp on Rodgers for his lack of late victories. What about another chopjob f'ing attempt at a game winning field goal by ST. 0-2 this year on game winners.

Badgerinmaine
Sorry, Ras...

pittstang5
I don't know what happened to this team, but I said it last week. As soon as they get a lead....they blow it.

Pathetic to give up a lead on stupid mistakes.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
here comes a boatload of threads

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Some harp on Rodgers for his lack of late victories. What about another chopjob f'ing attempt at a game winning field goal by ST. 0-2 this year on game winners.
Blocking was horrible on that kick. You can't play that as though it is a safe kick in that sort of weather in any case. The three runs in a row will be hard for M3 to live down. I'm darned angry right now.

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
As a fan of this team, man, I really hope we don't lose to Detroit. We cannot win a game to save our souls. It's been close ones all season with no wins to show for it. Just insane.

digitaldean
2 losses on ST / coaching alone.

2 losses purely on defensive collapse alone.

No matter how you slice it, we'd be in playoff contention if we had ANY semblance of a killer instinct in those games.

I'd have to say that M3 should be on the hot seat next season. If he isn't getting orders to clean out some of his coaching staff, then TT should be feeling the heat as well.

Talk about a 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl type of meltdown these past 4 weeks. Absolutely embarrassing.

Fritz
Good God. Sloppy special teams. The defense that has played like a limp dick all year does so again in overtime.

What a sh_tty season.

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 11:02 PM
<3 Rastak.

At least the Vikes v Giants game is interesting now. Although you're lucky b/c the Giants have nothing to play for...

The Giants had nothing to play for against NE last year and they played their hearts out. I wouldn't take any comfort in that. None.

Freak Out
Ryan Longwell. :lol:

Gunakor
Blocking was horrible on that kick. You can't play that as though it is a safe kick in that sort of weather in any case. The three runs in a row will be hard for M3 to live down. I'm darned angry right now.

He was running clock. I would have played it the same way in that situation. Jaws called it too. That was a smart move that turned ugly because we couldn't put the FG through.

Brohm

I'd like to see some aggressiveness at going for the jugular. MM is thinking that these are gimmes and they are not with this team. Nevermind that you replaced your 300 lb LS with a 250 lb rookie. How bout that anchor....

sp...

Freak Out
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM
<3 Rastak.

The Giants had nothing to play for against NE last year and they played their hearts out. I wouldn't take any comfort in that. None.

Coach says play and they get after it.

Bossman641
2 losses on ST / coaching alone.

2 losses purely on defensive collapse alone.

No matter how you slice it, we'd be in playoff contention if we had ANY semblance of a killer instinct in those games.

I'd have to say that M3 should be on the hot seat next season. If he isn't getting orders to clean out some of his coaching staff, then TT should be feeling the heat as well.

Talk about a 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl type of meltdown these past 4 weeks. Absolutely embarrassing.

There needs to be a complete ST overhaul. bears had absolutely no right being in this game.

I am sick

Gunakor
Good God. Sloppy special teams. The defense that has played like a limp dick all year does so again in overtime.

What a sh_tty season.

I can't blame the defense for this one. They were put in some pretty shitty situations all night long by the horrid ST units. And I thought they played a pretty good game. ST's blew this one big time.

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 11:04 PM

He was running clock. I would have played it the same way in that situation. Jaws called it too. That was a smart move that turned ugly because we couldn't put the FG through.
In good weather, and if the Bears hadn't gotten good pressure on the previous kick, I'd agree with you, but not under those circumstances.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 11:04 PM
<3 Rastak.

It'll be anticlimactic anyway. The Giants are going to play like the Bengals did for us vs. the Vikes a few years ago when we needed to get in. But if Chilly loses his chance next week, he better be VERY afraid of the backlash he'll get.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Mentally Defeated

I've been there for a while so nothing surprise me anymore and nothing hurts

We have so many individual failures they are hard to keep track of anymore

For the first time I turned down going to a Packer game at no cost

This team just sickens me

Starts at the top
Then several coaches
Then several underachieving players

We should all be sickened

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 11:06 PM

What a sh_tty season.

I can't blame the defense for this one. They were put in some pretty shitty situations all night long by the horrid ST units. And I thought they played a pretty good game. ST's blew this one big time.

The OT drive was bad. That being said, ST did it again. To say they get an F after this game is giving the letter grade F a bad name.

To paraphrase Sean Connery from "The Untouchables", "These special teams stink like a whorehouse at low tide"

pittstang5
12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Mentally Defeated

Starts at the top
Then several coaches

Wow...nothing could describe my feelings any better than what you just stated.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 11:08 PM
<3 Rastak.

Gee I wonder if the circumstances might have prompted that? Perhaps going into the history book as the team on the ass end of the Pats undefeated season?

I'm sure they'll play hard and they are a very good team but only an idiot would play their starters all game with #1 seed in the bag.

Good night guys and gals!

ND72
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
will anyone be surprised if we lose next week?

