PDA

View Full Version : playoffs

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Doesn't it seem weird that Arizona is in the playoffs while the Pats sit home?

There just seem to be a lot of mediocre teams playing this weekend.
This is an odd year, I can't remember a NFL season where the talent was so unbalanced between divisions. I say the system is broken and the BCS needs to be scrapped.

superfan
12-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Even more surprising to me that Altanta and Miami are in, and Dallas, GB and NE are out.

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I wonder if MN might get blown-out by Philly. The Philly defense is playing all-world.

steve823
12-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I wonder if MN might get blown-out by Philly. The Philly defense is playing all-world.

Very true but the mastermind is jim johnson. There defense is averae maybe a little better then average but nothing great. Its the great exotic blitz packages and the great work of jim johnson :D

Rastak
12-29-2008, 07:30 PM

Blown out? I doubt it. I do like Philly but the Vikings defense is playing too well for a bunch of fireworks...unless it's a bunch of defensive scores.

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2008, 07:34 PM
I think MN is a solid team all the way around.

We'll see, maybe I'm too influenced by the Dallas-Philly game, but Vikings without one Williams against a hot team has drama potential to me.

Rastak
12-29-2008, 07:35 PM

We'll see, maybe I'm too influenced by the Dallas-Philly game, but Vikings without one Williams against a hot team has drama potential to me.

Pat Williams has been cleared to play.

Harlan Huckleby
12-29-2008, 07:36 PM

ouch. with a broken shoulder? OK, shoot him up.

steve823
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Eagles hands down...not because I ahte the Vikings..which of course I do but because Eagles are clearly the btter team and are playing great football right now. Eagles defense is too good for Minnesotas one-dimensional offense

Rastak
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM

ouch. with a broken shoulder? OK, shoot him up.

He said no pain, he's working on regaining strength. They said 2-6 weeks and it will have been 3.

Rastak
12-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Eagles hands down...not because I ahte the Vikings..which of course I do but because Eagles are clearly the btter team and are playing great football right now. Eagles defense is too good for Minnesotas one-dimensional offense

Versus Giants
Passing = 239
Rushing = 110

Versus Falcons
Passing = 233
Rushing = 155

Versus Cardinals
Passing = 163
Rushing = 239

(I'll give ya that one, they were running all over them and had a lead.)

The Vikings are a much better run team but are nowhere near as one dimensional as they were the last two years.

Guiness
12-30-2008, 12:12 PM

Versus Giants
Passing = 239
Rushing = 110

Versus Falcons
Passing = 233
Rushing = 155

Versus Cardinals
Passing = 163
Rushing = 239

The Vikings are a much better run team but are nowhere near as one dimensional as they were the last two years.

Those are indeed interesting numbers, and show that for all the flak they take, their O is performing - against other playoff teams.

One Q though, cause I'm too lazy to look it up...who was QB for those games, and who is starting in the playoffs? Frerotte for both? TJack played quite well in his 1 or 2 appearences, didn't he?

BallHawk
12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd say if T-Jack plays well, Vikes win.

If T-Jack plays poorly, Eagles win.

He doesn't have to play perfect like he did against Arizona (4 TDs, 0 INTs), but if he plays like he did against Atlanta (200 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs) I think the Vikings win the game.

Of course, this is assuming that AP can get in his usual 100 yards, which against Philly won't be a piece of cake.

Rastak
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM

Versus Giants
Passing = 239
Rushing = 110

Versus Falcons
Passing = 233
Rushing = 155

Versus Cardinals
Passing = 163
Rushing = 239

Those are indeed interesting numbers, and show that for all the flak they take, their O is performing - against other playoff teams.

One Q though, cause I'm too lazy to look it up...who was QB for those games, and who is starting in the playoffs? Frerotte for both? TJack played quite well in his 1 or 2 appearences, didn't he?

T-Jack played outstanding in the Arizona game, played well in the Atlanta game and was average against the Giants. To answer your question, Jackson played all three of those games and he'll be starting Sunday.

Lurker64
12-30-2008, 12:38 PM
This is going to be an interesting game in Minny. Since you have the #3 defense (Philly) vs. the #6 defense (Minny) and two offenses that are occasionally woeful. It's hard to predict really. If we go on just "average performance" on a unit-by-unit basis, I'd have to pick Philly but it's really going to come down to who steps up, and a couple of big plays.

Rastak
12-30-2008, 12:43 PM
This is going to be an interesting game in Minny. Since you have the #3 defense (Philly) vs. the #6 defense (Minny) and two offenses that are occasionally woeful. It's hard to predict really. If we go on just "average performance" on a unit-by-unit basis, I'd have to pick Philly but it's really going to come down to who steps up, and a couple of big plays.

I like Philly also but you just never know. I'd take the Vikings if I had confidence that Chilly would come up with a good plan to beat that blitz and Jackson could stay cool enough to execute it.

LL2
12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Doesn't it seem weird that Arizona is in the playoffs while the Pats sit home?

One of my friends is a die hard NE fan and he is pissed that they are not in the playoffs.

TennesseePackerBacker
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
This is going to be like a 13-9 type of ball game with the win going to philly. I just dont see Tjack even having much of a chance against jim johnsons blitz packages. However, the Iggles can be run on...If AP explodes for 150 and 2 tds it could be a big game for the Queens.

SMACKTALKIE
12-30-2008, 12:59 PM

I know the Eagles played a great game last week but please remember they lost to the Redskins 3 to 10 in week 16.

mngolf19
12-30-2008, 05:34 PM
This is going to be like a 13-9 type of ball game with the win going to philly. I just dont see Tjack even having much of a chance against jim johnsons blitz packages. However, the Iggles can be run on...If AP explodes for 150 and 2 tds it could be a big game for the Queens.

I see no reason why AP won't have a good game. Has avg. over 100yds per game so if Jackson can just stay away from turnovers(AP too) I see Vikes winning. McNabb will have to make alot of plays on his feet for Philly to be successful.

Freak Out
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Jackson will not cost the Dikes the game....APs fumbles will.

Rastak
12-30-2008, 05:43 PM

I know, all those lost fumbles almost lost the Giants game.

Freak Out
12-30-2008, 05:55 PM

I know, all those lost fumbles almost lost the Giants game.

The guy just goes full steam ahead...he wants to be the one that wins the game and doesn't protect the ball when he should.....and the boys in Philly know how to knock it loose.

It should be a good game if they limit turnovers and Childress calls it right.