PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Picks

Partial
12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Who do you guys got? I'm debating in my head. Earlier in the year I called Steelers and Vikes, and I still like the Steelers.

Right now, the Panthers, Vikes and Eagles are all red hot. The Vikes have the best player, but the Eagles are playing SO well right now. Tough call.

I'm going to jump ship to Philly I think. They are just hot as can be right now and with that defense and the way old man Dawkins in playing they will be tough to beat!

steve823
12-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Superbowl - Panther vs Steelers

Picks:

Colts win

Ravens win ( hope they go all the way but they wont)

Eagles win

Cardinals win

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm sticking with the teams I've been calling for awhile.

Giants over Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game.

I have this strange feeling that if the Falcons win at Arizona (not an easy task in Phoenix), Carolina's defense will get bludgeoned by Michael Turner. I'm firmly on the Giants bandwagon.

Steelers over Titans in the AFC Championship Game.

Giants over Steelers in the Super Bowl.

]{ilr]3
12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Falcons Vs Dolphins

Just because that would have been the craziest thing that could have been said before week 1 :lol:

KYPack
12-30-2008, 09:35 AM
The South rises again.

Titans - Carolina.

Panthers win.

Kerry Collins chokes in front of his old team.

mngolf19
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Giants and Ravens with the Giants winning again.

jmbarnes101
12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
This is going to be a long post.
Well, for this week I'm picking the following teams:

Falcons - to me Arizona winning would be the biggest upset, Atlanta should be able to bludgeon this team
Vikings - at home against a comparable team I expect the Vikings to win
Ravens - The Ravens are simply better than the Dolphins and the defense won't allow them to fail
Chargers - They're at home and they've already faced their own playoffs having to win out to have a chance at the playoffs. They're defense isn't as good but this team reminds me of last year's Giants with their never-say-die attitude.

As for the future, I just see four really good match-ups with eight equally flawed teams that all have a chance to win it all. My gut tells me Giants vs. Steelers but I'd like and wouldn't be surprised to see Falcons vs. Chargers.
Falcons @ Giants
Vikings @ Panthers
Ravens @ Titans
Chargers @ Steelers

Giants - Jacobs should be healthy and they have great backs behind him. The passing game might not be good enough to get it done when it counts and no WR/TE on this team scares you. The Defense is good and tenacious but has been leaking yards and TD's vs. good running teams lately. The bye will help them get healthy and they have a solid kicker.
Panthers - Solid but unspectacular QB, Top WR, and an awesome running game. The defense though is just okay. Against the teams that I predict will be left that should be enough. On a side note, I'd love to see Peppers and/or Gross with our team next year.
Vikings - The Vikings are too erratic on offense with a sub-par QB and just one good WR. The running game is solid but I'm probably the only person in the world that thinks AP is overrated. This defense will keep them in any game they play and Longwell has been clutch all year long.
Falcons To me, this team is the wildcard. They're good enough to beat anyone but will they? Matt Ryan has been great as a 1st year QB and that running game will give any team fits. The defense is solid. Are they too young and inexperienced to win in these situations or will that help them to not be too tight.

Titans - Similar to the Giants but playing well except in that meaningless week 17 game. They have a great running game with White and Johnson and a suffocating D. However, they have no threats at WR and the QB has never been spectacular but has been in big games. Will Kerry Collins continue to be a capable game manager in the playoffs or will the lack of a passing game doom this team?
Steelers - They have a solid QB with an average running game due to a porous offensive line. The defense can shut down anyone and they have proven to be a clutch team when needed. Other than Tomlin they've been in and won the big game before so they won't wilt. Home games will help them immensely.
Chargers - Just like the Falcons this to me is the wild card in the AFC playoffs. Rivers doesn't make many mistakes and he has targets to throw to. Tomlinson has looked better over the past few weeks and they're using Sproles as well. Besides the Colts this is the best offense left. The question lies on defense and with the coaches. We know Turner is a choker. We've seen it happen many times. Will they overcome this since many expect them to flame out during the first round?
Colts - They've been great down the stretch but they've certainly shown that they're vulnerable (see earlier Packer and Vikings games). Granted, Manning is healthier now and the passing game is the best in the playoffs but the running game hasn't been great. If they get it going watch out. The defense isn't good enough to shut down teams so they'll need to score to win.
Ravens - Physically dominant team with a solid team but haven't been able to beat the really good teams this year. They were smacked hard by the Colts. I expect them to beat Miami but I don't think they're quite good enough to win a 2nd round match-up especially with the rookie at QB.

