PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Bears thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Didn't see one yet so figured I'd start it.

Beat the F'n Bears! Hopefully we can get a repeat of the last game we played them. I doubt it, but one can hope.

PA Pack Fan
12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
I consider the season to be a total success if we beat the bears twice.

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I consider the season to be a total success if we beat the bears twice.that is what my dad said to me growing up every year.

LL2
12-22-2008, 10:10 AM

It will sure make looking at this past season more bearable!

denverYooper
12-22-2008, 10:47 AM

It will sure make looking at this past season more bearable!

Wokka wokka wokka!

Let's smoke those Fozzies!

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 12:19 PM

It will sure make looking at this past season more bearable! :rs:
Thank you, thank you. Please tip your waitresses generously.

Guiness
12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Anybody down in Chitown today? What's the weather like - is it as nasty as it's made out to be?

-15C and nasty up here in Ontario. I'm anxious to see how Rodgers reacts to a really cold weather game if it's anything like that.

obSideNote: The Carolina/NYG game was awesome.

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Anybody down in Chitown today? What's the weather like - is it as nasty as it's made out to be?

-15C and nasty up here in Ontario. I'm anxious to see how Rodgers reacts to a really cold weather game if it's anything like that.

Weather Channel forecast:
Cloudy. Snow showers developing late. Cold. Low near 5F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Low of +5 F.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
I consider the season to be a total success if we beat the bears twice.that is what my dad said to me growing up every year.

For a long time, this made sense. The Bears owned this rivalry for a long time while I was growing up too. But things are different now. I'd consider it a small victory if we sweep the Bears, but the season still couldn't be considered a total success IMO. Not even a partial success, really. Total success would be 6-0 in the division, winning the NFC North title. Partial success would be 5-1 in the division and a wild card. Small victory is beating the Bears twice, sticking the final dagger in Chicago's playoff hopes. That's where we are at right now.

channtheman
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM

For a long time, this made sense. The Bears owned this rivalry for a long time while I was growing up too. But things are different now. I'd consider it a small victory if we sweep the Bears, but the season still couldn't be considered a total success IMO. Not even a partial success, really. Total success would be 6-0 in the division, winning the NFC North title. Partial success would be 5-1 in the division and a wild card. Small victory is beating the Bears twice, sticking the final dagger in Chicago's playoff hopes. That's where we are at right now.

I would love it if we could end the Bears playoff hopes tonight.

LL2
12-22-2008, 01:08 PM

I'm in the Chicago burbs and it's extremely cold here today. Down by the lake front it will be much worse tonight especially if there is wind off the lake.

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Lets watch the Packers take the heart out of the bears and eliminate them.

PA Pack Fan
12-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Cmon Packers, win one for ol' gipper.

</and don't forget your on national t.v.>

Rastak
12-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Yea, and the ole Rastak too!

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM

We aren't doing this for you.

As a side note, I'll bet that by beating the Bears tonight, we guarantee another year of Chilly on your sideline. That's the other bright side to the deal. Enjoy.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM

As a side note, I'll bet that by beating the Bears tonight, we guarantee another year of Chilly on your sideline. That's the other bright side to the deal. Enjoy.

I figured as much. :D

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2008, 04:04 PM

Hell, do it for Ras. Someone has to go to the playoffs from the North.

Partial
12-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I predict the Packers get shalacked. MM has to learn to prepare his team for the cold. It's going to be nasty down there. Just the way I like it.

Guiness
12-22-2008, 04:33 PM

There was an column on sportsline saying that Chilly should get consideration for coach of the year.

Want to give us your thoughts on that? :twisted:

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 04:54 PM

Hell, do it for Ras. Someone has to go to the playoffs from the North.

I guess I'd be happier if we could find some loophole in the system and send the damn Lions to the playoffs. Or forfeit our playoff spot entirely and give it to the Bucs or the Eagles or the Falcons or something. Because no team from this division really deserves to go to the playoffs anyway IMO.

And because I hate the Vikings. Almost as much as the Bears. Almost.

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 04:54 PM
With Rouse starting tonight TT will get another look before trying to find out if drafting Taylor Mays S, USC would be the best option for '09. Safeties seam to be instants success in the draft lately. Why not get the best one in the draft.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 04:56 PM

There was an column on sportsline saying that Chilly should get consideration for coach of the year.

