PDA

View Full Version : Pick Your Poison: Vikings or Bears?

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Now that the Packers are out of the running for the division crown (seems like the Lions have been out since Halloween :-)), who would you rather see win the division: the Bears or Vikings?

I've been on the record here before as saying I have a soft spot for the Vikings; my brother Peter's best friend growing up played ten years for the Vikings and grew up five blocks down the street from us in Madison--he was always very nice to me, too. Plus, while some of you don't believe me, the Vikings fans I know invariably root for the Packers when it doesn't affect the Vikings. The clincher is that I can't stand the Bears, so this one is easy for me. How about you?

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
The Vikings, only because I never want to see the Bears win another division title as long as I live. That said, I wish the division would just come down to the Packers and Lions every single year, because the Vikings are right behind the Bears as far as teams I never want to see win another division title as long as I live.

MadScientist
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Vikings, because I want to see the Packers stomp daBears tonight. That would give the division to the Vikings.

sheepshead
12-22-2008, 01:09 PM
The only way the Bears get in is to beat the Packers. I can only assume you didn't know that when you created this poll.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
The only way the Bears get in is to beat the Packers. I can only assume you didn't know that when you created this poll.

There are some so called Packer fans that are hoping the Packers lose both of their last 2 games, since they'd likely move up 3-5 spots on the draft board come April. Some of those people might be voting in this poll also, so don't be suprised if there are a few votes for the Bears. If the Bears win the division, that automatically means the Packers are going to recieve better draft position than if the Vikings win it.

For the record, I don't see a huge difference between #6 and #10, so I hope the Rodgers begins his decade of dominance at Soldier Field beginning tonight. Favre was like 14-2 or 13-3 during regular season games in Chicago, and I'd like to see the same from Rodgers. With any luck, he'll be 1-0 tomorrow.

pack4to84
12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I want to see the Packers eliminate the bears tonight.

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 02:59 PM
In another thread, some posters said they hate the Vikings so much that they hope the Packers lose tonight.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
In another thread, some posters said they hate the Vikings so much that they hope the Packers lose tonight.

Nice fans, eh?

Bossman641
12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Vikings by far. I can't stand the Bears.

Badgerinmaine
12-22-2008, 03:10 PM

Nice fans, eh?

Yeah. :roll: :roll: :roll: Talk about Rats leaving a sinking ship.

I want my team, and that is the Green Bay Packers, to win every single game it plays. And why, Coach Edwards, do we play?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Something tells me the average age of said posters is between 16-26 years old. Because if they were any older than that, they'd remember WHY Chicago is our #1 most hated rival. Like I said, I hope I never see Chicago win another NFC North title as long as I live.

MadScientist
12-22-2008, 03:31 PM
For the record, I don't see a huge difference between #6 and #10.
Don't know about #6 but the Packers' last pick at 5 was a whole lot better than their last pick at #10.

Either way, I hope they pick a game changer, rather than a management changer.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 04:34 PM
For the record, I don't see a huge difference between #6 and #10.
Don't know about #6 but the Packers' last pick at 5 was a whole lot better than their last pick at #10.

Either way, I hope they pick a game changer, rather than a management changer.

They can find one as easily at #10 as they could at #6 - in most drafts anyway. I don't know who is all coming out this year or where they are going to be projected, but odds are great that there will be a few game changers left when #10 rolls around.

I am having trouble finding the last time the Packers drafted with the 10th overall pick. Who was the player Green Bay last selected at #10 overall? I'm just curious for comparison's sake.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 04:51 PM
There has only been 1 picked at number 10 for the Packers all time.

The greatest defensive end ever drafted by the Packers.....Jamaal Reynolds!!

edit: I'm sorry, there were two, Larry Elkins from Baylor drafted 10th overall 1965.

Gunakor
12-22-2008, 04:59 PM

edit: I'm sorry, there were two, Larry Elkins from Baylor drafted 10th overall 1965.

Yeah, I guess AJ Hawk has done considerably better in this league than Reynolds has :lol:

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2008, 09:23 PM

About equally helpful. :roll:

SnakeLH2006
12-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Vikes easily...I got shithole fan/buddies of both teams, but the Bear fans always think they have something owed them. Neither will do shit in the playoffs, but at least the Vikes are 0-4 in SB, so I can always bring that up. Fuck 'em both. Bears fans are really fucking annoying even if they lose though.

SnakeLH2006
12-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Vikes easily...I got shithole fan/buddies of both teams, but the Bear fans always think they have something owed them. Neither will do shit in the playoffs, but at least the Vikes are 0-4 in SB, so I can always bring that up. Fuck 'em both. Bears fans are really fucking annoying even if they lose though.

The fucking Viking Mascot eats out of dumpsters and looks the part. All the Vikings fans I EVER met are fair-weather posers....at least the Bears fans are die-hards.

Makes it easy to say the Vikes as most of their fans won't appreciate it and their coach sux...at least Lovie is a good coach. Bitter pill either way. Still fuck the Bears.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/cjhaig_lv/FuckBears.jpg

Dabaddestbear
12-25-2008, 09:14 AM

Something tells me the average age of said posters is between 16-26 years old. Because if they were any older than that, they'd remember WHY Chicago is our #1 most hated rival. Like I said, I hope I never see Chicago win another NFC North title as long as I live.
Sorry, but unless you are dropping dead very soon that is very unlikely.

KYPack
12-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, ya look at PR for one thing.

We got a Viking fan who hangs around and is one of the better posters on here. Ya got a couple Bear fans, one who is OK, & one that is an ass (see above this post.)

ViQueens forever, Bears & Lions, never!

Dabaddestbear
12-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, ya look at PR for one thing.

We got a Viking fan who hangs around and is one of the better posters on here. Ya got a couple Bear fans, one who is OK, & one that is an ass (see above this post.)

ViQueens forever, Bears & Lions, never!
Why thank you for adding to my Celebrity. :wink:

gex
12-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I gotta go with da Bears on this one. Got a lot of buddies who are bears fans(I have know idea how they all kinda wound up here......Must be kinda like how all the tt lovers ended up at this forum), but like Snake stated above... they are loyal to their team and I respect that. 8-)

BEARMAN
12-27-2008, 01:21 AM
Da BEARS ! :twisted: