PDA

View Full Version : HISTORY 24 HOURS :: OFFICIAL PACKERS VERSUS LIONS THREAD

Pages : [1] 2

Bretsky
12-27-2008, 11:57 AM
For the first time in the history of the NFL a team goes for a 0-16 season. And their foe will be the most underachieving team and one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL.

Tomorrow will offer up a feel good game that will make us feel all rosy and hopeful in the offseason.

The Lions futility on offense starts with the QB. In eight starts, he really has not had one breakout performance. I'm not even sure Vanilla Bob can make this pedestrian look like a NFL quarterback. His best three games produced one touchdown and between 220-265 yards. Don't expect anything above that tomorrow. They do have one of the top up and coming WR's in the NFL in Calvin Johnson........but honestly........can anybody name the #2 WR in Detroit right now ? Ever heard of John Standeford ? Jarrett Bush has a better chance of shutting him down than picking up a wide open fumble recovery.....in a championship game of something

He brings back memories of Taco Wallace. What a nightmare they are. The only bright spot on offense lately has been rookie RB Kevin Smith; in the luck is important factor theory it's a good thing he is playing with a very sore ankle.

On the other side, things are no brighter. Detroit may very well have one of the worst defenses in NFL history. They are one of worst defenses against the run and the worst defenses against the pass. They average giving up around 32 points per game.

In week two Jennings caught six passes for 167 yards and don't expect the Lions to find anybody to cover him this week either. I expect the running game to look good and the passing game to look good even better.

This will be the feel good win of the year.

The Aaron Rodgers Club will be out strong.
Any supporter left of Vanilla Bob will speak loud.
And all will appear well for the Green Bay Packers for those three hours.

Packers 38
Lions 13

Green Bay Wins in a blowout. Take it to the Bank

Rastak
12-27-2008, 12:14 PM
For the first time in the history of the NFL a team goes for a 0-16 season. And their foe will be the most underachieving team and one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL.

Tomorrow will offer up a feel good game that will make us feel all rosy and hopeful in the offseason.

The Lions futility on offense starts with the QB. In eight starts, he really has not had one breakout performance. I'm not even sure Vanilla Bob can make this pedestrian look like a NFL quarterback. His best three games produced one touchdown and between 220-265 yards. Don't expect anything above that tomorrow. They do have one of the top up and coming WR's in the NFL in Calvin Johnson........but honestly........can anybody name the #2 WR in Detroit right now ? Ever heard of John Standeford ? Jarrett Bush has a better chance of shutting him down than picking up a wide open fumble recovery.....in a championship game of something

He brings back memories of Taco Wallace. What a nightmare they are. The only bright spot on offense lately has been rookie RB Kevin Smith; in the luck is important factor theory it's a good thing he is playing with a very sore ankle.

On the other side, things are no brighter. Detroit may very well have one of the worst defenses in NFL history. They are one of worst defenses against the run and the worst defenses against the pass. They average giving up around 32 points per game.

In week two Jennings caught six passes for 167 yards and don't expect the Lions to find anybody to cover him this week either. I expect the running game to look good and the passing game to look good even better.

This will be the feel good win of the year.

The Aaron Rodgers Club will be out strong.
Any supporter left of Vanilla Bob will speak loud.
And all will appear well for the Green Bay Packers for those three hours.

Packers 38
Lions 13

Green Bay Wins in a blowout. Take it to the Bank

Is that the same bank Harv used for the Houston game?

:wink:

I agree, should be a blowout for GB.

oregonpackfan
12-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I still have a nervous feeling in my gut about this game. Sure, the Packers have the home field advantage and they are playing an 0-15 team with one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I am aware that Lions coach Rod Marinelli has been trying to motivate his players with the "You don't want to be known as the only NFL team to go 0-16" speech. They just might upset the Packers, IMO. :oops:

digitaldean
12-27-2008, 01:18 PM
There are three things that worry me about this game:

1.) Detroit is going to play like its a fight for their life. This is a test to their manhood.

2.) The way this team has played in close games, I can't have a ton of faith in them.

3.) Bretsky makes another prediction.

I swear that rally chair could be made of the finest Corinthian leather (apologies to Ricardo Montalban for the cheesy attempt)..But it will burn brightly if we lose to the Kitties.
:lol: :lol:

Bretsky
12-27-2008, 01:46 PM

1.) Detroit is going to play like its a fight for their life. This is a test to their manhood.

