PDA

View Full Version : Has Al Harris played his last game in Green Bay?

Brando19
12-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Al Harris is one of my favorite players, but he didn't play well at all today. We all know TT loves youth and Harris himself has questioned whether or not he'll be welcomed back next year. What does everyone think? I believe he'll be back for one more year..at least I hope.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 03:15 PM
He'll be back. He was a veteran playing the last meaningless game of the year......I'm not saying it's acceptable to halfass it, but I'm not surprised.

digitaldean
12-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I admire his toughness to come back from the spleen injury.

But somehow I think his play has slipped enough that he may not be back at least as a starter.

channtheman
12-28-2008, 03:28 PM
As much as I love Al, I think he is done.

gbgary
12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
he'll be back. if not as a starter then as the best nickel back in the league.

cpk1994
12-28-2008, 03:29 PM
He'll be back. He was a veteran playing the last meaningless game of the year......I'm not saying it's acceptable to halfass it, but I'm not surprised.This . AL can still play. Even TT can see that.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 03:30 PM
he's back for sure IMO

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah. He'll be back. If he was a free agent and had to be re-signed, it might be a different story, but to arbitrarily get rid of him would be foolhardy.

MJZiggy
12-28-2008, 03:34 PM
He'll be back. He was a veteran playing the last meaningless game of the year......I'm not saying it's acceptable to halfass it, but I'm not surprised.

He didn't play halfass at the end. He made two mistakes that I can recall; the stuff at the end was intentional, designed to run the clock down. It worked.

Partial
12-28-2008, 03:35 PM
No. Tramon is not very good yet. He started out hot and kind of faded away.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 03:38 PM
he'll be back. if not as a starter then as the best nickel back in the league.

ya, his game doesn't depend on speed. it depends more on dirty play. :lol:

He looks to be in good shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a couple more years.

he is a tough sucker. But I'm not sure he will be able to beat-out Williams for the starting spot for long.

Charles Woodson is just all-world. He may not have the stats, but he is a hall of fame player.

3irty1
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
At least one more year from Al. You can't have too many good corners.

denverYooper
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
He'll be back.

Freak Out
12-28-2008, 04:24 PM
He damn well better be back...even if it's not as the starter. After Tramon who do we have that can be trusted at this point?

RashanGary
12-28-2008, 04:41 PM
He's back. Even if he plays nickle, he's back.

The Leaper
12-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Al will be back...without question IMO. I would expect TT to find plenty of bodies to compete in camp though, so Al won't be given anything.

He might have a different role than he has in the past, but he's still a solid player who hasn't relied on speed in the last 2-3 years to get the job done. As such, it is less likely that he will suddenly fall off a cliff, like KGB. He's in a slow decline that clearly has already begun...but he could still be a very good #2 CB next year.

Bretsky
12-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Al will be back...without question IMO. I would expect TT to find plenty of bodies to compete in camp though, so Al won't be given anything.

He might have a different role than he has in the past, but he's still a solid player who hasn't relied on speed in the last 2-3 years to get the job done. As such, it is less likely that he will suddenly fall off a cliff, like KGB. He's in a slow decline that clearly has already begun...but he could still be a very good #2 CB next year.

You are remembered to me as the guy who called Reggie Nelson correctly. Start doing your draft work; look forward to seeing who your call is this year :!:

The Leaper
12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
You are remembered to me as the guy who called Reggie Nelson correctly. Start doing your draft work; look forward to seeing who your call is this year :!:

Anyone who didn't miss their senior season due to injury is a good start.

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 07:36 PM
the question in your subject line is the opposite of the question in your poll.

Very tricky. I nearly ruined my evening by voting the wrong way.

Brando19
12-28-2008, 07:39 PM
the question in your subject line is the opposite of the question in your poll.

Very tricky. I nearly ruined my evening by voting the wrong way.

Haha...I'm sorry about that. It never occured to me.

esoxx
12-28-2008, 07:48 PM
He better be back.

red
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
they would be insane to let him go. he's still head and shoulders above williams. and he's still a pretty damn good cb

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure he's that much better than Williams.

rbaloha1
12-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Al recently had a streak in which no passes were completed against him.

While teams are starting to "pick on" Al due to Woodson and slower reaction time, Al can still play and should return.

Deputy Nutz
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Williams played ok this year, but he certainly didn't do anything that signifies that he is a better corner than Al Harris.

texaspackerbacker
12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Williams played ok this year, but he certainly didn't do anything that signifies that he is a better corner than Al Harris.

That's not the standard. If he's still better than Blackmon or Lee or Bush, Harris needs to stay.

Three starter quality corners is more like a necessity than a luxury, especially for the Packers. Four wouldn't be too many.

SkinBasket
12-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Al earned himself a new nickname around our house this season. "Almost" Al Harris almost caught several interceptions, almost defensed several deep passes, and almost got to the ball on time.

That being said, he's still better than a lot of starting CBs in this league - just not as good as he used to be. Keep him.

Brohm
12-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Hit no, but meant yes :oops:

I think he is back next year. However, whomever the DC is will have to be more cognizant of giving him some more safety help as opposed to just leaving him on an island.