gex
01-03-2009, 12:40 AM
Colts over the G-Men
8-)

MOBB DEEP
01-03-2009, 01:18 AM
dungy or tomlin...

power to the people

Bretsky
01-03-2009, 01:21 AM
I've been saying the Steelers are the best team in the AFC for a long time now so I'm sticking with them

Hard to go against the Giants in the NFC. Carolina I don't think can beat them. Maybe Phily.

This weekend I'd predict all of the road teams to win

MOBB DEEP
01-03-2009, 01:35 AM
I've been saying the Steelers are the best team in the AFC for a long time now so I'm sticking with them

Hard to go against the Giants in the NFC. Carolina I don't think can beat them. Maybe Phily.

This weekend I'd predict all of the road teams to win

DITO

Fosco33
01-03-2009, 10:19 AM
My 'favorite' AFC teams are the Steelers and Chargers. I'd love to see them duke it out for the AFC Championship. In reality, the Chargers haven't beat ONE playoff team all year (even the Packers beat two playoff teams). And the Steelers have been one of the luckiest teams this year (i.e., see Packers from last year).

I see Giants and Falcons making it out of the NFC.
I see the Titans and Steelers making it out of the AFC.

Titans over Giants (kinda has an epic ring to the name).

Philly could be a surprise as they've played hot...

BallHawk
01-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Baltimore over Indy in the AFC Championship game.

Carolina over New York in the NFC Championship game.

Baltimore over Carolina in the Super Bowl.

Joe Flacco is going to turn some heads this playoff season.

Hmmmm......A Ravens/Panthers Super Bowl.......talk about a ratings bonanza.

Charles Woodson
01-03-2009, 11:51 AM
im going:

Dolphins over ravens

The Ravens are simply better than the Dolphins and the defense won't allow them to fail
thats really bad logic, Now i think the dolphins barely sneak by, by playing clean football. One of the reasons the Dolphins are where they are is because they take care of the football, they lead the league in turnover ratio i think there +15... I think it could be a very interesting game tho, im going to it
Falcons over Arizona
my gut says arizona, but something else says falcons..I think for me its because of the way the falcons are playing right now, which is red hot
Vikings over Eagles

Colts over Chargers

Then

Steelers over Dolphins
Falcons over Giants
Colts over Titans
Panthers over Vikings

then

Steelers over Colts
Panthers over Falcons

SB:
Panthers over Steelers

jmbarnes101
01-03-2009, 11:57 AM
im going:

Dolphins over ravens

The Ravens are simply better than the Dolphins and the defense won't allow them to fail
thats really bad logic, Now i think the dolphins barely sneak by, by playing clean football. One of the reasons the Dolphins are where they are is because they take care of the football, they lead the league in turnover ratio i think there +15... I think it could be a very interesting game tho, im going to it

You wrote that my statement was illogical but that defense is their offense and when they're going well the offense is even better. They get shorter fields, more drives equalling more opportunities, a big boost by knowing they don't have to score on every possession, and their leaders are on that side of the field. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are the heart and soul of this team. They won't allow them to fail in this game.

The Ravens are the better team and they beat up the Dolphins the first time they played in Miami. Most defenses play on their heels against the Dolphins. The Ravens don't, they attack and that will hurt the gimmicky Dolphins. The Dolphins are a great story and a good team but the Ravens have proven they can beat them and I expect them to do so again.