2.) The way this team has played in close games, I can't have a ton of faith in them.

I swear that rally chair could be made of the finest Corinthian leather (apologies to Ricardo Montalban for the cheesy attempt)..But it will burn brightly if we lose to the Kitties.

Our offense is better
our defense is better
our coaches are better

what can go wrong ?

Fosco33
12-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Hard to be optimistic on the worst losing streak (5 games) in about 18 years (INFANTE) and 4 by 4 or less...

History is on our side, if anything.

Dope Sheet
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/12/23/2/

-History and the numbers are not on the Lions' side, either. The club has dropped 17 straight games in the state of Wisconsin, including a playoff contest in 1994. The streak spans seven Lions head coaches.

-Currently, the Packers own a six-game winning streak in the series, the longest since Detroit's 11-game winning streak (1949-54) over 50 years ago.

-What's more, the Packers are 13-1 in regular-season finales since 1994, the NFL's best record in finales over that time. Just one of those wins came over the Lions - last season's 34-13 victory.

For once this year, I see the Packers giving up a 4th Q lead and Rodgers getting his comeback (AND the Defense holding for history). But it'll be close.

digitaldean
12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Our offense is better
our defense is better
our coaches are better

what can go wrong ?

Oh man ,are you opening yourself up on that one. :lol:

Especially since our team has found new and ever so inventive ways to give games away, I don't have a ton of faith.

I still believe the Packers will win, but with nowhere near the faith I had earlier in the season.

Bretsky
12-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Lions never beat BF in Lambeau

Packers4Ever
12-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I still have a nervous feeling in my gut about this game. Sure, the Packers have the home field advantage and they are playing an 0-15 team with one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I am aware that Lions coach Rod Marinelli has been trying to motivate his players with the "You don't want to be known as the only NFL team to go 0-16" speech. They just might upset the Packers, IMO. :oops:

OPF I hear ya! Same feelings here re tomorrow's game. Husband says I'm nuts to worry, it'll be a blow-out. He's usually a pessimist so I'm
trusting him bigtime to call it right ! :five:

MJZiggy
12-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Our offense is better
our defense is better
our coaches are better

what can go wrong ?

Oh Jesus Christ, Bretsky, what are you trying to do to me???

Bretsky
12-27-2008, 04:19 PM

Our offense is better
our defense is better
our coaches are better

what can go wrong ?

We should all relax; this game is an EZ one

Oh Jesus Christ, Bretsky, what are you trying to do to me???

MadtownPacker
12-27-2008, 07:07 PM

:lol: :lol:Seems appropriate that Bretsky stick the dagger in the 2008 season.

esoxx
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM

Disagree.

Detroit has already folded it's tent and quit. They had a chance last week at home to make a stand and quit almost immediately. Just b/c it's a week later and one last chance to avoid going winless, they suddenly feel compelled to compete?

They are also decimated by injury, especially on defense.

GB wins big. GB 34-10

Kiwon
12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Our offense is better
our defense is better
our coaches are better

what can go wrong ?

Bretsky, you didn't have any ancestors that sailed on the Titanic did you?

digitaldean
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM

Disagree.

Detroit has already folded it's tent and quit.

I hope your right and the Lions do mail this one in. Though it will be a Pyhrric victory, it's better than losing the way we've done the last 5 weeks.

Fosco33
12-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Is anyone gonna be glued to this game? Sure - I'll watch it live w/ TiVO but there are a ton of good games tomorrow that actually mean something:

Pats v Bills (1/2 of the equation to get a 2nd round pick)
Bears v Texans and Giants v Vikings (why not see who wins the North)

Of course, in the later games - we'll probably watch Favre (especially if the Pats win) and maybe Broncos/Chargers or Cowboys/Eagles.

Badgerinmaine
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
At the start of the year, who would have thought these two teams would be a combined 5-25?
I predict a Packers victory, but I think Detroit will play hard to avoid the 0-16 record and will make it all too interesting. I don't see a blowout packers win tomorrow.

digitaldean
12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
So many games!

If the Packers are winning big, I still will keep the channel on because this season has had so many negative moments.

I'll watch the Jets game for sure. Plus the SD-Denver game I SO want SD to knock off Denver. Rivers has been playing well as of late. Not sure if my area has FOX or CBS with the double header. (don't have Sun. ticket).

