PDA

View Full Version : Has Driver talked about retirement?

packers11
12-27-2008, 09:40 AM
I was confused with a little post they put on ESPN about Driver...

"Driver, if this ends up being his last game in a Packers uniform, will surely go out with a bang and not a whimper."

Has he hinted or said anything? He still looks like hes in great shape and could play another 2-3 years with the packers...

RashanGary
12-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Never said a word. When asked he says he's going to play till he's 40.

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Never said a word. When asked he says he's going to play till he's 40.

Here we go again- can't that guy make up his mind!? What a drama queen.

MJZiggy
12-27-2008, 10:00 AM
11, you're trusting ESPN???

Brando19
12-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Maybe they're hinting that TT will cut or trade Driver. He has been known to do some crazy things in the past.

MJZiggy
12-27-2008, 10:03 AM
He's been known to do crazy things, not stupid things.

Harlan Huckleby
12-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I think trading Driver would be smart, but he is too old to draw much interest.

Brando19
12-27-2008, 10:06 AM

Jon Ryan and Tracy White? Pretty stupid. Uh huh...gotcha..........you thought I meant Favre.

MJZiggy
12-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Actually I thought you meant drafting Justin Harrell.... :oops:

Patler
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Driver does a couple minute thing on WTMJ radio the day after games, A week ago or so he said he wants to play another 5 years.

Brando19
12-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Actually I thought you meant drafting Justin Harrell.... :oops:

:lol:

Actually...I believe TT was just pulling a late April Fool's joke on us there.

cpk1994
12-27-2008, 11:19 AM

"Driver, if this ends up being his last game in a Packers uniform, will surely go out with a bang and not a whimper."

Has he hinted or said anything? He still looks like hes in great shape and could play another 2-3 years with the packers...I'd like to to know where at ESPN you got it becuase there isn't one word on ESPN.com.

red
12-27-2008, 11:30 AM

Has he hinted or said anything? He still looks like hes in great shape and could play another 2-3 years with the packers...I'd like to to know where at ESPN you got it becuase there isn't one word on ESPN.com.

well obviously he's a liar and just made it all up for the hell of it

GrnBay007
12-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Maybe he's just nervous cause he's one of the few players over age 28.

...sure hope he's back next year!!!

cpk1994
12-27-2008, 11:35 AM

well obviously he's a liar and just made it all up for the hell of itIm not calling him a liar, but what I do know is that there isn't one word on ESPN.com about Drvier having his last game in a packer uniform. So, I would like to know where he got it from. Not hard for him to answer.

EDIT: Also there is nothing related to Driver on the GB newspaper sites or JSO.

Gunakor
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM

Jon Ryan and Tracy White? Pretty stupid. Uh huh...gotcha..........you thought I meant Favre.

Jon Ryan I'm not pissed about. Frost was no better, but Kampinos seems to be. From everything I've seen up to this point, I'd rather have Kampinos than Ryan. And that wouldn't have happened if we didn't take on Frost to begin the season.

Releasing Tracy White was a mistake though.

Partial
12-27-2008, 01:45 PM

That's debatable.

packers11
12-27-2008, 03:01 PM

I actually made it up because I have nothing better to do... :wink:

It was under the fantasy football section... I can get the direct link if you really want it...

Packers4Ever
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM

The poster stated ESPN, not ESPN.COM.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 12:04 AM
I thought during this season he said somewhere he wanted to play at least 5 more years. I have no source and don't remember where this came from, but I vaguely remember reading or hearing that somewhere.

Partial
12-28-2008, 12:33 AM
I thought during this season he said somewhere he wanted to play at least 5 more years. I have no source and don't remember where this came from, but I vaguely remember reading or hearing that somewhere.

He has said this numerous times. TT doesn't like veterans, and Al Harris has gone on record saying he thinks this will be his last game as a Packer, and i'm sure with three first day picks invested in the receiving corps plus a solid back-up in Martin, that Driver is seeing the writing on the wall.

I doubt they get rid of Driver. Too much of a fan favorite, still an effective player, good presence in the locker room, etc. But, I've been surprised before by TT.

JSO has an article about it here: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/36788584.html

TT would be wise to ask himself: WWBBD, and model DD after the example of Troy Brown and keep him around as long as Driver would like.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 06:54 AM

He has said this numerous times. TT doesn't like veterans, and Al Harris has gone on record saying he thinks this will be his last game as a Packer, and i'm sure with three first day picks invested in the receiving corps plus a solid back-up in Martin, that Driver is seeing the writing on the wall.

I doubt they get rid of Driver. Too much of a fan favorite, still an effective player, good presence in the locker room, etc. But, I've been surprised before by TT.

JSO has an article about it here: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/36788584.html

TT would be wise to ask himself: WWBBD, and model DD after the example of Troy Brown and keep him around as long as Driver would like. :bs2: Yeah TT hates veterans. IF you didn't make shit up like that maybe others would take you more seriously.

If TT hated veterans, why is Kampman still here? Clifton? Tauscher? Barnett? Pickett?

Rastak
12-28-2008, 07:38 AM

TT would be wise to ask himself: WWBBD, and model DD after the example of Troy Brown and keep him around as long as Driver would like. :bs2: Yeah TT hates veterans. IF you didn't make shit up like that maybe others would take you more seriously.

If TT hated veterans, why is Kampman still here? Clifton? Tauscher? Barnett? Pickett?

I take it this is Hyperbole?