Want to give us your thoughts on that? :twisted:

Sure, I think it's insane!

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Rastak don't worry you would be able to sleep good tonight.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Rastak don't worry you would be able to sleep good tonight.

If the boys take care of bidness I most likely will.

Harlan Huckleby
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/1066365372492151c892f88.jpg

I get a lump in my throat when I see this avatar.

It reminds me of an avatar of someone I used to know. But his brain was damaged and he woke one morning as a dickhead. A sad story, please don't ask me about it.

Fritz
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I get a lump in my pants.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I get a lump in my pants.

That you skin? I'm gonna Fritz ya stole is account.

Fritz
12-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Nope, Ras, just me.

BTW, no offense ol' friend, but I'm hoping the Vikes get in so Chilly can stick around another year in Minny.

BTW too, the whispers here are that Marinelli - believe it or not - may not automatically be fired at the end of the year.

Oh, and the twosome that replaced Millen will be retained. There will be no mass housecleaning.

Another five years of garbage coming in Detroit. Yes!

Rastak
12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
No prob Fritz, works for me!

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I suppose a game in late December on MNF vs. your biggest rival should be exciting - but it's not.

I just hope the defense doesn't give up 400+ yards and 30+ points.
I hope that the starters and possible guys returning in '09 get some real PT to evaluate the roster.

I give the Pack a 20% chance of winning and another 20-30% chance at a competitive game. I see the likelihood of us losing as pretty high.

PA Pack Fan
12-22-2008, 05:50 PM
HAVE SOME FAITH WILL YA?

YOU DAMN DEBBIE DOWNER!!

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 05:59 PM
How many times do you think Kornheiser will bring up Favre tonight? I might as well get this out there now. Shut the fuck up Kornheiser, he's not on the team anymore.

I hope if he says one more thing like last game's "everytime Rodgers steps on the field he is playing against the other team and Favre" comment Jaws busts him in the mouth.

Partial
12-22-2008, 06:01 PM
My gameplan is to stay warm and hope the fans are chicago are too damn cold to make any noise!

Rastak
12-22-2008, 06:08 PM
My gameplan is to stay warm and hope the fans are chicago are too damn cold to make any noise!

I feel sorry for the poor bastards. I was there a couple of years ago when it was near zero and I did like the stadium but the fact I was trying to stay alive instead of watching a sporting event did sorta bother me.

MTPackerfan
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
How many times do you think Kornheiser will bring up Favre tonight? I might as well get this out there now. Shut the fuck up Kornheiser, he's not on the team anymore.

I hope if he says one more thing like last game's "everytime Rodgers steps on the field he is playing against the other team and Favre" comment Jaws busts him in the mouth.

I say he brings it up enough to get Jaws and Trico to tell him to SHUT THE HELL UP!

Fritz
12-22-2008, 06:12 PM

Well, Boss, last time he made it to the 3 minute mark of the first half. Kornholer is, well, just that.

imscott72
12-22-2008, 06:25 PM

I'm not listening to those chumps tonight. Got my Sports sync radio last week so I can sync up Wayne and Larry to the TV. Fuck Kornhole.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm not listening to those chumps tonight. Got my Sports sync radio last week so I can sync up Wayne and Larry to the TV. Fuck Kornhole.

I have the Offspring on my headphones so I'm one up on all of ya.

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 06:42 PM
HAVE SOME FAITH WILL YA?

YOU DAMN DEBBIE DOWNER!!

Just referencing the last Monday night game (416 yards, 51 points allowed) -- our presence on the national stage lately is poor.

Really, what's to get all jazzed about? I hope we can evaluate talent and stay healthy - if they win, that's just fine by me.

Is there another reason to care about this one besides some alltime rivalry stats - or some 'end strong' factor which really has nothing but moving down the 1st round.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
HAVE SOME FAITH WILL YA?

YOU DAMN DEBBIE DOWNER!!

Just referencing the last Monday night game (416 yards, 51 points allowed) -- our presence on the national stage lately is poor.

Really, what's to get all jazzed about? I hope we can evaluate talent and stay healthy - if they win, that's just fine by me.