I'd much rather have Philly win. That way we can see good ol' Jerry squirm even more than when they tanked vs. Seattle or vs. the Giants.

Seeing TO in a temper tantrum is worth "getting my popcorn ready". :drma:

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 10:41 AM
game day is here !!

packinpatland
12-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I walked into the room too late and didn't catch why Favre was included in Bradshaw's 'Terry Awards'.........what could he possibly be awarded for?

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.packerpalace.com/palace/lionlgo.jpg

GO PACK!!!!

wist43
12-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I suspect GB wins easily, but my God, lol...

what if they lose??? how embarrassing would that be :lol:

GrnBay007
Packers 20
Detroit 17

MJZiggy
Thank you 007. I was just thinking how the apathy level on the game thread was astounding. It needs a little cheerleading...C'mon people!! It's for PRIDE!!!

:wave: :cow: :wave: :cow: :wave: :pack: :pack: :pack: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 11:52 AM

I know....scary :shock:

The Shadow
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
How long do you suppose it will take the Packers to announce any coaching changes following this game?
And : who are the best (and likely avail.) defensive coordinator options?
I keep hearing Wade Phillips - despite Jerry's statement that he's safe - might be available.

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
The game is not on here...only playoff implicated teams on. :(

So I have to rely on this thread and the internet to tell me how it's going.

Sorry, but I'm not going to a sports bar to fork out a bunch of money for food/drinks for me and the kids to watch the Packers play the lions.

We will eat Christmas leftovers from our party last night and I'll watch from PR. lol

retailguy
12-28-2008, 11:59 AM
The game is not on here...only playoff implicated teams on. :(

So I have to rely on this thread and the internet to tell me how it's going.

Sorry, but I'm not going to a sports bar to fork out a bunch of money for food/drinks for me and the kids to watch the Packers play the lions.

We will eat Christmas leftovers from our party last night and I'll watch from PR. lol

00 - try this link!

http://www.justin.tv/hac532

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM

The Detroit Lions are way beyond terrible.

Green Bay is bad but the Lions are at their own level

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm not worried, I think the Lions are worse than their record would indicate.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Thank you 007. I was just thinking how the apathy level on the game thread was astounding. It needs a little cheerleading...C'mon people!! It's for PRIDE!!!

:wave: :cow: :wave: :cow: :wave: :pack: :pack: :pack: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, because we can beat a 0-15 team :!:

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:05 PM
How long do you suppose it will take the Packers to announce any coaching changes following this game?
And : who are the best (and likely avail.) defensive coordinator options?
I keep hearing Wade Phillips - despite Jerry's statement that he's safe - might be available.

My guess is the next week if they go the DC route

Jim Haslett and Mike Nolan are two names that have been mentioned and have been affiliated with MM in the past; of course they could also hire from within

IF

Vanilla Man is let go

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:06 PM
2nd and 34; I think there is still a 50-50 shot we make it

Teams should have to get 30 yards for a first down with the Lions

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:07 PM
3rd and 20

DRAW PLAY to Deshawn Wynn!!

Brilliant

Now we're going for it on 4th down

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
4th and 12; Green Bay goes for it and throws a 6 yard slant

Lion Ball

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I see the game thread has loads of interest in it today :lol:

retailguy
12-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I see the game thread has loads of interest in it today :lol:

I'm here, for a while anyhow. not much to say. :tup:

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 12:12 PM
I think we should remove MM from the playcalling as well.

What genius! I remember Infante doing that crafty 3rd and 20 draw.

Thank God Detroit's offense is more pathetic than MM's playcalling today

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:15 PM
OK; Lions are better at one position

Punter

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Nice dropped pass, GJ! :evil:

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 12:16 PM
TD! DeWYNN!

Bretsky
Deshawn Wynn

73 yard TD

Never touched

Brando19
73 yd TD for Wynn! He should be our starting RB

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Deshawn Wynn has the hi8gest yards per carrry of all GB running backs this season.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:17 PM

And Bob Sanders should be our head coach :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Wynn is looking slightly tubby this year. I thought he might need the oxygen tank BEFORE he crossed the end zone.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 12:19 PM

:lol: Yeah right.

Do you disagree that Wynn should get more carries than Grant? Explain.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Wynn has NFL talent. But I doubt he will be more than a backup.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Wynn is a underachieving unreliable player who can't be counted on. There is a reason we cut him and nobody was interested in bringing him onto their team.

