PDA

View Full Version : MM press conference 9am CT

pack4to84
12-31-2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/
what I got out of it.
Quotes from MM.
6-10 My name is on the front door. I didn't get the job done. It starts with me.
Monday we did veteran assessment
Tuesday was rookie assessment.
Today we will assess the coordinators
next week we will assess the assistants

we look long at the 4th quarter
In losing you can't lose the lesson.
We took a step back in certain areas.
We made the right decision at the QB position
I'm excited about our future.
All our schemes are under evaluation.

CaptainKickass
12-31-2008, 09:28 AM
When the hell are they gonna learn to mic up the reporters who are actually asking the questions so we can hear what the questions are before the coach/players are answering?

Geezus.

pack4to84
12-31-2008, 09:31 AM
When the hell are they gonna learn to mic up the reporters who are actually asking the questions so we can hear what the questions are before the coach/players are answering?

Geezus.turn up the volume you can hear them.

DonHutson
12-31-2008, 09:38 AM
So they're a half hour into it?

That's plenty of time to list who, if anyone, got fired. For those that haven't been listening, what's the word?

Zool
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Very non-specific so far that i've heard. Sounds like the typical weekly PC.

CaptainKickass
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Gosh - what a great idea - why didn't I think of that? You're so smart.

Ever been to a concert/show where you can't hear the vocals? That's just annoying.

There's something called a "mix". It's an audio engineering term so don't let it's one syllable-ness confuse you. There are piezoelectric "room" mics - such as used in recording applications for orchestra - where they can mic an entire room and allow the sound to be of equal volume to the podium. OR - how about taking a page from the NFL sideline where they use a shotgun mic with a parabolic reflector to capture the sound of whatever it's pointed at? Yes these look like some sort of satellite dish.

It's an amateur production at best.

DonHutson
12-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Very non-specific so far that i've heard. Sounds like the typical weekly PC.

Then it's probably not happening today. I doubt they'd unleash a bombshell right at the end. "Oh, by the way. We're firing Bob Sanders. Thanks for coming and we'll see you next week."

Badgerinmaine
12-31-2008, 09:55 AM

That's plenty of time to list who, if anyone, got fired. For those that haven't been listening, what's the word?
I gave up on it after a while, but it seemed clear to me that nobody was going to be sacked today. He mentioned that he would be talking to coordinators and coaches later this week, so he probably won't can anyone before he does that.

]{ilr]3
12-31-2008, 10:52 AM

I gave up on it after a while, but it seemed clear to me that nobody was going to be sacked today. He mentioned that he would be talking to coordinators and coaches later this week, so he probably won't can anyone before he does that.

I assume they are waiting on checking out who else gets cans and who will be available. Dont shit can what you have unless there is something better available. Although its hard to imagine that anyone would be better than for ST coach.

Pugger
12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/
what I got out of it.
Quotes from MM.
6-10 My name is on the front door. I didn't get the job done. It starts with me.
Monday we did veteran assessment
Tuesday was rookie assessment.
Today we will assess the coordinators
next week we will assess the assistants

we look long at the 4th quarter
In losing you can't lose the lesson.
We took a step back in certain areas.
We made the right decision at the QB position
I'm excited about our future.
All our schemes are under evaluation.

If indeed MM decides to make any changes we won't hear about it for a while.

Fritz
12-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Lettin' em dangle, eh Mikey?

denverYooper
12-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Lettin' em dangle, eh Mikey?

Yeah, what the hell? Is he trying to be considerate? Maybe he's not going to let them go. If he's going to, he'd better get to firin'.

Singletary did it right. He let Martz go pretty quickly.

bobblehead
12-31-2008, 12:23 PM
I think we are stuck with the guys we got. If they were going to can someone I think it would be done unless MM is going to let the "resign to spend time with my family" in the next week.

With Moss being considered for HC job there is no DC available who offers continuity. And honestly....do we want Nolan?? We saw how well Nolan and MM worked out in San Fran.

Bretsky
12-31-2008, 06:06 PM
I think we are stuck with the guys we got. If they were going to can someone I think it would be done unless MM is going to let the "resign to spend time with my family" in the next week.

With Moss being considered for HC job there is no DC available who offers continuity. And honestly....do we want Nolan?? We saw how well Nolan and MM worked out in San Fran.

Continuity .........same reaction to Jim Mora and playoffs

I'd hope anybody watching our defense this year would not be too focused on that