PDA

View Full Version : Not disappointed really

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Before the game, I told superfan that I wouldn't mind the Packers losing in fluky fashion late--although I wanted Rodgers to look good. I'm cool with what happened. Looks like we'll get something around pick #7. Let's hope that pick is a real difference maker along the DL.

superfan
12-23-2008, 01:43 AM
I still wanted to win the game, but am OK (i.e. - postponing suicide) with the outcome - better draft pick, chance to knock the Vikes out of the playoffs, better chance of Childress keeping his job. :taunt:

packrulz
12-23-2008, 05:57 AM
I'm ok with it, but I'm not a big fan of the ZBS, the last team to win a Super Bowl with it was Denver back in '97, and I think all that finesse blocking goes out the window when the ground (Tundra) gets frozen and the snow is flying. I'd be happy if they scrapped it and went to a power offense like the Giants use. I don't blame Sanders as much as some do for the defense, Williams was let go, Jenkins got hurt, KGB hit the wall, and all the safeties were hurt a lot, he needs better personnel to pull it off. The good news is ARod is good, they have good WR's, the defensive backs played good, they just need a few more O-lineman and D-lineman.

cpk1994
12-23-2008, 06:17 AM
I'm ok with it, but I'm not a big fan of the ZBS, the last team to win a Super Bowl with it was Denver back in '97, and I think all that finesse blocking goes out the window when the ground (Tundra) gets frozen and the snow is flying. I'd be happy if they scrapped it and went to a power offense like the Giants use. I don't blame Sanders as much as some do for the defense, Williams was let go, Jenkins got hurt, KGB hit the wall, and all the safeties were hurt a lot, he needs better personnel to pull it off. The good news is ARod is good, they have good WR's, the defensive backs played good, they just need a few more O-lineman and D-lineman.Sanders needs an imagination to pull his scheme off. It really says something when opposing players come out and say that they know what the Packers are running when they run it. Injuries are excuses. Sanders is an idiot.

sheepshead
12-23-2008, 06:53 AM
wow

Bossman641
12-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Last night I was absolutely heated about the game. 7 losses by 4 points or less, finding new ways to lose every week, shitty special teams blowing a game AGAIN.

I'm not quite as angry this morning. At least we've cemented a top 10 pick.

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Mentally Defeated

Losses no longer sting one bit; I'm numb to the boneheaded plays that lose games

I've become use to them in 2008 to the point where I almost expect them to come

Pugger
12-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm as disappointed as the next but I don't want this team to dictate my state of mind anymore. I used to get pissed when we lost and I'd growl at my husband and leave the room in a huff. :wink: We fans have a lot of emotional ties to this team and it hurts when we lose but this has been one unbelievable season. If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all. I can't recall another season where more off the wall ridiculous bounces went the other way. Somebody in NJ has a MM voodoo doll and is poking pins into it every time we play! :whaa:

gex
12-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Yea me either, In fact i wouldn't mind losing for one or two more seasons so we could really stock up on some good draft picks and make a run in '11!
But I also want A-Rod to look good while its happening.

imscott72
12-23-2008, 09:05 AM
My anger has dissipated at well. I think we all know what the problems are and what needs to be fixed, so we can only hope that TT and MM know as well. Both lines needs serious help and obviously we need some ST play makers. I'm happy with nearly everything else. TT needs a bigtime draft next year and for God's sake spend some money. I'm not saying turn into the Redskins or Vikings, but gosh darnit there were a couple of guys out there that could of helped us this season and TT's stubborness to play the FA market cost us dearly.

LL2
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm not too terribly dissapointed but I did want the Packers to beat the frickin Bears. I tend to agree with that article over at JSO on speculation that MM pulled the reigns in on Rodgers. Last night is not the first time MM ran the ball 3 times in a row this season and failed to get it in the end zone. Mix up the calls for crying out loud! Also, what is up running the ball on that 3rd and 19 play? Grant isn't going to run it 20 yards. It's possible, but not likely. I'm beggining to wonder if there is some conspiracy theory that MM and TT want a losing season by blowing all these close games to get good draft picks.

Pugger
12-23-2008, 10:11 AM
LL2, are you talking about right before the FG that was blocked? I have no problem with running it there. We were in FG range and if a pass is incomplete the clock stops. I say run out the clock, kick the FG and go home. Unfortunately the bares got away with an illegal play and blocked the FG. :(

digitaldean
12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, a fan can get desensitized after a while....

I still get infuriated at those who continually blame Rodgers for the loss. Most of the posts I read on Vandermause's story are blaming this season on ARod failing to close the deal. After a while I am dumbfounded and can't argue vs. their Partial-like logic.

I am severely shaken in my confidence in M3 and TT. Some of the losses might be unlucky, but I still believe you make your own breaks. But five consecutive losses in such heart breaking fashion may lead to a complete meltdown.

My concern is locking up some of the key players long term. TT will need to be much more active in FA and be willing to move UP in the draft more than down. His window for getting this team turned around is closing fast. If the our FA's aren't resigned and he fails in UFA's/draft. He's sealing our fate.

We are fortunate that the Lions may actually keep their current GM structure. But the Vikes and Bears aren't that dumb. The Vikes finally have Jackson not giving games away.