He's got talent; maybe he'll grow up and mature some day. Maybe it's slowly occuring

A 72 yard run through a hole made for a Mack Truck doesn't convince me of that much.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 12:25 PM

Wynn is a underachieving unreliable player who can't be counted on. There is a reason we cut him and nobody was interested in bringing him onto their team.

He's got talent; maybe he'll grow up and mature some day. Maybe it's slowly occuring

A 72 yard run through a hole made for a Mack Truck doesn't convince me of that much.

Good answer.

What QB's did you decide to go with out of Garcia, Rivers and Manning in FF?

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
All 3 incompletions have been drops.

WRs are not hanging on to balls that are delivered on the mark.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 12:31 PM
How many drops does GJ have this year - I feel like he's leading the club?

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Good answer.

What QB's did you decide to go with out of Garcia, Rivers and Manning in FF?

Ended up going with Rivers and Garcia; what pushed me over to that one for sure was the Oakland Stud CB is out.

If I was down 20 points I'd have went with McNabb. But since we have a 32pt lead going into the final week I decided to go the safer route.

From Garcia, I hope to get 70% completion percentage........220yds......one TD, and No INT's

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 12:32 PM
M3 really loves to call passes that short of the line (and if complete/not wouldn't make a 1st down). So annoying.

Sweet punt there... maybe it needs to be colder so he can punt like last Monday.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, the Lions are messed up...why the time out?!

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 12:34 PM
That was right to him. CW - what a year.

Bretsky
Open WR and the QB throws it right to Woodsen

Terrible :!:

Badgerinmaine
Thank goodness for Woodson!

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
If you were Matt Cassell, and the money was the same (he'll be a free agent) would you rather start for the Lions or back up Tom Brady for the Patriots?

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Tough choice. I'd almost think I'd take the Pats.

If Brady doesn't come back well from rehab, he's the guy.

In Detroit, there is so much disarray it makes a Chinese fire drill look organized.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:39 PM
If you were Matt Cassell, and the money was the same (he'll be a free agent) would you rather start for the Lions or back up Tom Brady for the Patriots?

I'd go to Minnesota

There is drop #3 for Jennings

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 12:41 PM
223 and 2 TD away now.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Touchdown, Finley! If he can grow up mentally he could be a big help in the future.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 12:44 PM
What the heck is our kickoff team doing? 2 straight squibs??? Guess we can't even try a normal kickoff and see if the coverage works.

Fire Stock for being a weakling. You know Lombardi wouldn't take this shit.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:45 PM

I'd go to Minnesota

Sure--but do you think they've given up on Jackson enough yet to give Cassell the payday he's looking for?

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 12:47 PM
I can see the NFL is trying to keep Ed Hochuli as far away from games with playoff implications as they can....

gbgary
12-28-2008, 12:48 PM
well...it's 14 to nothing. time for mm to shut things down and begin a 3-and-out fest. :lol:

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Peterson just broke a 67 yard run for a TD. Nice.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:49 PM
I can see the NFL is trying to keep Ed Hochuli as far away from games with playoff implications as they can....
If they really wanted him to be invisible, he's be working the KC-Cincy game. :-)

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Who the hell are these announcers? Did Fox not feel like paying for a plane up to Green Bay and decide to just get the high school radio guys?

Ah, to be insignificant........

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Peterson just broke a 67 yard run for a TD. Nice.
Good for the Vikes. I wish the Bears were losing, but if Minn. wins the Bears game doesn't matter.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 12:51 PM
If they really wanted him to be invisible, he's be working the KC-Cincy game. :-)

Sad thing is that game probably sold more tickets than a Vikings playoff game will......

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 12:53 PM

Sad thing is that game probably sold more tickets than a Vikings playoff game will......
It it had been at Arrowhead, you might've been right...

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Who the hell are these announcers? Did Fox not feel like paying for a plane up to Green Bay and decide to just get the high school radio guys?

special assignment for the meaningless game of week :lol:

Badgerinmaine

I'm listening on the radio on the internet, but the506.com says it's Chris Rose (better known as the host of Fox's "Best DamnSports Show Period"), and the recently retired John Lynch. The506.com also shows that the only market outside of WI and MI that's showing the game is Toledo, on the Michi. border and full of Det. fans. Safe to say this is the bottom team...

BallHawk
I think Orlovsky and Dustin Sherer should be friends....

