PDA

View Full Version : The Decision Helper

Little Whiskey
04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
This thread is all about helping people make decisions. for example i need help deciding what to have for lunch. my choices are Mickey D's, Subway, Toco bell, or eat from the roach coach. so if any one has any suggestions please help. it is lunch time in my NECK of the woods(like that jack). so hurry up and help a brother out!!

FavreChild
04-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Now, now - food is not a substitute for your other addiction, LW.

:mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
One thing that I can recomend that you not eat, chain pizza. Chain or Franchise pizza joints like to pour household bleach into their pizza sauce to preserve it. I don't know about you guys, but I like my pizza without bleach.

MJZiggy
04-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I'd go for the Subway (did you see Supersize me? I may never eat MickeyD's again!)

Little Whiskey
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
zig i think supersize me was sponsered by a alternative covert fastfood chain. they just wanted to take down the MAN. did you see the guy who ate a couple bigmacs everyday for 30 years? dudes skinny as a rail. kinda like jarred.

nutz, my bro has the same feeling about KFC. he used to deliver the "product" to them. he would come home and tell horror stories about what he saw in the back rooms.

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Love this thread. I'd do Taco Bell, but only if there isn't a Zantigos or Taco John's nearby.

Little Whiskey
04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
well, i am a cheap bastard so i settled for MD's it was a toss up between them and taco bell. when you can eat lunch for 3 bucks you can't beat that especially when you still have your toothfairy money!! besides Zig put me over the edge with the supersize comment. thanks for all your help everyone.

anyone else need help making a decision??

HarveyWallbangers
04-05-2006, 12:54 PM
anyone else need help making a decision??

I usually flip a coin, but maybe I'll come on here instead.

jack's smirking revenge
04-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Harvey, I could make a really sick comment about your coming on here, but I'm going to leave it be.

To be or not to be, that is the question...

tyler

Little Whiskey
04-05-2006, 01:42 PM

remember the show "in living color"? the skit were one of the waynes bros played a drunk bum? one of his was "to pee or not to pee that is the question.....oh look here comes the answer."

Little Whiskey
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
okay i have an expensive decision to make. we are looking at cars. we need a vehicle with more space that gets decent gas milage, but refuse to buy a minivan. I have been looking at the Ford FreeStyle and the Chrysler Pacifica. anybody own one of these and have thoughts one way or another?

jack's smirking revenge
04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
okay i have an expensive decision to make. we are looking at cars. we need a vehicle with more space that gets decent gas milage, but refuse to buy a minivan. I have been looking at the Ford FreeStyle and the Chrysler Pacifica. anybody own one of these and have thoughts one way or another?

Whichever one has enough room for a gunrack. :D

tyler

Little Whiskey
04-12-2006, 03:21 PM
there is always room for a gun rack, Jack. why do you think we need more room?? just bought a few more guns! you never know when one is going to jam on you, you need to be prepared!

Fosco33
04-12-2006, 10:17 PM
I got offered a job from a client I worked for but don't know what to do.

Job A:
Good pay/bene's (better long-term comp)
Well defined career path
Long hours
Lots of travel (80%)
Small, private company with good growth rate (10-20%)

Job B:
Better pay/compensation in short term (1-2 yrs); less vacation time
Undefined career path but they're willing to create a position for me; lots of ways to move laterally/upward in a variety of divisions
Fortune 500 - the division I'm looking at has high growth (20%) and thus higher pressure to succeed
Fortune 100 best companies to work for
No/little travel

For me, both are good options at this point of my career... any advice from folks who've been in similar situations and was the grass really greener on the other side?

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Whiskey, I have no knowledge of either of those vehicles although I've owned a Chrysler before and it was a great car. Never had a Ford.

Fosco, the two big differences I noticed right away was travel. If you are married w/ family that would be tough. I'd say if you are single, go for the best opportunity to move up fast and make the big money while you have the chance. I had a friend that worked for a very large co. she traveled all over the place with very short notice. It was all great and she made tons of money ....until she decided to have a baby. She was dropped faster than a hot iron pot because they knew she could no longer jump when the wanted.

Bretsky
04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Should I go to bed or go watch Skinemax babes ?

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Fosco,

Have you traveled before. I travel every week.

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Fosco,

Do u like that Scott?

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Here is an idea for you Fosco, why work? Go watch Office Space and collect some of our taxes and use that money as your own. I think this country needs a workers revolt. God I hate work so much I want others to quit there jobs.

Little Whiskey, what the hell is the matter with a minivan? What the fuck is your problem? I bought a minivan and it was the best decision of my life, I got space for all the kids, and the dogs. I didn't have the money to get a full sized four door truck, but a minivan is the next best thing. Those two automobiles that you mentioned don't actually give you anymore room, or seating. Your better off getting a full size car like a taurus or something.

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I could go on and on and on about mini vans in that rant thread wherever it is! I understand they are practical but they are ALWAYS in the way!!

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Its not the goddamn minivan's fault it is the god damn shitty fucking drivers trying to feed their kids, talk on the fucking cell phone, and read their USWeekly all while trying to driving a fucking automobile.

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Fosco,

Do u like that Scott?

I hate being gone. I hate leaving for the airport.

I love going different places every day. I love not being at the corporate headquarters. I don't come home from work like most people - I return from a trip. There's a noticeable difference.

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Travel is great when you don't have a family. It is the most fantastical thing in the world when you have a family, because you don't have to see them for like a week at a time. Freedom is what I like to call it.

Iron Mike
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM

remember the show "in living color"? the skit were one of the waynes bros played a drunk bum? one of his was "to pee or not to pee that is the question.....oh look here comes the answer."

Homey don't play that.....
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/news/apr03/images/daily/68.jpg

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Its not the goddamn minivan's fault it is the god damn shitty fucking drivers trying to feed their kids, talk on the fucking cell phone, and read their USWeekly all while trying to driving a fucking automobile.

