PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Graham

Partial
12-28-2008, 12:40 AM
If Graham could add 10 pounds without losing his speed, I would absolutely love to see this guy in G&G. He is a solid blocker already, dominating Everette Brown all game. He is sure handed, fast enough to make some plays, and solid in just about all aspects of tight end.

He reminds me of Owen Daniels; a very solid middle round pick who could become a very effective NFL player.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 07:24 AM
I didn't think Graham dominated anybody on the blocking side; he's a decent prospect at the pro level I think.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2008, 10:39 AM
He's not coming out this year, is he? Is he even a junior? I thought sophomore.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 10:53 AM
He's not coming out this year, is he? Is he even a junior? I thought sophomore.

He's a senior.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2008, 11:15 AM
OK, I got off my lazy ass and looked it up.

According to the Badger roster on JSOnline, he is a redshirt junior--eligibility to play for the Badgers next season. That being the case, I doubt he comes out. He's good, but not THAT good.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I'd rather have Beckum, if we're talking about Wisconsin TEs (but who wouldn't rather have Beckum?)

And Owen Daniels was a better pro prospect than Graham.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Graham may make the pros, but he is not a special player.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd rather have Beckum, if we're talking about Wisconsin TEs (but who wouldn't rather have Beckum?)

I'm not that sure Beckum will make it beyond his rookie contract. He needs to beef up for a blocker and he's not good enough to be a WR. I like the guy a lot but I'm skeptical.

Partial
12-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Owen Daniels wasn't a very good pro prospect.

Beckum cannot catch the damn ball. He has the dropsies to the extreme. No way do I want him.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 03:47 PM

nah, Owens was incredible in college. He had injuries, but was a heck of a player whenever he got on the field. And he already had the beefed-up body of a pro TE in college.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM

Beckum cannot catch the damn ball. He has the dropsies to the extreme. No way do I want him.

Yeah I've always thought the guys on ESPN went WAY overboard when they were saying how great Beckum is.