Is there another reason to care about this one besides some alltime rivalry stats - or some 'end strong' factor which really has nothing but moving down the 1st round.

You are about 90% right.....keep in mind that free agents evaluate teams for potential....fold like a cheap tent and it may be noted.

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 06:49 PM
HAVE SOME FAITH WILL YA?

YOU DAMN DEBBIE DOWNER!!

You are about 90% right.....keep in mind that free agents evaluate teams for potential....fold like a cheap tent and it may be noted.

Good point, Ras. Now, if Packer fans could convince TT to sign a big name-- oh wait, that hasn't happened before and there's no reason to think he will this offseason. :)

packer4life
12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
what's up packerfans...lets show the nation that we can at least play for pride tonight. I wanna see some smash mouth grant action, a few good bootlegs/rollouts, and a nice 14-10 win based on winning field position and assignment-sure defense...

(a man can dream?)

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Kornhole mentioned Favre as the reason the Packers are 5-9 -- within one minute into the pregame show!

What a dillhole.

oregonpackfan
12-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Kornhole mentioned Favre as the reason the Packers are 5-9 -- within one minute into the pregame show!

What a dillhole.

He is obsessed with the belief the Packers would have a winning season if only they had Favre back under center. A large minority of Packer fans have the same belief. I am NOT one of them.

The Packers have far more problems than the quarterback position.

imscott72
12-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Well here we go. I don't expect a win tonight, but dammit I expect a solid clean effort. At least give us something to be excited for next year.. :roll:

gbgary
12-22-2008, 07:34 PM
we'll see tonight if the Packers still want to play for MM. it's cold and it's meaningless (other than it's the bears).

imscott72
12-22-2008, 07:36 PM
we'll see tonight if the Packers still want to play for MM. it's cold and it's meaningless (other than it's the bears).

National TV, and huge rivalry. If that doesn't get them up then they don't deserve to be in the NFL..

MadtownPacker
12-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Well, the season is hosed, so screw it! Beat the bears and to hell with the draft position. Give us something for Xmas dammit!!

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 07:38 PM

What a dillhole.

He also kinda weaved in a "Rodgers is the better QB this year" however, which was kind of surprising.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 07:39 PM

National TV, and huge rivalry. If that doesn't get them up then they don't deserve to be in the NFL..

in the last few years they've sucked on national tv. i'm thinking they've had enough of MM as i have.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 07:45 PM
did you hear that I formation stat they just gave? i've been saying all year that they need to just run straight ahead instead of sideways.

Guiness
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
wow, you can taste the apathy in here...

Game thread third from the top - during the game!!!!!

:cry:

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
How many layers does Jennings have on? He looks like a TE out there.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 07:50 PM
3 and out? Really?

imscott72
12-22-2008, 07:50 PM
AJ!! Nice hold by the D there..

imscott72
12-22-2008, 07:51 PM
2 penalties already just over 5 mins into the game..Here we go again..

Guiness
Was the first block on that return legal?
If so, nice, and bought the returner 10 yds.

gbgary
are we the most penalized team in the league? :roll:

less than a dozen plays in the game (from both teams combined) and we've had two penalties.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 07:54 PM
another wide-open miss. a little air under that and he'd got it.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't think we'll see a WR drafted this year, nice catch Ruvell. A running back, maybe Shonn Greene in the 2nd or a quality burner in the middle rounds? wouldn't that be nice? Teams have proven this year and last that the more quality runners you have the better

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I predict the Packers get shalacked. MM has to learn to prepare his team for the cold. It's going to be nasty down there. Just the way I like it.

IMO this is a close game; we match up well with da Bears

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't think we'll see a WR drafted this year, nice catch Ruvell. A running back, maybe Shonn Greene in the 2nd or a quality burner in the middle rounds? wouldn't that be nice? Teams have proven this year and last that the more quality runners you have the better

with donald getting a little long in the tooth and jennings not signed, a good wr wouldn't hurt. they have bigger problems then that though.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM

We have B-Jax too remember. And maybe Lumpkin comes back healthy and motivated next year. Last thing I'm worried about right now is WR, but the second last thing I'm worried about right now is RB.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Figures that after that thread saying how AROD was so good at the deep ball he throws up that shit pass long ball to a wide open DD

It's all Justin Harrell's fault (the poster) :lol:

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Figures that after that thread saying how AROD was so good at the deep ball he throws up that shit pass long ball to a wide open DD

That's gotta be a tougher pass to complete when you're tossing a frozen rock.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 08:02 PM

We have B-Jax too remember. And maybe Lumpkin comes back healthy and motivated next year. Last thing I'm worried about right now is WR, but the second last thing I'm worried about right now is RB.