LOL.....I heard you after the first rant Nutz!! :razz: You are right in what you posted to an extent I suppose. There are just so many of them out there right now and I hate not being able to see past the vehicle in front of me. .....that's only part of it though. I HATE to be posting this but am being honest....when I get the most ticked off at them are before and after school and sporting events and unfortunately women are generally driving them. Throw in a cell phone and you are just asking for road rage.....lol

(oh sure, u edited my dig before I could post :razz: )

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 11:20 PM
What I can't stand are the gas chugging SUVs. I mean what the fuck do people in California or Arizona need an SUV with 4 wheel drive? Now you think a minivan is bad, try seeing around a fucking Escalade or Navigator? What a god damn waste.

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
What I can't stand are the gas chugging SUVs. I mean what the fuck do people in California or Arizona need an SUV with 4 wheel drive?

But I really, really want one for my next vehicle! It snows here, I can justify. :razz:

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I want to make sure I get my fair share of the gas before we run out.

Deputy Nutz
04-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Well gas must not be 2.89 a gallon in Iowa.

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 11:25 PM
What I can't stand are the gas chugging SUVs. I mean what the fuck do people in California or Arizona need an SUV with 4 wheel drive?

But I really, really want one for my next vehicle! It snows here, I can justify. :razz:

It's all about the tires. And I've got two 4 wheel drive vehicles.

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
What I can't stand are the gas chugging SUVs. I mean what the fuck do people in California or Arizona need an SUV with 4 wheel drive? Now you think a minivan is bad, try seeing around a fucking Escalade or Navigator? What a god damn waste.

Lots of Californians drive up into the mountains on the weekends, and they get lots of snow there. I lived there for 3 years.

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Fosco,

Do u like that Scott?

I hate being gone. I hate leaving for the airport.

I love going different places every day. I love not being at the corporate headquarters. I don't come home from work like most people - I return from a trip. There's a noticeable difference.

I only have to go out of town 1 or 2 weeks a year with my job. It's obviously different for a woman I think. The first day or two you are gone you are in the panic mode thinking there is no way the kids will survive without you. By the third day you are like, hey, can I sign up for another week!

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM

About 2.70 right now. But I just want one. I want the extra room and they are much more sporty than a minivan. :razz:

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 11:36 PM

About 2.70 right now. But I just want one. I want the extra room and they are much more sporty than a minivan. :razz:

Hey now.......I'm sure Nutz is a chick magnet in his minivan.

:razz:

I think were about 2.30 in UT right now.

GrnBay007
04-12-2006, 11:48 PM

Hey now.......I'm sure Nutz is a chick magnet in his minivan.

I think were about 2.30 in UT right now.

hehe,,,,,notice the rant about the minivan? I think they do have a complex. :wink:

Fosco33
04-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Fosco,

Job A is my current job - I fly every Monday and Thursday/Friday. It's not that big a deal but I'm spending what most people would pay in a mortgage in an apt that I use 3/4 nights a week :smile:

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 12:48 AM
I big FY to anybody who doesn't like SUVs--like the one I drive. I'd have one even if I lived in Cali or Zona.

Scott Campbell
04-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Fosco,

Job A is my current job - I fly every Monday and Thursday/Friday. It's not that big a deal but I'm spending what most people would pay in a mortgage in an apt that I use 3/4 nights a week :smile:

Well you know the drill then.

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm drunk. Should I go to bed or not? Should I call my work tomorrow to see if I can work from home or not?

My precious wife and my precious baby went out of town for a funeral for a family friend of my wifes, so Daddy hooked up with the fellas. I even bought a twelve pack on Tuesday night--which was the first beer I've had in my fridge since the baby was born over two months ago.

GrnBay007
04-13-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm drunk. Should I go to bed or not? Should I call my work tomorrow to see if I can work from home or not?

My precious wife and my precious baby went out of town for a funeral for a family friend of my wifes, so Daddy hooked up with the fellas. I even bought a twelve pack on Tuesday night--which was the first beer I've had in my fridge since the baby was born over two months ago.

At this point might as well go all out and call work that you won't be in at all....enjoy the night and sleep in ....hell it's Friday! lol

GrnBay007
04-13-2006, 01:36 AM
ooops, Thursday....lol Confused since I'm taking Fri off. :D

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Good night, 007. I haven't had a beer in 90 minutes, and I'm getting a headache (dehydration). Have to take some aspirin and hit the rack.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 08:35 AM
remember this is the decision helper thread, NOT the RANT THREAD!!! so the minivan/suv debates need to go to the other one :mrgreen:

I don't want a minivan because of the stereotypes, and they just don't look that cool. you know how you make promises to yourself, well i decided a long time ago i would never own a minivan. i intend on keeping that promise.

Nutz(i believe) there is more room in the pacifica/freestyle than a full size car. those crossover(i guess that's what they are calling them) have a third row of seating. so you can confortably fit 4 adults and two kids. these are definatly the vehicle for people (like me) who don't want the minivan but need the room and don't want 14 mpg.

fosco, I agree with (whichever chick it was)said that it depends on your family situation. do you have one, are you planning on one in the near future? I was in a similar situation. I was offered a promotion within my same company but it would require much more travel. currently my only travel is the 2 hr drive everyday. this new position was 2-3 nights a week. family is most important. that is why i had such arguments with the "What would lombardi do" guy at JSO. Lombardi was a horrible father since he put his family dead last on his priority list.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 08:38 AM
i'm guessing harv has already made his decision and the only help he might need is dragging his ass out of bed!

HARV!!! WAKE UP AND PISS THE WORLDS ON FIRE!!!!

