PDA

View Full Version : Pivotal Play Of the Game

oregonpackfan
12-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I thought the pivotal play of the game happened on the Bears' punt which hit Jarrett Bush in the back of the calf. If you recall, the Packers were ahead 14-3 at the time. The Packers' offense was working relatively well.

If the Packers could have maintained a drive, they could have gone up 17-3 or 21-3.

Instead, the Bears got the ball around the Packers 25 yard line. They drove for the touchdown and narrowed the score 14-10. The Packers went downhill from there.

If you don't agree with me, what play do you consider the most important one of the game?

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree with you.

A simplistic thread is needed tonight. Everybody just agree.

channtheman
12-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I agree. That was in the first half right? We may have even gone up 21 - 3 which probably would have been to big of a lead for even MM to give up in the second half.

red
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
yup, jerrett freaking bush

why was he even on this team this year?

that play and the one where he was dragged 40 yards

Bossman641
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Yep no question. Defense comes out and does their job to start the 3rd - holding that pathetic offense to 3 and out and giving the offense the chance to blow the game wide open, completely taking the crowd out of the game. Instead, Bears get a gift TD and the crowd comes alive.

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM

wanted to give him another chance after f'ckin up last year by not falling on a fumble in the game to go to the Super Bowl ??

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 12:16 AM

wanted to give him another chance after f'ckin up last year by not falling on a fumble in the game to go to the Super Bowl ??

B, of all the things you could remind me of tonight please do not remind me of that play. It still haunts me.

Bossman641
12-23-2008, 12:19 AM

B, of all the things you could remind me of tonight please do not remind me of that play. It still haunts me.

Can we get a temporary ban going on him for the next day or so. :lol:

I'm trying to concentrate on one miserable loss and he's bringing up other bad memories. That's on top of his 0-ever streak of predictions in the game thread.

Freak Out
12-23-2008, 12:19 AM
A Bush in the WH and a Bush on the Packers....enough said. No...not enough...I agree with you OPF....that play was the death knell for the Pack tonight.

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 12:21 AM

My sarcasm is in rare form tonight; somebody should have disabled my connection in the fourth qtr and we might have won :!:

digitaldean
12-23-2008, 12:21 AM
I agree OPF. This gave new life to the Bears when the Packers looked like they were kicking their tails around the field.

Minimum 10 point swing? Yup that's a turning point for me...

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2008, 01:04 AM
Seriously, it's hard to really fault Bush on the play. Dumb luck.

dabootski
12-23-2008, 01:07 AM
Seriously, it's hard to really fault Bush on the play. Dumb luck.

agreed. if dude was five feet to the right no one would have even brought this up. thats just the way the ball bounces sometimes.

superfan
12-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Definitely the pivotal play of the game. Agreed.

I've hated Bush for over a year now, but I don't fault him for this one. A combination of Blackmon not giving him enough notice (and maybe not moving up enough to field the punt in the first place) and simply a tough break.

Zool
12-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Blackmon played a shitty game. He let pretty much every punt bounce before going for it. He was quite a ways away from that ball that hit Bush.

sheepshead
12-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Pivotal Indeed. Good Call.

Willard
12-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Blackmon played a shitty game. He let pretty much every punt bounce before going for it. He was quite a ways away from that ball that hit Bush.
Agreed. Its feast or famine with Blackmon, and I'm more than a little hungry. He doesnt seem very football-smart. On ST, and definitely not on defense.

Pugger
12-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Normally I will be calling for Bush's head for this type of play but if you get a chance to watch it again Bush was being held big time and blocked right into the ball. It's hard to move away from the play when somebody has two hands clutched onto your jersey. :? After the ball hit his leg the bare player drove him into the frozen turf. :evil:

ND72
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I agree. That was in the first half right? We may have even gone up 21 - 3 which probably would have been to big of a lead for even MM to give up in the second half.

No, it was the first series of the 2nd half. Defense came out and got a 3 and out, Bears punted, and it hit Bush.

ND72
12-23-2008, 09:31 AM

I've hated Bush for over a year now, but I don't fault him for this one. A combination of Blackmon not giving him enough notice (and maybe not moving up enough to field the punt in the first place) and simply a tough break.

Actually I blame Bush big time. On one of the replays ESPN played, before teh ball even hits the ground, you can hear Blackmon yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE, yet bush kept running towards him.

cpk1994
12-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Actually I blame Bush big time. On one of the replays ESPN played, before teh ball even hits the ground, you can hear Blackmon yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE, yet bush kept running towards him.Yeah. While being held.

Guiness
12-23-2008, 11:05 AM

That was just such a f#@$ up play all around. Did Blackmon really do the wrong thing? It was a wind blown punt that he thought he didn't have a chance of fielding cleanly - so he go out of the way, like he's supposed to.

My vote for pivitol moments? The two INT's the D made, that the O didn't convert on. Both times, Bear fans said 'that's the game, and our season'. Both time, we didn't put the dagger in them.

Fritz
12-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Losing the coin flip for overtime. Pivotal, given this defense.