While I agree, and think the trenches is our biggest "need", the Packers certainly could use a game-changing home run hitter at RB. Right now, we don't have that Leon Washington, Derrick Ward, Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, etc.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Lucky!!

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Wow, those sure do look like typical Bear fans.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:04 PM

yes. he threw that ball too much on a line and then the ball to jennings was thrown too early without rodgers being under pressure. he needs to settle down.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Gotta love those chicago fatboys they just showed crying about the punt living up to that SNL bearfan character people always post.

Bretsky
don't worry be happy

We win we beat the Bears
We lose we get a better draft pick

RashanGary
Gotta love those chicago fatboys they just showed crying about the punt living up to that SNL bearfan character people always post.

Haha. That was my exact thought.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2008, 08:06 PM
http://kropp.poetshome.com/wp-content/uploads/dabears.jpg

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 08:09 PM
don't worry be happy

We win we beat the Bears

I thought I didn't care, but seeing those dumb ass Bear fans whining has the spark back for me.

Take'em down.

MJZiggy
12-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Way to screw up a challenge Lovie!!

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 08:11 PM
don't worry be happy

We win we beat the Bears

I thought I didn't care, but seeing those dumb ass Bear fans whining has the spark back for me.

Take'em down.

My spirit is defeated

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:11 PM
Way to screw up a challenge Lovie!!

I think his replay guys only had the one camera view, because if you look at both of them it's obvious it never touched his shoe.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:12 PM
that's more like it. twelve yards at a time and first downs.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:13 PM
No good...

gbgary
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

imscott72
Well our O line is getting owned again. I'm sure that will surprise a lot of people.. :roll:

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 08:14 PM
can we be any more predictable w/ our runs and passes?

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:16 PM
orton looks like a porn star...........in the face. :D

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Defense doing a nice job overall. NO pass rush, but there havn't been all that many passes.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Good job collapsing the pocket by Hunter on that play. The defense is playing very solid tonight. Only one first down given up in the first quarter, and no points given up off of the turnover.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 08:21 PM
orton looks like a porn star...........in the face. :D

True that...."Kyle "diggler" Orton.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:22 PM
ROFL!!!

Good ugly kick :lol:

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:26 PM
That was great protection right there..

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
That was great protection right there..

And a fine job of Rodgers keeping his eyes downfield

Guiness
12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
that was a classic DD catch over the middle...

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Our WR's gotta get open sometime. Thats twice this drive that Rodgers had 5 seconds and nobody got open.

Packers4Glory
RUN THE BALLLLLLLLLLL

imscott72
Good job collapsing the pocket by Hunter on that play. The defense is playing very solid tonight. Only one first down given up in the first quarter, and no points given up off of the turnover.

They usually play decent early in games. It's the 2nd half that worries me. At least Chicago isn't an offensive juggernaut.

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 08:29 PM
2nd and 2

u have to run in this weather. try to keep the chains moving.

imscott72
Flynn!! NICE....

Gunakor
RUN THE BALLLLLLLLLLL

Why, we haven't gotten more than 2 yards on any run play we've tried today. The run game isn't working.

FLYNN ON THE FAKE, LOVE THE CALL!!!

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Sweet cut inside to make the yardage by Flynn, too. That was fantastic.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Kind of sad that Flynn is now our leading rusher.

Kyle.McCarroll
12-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Grant- 6 carries, 2 yards

Flynn-1 carry, 6 yards

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 08:32 PM
We blasted the bears with our run game in the first game so it's not suprise to see them focusing on it now. They're scheming to shut down the run, McCarthy has either anticipated that or noticed that and changed, hence the pass heavy offense early until the pass opens up the run.