Deputy Nutz
04-13-2006, 09:16 AM
When we went to Arizona two years ago we were offered a pontiac whatever SUV, sort of like the Pacifica and there was no fucking way that we could fit 4 adults and a car seat. Then we tried to fit our suitcases in the hatch/truck and my dad nearly busted his guts laughing at the small compartment.

We had to get a minivan.

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 09:35 AM
Ok, here is my two cents on SUV shopping. Prior to getting my Pathfinder last year, I had an Xterra. Loved it. Only problem was they don't come with leather seats and if anyone here owns a shedding dog, you'll see where my problem was with cloth seats.

Anyhow, I did alot of test driving on SUV's and the one I felt the most comfortable driving/handling was the Nissan Pathfinder. Believe it or not, it gets better gas mileage than the Xterra. Nissan did a complete overhaul on their body styles last year, so that was a definite plus.

The Pathfinder's 2nd and 3rd row seats both fold flush into the floor, which is ideal if you ever need the space...or in my case, the two dogs have their play area when we go up north! AND it has leather seats...easy to clean :) oh yeah and in WI winters, those seat warmers are very nice to have!

Other SUV's that I test drove that I really liked as well was the Acura MDX and the Lincoln Aviator. Both were a little more than I wanted to spend though and unfortunetely, are not mass produced where you could get a really good deal on a used one.

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Does anyone else think that some SUV's are starting to look more like minivans than SUV's?

The new midsize Cadillac SUV and the new Dodge Durango look more like minivans than SUV's.

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't want a minivan because of the stereotypes, and they just don't look that cool.

BINGO!

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 09:54 AM
i'm guessing harv has already made his decision and the only help he might need is dragging his ass out of bed!

I decided to hit the rack right away, and I decided to work from home today. It's a card I can't play a lot, but it's nice to have in my back pocket.

Deputy Nutz
04-13-2006, 10:30 AM
I guess some are not secure in their sexuality. I know I am a man, regardless if I drive the brown bomber or not.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 11:07 AM
sorry GBM, another of my insistants is that it must not be a "foreign" car. guess it is just my redneck showing thru but i refuse to own a car that does not have a american made nameplate on the front. I realize that most of the big three are made over seas and most toyota's are mfg here.

Nutz, its not a matter of manhood, but of opinion. why eat cake when you can have pie.

Deputy Nutz
04-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Go get one of those new dodge station wagons

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
now don't going getting your panties all in a bunch, nutz.

by the way they are not station wagons, they are called crossover vehicles.

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 12:43 PM
sorry GBM, another of my insistants is that it must not be a "foreign" car. guess it is just my redneck showing thru but i refuse to own a car that does not have a american made nameplate on the front. I realize that most of the big three are made over seas and most toyota's are mfg here.

Nutz, its not a matter of manhood, but of opinion. why eat cake when you can have pie.

Whiskey - are there any vehicles that are truly 100% american made? Where do you think the parts come from on "american" vehicles? My Nissan is just as american as Ford. It was assembled in Tennessee.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
GBM wrote: are there any vehicles that are truly 100% american made? Where do you think the parts come from on "american" vehicles? My Nissan is just as american as Ford. It was assembled in Tennessee.

i know that but where are they headquartered? What country does the money go back to? Which company make me feel like a better american? I guess it has more to do with the last question. I Just can't feel good about putting my NRA and Nascar bumper stickers on a Honda.

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 01:41 PM
My Nissan is just as american as Ford.

Is that really true, or do they say that to make you feel better about buying it. I think it's a good point that the company is HQ'd in Japan, so a lot of the money is going back there for the peripherals of the company.

Harlan Huckleby
04-13-2006, 02:32 PM
money goes to stock holders. Plenty of Amercian stockholders of Honda. Plenty of Brazillian and Saudia stockholders too.

Deputy Nutz
04-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Mazda and Jaguar are both owned by ford.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
my gun rack and coonskin tail won't fit on a mazda, maybe on a jag, but a little out of my price range.

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 03:49 PM
money goes to stock holders. Plenty of Amercian stockholders of Honda. Plenty of Brazillian and Saudia stockholders too.

If a company makes money it is often siphoned into other parts of the business (in this case a part of the business that is not related to assembling of the cars). Where does a majority of this money go at Ford and at Nissan? For instance, does it go back to research & development and is that research & development HQ's in America or Japan? I'm not sure the answer, but it's not as easy as saying Nissan helps American workers and the economy as much as Ford--just because the cars are assembled here.

Imagine that: Nissans are assembled here. You know what that's called, right? That's called in-sourcing and that's the other side of the whole out-sourcing scare. This country in-source as much as we out-source. Or, at least, we did when I researched it in two years ago.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 03:58 PM
in other words "BUY AMERICAN" when possible

jack's smirking revenge
04-13-2006, 04:31 PM
Some interesting "who owns who" chatter in this blog... The lines are so blurred. American doesn't even really mean "American" anymore.

http://carscarscars.blogs.com/index/2004/03/who_owns_who.html

tyler

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 09:29 PM

If a company makes money it is often siphoned into other parts of the business (in this case a part of the business that is not related to assembling of the cars). Where does a majority of this money go at Ford and at Nissan? For instance, does it go back to research & development and is that research & development HQ's in America or Japan? I'm not sure the answer, but it's not as easy as saying Nissan helps American workers and the economy as much as Ford--just because the cars are assembled here.

Imagine that: Nissans are assembled here. You know what that's called, right? That's called in-sourcing and that's the other side of the whole out-sourcing scare. This country in-source as much as we out-source. Or, at least, we did when I researched it in two years ago.

I didn't think Ford puts any money into researching anything. Except how to put together that next recall letter.

Ok, yes that was some sarcasm on my part. I have actually owned Fords all my life until my last two were complete pieces of crap. Plus, I wanted something that wasn't mass produced and didn't depreciate 50% after you owned it for a year. Besides, Nissans just look way cooler than Fords. :razz:

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Question for you guys: As the coined term "buy american" doesn't have the same meaning to it as it did years ago - do you buy from companies that outsource? I understand it's hard to avoid them completely, but well...how many here have a Dell computer??

