PDA

View Full Version : Who's MotherF%ck^ing Fault is it?

Deputy Nutz
12-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I want some fucking answers around here. Who is to be condemned for this season. McCarthy can't continue to run out there after games an flap about the energy of this team and square the blame on either special teams or tell the fans that the Packers as an organization will get it fixed. I am not claiming McCarthy is at fault for this entire mess, but what and who is? Is there a fucking curse from the trade of Brett Favre? This team is not that bad yet they have a 5-10 record.

I am really stumped, mostly because I won't sit here and ponder continually on the required excuses of Bob Sanders, or special teams. Both of those units were at worst decent in 2007, in fact they were damn good.

Freak Out
12-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Can we blame Canada for this?

MJZiggy
12-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Dubya.

packinpatland
12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
.........no it was Cheney.

rbaloha1
12-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Shared blame.

1. Defense gives up too many explosive plays.

2. Offense/Special Teams are 0-8 when trailing by 8 points or less in the 4th quarter.

3. Team lacks confidence/swagger.

Solutions

1. Replace Bob Sanders with Mike Nolan. Thought about d-coordinators which play the 3-4 but the transition would be too great.

2. Replace Mike Stock. The o-line needs to be reshuffled. Clifton does not fit the scheme and should be released. Tauscher should only be resigned at the minimum.

The o-line for 09:

RT: Tauscher/Giomanco
RG: Sitton
C: Spitz
LG: open
LT: Colledge

MJZiggy
12-23-2008, 06:42 PM
You're right. That sounds more plausible.

Actually, there has to be a way to blame this on Bill Belichick.

Kiwon
12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Dubya.

I think it was MJZ with PIP in the Billiard Room doing something weird with the rope.

red
12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
i don't have any confidence in any of our o-linemen for next year. the only one that sounds somewhat decent is spitz at center

clifton and tauscher are both horrible fits for this system. i would rather they scrap the system and go to a fat man front

giocomo or whatever if nothing, if he was anything, he would be in there right now instead of moll. who is completely worthless

colledge is not good, yes he's played better this year then he has in the past, but thats not saying a whole hell of a lot

sitton, barbre, colledge at left tackle, and guacamolie are all players at positions that the coaching staff has said show promise at those positions. and we have hope because of it.

the fact is the coaches have said all the linemen have looked good. when they get in the games, they all end up sucking

so i'm not holding out much hope on what we have and what we thing we have

red
12-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Dubya.

I think it was MJZ with PIP in the Billiard Room doing something weird with the rope.

no no

candle stick

8-)

merry christmas b

TravisWilliams23
12-23-2008, 07:24 PM
McCarthy's wife Jessica.

They married in MARCH OF 2008!!!

After that it all went downhill.
Brett retired. Mike was too involved with his new bride to pay any
attention to Brett's needs.
The training camp fustercluck that ensued continues to this day.

Or it could be bad coaching, players and luck.

RashanGary
12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
I blame it on losing half of our top defensive lineman from a year ago (with nobody adequate to replace them) and the ST's. The ST's baffles me. Stock has to be fired. Oh yeah, injuries and some really shitty game winning field goals that didn't go in.

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2008, 08:58 PM
2. Offense/Special Teams are 0-8 when trailing by 8 points or less in the 4th quarter.

We did beat Detroit when trailing in the 4th quarter. I'd put much of the blame for the above stat on the defense.

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2008, 08:58 PM

Our offense actually took the lead or tied the game in the 4th quarter in like 6 of those games--only to see the STs/Defense/Refs give up the lead.

Packers4Ever
12-23-2008, 10:34 PM
[quote=rbaloha]2. Offense/Special Teams are 0-8 when trailing by 8 points or less in the 4th quarter.

Our offense actually took the lead or tied the game in the 4th quarter in like 6 of those games--only to see the STs/Defense/Refs give up the lead.[/quote
I dread this coming Sunday with Detroit, thinking

of what the outcome might be and if the Pack

drops another one to become 5-11.

We need some changes made and we need them in 2009. !

:x

MadtownPacker
12-23-2008, 10:41 PM
I believe it is all of us. We are being punished for our sins and this place is hell.

Noodle
12-24-2008, 12:03 AM
i don't have any confidence in any of our o-linemen for next year. the only one that sounds somewhat decent is spitz at center

clifton and tauscher are both horrible fits for this system. i would rather they scrap the system and go to a fat man front

giocomo or whatever if nothing, if he was anything, he would be in there right now instead of moll. who is completely worthless

colledge is not good, yes he's played better this year then he has in the past, but thats not saying a whole hell of a lot

sitton, barbre, colledge at left tackle, and guacamolie are all players at positions that the coaching staff has said show promise at those positions. and we have hope because of it.

the fact is the coaches have said all the linemen have looked good. when they get in the games, they all end up sucking

so i'm not holding out much hope on what we have and what we thing we have

This matches my thinking to a T. I know it takes time for OL to develop, I know how we felt about Wahle and Rivera before they had their breakthroughs, I know, I know I know.

I also know that we do not come close to having an elite caliber OL. We are mediocre on good days. That, my friends, is the reason we have sucked.

Freak Out
12-24-2008, 12:18 AM
I believe it is all of us. We are being punished for our sins and this place is hell.

Purgatory.

Tarlam!
12-24-2008, 03:12 AM
It's all my fault people. I am a jinx and since I follow the Packers, they are destined to lose for all eternity.

cpk1994
12-24-2008, 06:18 AM
It's all my fault people. I am a jinx and since I follow the Packers, they are destined to lose for all eternity.I thought that was Bretsky's line. :lol:

sheepshead
12-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Mike Sherman

MateoInMex
12-24-2008, 08:28 AM
[quote="red"]i don't have any confidence in any of our o-linemen for next year. the only one that sounds somewhat decent is spitz at center

so i'm not holding out much hope on what we have and what we thing we have[/quote

+1 the offensive line is really bad. I amworried about a rods health

LL2
12-24-2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks! I guess we do not get anything from Santa this year.

CaptainKickass
12-24-2008, 08:59 AM
I'd like to take the opportunity to blame Global Warming

Taking thr "frozen" out of the Tundra and affecting our home field advantage.

That or it's the Madden Curse.

Ok, ok it's everything - including the new Mrs. MM.

Sparkey
12-24-2008, 09:13 AM
I'd like to take the opportunity to blame Global Warming

Taking thr "frozen" out of the Tundra and affecting our home field advantage.

That or it's the Madden Curse.

Ok, ok it's everything - including the new Mrs. MM.

What global warming ? ? ? There is no fluckin global warming going on in Wisconsin this year !

Fritz
12-24-2008, 09:21 AM
it's Kurt Schottenheimer's fault. It's always Kurt Schottenheimer's fault.

prsnfoto
12-24-2008, 10:35 AM

Careful the Gm is thinking about firing MM and naming Kurt head coach!

Gunakor
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM

Is there another position coach for the Packers that has 2 All Pro's amongst the players he coaches?

It's anybody BUT Kurt Schottenheimer this year. The defensive backfield was pretty good.

Packers4Ever
12-24-2008, 02:23 PM

No no no, Mad, this is our REFUGE ! :wink:
We don't need a poll but if we
did have one, most of the Packer Rats
would admit coming here first in
stressful football situations. Agreed ?? :violin:

wist43
12-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Punish your damn selves... i don't deserve this :D