Fosco33
Finally - some flash! I was thinking - why not go for it?

If you're gonna win on the road and be a spoiler - go for it all?

Good call, execution. Let's get some points now.

Gunakor
Kind of sad that Flynn is now our leading rusher.

MM agrees, so he sends Grant on a run for 5 on the next play.

And then a run for 10 on the play afterwards.

digitaldean
I think ol RG just heard us...

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I think the offensive play calling has been great so far. It's been a nice mix of run/pass. The Bears pass D is their weakness so it's not too surprising to see us attack that.

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I think ol RG just heard us...

Running inside the 20 with success now> surprising.

RSS feeds from packerrats?

Packers4Glory
oh look...stick w/ the run and we start gaining some yards.

Gunakor
I think the offensive play calling has been great so far. It's been a nice mix of run/pass. The Bears pass D is their weakness so it's not too surprising to see us attack that.

The offensive playcalling was phenomenal last time these two teams met also.

imscott72
Jennings TD!!! WOOHOO

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 08:35 PM
FuCk YeAh

Beat those stupid bears. Merry Christmas Ras - the Vikes lost one a few years ago that helped the Packers - it's payback time :P

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry, just making comments off of Game Tracker (have to get a magazine out before New Years and can't watch TV).

Nice sustained 91 yard drive. Ate up a ton of clock.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
FuCk YeAh

Beat those stupid bears. Merry Christmas Ras - the Vikes lost one a few years ago that helped the Packers - it's payback time :P

Whatever. It ain't for them.

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Defense is playing really well today, for a change.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I've seen this show before.

imscott72
FuCk YeAh

The Vikings are gonna get creamed by whoever they play in the playoffs anyhow..

Oh boy...HUge kick return..Gotta love those special teams.. :roll:

Packers4Glory
oh i forgot how shitty our coverage team is.

if that were our KO return team, it would have had like 5 flags on the field.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
CUT THAT MUTHERFUCKER!!!!
Jarrett Bush just got carried TWENTY FIVE YARDS trying to make a stop on ST's. That motherfucker does NOT have a roster spot next year.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Can our ST or defense stop taking turns on trying to give a game away?

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
we continue the soft, non-bump and run, pass defense. has anyone heard an explanation why this has happened?

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
CUT THAT MUTHERFUCKER!!!!
Jarrett Bush just got carried TWENTY FIVE YARDS trying to make a stop on ST's. That motherfucker does NOT have a roster spot next year.

He actually got quite a lot of votes for ST probowl if i read correctly, some people must think he's good.

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2008, 08:43 PM
The only positive play for the Bears pffense in the game so far and it came on a packer BLITZ. That's BLITZ as in STUPIDITY!

Then Vanilla Bob went back to tried and true VANILLA D, and they stop 'em and hold 'em to a field goal.

Jarrett Bush saved a touchdiown, fool.

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 08:44 PM
is bush the problem or is it that KO return team parts like the red sea for Moses on nearly every kick off

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 08:44 PM
So many commercials.

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Shit Donald's done...Wow..

Guiness
12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Driver stretched out for that - almost got it

Gunakor
Jarrett Bush saved a touchdiown, fool.

He did. I just wish he'd have saved it twenty yards sooner.

imscott72
yes JJ! time to step up!!

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:50 PM
the guy fell on donald's leg. hope it isn't broken.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
a sterling sighting. :D

and donald is back!! woo hoo

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Driver's gonna come back. Sweet..

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:55 PM
GRANT!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Zool
A SCREEN! Unbelievable.

Fosco33
Great call - great, great call.

Good blocks, running through guys - beautiful.

Where was this for the last 2 months?>

Gunakor
Something about these Bears...

mission
12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
thats the first time ive ever seen grant run a guy over .. lol

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Great call - great, great call.

Good blocks, running through guys - beautiful.

Where was this for the last 2 months?>

No shit..This 1st half looks as good as they've looked all year, other than that kick return..

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 08:57 PM
thats the first time ive ever seen grant run a guy over .. lol

2 guys on that play :)

Gunakor
It's these Bears...

51-6 thru 6 quarters this season.