Gunakor
01-03-2009, 12:02 PM
im going:

Dolphins over ravens

Falcons over Arizona
my gut says arizona, but something else says falcons..I think for me its because of the way the falcons are playing right now, which is red hot
Eagles over Vikings

Colts over Chargers

Then

Steelers over Dolphins
Falcons over Giants
Colts over Titans
Panthers over Eagles

then

Steelers over Colts
Panthers over Falcons

SB:
Panthers over Steelers

I can't pick the Steelers until I see how Big Ben comes back from that concussion he suffered last weekend. Last time he rushed back from a concussion was the year after they won SB XL. I remember because that concussion ruined my fantasy team that year. Big Ben came back the week after a concussion throwing a bunch of INT's, same the week after that. He was not good at all. And Byron Leftwich doesn't exactly inspire confidence either, should Big Ben struggle.

I think the Colts would beat the Steelers even with a perfectly healthy Big Ben though. The Colts are the hottest team in football right now. 9 straight wins - their last loss was at Lambeau I think. If asked to predict a SB outcome right now, I'd say Colts over Panthers.

Charles Woodson
01-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Hmm, didnt think about that.. i guess going by the reports, i didnt even take that in to account... Although even if the colts got to the SB, i think the panthers would pull it off...
I personally am not a steelers fan, but they just kept finding ways to win
btw, what happened to the titans why have they been in such a slump recently? Just injuries or have teams just stopped the run and put pressure on collins?

Charles Woodson
01-03-2009, 12:15 PM
im going:

Dolphins over ravens

You wrote that my statement was illogical but that defense is their offense and when they're going well the offense is even better. They get shorter fields, more drives equalling more opportunities, a big boost by knowing they don't have to score on every possession, and their leaders are on that side of the field. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are the heart and soul of this team. They won't allow them to fail in this game.

The Ravens are the better team and they beat up the Dolphins the first time they played in Miami. Most defenses play on their heels against the Dolphins. The Ravens don't, they attack and that will hurt the gimmicky Dolphins. The Dolphins are a great story and a good team but the Ravens have proven they can beat them and I expect them to do so again.

See this is why the game can go either way... If your relying on the Defense to make turnovers then i say the dolphins win, because of the way they dont turn the ball over, idk i just feel like people expect a blowout against the dolphins but i just dont see it happenin... The dolphins are a balanced offense that will through the ravens off with the trick plays they do. and there offense line has really matured since last year

Brando19
01-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Here's my predictions...take these to the bank... :P

NFC:
Atlanta over Arizona
Eagles over Vikings

then

Carolina over Atlanta
Eagles over Giants

then

Eagles over Carolina

AFC
Baltimore over Miami
Colts over Chargers

then

Baltimore over Titans
Colts over Steelers

then

Colts over Ravens

SUPERBOWL

Eagles over Colts

Bretsky
01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
As I was saying all of the home teams will win this weekend

Brando19
01-04-2009, 08:27 AM

Good call so far, but there's no chance in hell the Vikings beat the Eagles...no chance.

packerbacker1234
01-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah, two of the games are already over...

But, my week one picks were all the underdogs save the ravens. I also won 200$ last night via a betting site just off the Chargers winning.

My picks:

Round 1:

AFC - Ravens over Miami
Chargers over Colts

NFC - Cardinals over Falcons
Vikings over Eagles

Round 2: (I think these are the matchups, but no matter where you flop the teams my pick to come out of each game wouldn't change).

AFC - Ravens over Titans
Chargers over Steelers

NFC - Cardinals over Giants
Panthers over Vikings

Round 3:

AFC - Chargers over Ravens

NFC - Cardinals over Panthers

Superbowl: Chargers verse Cardinals. Cards offense will excel in that stadium, chargers are flying high. The two teams virtually counted out make it to the superbowl. Book it. Chargers were left for dead a month ago, and Cardinals were being talked about as a team that should of gave up it's playoff spot.

Brando19
01-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah, two of the games are already over...

But, my week one picks were all the underdogs save the ravens. I also won 200$ last night via a betting site just off the Chargers winning.

My picks:

Round 1:

AFC - Ravens over Miami
Chargers over Colts

NFC - Cardinals over Falcons
Vikings over Eagles

Round 2: (I think these are the matchups, but no matter where you flop the teams my pick to come out of each game wouldn't change).

