PDA

View Full Version : not wearing long sleeves in the cold = STUPID

red
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
its not tough, its just stupid

the body doesn't work the same when its cold, plus the body burns more energy trying to stay warm

i live in a cold area, i don't walk around in shorts, i put more clothes on.

these guys playing in zero degree weather with bare arms cracks me up and just makes me think they're idiots

Bretsky
12-22-2008, 10:12 PM
red is a wuss :lol:

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 10:15 PM

the body doesn't work the same when its cold, plus the body burns more energy trying to stay warm

these guys playing in zero degree weather with bare arms cracks me up and just makes me think they're idiots

Agree.

red
12-22-2008, 10:15 PM
no, i'm smart

i realize we aren't cavemen anymore and that mankind has even invented warmthings called clothes to keep us

RashanGary
12-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll go out in the cold underdressed, but if someone is paying me millions of dollars to play football I'll be damn sure to make sure I have every ounce of energy to play my best game. Stupid. I agree.

MJZiggy
12-22-2008, 10:19 PM
They are begging for frostbite. It's not just fingers and toes ya know.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-22-2008, 10:22 PM

You never play high school football? I've played in plenty of games 30 and under in all kinds of weather. Once the adrenaline gets going you don't feel much, including cold. It does effect some people, but it's certainly not the majority.

Noodle
12-22-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not going to belabor it, but even though you may not feel you, your body won't work as well. You'll burn energy keeping warm that you could use to hit someone in the mouth.

red
12-22-2008, 10:28 PM

You never play high school football? I've played in plenty of games 30 and under in all kinds of weather. Once the adrenaline gets going you don't feel much, including cold. It does effect some people, but it's certainly not the majority.

it has nothing to do with what you feel, its just like noddle says

its how you're body is reacting to it

plus 30 degrees is a lot different then 5 degrees. huge difference

oregonpackfan
12-23-2008, 12:04 AM

Not only does the body burn more energy but the muscles do not work as well when they are cold. If the muscles are not working as well, the body just can't perform athletically as well.

Partial
12-23-2008, 12:36 AM
To my knowledge it was only the skill players going sleeveless and that is because they can easily be grabbed when making a cut. Note this was the same for both teams basically.

red
12-23-2008, 12:41 AM
To my knowledge it was only the skill players going sleeveless and that is because they can easily be grabbed when making a cut. Note this was the same for both teams basically.

no, a lot of linemen were doing it

Freak Out
12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
If the wind is not blowing going sleeveless is not a real big deal...unless it's real cold -15 or so....the big problem is all the fucking TV timeouts and shit....you get warm then cold...back and forth....the body cannot easily maintain the heat it is producing. Thin sleeves will help very little then...only a thick layer will really help.