Guiness
Something about these Bears...

ya. They're the bears. All in lowercase :lol:

Nice catch and run by Grant. Hope that's something we can expect more of

gbpackfan
Ryan Grant is all that is MAN!!! GET OFF ME!!!!

Sidenote: Donald Driver is the toughest SOB ever!

gbgary
they've come to play and that's awesome. showing some heart.

imscott72
12-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Dammit Mason...Come the fuck on.. :evil:

Zool
Honked the kickoff.

Fosco33
nice kick :roll:

somehow 40 yard line is better than trying to tackle apparently

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
pathetic. u have to kick out of bounds to stop the returns

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice catch Hester.

you can review it still.

imscott72
Hester didn't catch that ball..What's weird is they ran a play though..WTF?

Gunakor
Nice catch Hester.

you can review it still.

That ball is on the ground...

Fosco33
So they will reverse it and then add the time back - at the 40?

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 09:01 PM
A SCREEN! Unbelievable.

I was sort of shocked, that it worked.

digitaldean
If no replay that's on the officials since they control it in last 2 minutes...

Is Ed Hochuli here tonight??

Fosco33
Nice catch Hester.

you can review it still.

That ball is on the ground...

facetious

imscott72
12-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Nick!!! COME ON...GRRR

Fosco33
gotta int that pro bowl

gbgary
butler has to catch those. :D

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Not watching TV (GameCast) did Collins drop it??

Gunakor
Nick!!! COME ON...GRRR

He has 3 TD returns this year already, so I think he gets a pass there. That was a great play even without the pick.

Fosco33

easy one

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Mayner just grabbed his balls before he punted - wonder if that's how he gets his leg so high :P

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Defense playing well

Ryan Grant broke a tackle

A screen pass worked

Holy shit, is this what it feels like to win a game?

imscott72
What a great 1st half. Let's hope they can carry it over to the 2nd half this time..

Bretsky
holy shit

we're going to win a game

seems like it's been two months :!:

gbgary
12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
i think rastak owes everyone here a beer. :D

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 09:09 PM
We've got Lovie's number. For some reason it feels really good to knock them out of the playoffs. I hope we can finish this thing off.

I'm also hoping for two more TD passes from Rodgers. It would be great if he could some how get to 30 TD's this year.

arcilite
holy shit

if the packers lose imma beat your ass

MJZiggy
Defense playing well

Ryan Grant broke a tackle

A screen pass worked

Holy shit, is this what it feels like to win a game?

Hush, you're gonna jinx it.

Fosco33
Bears have more return yards than offensive yards.

Packers have more penalites than Bears have first downs.

Please - make only minor adjustments and stick to the run - it's worked toward the end of the half.

Here's hoping DD is alright 8-)

Guiness
12-22-2008, 09:10 PM

Ya, nice play but didn't hold on to it. He probably should've, but did a good job breaking up the play none the less

texaspackerbacker
12-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Popinga was playing DE. Is Kampman hurt, or what?

He didn't look bad there.

Joemailman
12-22-2008, 09:15 PM
The Packers corners against the Bears WR's is such a mismatch it's like Orton doesn't have any WR's out there to throw to. I'll bet a lot of the Bears wins have been against teams that play a lot of zone.

Guiness
12-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Popinga was playing DE. Is Kampman hurt, or what?

He didn't look bad there.

Really? I missed that, but it is an interesting experiment. A few here have brought it up

packers04
12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
nah kampmans been in there 2.
it seems with poppinga, chillar, and hunter we finally have a resemblance of a pass rush.

the last few weeks its like our D-Line has been stuck in mud trying to rush the QB. tonight everyones moving a little faster it seems. or maybe its just my HD tv? haha.

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Great first half. Let's keep it up in the second. I really wasn't very pumped up for this game all week, but once kickoff rolled around the juices got flowing again. It was great seeing Grant run Steltz over.

Couple quick things I noticed -

They've been moving Kampman around on the DL. Remember there was an article a few weeks back about him preferring to stay in the same spot? He's swapped over to the other end a few times.

The Packers ran a play from the 3 RB (Grant deep in the middle and flanked on both sides by RB's) that I hadn't seen all year. Normally they run the toss from there and Grant cuts it into the middle of the field. Instead, they ran Grant on a straight dive up the middle. Looked like Urlacher was expecting the toss cause he guessed at a hole and was dead wrong.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:21 PM
Only an 11 yard return? Wow...