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Mentally Defeated

Starts at the top
Then several coaches

I wasn't completely mentally defeated before but I certainly am now. This season has just been one long nightmare, and every time I think it can't get any worse it gets 1000 times worse.

I fear the worst everytime the defense or ST has to do anything. I hold my breath on punt and kick returns. That's the level of confidence I have in the ST unit.

I can't even deal with this anymore. It is laughable the manner in which this team has lost games.

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Somewhere, a Lions fan is posting the same thing on a chat board. :)

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:11 PM

NO, NOT ONE BIT

retailguy
12-22-2008, 11:21 PM

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! Ted is here. HE WILL FIX IT. We will own the entire 7th round, and we'll have LOTS of depth and be the youngest team FIVE YEARS IN A ROW.

You just gotta believe man! Just believe!

Turtle rules :roll:

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! Ted is here. HE WILL FIX IT. We will own the entire 7th round, and we'll have LOTS of depth and be the youngest team FIVE YEARS IN A ROW.

oh knock it off

I do think we have the most talented 5 win roster in the NFL :!:

retailguy
12-22-2008, 11:26 PM

oh knock it off

And just what is that saying? Did you watch the game? And, who hired the coach?

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:29 PM

oh knock it off

You know I'm not a huge TT backer; in in the middle. But I can't throw him under a bus yet. He overestimated the time for some of the young talent to develop...especially on the DL. Hell, it's hard to throw around blame anymore because it lies with just about everybody.

Changes need to be made; people need to be held accountable after the season

gbgary
12-22-2008, 11:35 PM
the Pack got only 3 points in the 3rd quarter and only had 11 plays (2 possessions) in the 4th quarter. that's too much pressure to put on our struggling, exhausted defense. the d may have sucked some, but the o sucked more in the second half.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 11:39 PM
the Pack got only 3 points in the 3rd quarter and only had 11 plays (2 possessions) in the 4th quarter. that's too much pressure to put on our struggling, exhausted defense. the d may have sucked some, but the o sucked more in the second half.

The offense wasn't spectacular, but they did enough to win. Even at the end. They moved the ball inside the Bears 20 yard line with 30 seconds to go. That should be done and done.

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2008, 11:41 PM

How about blaming dumb luck for the punt hitting Bush? Or the ref not calling PI against the Bears when Driver was held? Or Crosby missing two FGs?

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 11:43 PM

Well, there is only one other one, so that wouldn't be sayin' a lot. :-)
(By the way--It's Jacksonville). 7 other teams have fewer than 5 wins--Oakland, Seattle and Cleveland with 4, Cincy with 3, the Rams with 2 and the Lions with...well, you know that one. You could make a case that the Packers have more talent than any of them do, but then the discussion comes back around to coaching.

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM

How about blaming dumb luck for the punt hitting Bush? Or the ref not calling PI against the Bears when Driver was held? Or Crosby missing two FGs?

That last miss wasn't luck at all; it was a total failure of blocking. It wasn't Crosby's fault, to be sure, but it's not just a funny bounce of the ball thing.

Bretsky

Or dumb luck for Green Bay that the punt did NOT hit Blackmond

Badgerinmaine
The offense wasn't spectacular, but they did enough to win. Even at the end. They moved the ball inside the Bears 20 yard line with 30 seconds to go. That should be done and done.
Agreed.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM

Well, there is only one other one, so that wouldn't be sayin' a lot. :-)
(By the way--It's Jacksonville). 7 other teams have fewer than 5 wins--Oakland, Seattle and Cleveland with 4, Cincy with 3, the Rams with 2 and the Lions with...well, you know that one. You could make a case that the Packers have more talent than any of them do, but then the discussion comes back around to coaching.

Gosh that is one shit group we are with. I look at the Jags as being OK but the other six as downright pathetic

From 13-3 to ............

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2008, 11:47 PM

Is it too much to ask the punt returner to catch the ball? I like Blackmon, but he had a terrible night catching punts and kicks.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I love your new sig B :lol: :lol: :lol:

th87
12-22-2008, 11:52 PM
<3 Rastak.

It'll be anticlimactic anyway. The Giants are going to play like the Bengals did for us vs. the Vikes a few years ago when we needed to get in. But if Chilly loses his chance next week, he better be VERY afraid of the backlash he'll get.

That was like 19 years ago! I still remember Don Majkowski and friends watching it on TV, and MNF would check in with them periodically.

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 11:54 PM

Is it too much to ask the punt returner to catch the ball? I like Blackmon, but he had a terrible night catching punts and kicks.

I don't know if that's on Blackmon or Stock, but where the fuck is the adjustment. He was lucky the first one didn't hit his leg or wasn't downed at the 1.

How many balls did he let hit the ground tonight?

The one that almost clipped him, the one that hit Bush, one in the 4th (I think) where he scooped it up off the bounce, one right before the half. That's at least 4. Isn't the job of a punt returner to not let the ball touch the ground unless it is inside the 10?

MOVE UP 10 YARDS!!

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:55 PM

Nope, not at all

While I don't buy your dumb luck theory one bit....if that is your theory....actually you'd be stealing it from Tex........... I'm right with you on the views on Blackmond

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM

Yes, hopefully it comes true

The negative voice in me keeps saying we're going to be stuck with the Vanilla Man. Stock is gone.