Crap like that can be avoided :wink:

K-town
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I wonder how far a vehicle with a "Buy American" bumper sticker could move if all the foreign parts were removed? Yeah, and that includes Harley Davidson motorcycles, too.
I'm thinking without electronic components manufactured in Asia, and alloys in the aluminum and steel from South America, petroleum based products from the Middle East, etc., your average all-American Harley or Durango or Navigator would be large, expensive paperweights.
Just a thought.

Deputy Nutz
04-14-2006, 09:55 AM
I am on Easter Break all next week and I promised my wife that I would get the house in order and do the babies nursery, but I really want to go play an expensive round of golf one day, and then one or two more rounds some where else? How am I going to get away with this.

jack's smirking revenge
04-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Clone yourself. Contact Michael Keaton. I think he figured out how to make that work.

tyler

Little Whiskey
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
nutz this is what you have to do. listen very carefully, if you want this to work out you must follow these instructions exactly.

first of all your wife must leave, make her go to work or shopping or somthing. second get your tools out, (uuuhhh not that tool nutz, the other ones). place them in the room you are going to be spread them out like you have been working all day. maybe even start a little something. then leave and go golf. make sure you are home before she is, then simply pick up were you left off. if questioned simply state that you ran into some difficulty and had to get more supplies. fool proof!

Tarlam!
04-14-2006, 10:21 AM
LW is almost spot on! There is one step he forgot to do. That is, call your bank, and reduce your wife's credit card limit to $150 dollars a day....Then, on Monday, undo the damage....

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Sweet! Believe me. I've used that before, but I've been unable to get out golfing in those moments. Usually 3/4 of the day is spent on this site.
:D

GrnBay007
04-16-2006, 10:38 PM
nutz this is what you have to do. listen very carefully, if you want this to work out you must follow these instructions exactly.

first of all your wife must leave, make her go to work or shopping or somthing. second get your tools out, (uuuhhh not that tool nutz, the other ones). place them in the room you are going to be spread them out like you have been working all day. maybe even start a little something. then leave and go golf. make sure you are home before she is, then simply pick up were you left off. if questioned simply state that you ran into some difficulty and had to get more supplies. fool proof!

Your wife would definetly believe this one......all women know that men cannot complete ONE project without MULTIPLE trips to the hardware store!! :razz: golf your heart out!

MJZiggy
04-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I'd take a shot with you 007, but I can't do it either. I just curse louder all the way there and back.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Fosco, how's your decision going? On the road or on the beach? Oh yeah, is there any beach time on the travel job?

K-town
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM

Your wife would definetly believe this one......all women know that men cannot complete ONE project without MULTIPLE trips to the hardware store!! :razz: golf your heart out!

When you're actually working on a project, and not golfing, here's my rule: If you can get the project done with less than 4 trips to Menards/Home Depot/Lowes, then it's considered a success. Unless it involves plumbing. In which case, 6 trips or less is a success.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
We learned after an unfortunate plumbing repair on the 4th of July last year that a plumber is always our best bet.

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Fosco, how's your decision going? On the road or on the beach? Oh yeah, is there any beach time on the travel job?

Still pending - the position won't start until sometime after May (fiscal budgeting). I've been on the beach for a few weeks now - love getting paid to sit here and do nothing.

I'm going to Kansas City starting next week for like a month long assessment. Anyone been to KC (places to go, things to do, etc)?

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Hubby hated the beach. Workaholics and beach don't mix.

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Hubby hated the beach. Workaholics and beach don't mix.

True that - there's only so many books I feel like reading and daytime TV is terrible (except for Discovery channel). I like having too much to do or nothing to do - having a little bit of work makes the day take forever :smile:

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 09:53 AM
dp

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 09:54 AM
fosco, i've got a buddy that lives in KC, kansas (i assume you mean kansas, not MO) i'll dig up some places for you to hang out while your down there.

has nutz checked in since he needed help on his golf decision

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 09:56 AM
I think he's still on the golf course... :cool:

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
I need help with my decision

Should I hang out on the forum or watch some skinemax gallovin action tonight ?

Cheers,
B

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2006, 10:59 PM
both: upload some clips

GrnBay007
04-21-2006, 11:00 PM

Cheers,
B

cold shower and go to bed! :razz:

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 11:08 PM

Cheers,
B

cold shower and go to bed! :razz:

Cold Shower; then I could yell like George Costanza when he screamed "I was just in the pool" !

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 03:06 PM
I need a new car and want something little, 2-door and manual. Anyone got anything like that they would recommend?

Little Whiskey
04-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I need a new car and want something little, 2-door and manual. Anyone got anything like that they would recommend?

corvette, mustang, viper? of course their not neccesarily little and neither is their price tag, but a blast to drive

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 06:34 PM
It should have 2 doors, but needs a backseat, which eliminates the vette, miata, prelude and a host of other fun toys. My next car could be a 2-seater, but this one can't yet.

The Mustang's intriguing, but not so little. Kinda sucks gas too, which is another reason I'm wanting a little thing. Gas prices are above $3 here again.

Deputy Nutz
04-23-2006, 07:19 PM
I think he's still on the golf course... :cool:

well I got two rounds of golf in this week, and the amazing part is that my wife knew about both trips to the links. I went out to Madison with my wife on Monday and shot an average round at University Ridge. It is a very, very nice course, especially for the price. I am about an 18 handicap and I was able to play the course without getting frustrated and I only lost 2 balls.

Then on Friday, I played 18 holes at the Broadlands in North Prairie and I have to say that I truly love that course. Granted, it plays much different in April than in July, but I love getting rewarded for hitting good shots.