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Monty with 2 sacks tonight?!

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Not good at all...

RashanGary
Damn it, lucky bastards.

Zool
http://www.cutjarredbush.com

imscott72
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I HATE ST'S.. :evil:

mission
Bush...

What happened to the Peter call?

Iron Mike
Lemme guess...Jarrett Bush. :roll:

Chevelle2
Why is Jarrett Bush still on this team?

CaptainKickass
12-22-2008, 09:24 PM
and there's Bush takin it in the ass

Gunakor
That's twice now...

Zool
Blackmon is not having a good game on the punt return team.

digitaldean
Any possibility this stiff can be replaced by a mannequin??

Packers4Glory
all right thats my packers. find ways to lose. bears can't move the ball so help them by not covering kicks or making dumb plays on special teams!

TennesseePackerBacker
Give it away Give it away Give it away now

imscott72
holy shit

Nice jinx B!

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
These special teams sure are special. Just irritating as hell.

Fosco33
12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
a fg would be a win

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
this team can't put together a complete game to save their lives.

that has to fall on coaching. penalties and dumb plays. it hasnt got better. only worse

imscott72
12-22-2008, 09:27 PM
TWill just got owned..

Guiness
Why is Jarrett Bush still on this team?

come on - there's no way you can blame that on him.

He was throwing a really good block, and the ball bounced into the back of his leg? He's not even supposed to be looking for the ball

Damn! Bears TD. Sucks that we dominate, and are now only up by 3

RashanGary
I always feel dirty getting away with a fake punt. The shady fake punt karma is catching up.

Gunakor
this team can't put together a complete game to save their lives.

that has to fall on coaching. penalties and dumb plays. it hasnt got better. only worse

I think the coaching has been fine in this one. Jarrett Bush has been directly responsible for all 10 of the Bears points in this game.

imscott72
12-22-2008, 09:28 PM
In all fairness Bush got blocked into that punt. He was locked up with his blocker so I'll let this one slide. I still think he sucks.

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Fuck you Bush.

And for the love of god Blackmon, fair catch a fucking punt.

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
TWill just got owned..

You see him looking at Collins and holding his hands up? Collins got sucked in and it looked like Williams had outside expecting Collins to have inside.

Ahh breakdowns. I fucking love them.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:30 PM
OK, now if I hear Partial blaming ARod if we lose this one, I'm gonna blow my lid.

If our ST can't cover a punt and can't stop a return, kick the ball out of bounds on KOs and have all 11 men stand on the line of scrimmage during a punt. We may not win the field position battle, but for crying out loud we won't give a team were dominating a 2nd, 3rd or 4th chance to come back.

imscott72
Wow, just wow..

Packers4Glory
yes. special teams looking sharp!

gbgary
TWill just got owned..

i think collins blew that coverage. for some reason he was up and in no man's land. go back and take a second look. williams looked like he was expecting someone to be there.

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.firemikestock.com

And Blackmon is playing the worst game I've seen him play. How do you let a kickoff go through? Its a fucking kickoff.

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:31 PM
TWill just got owned..

i think collins blew that coverage. for some reason he was up and in no man's land. go back and take a second look. williams looked like he was expecting someone to be there.

QFT

Just broke the play down but I disagree. The RB is Hawks assignment in that not Collins' assignment. Collins effed up.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Give Mike Stock his bags plus cab fare to O'Hare, but don't let him come back to Green Bay!

Bush can get FedEx'd to just about any other team for all I care. Leave an open roster spot, at least you won't have him boning up plays.

imscott72
TWill just got owned..

You see him looking at Collins and holding his hands up? Collins got sucked in and it looked like Williams had outside expecting Collins to have inside.

Ahh breakdowns. I fucking love them.

Yep, Collins bit on the play fake..

gbgary
TWill just got owned..

QFT

i just went back to the previous page and saw you posted the same thing. :oops:

what does qft stand for?

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Quoted for truth.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 09:34 PM
holy shit

Nice jinx B!

This one's in the bank :lol:

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 09:35 PM
special teams problems started before the first kick of the season by cutting Ryan for that POS Frost.

just one of the many dumb decisions made by management

Guiness
TWill just got owned..

