PDA

View Full Version : Time to play If And Who for this year's FA & Draft

POLISHHAWK
12-24-2008, 01:56 PM
There's no question that we are going to make a splash in Free Agency this year. We are THAT close to being a really good FB team. A player or 2 will make the difference.

Here's MY take on the FA's and what we will do Draftwise:

IF we get Haynesworth by breaking the bank or Ted's Head we will:
Draft a Difference maker in the 1st round
Who?
Beannie Wells or Ray Monster---both would be difference makers
RD 2 would be a OT

IF we get Jordan Gross by breaking the bank or Ted's Head we will:
Trade down a little in the 1st round and get
Who?
The best DT in the draft...no real concensus on who's #1, but he won't be gone in the top 15.
RD 2 would be a CB

If we get Julius Peppers I will break Ted's Head:
No need for him and on the downhill of his career. Jenkins is a good DE. I don't see a need for a vet. DE. 1st round pick would be:
Who?
OT (1 of the top 3 in the draft)
RD 2 would be a CB

Don't doubt my thinking; I know Teddy is gonna prove it's not AROD's fault for this season. He will be making a monstrous move...

arcilite
12-24-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm hoping for Haynesworth, but I think a team like the Redskins will overpay for him and haynesworth will pull a Shaun Alexander.

I dont have a list of the FA in front of me but I think TT will go after more of the 'Brandon Chillar' type of FAs. Low profile, but decent to good football players that will add depth. WE need it on both of the lines.

red
12-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm hoping for Haynesworth, but I think a team like the Redskins will overpay for him and haynesworth will pull a Shaun Alexander.

I dont have a list of the FA in front of me but I think TT will go after more of the 'Brandon Chillar' type of FAs. Low profile, but decent to good football players that will add depth. WE need it on both of the lines.

the problem is, is that we already have the depth players on both lines

now we need to get the fucking starters

arcilite
12-24-2008, 02:30 PM

the problem is, is that we already have the depth players on both lines

now we need to get the fucking starters

If they are in FA, sure. But how many decent starters can you find through FA

red
12-24-2008, 02:35 PM
not as many as we need

red
12-24-2008, 02:43 PM
as for the first post

i'm not as high on haynesworth as many here are. i think he's a thug and an asshat that only motivated by money. he couldn't find a way to be motivated to play at a high level his first 4 years in the nfl. it was only when the time came for a massive paycheck came that the guy started to play. i think once he gets his money he'll be shit again.

benie wells isn't the type of playmaker we need. and i would avoid anyone from usc at this point. these players are a product of the system, and have proven it once they turn pro. plus we already have talent at lb, we have much much much greater needs at this point.

and the top DT will be off the board well before the #15 pick

wist43
12-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm not holding out any hope of help from FA... TT will break out his tape recorder and push play... "we like our young guys".

The 4 big slots to fill will be both OT's and both CB's... neverminding weaknesses at other positions, those critical edge positions will all have to be overhauled with new starters w/in the next couple of years.

To fill those slots, TT has brought in Moll, Barbre, Giacomini, Lee, T. Williams, and Bush...

Bush has proven he is a career special teamer, the Packers seem to have given up on Moll and Barbre with this last game OL shakeup, Giacomini has shown nothing, Lee looks like a bust; so, out of all those guys, maybe T. Williams works out.

TT's handful of darts strategy has left those positions wanting.

wist43
12-24-2008, 02:45 PM
not as many as we need

lol

steve823
12-24-2008, 03:06 PM
SUGGS!!!!! I wouldnt mind getting him..yea hes in a 3-4 but he can play in our 4-3 without a problem. Hes a monster.

Or haynesworth or gross.

We will make a move though ..just wait and see guys.

wist43
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
SUGGS!!!!! I wouldnt mind getting him..yea hes in a 3-4 but he can play in our 4-3 without a problem. Hes a monster.

Or haynesworth or gross.

We will make a move though ..just wait and see guys.

Didn't know he was coming free... but anyway, Suggs would be completely miscast in this defense... they won't have any interest in him. Same situation as Adalius Thomas.

The Packers defensive scheme is very specific in the types of players it calls for... Suggs won't even garner a sniff.

steve823
12-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I know..but i still love him and think hes a monster. o well. lets hope tt pulls for jordan gross.

DannoMac21
12-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Pack need to sign Scrabble.