Overall my putting was fantastic on Monday and saved me plenty of shots. On Friday my ball striking was out of this world, but my putting failed me miserably, in fact if I had played just decent on and around the greens I would have shot under 80, instead I shot an 89 with a 41 on the back nine.

MJZiggy
04-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Very nice, but is the Toyota Matrix the same thing as a Pontiac Vibe? Should I buy a Civic now or save like a tightwad and spring for a used Acura several months from now? Is it worth the wait? I'm trying to think if there are any good little GM cars out there. Any opinion?

potsdam_11
04-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Ziggy,

If you have a VW dealer near you, take a serious look at a Jetta, a little pricier than Honda, but the TDI diesel is a great ride. Plenty of giddy up and 45 mpg. Don't let the Diesel engine scare you, very-very reliable.. 5 star safety rated all the way around... We've had ours for 3 years and will replace with another..

I usually have to pry my wife's hands off the wheel if I want to drive it... oh, yeah... It's really fun to drive too..

MJZiggy
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Is it manual?

potsdam_11
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Aren't all real cars? :D

That would be a yes, I created a monster years ago when I taught her how to drive a stick...

MJZiggy
04-23-2006, 09:20 PM
I'll have to go drive one. I hope there's a market for used models. Does it have the engine sound you normally associate with a diesel?

potsdam_11
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Not really, at least not your prototypical diesel sound. The VW is a 4 cylinder it's been around for years.

VW does have a great certified used program, when we bought ours they gave us a new warranty. (1 model yr old car.. only 8200 mi.)

If you have been driving the Japanese cars you will notice that the Germans prefer torque... it's a good thing.

The Jetta comes in 4 engine types, 1 diesel, 3 gas, the newest engine is a 5 cylinder. You'll find more gas engines, but if you can nab a diesel...don't hesitate..

Do yourself a favor and drive one... you'll like it. Up here (Duluth) the TDI is very popular.

MJZiggy
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
I'll check it out. Yes, torque is a good thing. So is cheaper gas!

MJZiggy
04-23-2006, 10:56 PM
I just looked it up and around here, there is exactly 1 diesel Jetta for sale and it's out of my price range. I'd have to be a huge tightwad for the whole summer and it would be gone by the time I could afford it. :neutral: I ran it in a search with the Toyota Matrix and Pontiac Vibe which, as far as I know, are the same as each other. Vibes are more rare than I expected and there are lots of Matrixes out there. My dream car is still a Mini Cooper.

potsdam_11
04-24-2006, 12:10 AM
On the other hand, if you were a HUGE tightwad for the whole summer, the chances are pretty good there would be another one for sale by then.. and at 45 MPG just think of all the money you wouldn't be spending on gas in the following years..... :D ... and they tend to hold their value better than most.. Keep shopping.... where is "here" btw?

Mini Cooper? .... Sweet :cool:

You could park under the Hummers..... :D

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 07:12 AM
I'm on the east coast. Where (like the west coast) everything's expensive.

potsdam_11
04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I guess you should try the third coast.... :D Actually the demand for the Jettas is pretty high here too.... I guess everyone is tired of the cost of gas.

Made my first East Coast visit last year... Newport. RI. impressive, I will go back.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I like it.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
zig, a couple good used (and new) car websites are autotrader.com and carsoup.com -

Car dealers know that more and more people are price shopping with the internet. Therefore, they are more than likely going to put their best price online to draw interest. Where as, if you go to the lot, that car might be $3,000 more than their website.

By the way, my brother has been driving Acura's for years now and he swears by them. He left his MDX at my house last month as they flew out of GB for vacation. Of course little sis had to take it out for a ride.... dayum that thing was sweet. I love the little camera that turns on when you're backing up, too :)

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I wasn't considering anything so big as an MDX, but if I get the little RSX you can visit and zoom around with me. Thanks for carsoup. I was looking at autotrader and cars.com as well as craigslist. I'm also considering the Mazda3 and I now have to try the Jetta Diesel that potsdam11 suggested. I e-mailed a dealership looking for safety information on rear end collisions with mini-coopers and haven't heard back...I wonder what that means.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:40 PM
They might have thought it was a joke?

Tyrone Bigguns
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
I would highly recommend, if you have the cash, going to an auction. Prices are very good.

BTW, the diesel Jetta is a great car. They drive great and think about the gas savings over a year.

When purchasing a vehicle you have to look at the TCO, not just initial price. For me, former owner of euro cars, i couldn't get past the high reliability/quality/customer satisfaction, etc. that my IS 300 offered.

I know it isn't as great as a beemer, but i weep openly, like a child when I think about the constant nagging problems and mechanics fees that I endured.

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 03:20 PM
since zig sent out the reminder, i need help on what to get the wife for mothers day. my son is 1 so it's pretty much on me. come on moms give me some suggestions!! i hate it that mother's day comes before fathers day. her b-day also comes befor mine. so i always have to go first!

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
What kinds of things does she like? He could get her things like a good housecleaning by a maid service so she doesn't have to worry about it, a framed picture of her with the people she loves most (that would be you and the baby, I'd hope), I would have loved to get a bike trailer or toddler seat...depends what you want to set because this year's important. It sets the tone and budget for years to come. A nice one is to get one of those stepping stone kits from the craft store or some plaster and make a cast of his hand or foot. Or you could arrange for a babysitter and send her to get a spa treatment. It would be interesting to hear the things you come up with.

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
last year (which was her first) we went out to dinner and i wrote her a note from the two of us, i signed it with his hand print. it is still hangin on the ref., the question is though how do i top that. she is pretty sentimental. so that is the delema. she like jewlery, but i hate picking that out, cause you can spend big bucks and come home with something she just doesn't like.

the spa sounds like a good idea. i liked that one.