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow. I guess Calvin Johnson doesn't need to get both feet in for a TD.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Wow. I guess alvin Johnson doesn't need to get both feet in for a TD.

For God's sake, they're 0-15......you gotta give them something.

BallHawk
Carney hits a 51 yarder to make the game 10-3, Vikes.

Bretsky

I wonder who is better

Badgerinmaine

special assignment for the meaningless game of week :lol:

I think it's the only game on Fox at 1 Eastern today with no playoff implications--so I think you've got it. :mrgreen:

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 12:58 PM
And Jarrett Bush displays the ST play that keeps him on the team. :roll:

Bretsky
Lots of hit chicks in TB wearing those Pirate bandanas

Badgerinmaine
And Jarrett Bush displays the ST play that keeps him on the team. :roll:
I think he has incriminating pictures somewhere. :P

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Nice return blocking!

Start at the frickin' 10....

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Just got back. What are the weather conditions in GB today?

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
relax; this one is in the bank.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 01:01 PM

Only up 7... I wouldn't be cashing anything yet.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 01:02 PM

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pictures/anime/anime124.jpg
Jinx

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:03 PM

we're playing the Bad news Bears

BallHawk
Lots of hit chicks in TB wearing those Pirate bandanas

And lots of asshole fans.....lots and lots of jackasses at RJS.

Iron Mike
Holy Christ....Finley has better hands than Jennings today. :shock:

digitaldean
Finley is outplaying GJ! My God, I ought to slap myself, cause I'd never thought I'd say that!

gbgary
career day for finally...two catches.

BallHawk

we're playing the Bad news Bears

After what happened against the Bears last week, that might not be the best comparison.

Packers4Glory
12-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Finley may be someone if he keeps his head on straight.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
And the Bears fumble the kickoff......to the kicker.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 01:06 PM

I wonder who is better

Either one would still be ineffective in doing anything with the Badger offense.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Who the hell are these announcers?

you get the C announcers for a game like this. hell, this game doesn't even rate a slot in the nfl season ticket game-mix. :oops:

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Nobody was holding Kampman there, huh??? :roll:

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 01:12 PM
There is no excuse for not triple-teaming Calvin Johnson

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Jesus Christ Collins.......that was right to you. :evil:

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:14 PM
95 yd pass to Jennings or Driver

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Guess how many times we're gonna hear Ernie Sims' name mentioned today??

Brando19
12-28-2008, 01:17 PM
NE 3
Buf 0 at the half.

If....big IF...Buffalo beats NE...and the Jets win today...are the Jets in the playoffs? That'd be a 2nd round pick for the Pack!

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 01:19 PM
NE 3
Buf 0 at the half.

If....big IF...Buffalo beats NE...and the Jets win today...are the Jets in the playoffs? That'd be a 2nd round pick for the Pack!

To be traded for a 3rd and two 7ths. :P

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 01:19 PM
NE 3
Buf 0 at the half.

50 mph winds there today.....anything is possible!

Brando19
12-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Big Ben's hurt bad...he's being wheeled off the field on a stretcher!

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Marinara is making worse game-time decisions than M3.

Did I just say that??? :x

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Jim Sorgi.............19/27 for 139

Tennessee---11 passing yards for the whole first half

Packers4Glory
12-28-2008, 01:23 PM
NE 3
Buf 0 at the half.

shit. you knew the way our season has gone, that the Jets would choke and we wouldn't get our 2nd.....and like someone said that 2nd wouldn't be able to turn into a 4th and 2 7ths lol

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Giants 6
Vikings 10

:shock:

Bears 10
Houston 14

:lol:

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 01:28 PM
crosby 69yd field goal hit cross bar So close.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 01:29 PM
that free kick was great to see! just inches short.

I love seeing such heads-up coaching.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
69 yard field goal attempt???? Are u serious?

MJZiggy
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
That was fun. But was it fun for Crosby or punishment for last week???

Brando19
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
NE made Buffalo fumble...not lookin good for that 2nd round pick.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 01:38 PM

But the Jets are in if they beat Miami, right?

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:38 PM

All the BB haters have become invisible; hands down the best coach in the NFL

Amazing the season they've had w/o Tom Brady

Brando19
12-28-2008, 01:39 PM

No...the Patriots have to lose AND the Jets have to win.

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 01:41 PM
This Packer team is letting an inferior team hang around.

Hope they can pick it up in the 2nd half and put this game away.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 01:42 PM
so both Miami and NY are eliminated if NE wins?