AFC - Ravens over Titans
Chargers over Steelers

NFC - Cardinals over Giants
Panthers over Vikings

Round 3:

AFC - Chargers over Ravens

NFC - Cardinals over Panthers

Superbowl: Chargers verse Cardinals. Cards offense will excel in that stadium, chargers are flying high. The two teams virtually counted out make it to the superbowl. Book it. Chargers were left for dead a month ago, and Cardinals were being talked about as a team that should of gave up it's playoff spot.
What's the betting site, if you don't mind me asking? I wouldn't mind doing that (although my picks suggest I should stay away).

Rastak
01-04-2009, 08:56 AM

Good call so far, but there's no chance in hell the Vikings beat the Eagles...no chance.

You said the same about the Cards so it must be in the bag for the Vikes. :)

mngolf19
01-04-2009, 09:08 AM

Vikes will run all over Philly. Close game as always for Vikes but they win. Only thing that changes this is if they have turnovers.

Rastak
01-04-2009, 09:27 AM

Vikes will run all over Philly. Close game as always for Vikes but they win. Only thing that changes this is if they have turnovers.

Which is very possible. Philly has a helluva defense, I hope Jackson is up to the task. Playoff pressure can cause mistakes which can be fatal for players never having been in the situation before.

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:22 PM

LOL, way to go B :lol: :lol:

At least you put something down. I gave it a good amount of thought and was pretty unsure on most of the games. Takes a man to put something in writing!

GrnBay007
01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
OK.....so here are the games/spreads. Who are you taking?

Saturday, Jan. 10

TENNESSEE TITANS 3 Baltimore Ravens 34

CAROLINA PANTHERS 9½ Arizona Cardinals 48½

Sunday, Jan. 11

NEW YORK GIANTS 4½ Philadelphia Eagles 40½

PITTSBURGH STEELERS 6 San Diego Chargers 38

RashanGary
01-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Titans
Panthers
Eagles
Steelers

ThunderDan
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Ravens
Panthers
Eagles
Steelers

chain_gang
01-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Here's mine, I see 1 upset.

Titans
Cardinals
Giants
Steelers

I know the Cards are bad on the East Coast, but the weather doesn't look like it should be too big of factor. Boldin is iffy too, but I like the Cards to upset the Panthers. Their game earlier this year was a great one, one the Cards should have been able to win. I like Warner against Carolina's secondary. He lit them up earlier this season. If the Cards can contain Carolina's running game, by contain I mean not giving up the homerun, I see the Cards winning. I think this should be a hell of a game. Actually every game is kind of intriguing to me, this should be a fun football weekend.

steve823
01-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Ravens <<o yea
Panthers
Eagles
Steelers

GrnBay007
01-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Ravens
Panthers
Giants
Chargers

packinpatland
01-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Ditto

Ravens
Panthers
Giants
Chargers

CaliforniaCheez
01-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Make sure you are voting for the Packers in Click for Cans!!

The finals are next week and every vote will be needed!

The Packers are in the Click for Cans Super Bowl!!

http://www.chunky.com/Default.aspx

Brando19
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Ravens
Panthers
Eagles
Chargers

KYPack
01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
TENNESSEE TITANS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
PHILLY CREAMCHEESE EAGLES
PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Partial
01-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Steelers
Eagles
Panthers
Ravens

wist43
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Titans
Panthers
Giants
Steelers

Baltimore has a shot against anyone they face, b/c they're capable of pitching a shutout.

pbmax
01-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Saturday, Jan. 10

Sunday, Jan. 11
Against the spread:
Ravens
Cardinals
Eagles
Chargers

Straight Up
Ravens (under)
Panthers (under)
Eagles (under)
Steelers (over)

Rastak
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Titans
Steelers
Panthers
Giants

GrnBay007
01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Saturday, Jan. 10

Sunday, Jan. 11
Against the spread:
Ravens
Cardinals
Eagles
Chargers

Thanks for reminding me :D

My picks against the spread:

Ravens
Chargers
Cardinals
Giants

We really need to do a PR pool next season against the spread....it's fun.

