PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Dropped Passes by Packer Receivers

oregonpackfan
12-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I thought Rodgers displayed excellent pinpoint passing today. What disturbed me was the large number of dropped passes by Packers' receivers. At one point near the end of the first half, the Packers receivers had dropped 7 passes.

Jennings had 3 dropped passes. Other receivers who dropped passes included Martin, Jones, and Donald Lee.

To be a playoff contender team, the receivers cannot be dropping that many passes.

Rodgers was 21-of-31 for 308 yards and three touchdowns for the Packers. If the passes were not dropped he would have been a remarkable 28 of 31.

red
12-28-2008, 08:46 PM
the conditions were a lot worse then they might have looked on TV. it was cold, and very windy

rodgers also had a ball slip right out of his hands early, and the lions also had some drops

still, they need to make those catches

as for the wind, put it this way. i was in the south endzone looking straight north. at one point the american flag and the packer flag on each side of the north endzone scoreboard were facing each other. for over a minute.

how the hell is that possible?

Charles Woodson
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
the conditions were a lot worse then they might have looked on TV. it was col

as for the wind, put it this way. i was in the south endzone looking straight north. at one point the american flag and the packer flag on each side of the north endzone were facing each other. for over a minute.

you think thats bad? you should watch the first half of the Patriots-Bills game.. Now that shit was ridiclulous, they had to straighten a field goal post durring the game cause the wind had made it crooked, did crazy things to the field goal kickers

bobblehead
12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
as for the wind, put it this way. i was in the south endzone looking straight north. at one point the american flag and the packer flag on each side of the north endzone scoreboard were facing each other. for over a minute.

Climate change :shock:

Harlan Huckleby
12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Jennings dropped several early.

But I don't consider the drops too terrible overall in cold, breezy conditions.

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2008, 08:43 AM

as for the wind, put it this way. i was in the south endzone looking straight north. at one point the american flag and the packer flag on each side of the north endzone were facing each other. for over a minute.

you think thats bad? you should watch the first half of the Patriots-Bills game.. Now that shit was ridiclulous, they had to straighten a field goal post durring the game cause the wind had made it crooked, did crazy things to the field goal kickers

That one FG attempt by Buffalo was crazy funny.

sheepshead
12-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Agreed, that was ugly early. These guys are usually very sure handed, Jennings especially. The conditions might have been that bad, I heard lots of blowing snow up there and cold. That game could have been the blow out I was hoping for had they kept those drives going.

LL2
12-29-2008, 09:39 AM
I saw very little of the game, but I did see a nice throw by Rodgers that was very catchable in the first quarter that was dropped by Jennings. Sure it was cold, but NFL receivers get paid to catch balls, and if you want to be an elite WR you catch the ones that are on the money. I agree the WR core dropped way too many balls this year. I remember Holmgren used to bench a WR for too many drops. Perhaps MM isn't tough enough when it comes to mistakes, because this team made a lot this year that contributed to their 6-10 record.

sharpe1027
12-29-2008, 09:59 AM
If the wind was so bad that the WRs were in anyway justified in dropping that many balls, I give all the credit in the world the Rodgers for still being able to make all this throws right on the money. :)

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 10:01 AM

you think thats bad? you should watch the first half of the Patriots-Bills game.. Now that shit was ridiclulous, they had to straighten a field goal post durring the game cause the wind had made it crooked, did crazy things to the field goal kickersYeah. the first FG by the Pats, the kicker practically kicked it sideways in order for the wind to blow it through the uprights.

denverYooper
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I saw very little of the game, but I did see a nice throw by Rodgers that was very catchable in the first quarter that was dropped by Jennings. Sure it was cold, but NFL receivers get paid to catch balls, and if you want to be an elite WR you catch the ones that are on the money. I agree the WR core dropped way too many balls this year. I remember Holmgren used to bench a WR for too many drops. Perhaps MM isn't tough enough when it comes to mistakes, because this team made a lot this year that contributed to their 6-10 record.

A good benchin' sure helped out McNabb and the Eagles.

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 11:03 AM
I saw very little of the game, but I did see a nice throw by Rodgers that was very catchable in the first quarter that was dropped by Jennings. Sure it was cold, but NFL receivers get paid to catch balls, and if you want to be an elite WR you catch the ones that are on the money. I agree the WR core dropped way too many balls this year. I remember Holmgren used to bench a WR for too many drops. Perhaps MM isn't tough enough when it comes to mistakes, because this team made a lot this year that contributed to their 6-10 record.MM has no problem benching people for mistakes. Just ask James Jones.

rbaloha1
12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Also disappointed by the drops which was probably attributed to the weather conditions.

On the positive side, A-Rod threw the ball well.