PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac Williams blows out other knee

red
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
this poor guy, he just busted his ass to get back on to the field after many people thought his career was over, only to have this happen

pft

NIGHTMARE SCENARIO FOR CADILLAC
Posted by Mike Florio on December 28, 2008, 5:45 p.m.

Fifteen months after tearing the patellar tendon in his right knee, Bucs running back Cadillac Williams might have suffered the same injury to his left knee.

Williams left the game after being tackled at the tail end of a 28-yard run against the Raiders.

Several readers have advised us that Williams could be heard dropping an “F” bomb in frustration after suffering the injury.

Per the St. Petersburg Times, the tear in the left knee apparently isn’t as severe as the tear in the right knee. In the wake of the 2007 injury, there were rumors that Williams might never play again.

red
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/12/fears-of-torn-p.html

December 28, 2008
Fears of torn patellar tendon for Cadillac

RB Cadillac Williams appears to have torn the patellar tendon in his left knee, one year after sustaining the same injury to his right knee.

Williams was injured early in the fourth quarter when he was tackled by CB Chris Johnson at the end of a 28-yard run, Williams' longest of the game.

The injury left Williams writhing in pain on the sideline and vividly showing his frustration. It was immediately apparent to him that the injury was severe, particularly having suffered the same injury before.

Williams returned to the lineup on Nov. 16 after spending the first half of the season on the Physically Unable to Perform List. This latest injury could deal him a significant setback in his career, which only now was getting back on track. Today's performance was perhaps his best since returning. He scored two touchdowns and had 115 total yards on 17 touches (12 carries and five receptions).

Initial information indicates this tear is less severe, but that would be only a small consolation for Williams. Expect more medical examinations in the days to come which could shed more light on the specifics of the injury.

Whatever the final diagnosis, Williams' injury was a turning point. The Bucs seemingly fell apart afterward, the injury sapping the emotion from the sideline.

"I wouldn't blame the loss on that, but you can't deny it," center Jeff Faine said. "We're all human. It's tough to sit there and watch this guy that came from rehabbing the first (patellar tear) to having something similar happen. And to hear him screaming like that, man, he knew exactly what it was because he's had it before. . . I really can't put into words how bad we're all hurting."
Posted by Stephen Holder at 5:24:03 PM on December 28, 2008
in | Permalink

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Just horrible. Let's just hope it isn't as serious as his previous injury was.

retailguy
12-28-2008, 10:36 PM
What a tragic deal this is. Sad to see a guy who really wants to do it, but can't because his body won't cooperate, vs. someone like Deshawn Wynn who's just lazy...

My hat is off to the guy. HOW AWFUL.

BallHawk
12-28-2008, 10:37 PM
What a tragic deal this is. Sad to see a guy who really wants to do it, but can't because his body won't cooperate, vs. someone like Deshawn Wynn who's just lazy...

No, remember, DeShawn has "hydration problems."

:roll:

channtheman
12-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Yeah this does suck for him. I watched him in college and he really works for and has worked for what he has. Hopefully he can get healthy and come back next year.

As for Wynn, he was jogging on his 73 yard TD run the last 50 yards. He almost showed no effort even on his long run.

Partial
12-29-2008, 12:11 AM
This guy's career started so hot. I love the way he runs. My best.

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Just happy we didn't draft him.