PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE ??

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Let's say you get to choose from the two below situations

1. Green Bay Wins, the the ST and Defense excels. Both coaches are kept for next year.

2. Green Bay loses to Detroit and our DC and ST coaches are let go

BallHawk
12-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Are we dumb enough to reward our DC and ST Coach with the retaining of their jobs because we succeeded against one of the worst teams in NFL history?

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Are we dumb enough to reward our DC and ST Coach with the retaining of their jobs because we succeeded against one of the worst teams in NFL history?

Quite possibly

I think it's anything but a given that Vanilla Bob is let go

Freak Out
12-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I think it's time to visit a titty bar again or something.....this poll is wacked.

Badgerinmaine
12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
We play to win the game!
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/sports/edwards_herman0108.jpg

Bretsky
12-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I think it's time to visit a titty bar again or something.....this poll is wacked.

I'm down with that

This is what I think of when I'm bored and have too much time on my hands

MadtownPacker
12-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Maybe all the weak ass fans that go to games and dont make any damn noise can be fired too. Shit really pissed me off.

Kiwon
12-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Things are ugly now.

They would get very ugly if the Lions break their losing streak against the Pack.

That loss would define the whole 2008 season. Let's not go there.

sheepshead
12-27-2008, 08:49 AM
You go out to win every time you lace em up. If we loose this one, it'll make national news and would suck very bad.

Bretsky
12-27-2008, 08:51 AM
It would be very very ugly locally; on the other hand the overreactions that would occur would not let anybody escape accountability

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I voted the first answer, since I agree with only half of the last answer.

Brando19
12-27-2008, 10:03 AM
The Packers HAVE to win. The Lions haven't won in Lambeau since 1991! Let's not let it happen during their worst season ever (which is saying something.)

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2008, 10:05 AM
In a way, this is the PAckers worst season ever too.

Well, probably the 4-12 season was more painful. IT was even angrier in the forums, as amazing as that is to contemplate.

Brando19
12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
In a way, this is the PAckers worst season ever too.

Well, probably the 4-12 season was more painful. IT was even angrier in the forums, as amazing as that is to contemplate.

Yeah...it seems we lost more close games that season than we did this season. I remember the Bengals game (when the fan ran out and stole the ball out of Favre's hands), Favre almost collapsed on the final drive because he was so exhausted. Also, I attended the MNF game at the Panthers and we ALMOST came back and won that game...we lost by 3.

Kiwon
12-27-2008, 07:16 PM
It would be very very ugly locally; on the other hand the overreactions that would occur would not let anybody escape accountability

I'd like to think that we are already there.

The Packers have a special niche in pro football and mean a lot to fans locally and around the world. What happens in Green Bay matters to them.

I'd hope that the Packers have the organizational integrity to be objective about ALL their employees. That's the mark of a healthy company in a competitive business.

esoxx
12-27-2008, 07:29 PM
I see Sanders being gone regardless of the outcome. His fate is sealed IMO. All the assignment errors and breakdowns pretty much dug his grave. Running a very plain scheme, if you can't figure out who to cover and are confused after three years in this plain jane D, that's a deal breaker.

Whether the players have just tuned out coaching, have lacked study habits or just plain aren't selling out like they should, the handwriting's on the wall for Sanders dismissal.

Stock's situation is different. Only six of his original 11 "teamers" finished the year. But the biggest factor is his relationship to M3. They go way back to KC days. I sense big loyality to Stock whereas M3 had no background w/ Sanders, whom he inherited and kept. Does M3 have the 'nads to deep six a long time associate who he likely has great admiration and respect for?

As Tom Rossley proved in his tenure in GB, sometimes it's hard to let go of somebody in the inner circle of trust for the head coach.

wist43
12-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Wow, i actually voted in the majority...

The logical call would be for Sanders and Stock to be shown the door, but I don't think it will happen.

As for win/loss affecting draft status... who cares. TT will target his guy, regardless of position, and that guy will be the same in TT's mind whether he picks 10th or 12th.

digitaldean
12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
The logical call would be for Sanders and Stock to be shown the door, but I don't think it will happen.

You're right, Wist. Since when has logic ever entered into how this horrible season has evolved? I want the Packers to win, period. I have had it with a 5 game losing streak.

Didn't answer the poll question cause none of the answers applied to my own.

Sanders and Stock (regardless of past ties) failed miserably in their duties. Stock's fate was sealed with the Carolina loss.

Sanders tinkering with the def. scheme and horrible blitz disguises sealed his.

Now if MM could fire himself from playcalling, maybe we won't see any more G**-da** FB dives.

Deputy Nutz
12-28-2008, 02:29 PM
This a shitty fucking poll.