There is time to get this ship righted, but the hot seat already has a bag of Kingsford warming up for MM and the 2009 season. TT as well.

We have DLine and OLine holes. Our depth, where our ST players go to is shallow. We have a very good QB and WR corps. But every other position needs help.

Partial
12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I will be dissapointed if Bob Sanders or Winston Moss is the DCoord next year.

digitaldean
12-23-2008, 10:24 AM

THAT I can agree with. All teams have injuries, but the good coaches make the best use of the talent they have. Ours flat out do not.

Cheesehead Craig
12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
+1

Fosco33
12-23-2008, 10:50 AM
The whole season has been one disappointment after another. This one didn't matter - sure it's the Bears... but the Pack was out of it long ago.

And while similar logic should follow for next week (ARod plays well, team loses in last minute - again) - it's a winless team.

If the Packers lose next week, I wouldn't be surprized if more than Sanders/Scott are axed - up to and including the leadership. Mediocrity shouldn't be expected or rewarded.

KYPack
12-23-2008, 11:11 AM
The whole season has been one disappointment after another. This one didn't matter - sure it's the Bears... but the Pack was out of it long ago.

And while similar logic should follow for next week (ARod plays well, team loses in last minute - again) - it's a winless team.

If the Packers lose next week, I wouldn't be surprized if more than Sanders/Scott are axed - up to and including the leadership. Mediocrity shouldn't be expected or rewarded.

You are right.

This game is huge for both teams.

That's unbelievable, but true.

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 12:26 PM

Winston Moss is the next Mike Tomlin.

Brohm
12-23-2008, 12:45 PM
+1

At one point, I was curious as to how Moss would do. But he is our LB coach is he not? I have soured on him a bit given their play this year. If he cannot coach up the LB, how can he coach up a D....

Gunakor
12-23-2008, 12:56 PM
They had better not promote from within.

Honestly, the best defensive coach for us this year has seemed to be Shotty. The only part of that defense with any semblence of consistency or value has been the secondary. Shotty has 2 All Pro's in his unit this year, and one of them was supposed to lose his job in August (according to many Packer fans anyway). So as much as it sickens me to say it, if they are going to promote from within, Shotty might just be the best guy on our staff.

So they better not promote from within.

Partial
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM

That's racist.

Fosco33
12-23-2008, 02:08 PM
ESPN talked with Bill Michaels (WTMJ) - he said that fans may keep their tickets and stay home vs. the Lions (in protest).

Really?

I thought our fans were classier than that...
Why not donate them to a charity or school? Some people can never afford to go to a regular season game (I only could after making my own money after high school).

The only statements to make by doing that are shortsightedness, greed and stupidity.

pack4to84
12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
They had better not promote from within.

Honestly, the best defensive coach for us this year has seemed to be Shotty. The only part of that defense with any semblence of consistency or value has been the secondary. Shotty has 2 All Pro's in his unit this year, and one of them was supposed to lose his job in August (according to many Packer fans anyway). So as much as it sickens me to say it, if they are going to promote from within, Shotty might just be the best guy on our staff.

So they better not promote from within.Whats sad is Shotty brother didn't get a coaching gig this year because he was going to bring in Shotty to be the D coach.

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 11:04 PM

That's racist.

What? A man can't compare two NFC North defensive coaches?

Partial
12-23-2008, 11:56 PM

That's racist.

What? A man can't compare two NFC North defensive coaches?

How are they similiar at all?

- Moss isn't a coordinator
- Moss hasn't shot up the coaching ladder
- Both are black guys

You could have compared him to Marinelli! You're going to H-E double hockey sticks BH.

Pugger
12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Good grief! The man was comparing 2 defensive coaches. :roll: I didn't think of their color at all when I read his post. Why did you? :?:

cpk1994
12-24-2008, 10:21 AM
ESPN talked with Bill Michaels (WTMJ) - he said that fans may keep their tickets and stay home vs. the Lions (in protest).

Really?

Why not donate them to a charity or school? Some people can never afford to go to a regular season game (I only could after making my own money after high school).

The only statements to make by doing that are shortsightedness, greed and stupidity.Yeah, becuase when Bill Michales makes a statement its automatically true. All he is doing is pulling baselss speculation out of his ass. Could it happen? Sure. Likely? No.

EDIT: And even if they do, the Packers still got their money. Doesn't hurt them in the least.

Partial
12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Actually, tickets are dirt cheap for this game. My buddy just found a set of 4 seats on the 30 yard line (not sure what row ) for 25 bucks a piece.

Bretsky
12-24-2008, 10:33 AM

Really?

The only statements to make by doing that are shortsightedness, greed and stupidity.Yeah, becuase when Bill Michales makes a statement its automatically true. All he is doing is pulling baselss speculation out of his ass. Could it happen? Sure. Likely? No.

EDIT: And even if they do, the Packers still got their money. Doesn't hurt them in the least.

The above would not surprise me; every year my family goes to the final game and we enjoy ourselves. But with the horseshit performances we've put on the field this year none of us are choosing to go. Those tix are getting donated to a good cause.

Bretsky
12-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Actually, tickets are dirt cheap for this game. My buddy just found a set of 4 seats on the 30 yard line (not sure what row ) for 25 bucks a piece.

He probably overpaid