NE has knocked Buffalo, NY JETS and Miami out of the playoffs?

NE needs some opponents for the playoffs.

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 01:43 PM

No...the Patriots have to lose AND the Jets have to win.

But then there is some implication with the Jacksonville game too, right?

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
N.Y. Jets can clinch the AFC East Division (No. 3 seed) with:

* a win and a New England loss
N.Y. Jets can clinch a playoff berth (No. 6 seed) with:

* a win and a Baltimore loss

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Miami can clinch the AFC East Division (No. 3 seed) with EITHER:

* a win OR
* a tie and a New England loss or tie

Miami can clinch a playoff berth (No. 6 seed) with:

* a tie and a Baltimore loss

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/scenarios

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I can't believe this guy is a NFL quarterback

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
69 yard field goal attempt???? Are u serious?
Yup. Packers got a fair catch on a punt as time was running out but the rules say you can have time them for a free kick.

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Texan laying the wood on chicago 21-10

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:50 PM
NE scored the TD; we need the Jags to beat the Ravens and Jets to win

Bellichek is absolute money

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:50 PM
HOUSTON 21
DA BEARS 10

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:51 PM
ah ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Brando19
12-28-2008, 01:52 PM

NE has knocked Buffalo, NY JETS and Miami out of the playoffs?

NE needs some opponents for the playoffs.

NE, Miami, and the Jets are in the same division. Do you see the Packers, Bears, and Vikings in the Playoffs together? no. A Wild Card won't come from that division, I don't believe.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:53 PM
that is a fumble

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:54 PM
JACK BAUER WILL SAVE
THE PACKERS 09 SEASON

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:55 PM
TIE GAME

STILL NOT WORRIED

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I SEND THAT EVERYBODY ON THE FORUM IS PUKING RIGHT NOW

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 01:59 PM

No. Miami is the division champ if they beat the Jets regardless of what the Patriots do.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 02:00 PM
TIE GAME

STILL NOT WORRIED
I am.

Iron Mike
12-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Wow....we didn't even wait for the fourth quarter to fold up the tents. :x

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Lions are just terrible; we're not going to lose to them

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:02 PM
a prayer.........answered.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Jennings picked a good time to finally snag one.

Bretsky
ERNIE SIMMS

his best hit of the year

GrnBay007
GBR is at the game.......just sent a text the fans are booing. ugh!

C'MON PACKERS!!!!

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 02:05 PM

C'MON PACKERS!!!!

well the Packers do suck less then the Lions

GrnBay007
12-28-2008, 02:07 PM

C'MON PACKERS!!!!

:lol:

....what a gauge

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Which team will self-destruct first? :-)

imscott72
12-28-2008, 02:10 PM

C'MON PACKERS!!!!

You sure? The Lions might grab the lead here..I think we suck pretty dang bad..

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:11 PM
How's that check B?

Deputy Nutz
This team blows

Fosco33
Even if we win this game - this shows how BAD the Pack is this year...

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:12 PM
This team blows

Blows or Sucks?

Brando19
Let's be real here...will it be a good thing to lose to the Lions? Will there be immediate coaching changes (Def..special teams,etc..). Not to mention it'll make us have a higher pick in the draft.

Nah...the Lions suck and haven't won at GB since '91.

Badgerinmaine
Need a stop here.

Fosco33
2nd or 3rd dropped INT today.

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 02:13 PM
This team blows

Blows or Sucks?
Both. They are huffing and puffing. :o

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 02:13 PM
2nd or 3rd dropped INT today.
Sure, but I'll still take the stop.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
let's see if the offense can reel-off more than five or six plays. :roll:

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
houston driving again

giants winning

---->No one wants to win the North

Looks like it may be Favre's last game as NE is up 13 with 10min to play

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
The ONLY reason we aren't behind is because the Lions receivers are dropping as many balls as our WRs are.

I did not like either 4th down call by M3. Only reason we lucked out this last drive is because of the stupid Lions defender getting the flag for taunting.

This looks TOO familiar to other games.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 02:16 PM
TD GRANT

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:16 PM
that's coming back.

billy_oliver880
12-28-2008, 02:17 PM
TD GRANT

He is down. Looks like he touched the ground.

Badgerinmaine
Yes, yes, yes! Finally a flukey break in our favor...pending the review.

Fosco33
Was his ass on the ground?