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 03:54 PM
It would be hard to miss with things that either make her life easier (no, a new vacuum would be a deathwish), allow her to follow her hobbies, or encourage you all to spend time together doing things she likes.

Deputy Nutz
05-10-2006, 04:06 PM
since zig sent out the reminder, i need help on what to get the wife for mothers day. my son is 1 so it's pretty much on me. come on moms give me some suggestions!! i hate it that mother's day comes before fathers day. her b-day also comes befor mine. so i always have to go first!

I say get her something she can use, like a blender or a nice Dyson Vacum.

Those are gifts that keep giving!

MJZiggy
05-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Read the part where I said that a vacuum was a deathwish. I meant your death 'cause she will kill you--and I know she can take you.

LW, they make some lovely jewelry pieces with mom and kid. Charm bracelets, etc. Then when she sees them she's reminded of how much she's loved and wants to give some lovin' in return...

Guiness
05-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Read the part where I said that a vacuum was a deathwish. I meant your death 'cause she will kill you--and I know she can take you.

LW, they make some lovely jewelry pieces with mom and kid. Charm bracelets, etc. Then when she sees them she's reminded of how much she's loved and wants to give some lovin' in return...

I'll take that one further - nothing with a cord. Women don't consider things that need to be plugged in gifts.

Why do I get the feeling Nutz is already typing up a response pointing out great battery powered implements before I even hit 'submit'? :wink:

Scott Campbell
05-10-2006, 05:59 PM
How bout some tastefully done Packer memorabelia?

:lol:

MadtownPacker
05-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I think Bretsky should buy his wife a bowling with his name on it like Homer Simpson did. It will increase his odds of having a boy by 20%.

MJZiggy
06-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Back to cars, drove the Acura RSX today and that thing is saawweeeeet.

FavreChild
06-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Love Acuras - any model.

We need to help someone with a new decision.

The only decision I need to make is when can I get outta here (the office) and have a drink? I don't need help with that, though.

:cool:

Little Whiskey
06-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Love Acuras - any model.

The only decision I need to make is when can I get outta here (the office) and have a drink? I don't need help with that, though.

okay, last word on cars. zig, buy american. nuff said.

007, tell your boss you have an emergecy appointment with your #1 client and need to be there asap. that gets you out of the office and into the tavy! just make sure you don't stop for a drink at the bar next to work. it would blow your cover.

here is my decision. my sister is comming to town this weekend for a frolic thru wine country, over here. so we will be going to the 6 wineries near our home. I need help looking like a wine snob. My wife is the wino in the family. and knows the differences between them. I don't. I'm the beer drinker. so how do i talk to these wine dudes and not look like an idot, who is just there for a free buzz. so i guess my decision is; look like an idiot free loader who doesn't know red from white, or talk like i know something about what i am drinking. any help

GrnBay007
06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Love Acuras - any model.

Here's one for ya. I've been on vacation all week. Should I return to work on Monday or not?

MJZiggy
06-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Love Acuras - any model.

okay, last word on cars. zig, buy american. nuff said.

007, tell your boss you have an emergecy appointment with your #1 client and need to be there asap. that gets you out of the office and into the tavy! just make sure you don't stop for a drink at the bar next to work. it would blow your cover.

here is my decision. my sister is comming to town this weekend for a frolic thru wine country, over here. so we will be going to the 6 wineries near our home. I need help looking like a wine snob. My wife is the wino in the family. and knows the differences between them. I don't. I'm the beer drinker. so how do i talk to these wine dudes and not look like an idot, who is just there for a free buzz. so i guess my decision is; look like an idiot free loader who doesn't know red from white, or talk like i know something about what i am drinking. any help

As the bartender is pouring each wine, ask him to explain to you what each one has to offer. He will basically tell you what you need to say.

FavreChild
06-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Here's one for ya. I've been on vacation all week. Should I return to work on Monday or not?

Better show up, before they realize they can live w/out you.

You can skip Tuesday, though.

GrnBay007
06-02-2006, 03:55 PM

Ummm.....an "emergency" appointment with my #1 "client" would mean big trouble......lol
....and I would never step foot in the bar across the street from where I work....it's in the not so nice part of town. ....but thanks anyway! :razz:

FavreChild
06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
LW - along with ziggy's suggestion, all you need to do is ask the other participants some really generic questions. "How does this one compare to the last one?" "What might this wine go with?"

Keeps THEM talking, while also making you look social and participatory.

Before long, you will be loosened up and not care too much how you look anyway. Especially if you do not ordinarily drink wine.

GrnBay007
06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Better show up, before they realize they can live w/out you.

You can skip Tuesday, though.

Oh, they know that.....there are vultures all over the place.

Does anyone else experience this...... you take a week off work. It takes till about Monday afternoon/evening before you start to feel relaxed. Then comes Thur. morning and you are counting the hours you have left and feeling stressed about your return.
Something is really wrong with that!!

CaptainKickass
06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
007 - It's a uniquely human condition. It stems from something that only we humans have had beaten into our psyche. It's called "responsibility".

Whenever you take a week off you really only get like 4 days.

It's kind of like if you make $20 per hr. You figure that you get $800.00 a week, for a 40 hr work week.

Now factor the time it takes you to get ready in the morning, the commute to and from work, the time it takes you to wind down from the day. Lets say that's another 2hrs per day. (Time " job maintenence")

Then you factor in gas, coffee, lunch everyday and any other daily expenses you incurr that you must spend to maintain your job. Figure about $20.00 a day.(Money "job maintenence)

After taxes you probably only make $670.00 a week. You spend $100.00/week in "job maintenence" - now you're down to $570.00

So you've worked the 40 hr week but you have to add the 2hrs/day in "job maintenence" so your total investment in the job is 50 hours.

Now do the math - $570.00 divided by 50 hrs = your "actual" hourly rate. In this case a $20.00/hr job actually nets you a whopping $11.40/hr.