Kampman - Best pass rusher
Clifton - Best left tackle going into the season
Tauscher- Best right tackle going into the season
Barnett - Best middle linebacker
Pickett - Best run stopper going into the season

He obviously doesn't cut every veteran on the team. He does seem to go with the younger guy all things being equal and with the great WR corps it's possible he could replace him. I personally don't think he will until his production falls off a bit more than it has.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 07:40 AM

He obviously doesn't cut every veteran on the team. He does seem to go with the younger guy all things being equal and with the great WR corps it's possible he could replace him. I personally don't think he will until his production falls off a bit more than it has.But that is not what Partial is insinuating. Partial is saying Driver and Harris will be gone next year becuase TT hates veterans. By Partial's stnadard, the ones I mentioned should then be gone as well.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 07:49 AM
As mentioned, it was Harris himself who seems to think he'll get the boot which surprises me. That tells me the players (at least some) also believe TT will go younger any chance he gets.

MJZiggy
12-28-2008, 08:40 AM
And that worries me. I'd like to see him prove them wrong there. Wasn't it DD who was offered a raise simply for outperforming his contract? I would think that would tell him that he's valued, unless he thinks he's now making TOO much...

wist43
12-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Doesn't matter if DD or Harris stay, or for how long... other than for fan appreciation.

The Packers are a long way from being a contender... so, Harris and DD are there just to play out their careers if TT doesn't pull the plug on them b/4 they retire.

Partial
12-28-2008, 03:35 PM

He obviously doesn't cut every veteran on the team. He does seem to go with the younger guy all things being equal and with the great WR corps it's possible he could replace him. I personally don't think he will until his production falls off a bit more than it has.But that is not what Partial is insinuating. Partial is saying Driver and Harris will be gone next year becuase TT hates veterans. By Partial's stnadard, the ones I mentioned should then be gone as well.

Actually, if you learned how to read I specifically said "I doubt he lets Driver go" or something to that effect.

By my standard? What standard? TT has shown he would rather go with a young guy all things equal. Has this team not been on a youth movement over the years? Are we not the youngest team in the league?

You're grasping at strings that aren't there.

3irty1
12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd be surprised if either Driver or Harris was gone. They are both just too productive and you can never have too many great WR or CB. It was a bit upsetting though to read Al's comments about being traded. Makes you wonder who else is worried for their job in the middle of the season despite playing at a high level. I think the decision to cut KGB resonated with Harris.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 04:04 PM

Actually, if you learned how to read I specifically said "I doubt he lets Driver go" or something to that effect.

By my standard? What standard? TT has shown he would rather go with a young guy all things equal. Has this team not been on a youth movement over the years? Are we not the youngest team in the league?

You're grasping at strings that aren't there.But you said "TT hates veterans". IF thats true, as you claim, all those players I mentioned should be gone becuase TT hates them. Fact is, if a player is productive, TT keeps him regardless of age. Saying "TT hates Veterans" is bullshit and you know it.

Partial
12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Where did I say that he hates veterans? Show me a quote.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
From this thread. Have fun eating your foot.

MJZiggy
12-28-2008, 04:17 PM
:lol:

Rastak
12-28-2008, 04:25 PM

Doesn't like = hates?

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 04:28 PM

Doesn't like = hates?Umm yes. If you don't like someone that usually means you hate them.

Rastak
12-28-2008, 04:30 PM

Doesn't like = hates?Umm yes. If you don't like someone that usually means you hate them.

No, but I guess we all have our own definitions.

Love
Don't Care
Dislike
Hate
Despise

Do you have a binary view of life? You either love the shit out of something or hate it?

Partial
12-28-2008, 04:33 PM

Where does it say that "TT hates veterans". That clearly does not.

The team is the youngest in the NFL for the third year in a row. Clearly TT would rather go with a younger team than a veteran team. I'm not going to argue with you. You're like a child.

The fact that Al has gone on record as saying he thought this was his last game, and DD said he recognizes that there will be changes and that he could be a part of them, speaks volumes.

If you want to nitpick, then fine, I don't think anyone respects you as a poster anyway, so keep on keepin' on. I have better things to do than nitpick with a child.

denverYooper
12-28-2008, 04:35 PM
DD will be back.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Where does it say that "TT hates veterans". That clearly does not.

The team is the youngest in the NFL for the third year in a row. Clearly TT would rather go with a younger team than a veteran team. I'm not going to argue with you. You're like a child.

The fact that Al has gone on record as saying he thought this was his last game, and DD said he recognizes that there will be changes and that he could be a part of them, speaks volumes.

If you want to nitpick, then fine, I don't think anyone respects you as a poster anyway, so keep on keepin' on. I have better things to do than nitpick with a child.Talk about the pot and the fucking kettle....

EDIT: I find it hilarious that someone who told another poster to fuck off is calling someone else a child. Also, But you keep on making up your bullshit about TT. We'll keep destroying your weak arguments as usual.

red
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
a lot of folks at the the game were talking that this could be drivers last game.

he got a huge ovation when he left the field, he stopped and blew kisses to the crowd

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
a lot of folks at the the game were talking that this could be drivers last game.

he got a huge ovation when he left the field, he stopped and blew kisses to the crowd

NO reason for any talk of this being Driver or Al's last game; if it is and it's by GB's choice then I'll seriously lose more faith in TT

bobblehead
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM

NO reason for any talk of this being Driver or Al's last game; if it is and it's by GB's choice then I'll seriously lose more faith in TT

I've backed TT almost every move (in hindsight not the ryan move). If he were to let these guys go I would be stunned. I would think he is off his rocker. Both are still extremely productive and valuable assets to any team. Clifton on the other hand as much as I have loved him over the years....if he doesn't come back and look better in camp then I gotta wonder. Tauscher is likely not going to be back by TC so you wonder about him too, I really hope we give him a 2 year deal, one cheap and one that is sort of a "team option" depending on how he recovers.

MJZiggy
12-28-2008, 09:10 PM

If that were the case, I would lose faith in TT...