GrnBay007
01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Those in the running to go 4 for 4 :lol: :P

ThunderDan
Steve823
Packinpatland
Brando19
Partial
PBmax
me

ThunderDan
01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Ravens
Panthers
Eagles
Steelers

3 out of 4 ain't bad!

I am predicting Eagles Ravens in the SuperBowl!

pbmax
01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
rare triple post

pbmax
01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
triple post

packinpatland
Ditto

Ravens
Panthers
Giants
Chargers

007........I'm thinking we didn't do so well......1 out of 4 .........yikes! :shock:

pbmax
Against the spread:
Ravens
Cardinals
Eagles
Chargers

Straight Up
Ravens (under)
Panthers (under)
Eagles (under)
Steelers (over)
............................Straight........ATS... ......O/U
Ravens 13-10.............W.............W............W
Cards 33-13...............L..............W............W
Eagles 23-11..............W.............W.............W
Steelers 35-24.............W.............L.............W

More proof that the less I pay attention, the better I do. Too bad these weren't actual bets.

KYPack
01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
The South rises again.

Titans - Carolina.

Panthers win.

Well, this is the worst pick I've seen.

What idiot would make this pick?

GrnBay007
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
The South rises again.

Titans - Carolina.

Panthers win.

Well, this is the worst pick I've seen.

What idiot would make this pick?

:lol:

GrnBay007
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Ditto

Ravens
Panthers
Giants
Chargers

007........I'm thinking we didn't do so well......1 out of 4 .........yikes! :shock:

Shhh!!!

Guess I gotta keep my day job. :P

BallHawk
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
So far my prediction of the Ravens winning the Super Bowl looks hopeful.....

packinpatland
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Ditto

Ravens
Panthers
Giants
Chargers

Shhh!!!

Guess I gotta keep my day job. :P

You saying we're not going to Vegas to beat the odds next week?

packerbacker1234
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I should put 1000$ down on the cards winning it all.

Seriously: It's great Karma - Worst team (according to media) in the history of football to make the playoffs goes the distance.

They got a good chance too. At home next week, and Boldin should be back. Super Bowl is in a Dome, bodes well for that passing attack.

Yeah, odds look pretty decent for the cards. If they don't win it all, of course I want the ravens too. Ed Reed is insane, and Joe Flacco's arm reminds of Favre in the 90's.

Seriously, I love me some Cards and Ravens

digitaldean
01-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I should put 1000$ down on the cards winning it all.

Seriously: It's great Karma - Worst team (according to media) in the history of football to make the playoffs goes the distance.

They got a good chance too. At home next week, and Boldin should be back. Super Bowl is in a Dome, bodes well for that passing attack.

Yeah, odds look pretty decent for the cards. If they don't win it all, of course I want the ravens too. Ed Reed is insane, and Joe Flacco's arm reminds of Favre in the 90's.

Seriously, I love me some Cards and Ravens

Super Bowl is in Tampa, where that ugly-ass pirate ship is located in a football stadium. Not a domed stadium.

That being said, I, too would like to see Arizona make it in. Fitzgerald is an absolute monster (and how Carolina couldn't cover the ONE guy who could beat you is beyond me).

Zool
01-12-2009, 08:26 AM
So far my prediction of the Ravens winning the Super Bowl looks hopeful.....

Thats about the only team I've called correctly so far. Good thing I dont gamble.

GrnBay007
01-12-2009, 07:08 PM
NFL Playoffs

Sunday, Jan. 18

Philadelphia Eagles 3 ARIZONA CARDINALS 48½

PITTSBURGH STEELERS 5 Baltimore Ravens 33½

GrnBay007
01-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm taking....

Cardinals
Ravens

:clap: for the dogs!! (umm, birds) :D

KYPack
01-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Dubble O stays with a Bird-Bird theme.

I'm going:

Steelers

Eagles

Bet the farm on Ravens Cards. I ain't picked shit in the play-offs

RashanGary
01-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Eagles
Steelers (Steelers OL came around as the season progressed)

BooHoo
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Eagles vs Ravens in SB