Depressing isn't it?

FavreChild
06-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Must you deal in reality, Cap'n?? :wink:

Is the cost of stress relievers (think weekend warrior-like) figured into job maintenance? I'd say it's a factor...

GrnBay007
06-03-2006, 12:38 AM
It's kind of like if you make $20 per hr. You figure that you get $800.00 a week, for a 40 hr work week.

Now factor the time it takes you to get ready in the morning, the commute to and from work, the time it takes you to wind down from the day. Lets say that's another 2hrs per day. (Time " job maintenence")

Then you factor in gas, coffee, lunch everyday and any other daily expenses you incurr that you must spend to maintain your job. Figure about $20.00 a day.(Money "job maintenence)

After taxes you probably only make $670.00 a week. You spend $100.00/week in "job maintenence" - now you're down to $570.00

So you've worked the 40 hr week but you have to add the 2hrs/day in "job maintenence" so your total investment in the job is 50 hours.

Now do the math - $570.00 divided by 50 hrs = your "actual" hourly rate. In this case a $20.00/hr job actually nets you a whopping $11.40/hr.

Depressing isn't it?

Ugh!!! That settles it.....I ain't goin back!!!

Little Whiskey
06-04-2006, 09:08 PM
thanks for all the advice. the weekend went very well. drank and bought a bunch of wine.

GBRulz
06-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Next thing to you know, Whiskey will be telling us about this trip he has planned with his whino buddies headed for Napa Valley. to the disappointment of his Nascar buddies, of course!

CaptainKickass
06-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Sorry 'bout the dose of reality FC, I have to think for a living and sometimes it carries over to the posting.

And 007 - didja make it back to work?

GrnBay007
06-05-2006, 09:22 PM
And 007 - didja make it back to work?

Yeah, yeah.....I wimped out and went back to work....lol

It was a rough day at work too....then had a flat tire on one of the busiest streets in my city at 5pm with all the work traffic.

Good day :mad:

....but thanks for asking. :cool:

Little Whiskey
06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
did you stop over at FC's bar for a couple stress releavers?

GrnBay007
06-06-2006, 08:17 AM
did you stop over at FC's bar for a couple stress releavers?

I should have!! I missed my lil buddy hitting a triple at his ball game because of that stupid tire.

Little Whiskey
06-06-2006, 09:20 AM
I should have!! I missed my lil buddy hitting a triple at his ball game because of that stupid tire.

too bad you arn't a nascar fan. if you were you would have known how to change that flat tire and fill up with gas in under 14 seconds. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
06-06-2006, 09:55 PM
that would mean she has to carry around a redneck pit crew around with her :wink:

GrnBay007
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
that would mean she has to carry around a redneck pit crew around with her :wink:

lol the redneck pit crew would have been more helpful than my ex.

Iron Mike
06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
thanks for all the advice. the weekend went very well. drank and bought a bunch of wine.

Here's a little hint for the next winery visit--the diference between "sweet" and "fruity".

The taste buds on your tongue register the difference for you, and here's how:

--your taste buds register sweet on the tip and along the center. You can test it by holding your nose and putting sweet wine in your mouth--you'll taste it on the tip and center of your tongue. With practice, you'll be able to judge the sweetness (or conversely, dryness) of a wine.

--your taste buds register sour (such as acids that are in fruit) along the sides of your tongue. Again, you can test this by holding your nose and putting some fruity wine in your mouth--you'll taste it along the sides of your tongue. With practice you'll be able to judge whether fruit flavors are added to certain wines.

Then when you go to sample wines, you'll be able to comment--"I'm getting an aftertaste of some stone fruit in there......... " and the wine steward will answer "Yes, there are overtones of (peach, mango, etc) in that wine. Very good, sir." :cool: And everyone will be suitably impressed.

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 07:14 AM
But do I get to watch him stand at the bar holding his nose while drinking his wine as he figures it out? :razz:

GBRulz
06-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Today I find out the results of tests as to whether or not my dog has Addison's Disease. If I've been kind of out of it the last few days, it's because I've been a nervous wreck trying to find out what is wrong with my dog. She has been to the vet the past 3 days running so many tests.

Basically she hasn't been eating for over a week and just lays around. That is NOT my dog!!

www.addisondogs.com

Pray that this is what my Limbo has because it is treatable with ongoing treatments of cortisone. If the Addison's test comes back negative than I know what I need to do. Basically right now it's been narrowed down to two things. Addison's Disease or intestinal cancer.

I'm not thrilled about having to give my dog 7 pills a day for the rest of her life, but if that means she can live a happy life without any side effects, I'm willing to do it. I will be getting the results back today sometime.

I know to some, it's just a dog, but my dog is my "kid". both of them, even though one is only 6 months old!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/IMG_0141.jpg
Limbo Age 4-1/2

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/IMG_0249.jpg

Little Whiskey
06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
gbm, can she hunt? how is she a bringing back downed ducks?? :mrgreen: I hope all goes well for your dog, and you don't have to use this thread to make THAT decision!!

Zig, i will be attempting the nose holding wine sipping experement tonight. are you commin for dinner. i think i cook some of the Salmon on the grill that i caught last weekend. or maybe a nice steak. damn i getting hungry now. maybe that is the next decision i need help with steak or salmon??

thanks for the advice mike. now i know i can impress those wine snobs. (actually the wineries we go to are not snobby at all. very down to earth and actually like talking to people who don't know wine)

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I have a nice, fast, easy recipe for the salmon if you're interested.

Little Whiskey
06-07-2006, 02:15 PM
ya, post that baby!! either here or in the fine dinning thread! i'm always looking for something new to try. I just had the Chicken Vino Bianco on monday. pretty darn good.

