PDA

View Full Version : packers need to start making moves, now

red
12-29-2008, 09:13 AM
a lot of team are starting to fire coaches and their staffs. the frenzy for the top coordinators will begin right away

this isn't a time for TT to sit on his hands like he prefers to do. he needs to get going and find us some top quality coordinators

BallHawk
12-29-2008, 09:14 AM
And let's get some free agents, Ted. Don't sit on your ass all day. I want some good players.

If Albert Haynesworth isn't a Packer by the end of this week.......

red
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
free agency doesn't start for months

coaching free agency i think can start right away

sheepshead
12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm with ya, get your HR guy in your office and get on the phone.

Brohm
12-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Isn't MM in charge of his staff (hiring/firing coordinators)?

Rastak
12-29-2008, 09:27 AM

Yea, he sure is. Every once in a while a GM will force a coordinator or position coach on a head coach, but that's not all that common. The coach puts together his staff. TT can demand he fire someone and if he refuses he can fire MM if he wants, so he certainly does have alot of control over it.

When the GM starts dictating assistants it rarely goes well for the long term relationship between coach and GM.

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
This is just stupid.

The Packers probably are not and should not make any changes at all. If they do anything, it will only be a new special teams coach, and they can take their time if they do that at all.

swede
12-29-2008, 09:35 AM

I assume this is true.

I also assume MM needs to tell TT within a very few days whether he wants to go into battle with these same coaches next year or head out on a talent search after firing at least two coordinators/coaches.

Given the circumstances, I don't see how MM can look his players in the eyes and tell them that this coaching staff deserves to come back without changes.

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 09:46 AM

I assume this is true.

I also assume MM needs to tell TT within a very few days whether he wants to go into battle with these same coaches next year or head out on a talent search after firing at least two coordinators/coaches.

Given the circumstances, I don't see how MM can look his players in the eyes and tell them that this coaching staff deserves to come back without changes.Exactly. Keeping Sanders tells your players, especially on the defense, that your failures to hold 4 quarter leads is acceptable. Same goes for Stock. They both need to be fired and now.

Noodle
12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I agree with Tex that there's no reason to make change just for change sake, but it looks like Crenel is available. I'd say going from Sanders to Crennel would be a serious upgrade.

SkinBasket
12-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not really sure how someone can look at the five games previous to the meh defeat of the Lions and say we're alright on the defensive coaching front. There were questions about Sanders before the season started. Great individual performances - mostly in the backfield - kept our D looking nice in the first half. When Woodson and Collins stopped picking TDs once or twice a game, our less than stellar system was exposed. And exposed. And exposed again. Then again. Then once more.

Oh, and it turns out Bigby and Poppinga do suck, but these days it's hard to field a defense without a couple turds.

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm not really sure how someone can look at the five games previous to the meh defeat of the Lions and say we're alright on the defensive coaching front. There were questions about Sanders before the season started. Great individual performances - mostly in the backfield - kept our D looking nice in the first half. When Woodson and Collins stopped picking TDs once or twice a game, our less than stellar system was exposed. And exposed. And exposed again. Then again. Then once more.

Oh, and it turns out Bigby and Poppinga do suck, but these days it's hard to field a defense without a couple turds.I disagree slightly about Bigby because he couldn't stay healthy. When healty he is not a turd.

SkinBasket
12-29-2008, 10:22 AM
No... he's a turd.

Pugger
12-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I heard MM will give end of the seasn interviews with his assistants on Wednesday so I doubt we'll hear anything about any changes until late this week or next. I sure hope MM makes some changes with ST, DC and OL!!

cpk1994
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
I heard MM will give end of the seasn interviews with his assistants on Wednesday so I doubt we'll hear anything about any changes until late this week or next. I sure hope MM makes some changes with ST, DC and OL!! I agree with you on ST and DC. Stock should be fired for making TT look like an ass over the Ryan release. Sanders should be fired for being a predictable, incompetent boob. I disagree about the OL. Campen did what he could what with having to rotate guys around all the time, plus I have to believe that Favre's unprofessional bush league treatment of him during the Greta interview had to be a distraction.

Lurker64
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Isn't it tampering to negotiate with a player on another team who has at least one game remaining to play this season?

Zool
12-29-2008, 11:45 AM

Isn't it tampering to negotiate with a player on another team who has at least one game remaining to play this season?

Ballhawk forgot to put </sarcasm>

Gunakor
12-29-2008, 12:55 PM

Don't teams have to wait until after the Super Bowl to make new coaching hires?

Iron Mike
12-29-2008, 01:06 PM

Hey, if the Queens can get away with it...... :P

Packnut
12-29-2008, 01:33 PM
This is just stupid.

The Packers probably are not and should not make any changes at all. If they do anything, it will only be a new special teams coach, and they can take their time if they do that at all.

C'mon, fess up-your really a Bears fan are'nt ya??????????????????

Sparkey
12-29-2008, 01:34 PM

I assume this is true.

Given the circumstances, I don't see how MM can look his players in the eyes and tell them that this coaching staff deserves to come back without changes.Exactly. Keeping Sanders tells your players, especially on the defense, that your failures to hold 4 quarter leads is acceptable. Same goes for Stock. They both need to be fired and now.

Keeping Sanders could also mean the scheme is sound, but the production from the players, (especially the front 4) needs to improve.

Noodle
12-29-2008, 01:37 PM
No, Tex is no Bears fan. He is a conservative. In all things -- politics, sports, donkey sex -- Tex believes consistently in the value of constancy.

Packers4Ever
12-29-2008, 01:52 PM
[quote="red"]a lot of team are starting to fire coaches and their staffs. the frenzy for the top coordinators will begin right away

this isn't a time for TT to sit on his hands like he prefers to do. he needs to get going and find us some top quality coordinators[/quote

I'm on TT's side right now but I'm not sure he's searching for quality
'anything' right now. Check back in 6 weeks or so. :roll:

:wink:
[/b]

red
12-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Don't teams have to wait until after the Super Bowl to make new coaching hires?

nope, teams are already on the phone with guys and can conduct interviews with coaches on teams that have a bye week this week

the giants have already given the lions permission to interview Steve Spagnuolo

Bretsky
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
a lot of team are starting to fire coaches and their staffs. the frenzy for the top coordinators will begin right away

this isn't a time for TT to sit on his hands like he prefers to do. he needs to get going and find us some top quality coordinators

this will be a test for MM

He's been apologizing for Vanilla Bob's scheme was too often lately and he likes him as a person

I'm not convinced it's nearly the clear cut call that so many think it is

Bretsky
12-29-2008, 06:15 PM
And let's get some free agents, Ted. Don't sit on your ass all day. I want some good players.

I WISH I could sync the Jim Mora playoffs tirade to TT screaming "Free Agency..................are you kidding me ........ :lol:

I think our record will kind of give TT a push not to take the first few weeks off to let the market set itself

Bretsky
12-29-2008, 06:16 PM
This is just stupid.

We're just fine everywhere

Joemailman
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/hear-see-speak-no-evil1.jpg

red
12-29-2008, 06:45 PM
This is just stupid.

We're just fine everywhere

you know damn well we would have won the super bowl this year if it wasn't for a little bad luck

red
12-29-2008, 06:46 PM
http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/hear-see-speak-no-evil1.jpg

lets see, we got from left to right, m3, tex, and tt

i won't say theres anything wrong

i don't see anything wrong

i don't want to hear anything is wrong