PDA

View Full Version : Which 2008 Packer Non-Starter Will Star in 2009?

Joemailman
12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
What young player, if any will emerge big time in 2009?

Bossman641
12-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I say Thompson. Like what I've seen out of him in limited time.

Is Mark Lee supposed to be Pat Lee?

Cheesehead Craig
12-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Jordy Nelson.

Joemailman
12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I say Thompson. Like what I've seen out of him in limited time.

Is Mark Lee supposed to be Pat Lee?

Yep, it's Patrick Lee, but I can't change it once votes have been cast. :oops: Showing my age there.

I think Finley showed tons of upside late this year. I'm excited about his future.

denverYooper
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I think it'll be Finley. I sure hope it's Sitton, Thompson, or Harrell though. Or all 4.

Partial
12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
James Jones. He is going to be a manimal when healthy.

RashanGary
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I think James Jones is the best bet to be a damn good player. He's shown he can do it when healthy.

Jordy Nelson and Josh Sitton seem to have very low bust potential and a damn good shot at being really good Packers.

Jermichael Finley has star potential but bust potential too.

Partial
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Jermichael Finley has star potential but bust potential too.

I absolutely cannot stand Finley because every single ball that has gone to him that he has not caught he immediately does the "throw the flag" motion, insinuating it was pass interference. He will never be a good player if he doesn't learn some personal accountability.

Hopefully we stop hearing the "young" excuse next year. He's a veteran now.

RashanGary
12-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Hopefully we stop hearing the "young" excuse next year. He's a veteran now.

He's 21 :)

Patler
12-29-2008, 06:33 PM
What they really need is for 3 or 4 of them to take a giant step forward. One per year is just treading water.

Joemailman
12-29-2008, 06:46 PM
You're right Patler, but the polls don't allow us to make more than one pick. For the sake of argument, my top 4 are Sitton, Finley, Thompson and Nelson.

DonHutson
12-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Where's Aaron Rouse? Or Tramon Williams?

Freak Out
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I'll go with Finley on offense and Hunter on defense.

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Jordy Nelson is already a starter, for all practical purposes. Like Williams on defense, he plays a huge role on the team.

Patler
12-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I think Finley is at least another year of maturity away from making a big impact. I think he will contribute next year more than he has this year, but not a huge impact yet.

I'm not sure Nelson will ever big a "big impact" sort of guy. A very productive and steady one, yes. But never real flashy. He will be very valuable, but his value will be sort of overlooked by the fans and media.

I think Jones will have a big presence next year.
I think Sitton and Barbre will start.
Giacomini will push for playing time.
Thompson will be the designated pass rusher, but will be only so-so at it.
Montgomery and Hunter will be replaced by "new recruits" either rookies or FAs.
Jackson will be a third down back, just as this year.
Wynn will remain a tease.
Pat Lee will show definite improvement, but will remain a backup.
Justin Harrell will be in his third (and final) season of rehab.

The Packer's first round pick will be a stud. A guy who comes in and convinces everyone he is a player from the start. They are due for one of those!

Fritz
12-29-2008, 08:57 PM

Wow...I almost always disagree with Partial...but here I totally agree. James Jones - yes, a manimal. A stud. A touchdown machine next year.

I've always liked the guy. I think he's a big, developing receiver who will catch the ball better and better and take it to the house.

Bretsky
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
What young player, if any will emerge big time in 2009?

Would like to wait to vote until after I know the fate of VB

Rastak
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM

Wow...I almost always disagree with Partial...but here I totally agree. James Jones - yes, a manimal. A stud. A touchdown machine next year.

I've always liked the guy. I think he's a big, developing receiver who will catch the ball better and better and take it to the house.

With all those good receivers is he going to see enough balls to be that guy?

The Leaper
12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Jones to me is already proven...the kid has great hands and is strong after the catch in the open field. When healthy, he is the best #3 WR in the NFL and would make a huge impact if either Driver or Jennings missed any significant time.

Nelson looks solid too...unfortunately both are stuck behind Driver and Jennings, and they really don't have the chance to emerge as a big time player unless there is an injury to a starter.

We need someone on the OL to step up...but I couldn't pick one out of the group that seems to have a better chance of success than anyone else. That might not be a good thing.

Partial
12-30-2008, 01:19 AM

With all those good receivers is he going to see enough balls to be that guy?

He'll be the third receiver, so I guess we'll see.

bobblehead
12-30-2008, 01:47 AM

Same here. JJ seems to be a guy rodgers looks to. When he was hurting I was wondering what happened, but the last 3 weeks he looked like I thought he would be all season.