Brando19
His hand is allowed to touch...i didn't see a knee down.

Packers4Glory
Packers....tons of talent, can beat anyone in the lg. $.10 heads. penalties out the ass. blown assignments. spotty special steams. cant finish. M3 can't call a game late in the game when its close. decides after Rodgers leads them down the field to start running and trying field goals...only to have the defense give up 8475 yd runs to lose games.

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
TD GRANT

He is down. Looks like he touched the ground.Great effort . Could be TD remember who looking at replay

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Was his ass on the ground?

yup

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:19 PM
besides winning for pride or to be less embarrassed (they really should be either way) - who cares if they lose...

Brando19
12-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Grant needs to get off his sorry ass.....lol

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
How's that check B?

Banks checks do not bounce; we're fine

Badgerinmaine
12-28-2008, 02:20 PM
Dang!

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:21 PM
The Pack looks like a marathon runner at the 25th mile (season) who didn't practice enough and is just waiting to have a cocktail and some relaxation very soon

gbgary
Packers....tons of talent...

i don't think so. they've got six or seven good players and the rest are back-ups.

Deputy Nutz
poopy

channtheman
Did you guys hear Ernie Sims after the original announcement? THAT'S BULLSHIT!

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Packers 358 yds
Lions 190yds
yet where tied

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:22 PM
How's that check B?

Banks checks do not bounce; we're fine

With all the banks failing this year, I wouldn't say so...

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:23 PM

no

channtheman
12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Donald Lee sucks. But so has Jennings, Ruvel Martin, and Finley with the drops.

Brohm
Another drop....

BallHawk
Tavaris Jackson throws an INT in the end zone from about his the Giants 10.......then gets an unnecessary roughness penalty on a late hit for knocking the INT-carrier out of bounds.

I feel sorry for Minny.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 02:25 PM

no

It was pretty funny. The refs mic was still on so you could hear it real well. It was right after the refs ruled the Grant run a TD.

Fosco33
How funny would Mason's free kick miss be if we lose by 3 or end in a tie?

Packers4Glory

i don't think so. they've got six or seven good players and the rest are back-ups.

well right now they have a few back ups playing because of injuries. This is the same team from a yr ago minus favre and minus M3 calling plays at the end like he normally would have.

its a very young team, w/ talent. They just haven't figured out how to close.

Deputy Nutz
Tavaris Jackson throws an INT in the end zone from about his the Giants 10.......then gets an unnecessary roughness penalty on a late hit for knocking the INT-carrier out of bounds.

I feel sorry for Minny.

I feel sorry for Packer fans

imscott72
Tavaris with a monster interception in the red zone..Are the Vikes really gonna lose to the Giants backups?

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:26 PM
3rd and 3 - expect a 2 yard pass.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Aaron Rodgers
CW
Al Harris
Ryan Grant
Donald Driver
Greg Jennings
Aaron Kampman
Cullen Jenkins
Nick Barnett
AJ Hawk
Nick Collins

Those guys would start on most teams, easy. You're exaggerating.

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 02:27 PM
not very many game breaks. Fox must think if where watching this game we don't need game break info.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 02:27 PM

It would be hilarious! I don't mind if we win or lose today. I do think it would be funny though if we lost today and so did the Bears and the Vikings. Had we won the 3 divisional games we would have lost on those missed field goals, we would have won the division.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
4 min left in NE game - blanking the Bills.

Last call for Favre.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 02:28 PM
not very many game breaks. Fox must think if where watching this game we don't need game break info.

Fox probably thinks there's noone watching this game.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:29 PM

It would be hilarious! I don't mind if we win or lose today. I do think it would be funny though if we lost today and so did the Bears and the Vikings. Had we won the 3 divisional games we would have lost on those missed field goals, we would have won the division.

Good call. Although if the last 2 games mattered, we'd be playing a lot differently.

Brohm
Wow...pathetic

Fosco33
Bears at the 50 after a nice return by Manning

Deputy Nutz
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM

Last call for Favre.

actually if Baltimore loses an the Jets win, New York is in the Playoffs

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM
yet another 3rd and long with a short pass.

M3 - you are so boring

Brando19
12-28-2008, 02:31 PM

Last call for Favre.

For real? Who does the Ravens play?

pack4to84
ITS GOOD

Brohm
Why is he not running the ball?

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Last call for Favre.

For real? Who does the Ravens play?

Jacksonville.