QFT

Just broke the play down but I disagree. The RB is Hawks assignment in that not Collins' assignment. Collins effed up.

mebbe - looked like he bit on the play action, and came up looking to fill on the run

digitaldean
You know, B we're gonna have to come and torch the rally chair if this happens....

Zool
12-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Pressure on max protect? Seriously?

The 3rd quarter swoon is officially in effect.

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 09:36 PM
I feel we will be losing here very shortly

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 09:37 PM
You know, B we're gonna have to come and torch the rally chair if this happens....

that is where I'm sitting :lol:

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 09:38 PM
I don't understand you people, yes I have as much fan hate as anyone towards Bush, but he SAVED the TD on the first kick return, regardless if he got dragged 15 yards or not. As someone pointed out the punt coverage wasn't his fault either, they just didn't yell "peter" loud enough.

Chevelle2
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Moll is awful.

Packers4Glory
choke in full effect! special teams + penalties

now just waiting for the defense to fall apart

digitaldean
3 people who can get cut after the Detroit game (Bush, Poppinga and "The Moll")

Gunakor
Hmph.. There's that vaunted MM playcalling on 3rd and long again.

Zool
Well good idea. Punt it away. Lets see if we cant be behind here in 5 seconds.

imscott72
What kind of play call was that? Are we going conservative already?

Iron Mike
We needed to take a time-out to come up with THAT play?? :evil:

Packers4Glory
12-22-2008, 09:40 PM
3 people who can get cut after the Detroit game (Bush, Poppinga and "The Moll")

how bout half the coaching staff along w/ TT

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:40 PM
We needed to take a time-out to come up with THAT play?? :evil:

It was either that or take a knee, I suppose. MM must have lost his playbook.

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 09:41 PM
What ever happened to YAC ?

Iron Mike
12-22-2008, 09:41 PM
All right, I'm calling it......Orton throws a pick 6 next play. :wink:

Guiness
12-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Iron Mike - can you resize that pic in your sig - takes up half the screen

gbgary
12-22-2008, 09:43 PM
another false start. is the snap count a secret or are just some of the players allowed to know it? maybe AR doesn't communicate it well in the huddle? :shock: :D

Iron Mike
12-22-2008, 09:43 PM
All right, I'm calling it......Orton throws a pick 6 next play. :wink:

Harris let me down..... :(

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:44 PM
another false start. is the snap count a secret or are just some of the players allowed to know it? maybe AR doesn't communicate it well in the huddle? :shock: :D
Maybe for Moll, he should get 1 kick in the ass if it's on one, or 2 if it's on two.

imscott72
12-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Well what do you know, Blackmon caught one..

Guiness
nice series for the D

(Helped out by Hester and his wooden hands)

imscott72
Iron Mike - can you resize that pic in your sig - takes up half the screen

+1

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 09:46 PM
What kind of play call was that? Are we going conservative already?

How often do you expect to pick up a 3rd and 20? Bear offense is horrible. I have no problem with making the Bear offense win the game. We've given them enough points.

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Good game for the defense IMO. Collins seems to be embracing his probowl birth. You can see he's prepared and ready for what the Bears are doing. His hands could use some work, but you could tell he was prepared to play today.

The redzone thing was a blunder though. It's tough, you hesitate and they probably run it right in. He's good at filling the run, just bit too hard.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 09:47 PM
that's not a slant.

gbgary
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
let's see...third and short...go long.

mission
Long pass to Finally!

Gunakor
OMG!!!!

FINLEY made a HUGE play!!!

gbgary
12-22-2008, 09:49 PM
:lol: did i call that or what. this time it worked.

digitaldean
12-22-2008, 09:49 PM
This isn't a joke right?? I just saw a FREAKIN 35 YARD GAIN TO FINLEY???

WTF? Did the Bears all go to Starbucks??

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Missing calls again I see. Driver gets no love from officials...

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Driver was raped, then a drop. That's the 2nd he should've had tonight.

PackerTimer
Terrible no call.

RashanGary
jermichael with a play, FINALLY!!!!

Packers4Glory
special teams sure are special :roll:

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Defense doing great IMO.