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2008, 11:58 PM
While I don't buy your dumb luck theory one bit....if that is your theory....actually you'd be stealing it from Tex........... I'm right with you on the views on Blackmond

Right now, I see us as a slightly above average team talent-wise. I felt like we were pretty similar to that last year also--except last year we had a ton of breaks and no injuries. This year, not so much.

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 12:02 AM

Right now, I see us as a slightly above average team talent-wise. I felt like we were pretty similar to that last year also--except last year we had a ton of breaks and no injuries. This year, not so much.

I see last year's team as being more prepared and doing all the little things to win

This year we are doing all of the little things to lose.

I do think this team can make a fast jump right back to playoffs and might even call our talent as slightly above average

But TT has to get off his ass the first few weeks of FA and get us a starter on the DL and draft another one high.

The past couple years he's sat on his hands the first couple weeks while the market set itself and the top players fell of the board

I hope that doesn't happen this year

We'll have a top 10 pick; no excuse for having some of the handicaps we have playing on the DL on the roster next year at all

digitaldean
12-23-2008, 12:04 AM

He's got a typo, it's not Turnbow, it's Turnblow.

digitaldean
12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
<3 Rastak.

That was like 19 years ago! I still remember Don Majkowski and friends watching it on TV, and MNF would check in with them periodically.

Yeah, OK so I'm an old fart that can't count.... :lol:

Partial
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Rodgers executed the safe game plan well today.

The DL actually came to play.

We score a whopping 3 points in the second half yet again. This team is like a 7/11. They never close.

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
This team is like a 7/11. They never close.

Just like your mom's legs.....

Yeah, I went there.

th87
12-23-2008, 12:21 AM

Yeah, I went there.

GOT EM

gbgary
12-23-2008, 12:29 AM

i agree with that but what i'm saying is it shouldn't have come to that. MM has to call plays that can succeed and the players have to execute them. you have to put drives together by getting first downs. points will come, time will be used up, and teams will be beaten. if a player, play, scheme, or style isn't working then change it. eleven plays doesn't cut it.

Partial
12-23-2008, 12:32 AM

Breaks? Sure, maybe in a few of the games. But Breaks only take you so far. This team without a doubt was a good team when they went to overtime in the Championship game. Flukey teams that get by on breaks don't win playoff games.

Fritz
12-23-2008, 11:20 AM

oh knock it off

Okay, for the third time to you, LL, and 007, all of whom made sarcastic reference to TT loving the seventh round: Thompson has had more second round picks than any other. More than the seventh, the sixth, the third.

Okay?

Partial
12-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Yeah, I went there.

zing.

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Okay, for the third time to you, LL, and 007, all of whom made sarcastic reference to TT loving the seventh round: Thompson has had more second round picks than any other. More than the seventh, the sixth, the third.

Okay?

Shut up, Fritz. You and your facts......can't we just continue in our stereotypical bliss?

Dabaddestbear
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Good hard fought game ladies and gents. look forward to the rivalry that makes us want to pull our hair out again next year!

Noodle
12-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Got to hand it to your team, DBB. They did what they had to do. That is one resilient football team.

retailguy
12-23-2008, 03:06 PM

oh knock it off

Okay?

Fritz. Today, I'm not sure how that's helping us. Yes, his second round picks have worked out, and I'll only speak for myself, when I say that I 've never questioned Ted's ability to draft. Player evaluations are not the ONLY part of the GM job. I have serious concerns related to the REST of his responsibilities. Yeah, I poke fun at Ted from time to time. It helps with the frustration.

As to the 7th round, I think, for me a least, it my way at poking fun of Ted's extreme love for both draft picks and trading DOWN. There is a time for that, but there is also a time where you DON'T want to do that. I think last season (even notwithstanding his trade up), it DID NOT benefit us to trade down. We need a few well placed talented individuals, not a "bunch" more talent.

I've not been quiet about my dislike for Ted. I don't like him. I don't think he's "championship material". Never have. Probably never will. Love him as a personnel guy, HATE him as a leader. His people skills are awful. His management style is poor at best. His ability to surround himself with proven coaching talent is now in serious question (but we need more time for that one, even by my standards). I question whether or not he's "up to the challenge" for a whole GM job. This season only deepened my concerns. Last season, I was ready to admit I was wrong. This season proves to me, that my concerns were well placed. Next season may bring the whole picture into focus. We shall see.

Dabaddestbear
12-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Got to hand it to your team, DBB. They did what they had to do. That is one resilient football team.
yeah, they dont have much talent, but they try to fight with what they got. Thank God for Matt Forte. He should be ROTY, but I am sure Ryan will get that nod.

BEARMAN
12-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Wasn't pretty, but a win is a win, and they are still alive ! Split with ya all this year, next year is full of hope and swear words ! :P ONE more win (an the VQueens loose) and we got 'er done ! :D Maybe your team will be ready next year ? :roll:

Go BEARS Go !