SnakeLH2006
12-25-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm not holding out any hope of help from FA... TT will break out his tape recorder and push play... "we like our young guys".

The 4 big slots to fill will be both OT's and both CB's... neverminding weaknesses at other positions, those critical edge positions will all have to be overhauled with new starters w/in the next couple of years.

To fill those slots, TT has brought in Moll, Barbre, Giacomini, Lee, T. Williams, and Bush...

Bush has proven he is a career special teamer, the Packers seem to have given up on Moll and Barbre with this last game OL shakeup, Giacomini has shown nothing, Lee looks like a bust; so, out of all those guys, maybe T. Williams works out.

TT's handful of darts strategy has left those positions wanting.

Why do we need to replace the CB's in 2009? Old yes, productive studs yet, yes...

Bush is less than a ST, that dude loses games at ST...several times this year, Jarret Bush needs to refine his burger-flipping skills cuz he needs to be gone. How many weeks (last week..almost every week) do we need a replay on the NFL game to see how bad Bush fucked up on a ST play...get rid of that turd..Dude has absolutely no clue what he's doing play after play.....Unbelieveable he's in the NFL.

OL hasn't shown shit, but maybe it's them, or maybe it's Campen, as since he got hired, EVERY OL has regressed whether it be Rooks (Gia, Sitton)...young guys (Juice, North Pole dude)..or vets (Tauch, Cliffy....maybe age there)....but hey this shit is a cesspool.

We win and lose in the NFL with a good OL and DL (who are the best AFC and NFC teams?).....NY Giants and Tenn Titans...and neither is particularly talented at the skill positions like we are...yet we sit home at 5-10 because of it..

We need skills (coaches) at OL and DL and we'll do 12-4. Fire our D staff and Campy, reboot and get some studs in FA or the Draft. Damn. 8-)

DonHutson
12-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Why do we need to replace the CB's in 2009? Old yes, productive studs yet, yes...

Bush is less than a ST, that dude loses games at ST...several times this year, Jarret Bush needs to refine his burger-flipping skills cuz he needs to be gone. How many weeks (last week..almost every week) do we need a replay on the NFL game to see how bad Bush fucked up on a ST play...get rid of that turd..Dude has absolutely no clue what he's doing play after play.....Unbelieveable he's in the NFL.

OL hasn't shown shit, but maybe it's them, or maybe it's Campen, as since he got hired, EVERY OL has regressed whether it be Rooks (Gia, Sitton)...young guys (Juice, North Pole dude)..or vets (Tauch, Cliffy....maybe age there)....but hey this shit is a cesspool.

We win and lose in the NFL with a good OL and DL (who are the best AFC and NFC teams?).....NY Giants and Tenn Titans...and neither is particularly talented at the skill positions like we are...yet we sit home at 5-10 because of it..

We need skills (coaches) at OL and DL and we'll do 12-4. Fire our D staff and Campy, reboot and get some studs in FA or the Draft. Damn. 8-)

I agree wholeheartedly with almost all of that.

This would have been a really good time to cut Bush and send a message regarding tolerance for stupidity. Actually, last year would've been a good time to cut Bush but this is where we are.

If Campen likes his fish like he likes his players, he mush love sushi. His players come in raw, and they stay raw. If I could only fire one coach I'd fire him. At least the D and special teams were effective in prior years. Campen has never done anything.

All four picks in the first three rounds should be spent on OL and DL.

I would disagree slightly on the CB's. Harris is bound to slip eventually, and I'm concerned that Tramon Williams looked a bit dazed and confused down the stretch. I'd be more than happy to add another CB to compete for the nickel job, or to push Harris to the nickel job, or to allow Woodson to play S full time. There are bigger needs, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to keep stocking up on the corners.

I don't know if I could justify the price given the other needs on the roster, but for my money CB Nnamdi Asomugha from the Raiders is the safest of the big money free agents.

cheesner
12-25-2008, 08:02 PM
There's no question that we are going to make a splash in Free Agency this year.

After the first line, I thought the entire thread was sarcasm.

I doubt Ted makes any major moves in FA. Not his building method. I agree we are close, and a big time DT will have a huge impact. I don't know the Haynesworth is the answer. I just think he is playing for the big contract and we have now seen his best seasons. His injury will not help. Lots of money and Drs. orders not to work out are a combination that will not do him much good.