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Put 1/2 stick butter and 2 tbl. minced chervil parsley OR dill in a roasting pan just large enough for the salmon and put in the oven. Heat about 5 min. until butter melts and herbs sizzle.

Add salmon skin side up. Roast 4 minutes. Take out of oven and peel the skin off (if the skin doesn't lift right off, return to oven 2 more minutes.) Sprinkle with salt & pepper and turn salmon over. Sprinkle with S&P again.

Roast 3-5 minutes more depending on thickness how done you like it. Cut into serving portions and spoon a litltle of the butter over the fish. Garnish with more herb and optional lemon wedges. I love it and I'm no fan of salmon.

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I love salmon, I like to wrap it around a my bob, and stroke it until it is tender. Makes it feels like you have been some where, it also gives you that nice smell.

Little Whiskey
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
dp

Little Whiskey
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
thanks zig, i'll give it a try.

got anything for venison :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Anytime. :cool:

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Who likes Venison? I do I do, I just haven't found a way to eat it that it doesn't dry out on me.

Maybe I don't use enough butter.

GBRulz
06-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Whiskey, she doesn't hunt, but she can fetch tennis balls :wink:

anyhow, got the test results back and they were as good as could be expected. She does have Addison's Disease, but it's treatable. She will have to take pills twice daily for the rest of her life, but she is responding to the treatment well already, no allergic reactions or anything. Most dogs with Addison's can lead a happy, normal life, they just need their cortisone treatments.

I can breath a sigh of relief that I know what was wrong with her at least.

MJZiggy
06-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Congratulations on best case scenario. Welcome to the world of medicated dogs.

MJZiggy
03-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Ok, here's a new one: I lead a literacy group in the elementary school. I have to decide in the next couple days if I wanna work with K, 1st or 2nd graders next session. I could get a better discussion out of the 2nd graders, I've been working with 1st and 2nd, but we've never tried this with the kindergarteners before. And as some of you know, kindergarteners are exceptionally cute people. What would you do? Why?

oregonpackfan
03-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Ok, here's a new one: I lead a literacy group in the elementary school. I have to decide in the next couple days if I wanna work with K, 1st or 2nd graders next session. I could get a better discussion out of the 2nd graders, I've been working with 1st and 2nd, but we've never tried this with the kindergarteners before. And as some of you know, kindergarteners are exceptionally cute people. What would you do? Why?

MJZiggy,

In leading a literacy group, with kindergartners, you will be focusing primarily on decoding or word recognition skills. The same will be true with most first graders. You may get into other elements like character development, setting, style, plot, prediction, etc. but most of those areas will be developmentally over their heads.

While most second graders will still be developing their decoding skills, they are more cognitively advanced. They will be able to discuss those literary elements at the rudimentary levels. Mind you, as second-graders they are still developmentally young. They are, however, ready to grasp the literary elements much easier than the younger kids.

By the way, I just took early retirement as an elementary school teacher this last year. I taught most third grade but spent half a dozen years teaching 1st and 2nd grade. Before my years in public school, I also taught preschool for 4 years.

OPF

Scott Campbell
03-11-2007, 12:17 PM
......I've been working with 1st and 2nd, but we've never tried this with the kindergarteners before.

You've had plenty of experience right here.

mraynrand
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Zig,

I was recently talking with K-2 about Mike Sherman and the Packers. The Kindergartners thought he was the worst GM in the history of the NFL, the First graders thought he was 'horrible' and the second graders thought he did some good, some bad, but was kinda average to below average. I'd work with the 2nd graders - they are more cognitively developed, but are not yet brainwashed.

Scott Campbell
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Is that your way of saying Shermy performed his GM duties at a 2nd grade level? I'd say that's about right.

Though here he is pictured participating in one of the classic Kindergarten rituals - naptime:

http://www.packerforum.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10289/normal_sherman_sleep.jpg

mraynrand
03-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Is that your way of saying Shermy performed his GM duties at a 2nd grade level? I'd say that's about right.

I thought you were brighter than this, SC. Guess not.

GrnBay007
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Oh, c'mon...it's just a pic he's fascinated with. No different than when B wouldn't stop talking about the packer chics with no shirt on with their breasts painted green and gold. :P

Bretsky
03-12-2007, 10:30 PM

Oh, c'mon...it's just a pic he's fascinated with. No different than when B wouldn't stop talking about the packer chics with no shirt on with their breasts painted green and gold. :P

Yes, seeing you saved that on your hard drive...or your dektop background......lol........can you resend your friends to me again ?? :lol:

the_idle_threat
03-12-2007, 10:32 PM

This conjures a disturbing image of Shermy with no shirt on and his breasts painted green and gold.

Disturbing indeed. :?

GrnBay007
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM

This conjures a disturbing image of Shermy with no shirt on and his breasts painted green and gold.

Disturbing indeed. :?

He would NEVER take off his bowling shirt!! :P

Little Whiskey
03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Who likes Venison? I do I do, I just haven't found a way to eat it that it doesn't dry out on me.

slow cooker

LaFours
03-13-2007, 11:38 AM

slow cooker

Even better, grill on low heat basting liberally with a yellow mustard glaze. Marinade it before in a mixture of olive oil, butter and Greek seasoning and you are in for the best taste of your life.

BF4MVP
03-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I need to decide what to major in..And FAST..

Although I already have received help with that from the posters on this site, so I'll have to think of something else :wink:

mraynrand
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM

slow cooker

Even better, grill on low heat basting liberally with a yellow mustard glaze. Marinade it before in a mixture of olive oil, butter and Greek seasoning and you are in for the best taste of your life.

Use Hamburger helper (cheesy shells) and where the recipe says 'Hamburger' replace it with 'deerburger'

MJZiggy
03-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I have a meeting about the kids tomorrow, and unless someone at school talks me out of it, I'm leaning toward working with the kindergarteners. They're just cute people.