PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

LL2
12-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Where to for Christmas?

For us folks it's Michigan and driving in that midwest weather last night was a pain in the arse! Every other year we switch between family in Wisconsin and Michigan.

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Merry Christmas (and happy Hanukkah to BallHawk).
We are always here in Augusta, Maine for Christmas; our choir at St. Mark's Episcopal needs us! We'll have Christmas dinner here, then head to Connecticut for my wife's family's annual Christmas party. Then, on the 2nd--our 10th anniversary!--we fly to Madison to see my parents (now married 63 years!), family and friends back home.

GrnBay007
12-24-2008, 09:49 AM
We are always here in Augusta, Maine for Christmas; our choir at St. Mark's Episcopal needs us! We'll have Christmas dinner here, then head to Connecticut for my wife's family's annual Christmas party. Then, on the 2nd--our 10th anniversary!--we fly to Madison to see my parents (now married 63 years!), family and friends back home.

Wow, 63 years! That's awesome Badger. My parents made 65 years. Unheard of these days.

Lots of family celebrations, sounds like a wonderful Holiday for your family...Enjoy!!

GrnBay007
12-24-2008, 09:50 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!

sheepshead
12-24-2008, 10:05 AM
70 miles south tonight. 70 miles north tomorrow.

fa la la la la la la

GrnBay007
12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
70 miles south tonight. 70 miles north tomorrow.

fa la la la la la la

Lots-O-snow in both directions. Drive safe!

digitaldean
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Merry Christmas to all. Luckily I only have to travel about 20 miles around trip Christmas Day.

Good thing too. We've got more snow here and on the way, winds supposed to pick up tonight. Heading to in-laws Christmas Eve.

packinpatland
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Thankfully...........not going beyond the mailbox this Christmas.
House smells pretty good right now......making the traditional French Canadian 'pork pies' (Tourtiere).

Safe travels to those that are and........

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

oregonpackfan
12-24-2008, 01:15 PM
We are just staying home and enjoying the rare 20" snowfall here. Family outings to in-laws in Vancouver, WA and the eastern Portland area have been cancelled due to snow and ice.

The snow removal equipment and know-how is downright pitiful out here. Yesterday, I traveled the 30 mile I-5 stretch between Salem and Portland. Despite being 3 lanes one way, it took me 3 and 1/2 hours!

It makes me appreciate how resourceful the snow removal personnel are in Wisconsin!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Freak Out
12-24-2008, 01:30 PM
We are just staying home and enjoying the rare 20" snowfall here. Family outings to in-laws in Vancouver, WA and the eastern Portland area have been cancelled due to snow and ice.

The snow removal equipment and know-how is downright pitiful out here. Yesterday, I traveled the 30 mile I-5 stretch between Salem and Portland. Despite being 3 lanes one way, it took me 3 and 1/2 hours!

It makes me appreciate how resourceful the snow removal personnel are in Wisconsin!

Put the chains on OPF and go for it. What happened to that Oregon trail spirit?

Freak Out
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Happy Christmas all...

Charles Woodson
12-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Merry Christmas all,
Staying down here in hot miami, having a standing rib roast tommorow for dinner.. cant wait till presents tho :D

oregonpackfan
12-24-2008, 03:15 PM

I have had chains on the past two days! I am confident in my ability to drive in the snow. What truly concerns me are the native-born Oregonians who have no idea how to drive in winter weather! :)

retailguy
12-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Wisconsin Dells this year.

Merry Christmas to all of you! (Even Skinbasket). :twisted: :wink:

digitaldean
12-24-2008, 04:00 PM

An business acquaintance of mine just went thru the Snoqualmie Pass in WA earlier today. He said it was the most treacherous drive he ever had. Looks like that section is getting dumped on pretty good.

MJZiggy
12-24-2008, 04:11 PM
No snow here. Just an occasional rain shower. (though we had a helluva spectacular water main break yesterday--River Road is now aptly named)

I'm just driving up to Baltimore to spend Christmas with the former in-laws and some ex family.