BallHawk
WE SCORED!

channtheman
yet another 3rd and long with a short pass.

M3 - you are so boring

Yeah I've been wondering if that's MM or Rodgers. I have no clue, but I have to think that when we go for it on 4th down and 12 and STILL do a slant, it has to be MM.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Last call for Favre.

Then there's still hope for a 2nd rd pick - sweet.

A very long shot that the Ravens will lose at home to the Jags though.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Carney kicks a short FG, Giants up 19-10.

Is anybody surprised?

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 02:34 PM
The Lions can't even make our special teams coach look bad

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Last call for Favre.

Then there's still hope for a 2nd rd pick - sweet.

A very long shot that the Ravens will lose at home to the Jags though.

They're both physical teams, though. Anything can happen........

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Is anybody surprised?

It'd be funny to have MN win the division by losing....

channtheman
12-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Does anyone else think we would be better off having someone just catch a punt and run as fast as they can straight forward?

pack4to84

Is anybody surprised?

It'd be funny to have MN win the division by losing....And getting torched by the backup QB of Giants.

gbgary

Is anybody surprised?

It'd be funny to have MN win the division by losing....

ya know...i think i posted early on that the division winner mignt be 9-7. :lol:

Bretsky
Ball was not tipped

That should have been pass interference when Chillar mugged the guy

We're getting the breaks today :lol:

pack4to84
Texan in RED ZONE again

imscott72
12-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Bears gettin tore up by the Texans now..What a pathetic division the North is..Incredible..

Edit: holding on the touchdown run, now a fumble by the Texans, Chicago recovers..Crazy game..I'd much rather have the Bears in vs the Vikings..

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Bernard Berrian left wide open downfield and scores......CB slipped.

19-17.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
minn just scored.

Badgerinmaine
TD, Vikings.

Fosco33
Just a reminder.

Game was tied in 4th Q and Rodgers led a drive to take the lead - again.

See if he can add to it here.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Ernie Sims; he's pretty much looked like crap today

nice late hit

Can I get ready to call a Dagger ???

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Anyone know if Big Ben is hurt - or how bad?

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:41 PM

nice late hit

Please no - just wait 'til the clock shows 00:00

Brando19
12-28-2008, 02:42 PM

nice late hit

Call it, B....call it now.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Anyone know if Big Ben is hurt - or how bad?

concussion

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Houston fumbles in the red zone.....Chicago recovers.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:43 PM
At least we're not Lion fans

Brando19
12-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I bet Favre is shitting bricks. This could be his last game. He's only been through this 6 or 7 times.

Fosco33
Ugly play

channtheman
Just a reminder.

Game was tied in 4th Q and Rodgers led a drive to take the lead - again.

See if he can add to it here.

I noticed that too. Rodgers really has gotten us the lead in the 4th quarter many times this year. He just hasn't led us to a TD with less than 2 minutes yet. And there's another TD throw for Rodgers!

gbgary

houston challenged and won.

imscott72
KUHN TOUCHDOWNNNNN!! WOOT WOOT

pack4to84
TD Kunn

Badgerinmaine
Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn!

Bretsky

nice late hit

dagger

BallHawk

houston challenged and won.

Gamecenter is being freaky......said Houston challenged and ruling was upheld.

Badgerinmaine

nice late hit

dagger
stop that

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!

pack4to84
I need Rodger throw 1 more TD and pass for 49 yds can it be done?

channtheman
Whoever needed Rodgers to get the 270 yards and 3 TD's, all you have to hope for now is one more TD drive by the Packers where we throw for 50 yards.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
LOL, same time. I was thinking of you!

Deputy Nutz

nice late hit

dagger

Jackass

Fosco33
1st and goal Texans

pack4to84
12-28-2008, 02:47 PM
LOL, same time. I was thinking of you!WoW what timing.

Fosco33
NE won.

Needs the Jags and Jets to win.

Carolina_Packer

nice late hit

Please no - just wait 'til the clock shows 00:00

Yeah, as bad as the Packer D has been at sealing the deal, please hold off declaring anything.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 02:48 PM
houston td!! :lol:

channtheman
12-28-2008, 02:48 PM
LOL, same time. I was thinking of you!WoW what timing.

Hope that the Lions score down here and MM will have to keep throwing.

Fosco33
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
TD Texans... and with Oakland winning - too f-ing funny

imscott72
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Bears season just ended..Texans up by two TD's with 3 mins left..