Be safe, be careful, and I hope you get great memories this year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Ramadan, etc., etc.

Freak Out
12-24-2008, 04:32 PM

I have had chains on the past two days! I am confident in my ability to drive in the snow. What truly concerns me are the native-born Oregonians who have no idea how to drive in winter weather! :)

I hear ya OPF....we have some folks up here who still haven't figured it out either. :)

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2008, 04:54 PM

Wow, 63 years! That's awesome Badger. My parents made 65 years. Unheard of these days.

Lots of family celebrations, sounds like a wonderful Holiday for your family...Enjoy!!

Thanks--65 years is very impressive indeed, too. My in-laws get to 50 next year.

BallHawk
12-24-2008, 04:58 PM

Thanks, BIM. I can see my Jewish humor in the Brewers Forum caught your attention. :D

Merry Christmas, everybody. :glug:

hurleyfan
12-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy Holidays to everyone..

Hopefully skin doesn't get bored reading this thread, and resort to "spooning" himself again :wink:

Spent Christmas eve at the in-laws (big Italian festivities, lots of different fish!)

Heading to my folks tomorrow (they have 58 years in the books!)

Almost 18 inches of snow last weekend, now over an inch of rain today / tonight! (sorry skin, don't mean to bore you)

Badgerinmaine
12-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Props to your folks, hurleyfan!

GBRulz
12-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Merry Christmas everyone !!

Hopefully this is my last year of having a white Christmas LOL. Those that know me, know I'm in the process of picking up and moving south. A white Christmas is fine, but a white Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter are too much to bear :)

I hope you all have a great day with your families and if you are traveling, please be safe.

oregonpackfan
12-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Moving south to avoid the snow and cold? Geez, GBRulz, you must be getting old! :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I know. At my age, I should not be "casting the first bottle of Geritol!" :lol:

Rather than moving south, have you considered the Pacific Northwest? It is pretty mild out here. Sure it rains a lot but you'll get used to the mold growing under your fingernails and toenails in no time. :)

GBRulz
12-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Moving south to avoid the snow and cold? Geez, GBRulz, you must be getting old! :lol:

Yeah, yeah, I know. At my age, I should not be "casting the first bottle of Geritol!" :lol:

Rather than moving south, have you considered the Pacific Northwest? It is pretty mild out here. Sure it rains a lot but you'll get used to the mold growing under your fingernails and toenails in no time. :)

My nephew lives in a suburb of Seattle. There is no way that I could deal with all of the rain. I have to say though, that he absolutely loves living out there though. Him and his fiance are very active with hiking, rock climbing, snowboarding and photography, so it's perfect for them. For me? I want warm weather, sunshine and the ocean 8-)

I am on the downside to 40 now, ya know...LOL

Bretsky
12-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Merry Xmas to All !!!

MadtownPacker
12-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Well Im a day late and several dollars short but hopefully everyone had a Merry Xmas ate lots of tamales (had to have something to unwrap) and had plenty of drinks yesterday.

Iron Mike
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Well Im a day late and several dollars short but hopefully everyone had plenty of drinks yesterday.

I got a 1L glass beer boot like this:

http://www.northcoteimports.com/images/1221492449427-1801509579.jpeg

You can get almost three bottles of beer in that mofo.

Freak Out
12-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Well Im a day late and several dollars short but hopefully everyone had plenty of drinks yesterday.

I have an Ulmer Munster Bierstiefe that holds like 4 liters......man we have had some parties with that baby.... :alc:

Iron Mike
12-26-2008, 04:18 PM

I have an Ulmer Munster Bierstiefe that holds like 4 liters......man we have had some parties with that baby.... :alc:

Beer Boot Goodness (http://www.beerfestboots.com/beer-boot-picture-gallery/info_31.html)

packinpatland
12-26-2008, 06:09 PM

Looks like Cinderella's glass slipper :lol:

oregonpackfan
12-26-2008, 08:38 PM

Looks like Cinderella's glass slipper :lol:

If Cinderella had a foot/leg that fit in that boot, no wonder the stepmother was so mean to her! :)