PDA

View Full Version : Chad Pennington: MVP?

Brando19
01-01-2009, 10:30 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/01/claim-chad-pennington-is-the-nfl-mvp-only-lemmings-pick-peyton/

I agree that Pennington has helped turn the Dolphins around and I'm a big fan of his (his family lives close to me), but I don't think Chad has the big time stats Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson has. It would be cool for him to sneak in the race and win it, though. Favre should be the only 3 time MVP. :D

The Leaper
01-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Ed Reed deserves the MVP IMO...few times can a defensive player claim it, and this is a year where one should.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/01/01/claim-chad-pennington-is-the-nfl-mvp-only-lemmings-pick-peyton/

I agree that Pennington has helped turn the Dolphins around and I'm a big fan of his (his family lives close to me), but I don't think Chad has the big time stats Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson has. It would be cool for him to sneak in the race and win it, though. Favre should be the only 3 time MVP. :D

So if the Packers are 11-5 does A-rod get consideration for MVP? If I'm not mistaken his and Peyton's stats are pretty much the same for the year. 4000yds around 30 tds and 12-13 INT's

Guiness
01-01-2009, 01:16 PM
How ironic that Pennington goes out and has a year that makes people consider him for league MVP.

The Jets got Favre and dumped him, thinking they were upgrading the position - and Penn goes and plays lights out. If they'd kept him, and made the other changes they did, do they make the playoffs???

Brando19
01-01-2009, 01:22 PM

So if the Packers are 11-5 does A-rod get consideration for MVP? If I'm not mistaken his and Peyton's stats are pretty much the same for the year. 4000yds around 30 tds and 12-13 INT's

I would say so. I like A-rod, but how many comebacks does he have this season? Peyton has a few. If A-rod won those close games, I would say yes...he would be an MVP candidate.

Partial
01-01-2009, 03:13 PM
ROFL Pennington? Ronnie Brown is more valuable to that team than Pennington.

vince
01-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Your previously stated positions about Pennington (and similarly Rodgers) being below average and your inability to accept being wrong has obviously caused you to lose all objectivity. This opinion simply does not stand up to the facts. When Pennington has been healthy, he has been a solid QB pretty much his whole career. When he's been injured, he's been less solid. You seem to be blind to certain QB injuries, but all too eager to shout from the rooftops about other QB's injuries.

Ronnie Brown was the 19th ranked running back in total yards and 34th in the league in yards per carry. Hardly MVP calibre performance.

Conversely, Pennington was the #2 rated passer in the league, behind Phillip Rivers and ahead of Curt Warner, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, in that order. His TD/INT ratio was also #2 in the league (if you exclude Seneca Wallace, who ranked first in limited time)

Overall, I think one of these three running backs or Phillip Rivers - all of whom led teams to the playoffs (along with Pennington) are most deserving:

Adrian Peterson 1,760 yards rushing, 4.8 ypc 10 TD's
Michael Turner 1,699 yards rushing, 4.3 ypc 17 TD's
DeAngelo Willias 1,515 yards rushing, 5.5 ypc 18 TD's

Rivers: 4,009 yds passing, 34 TD's 11 INT's 105.5 passer rating

It seems that when facts don't support your opinion, you run to search for other people's opinions that agree with yours and then rush to state them as "fact." Not a very convincing tactic.

vince
01-02-2009, 01:33 PM

There's more...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=sundaycountdown08

Pennington succeeding where others have failed: The list is long, and generally undistinguished: Jay Fiedler, A.J. Feeley, Gus Frerotte, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Trent Green, Cleo Lemon, John Beck. All quarterbacks the Dolphins thought could, well, quarterback, in the wake of Dan Marino. All disappointments during their time in Miami.

After two surgeries and being released from the Jets, Chad Pennington revived his career this season, helping lead the Dolphins to the AFC East crown.

So it's no wonder that when players were asked this week to name the biggest factor in their shocking turnaround from 1-15 to AFC East champions, most Dolphins took less than a second to spit out Chad Pennington's name.

"He's our savior," linebacker Joey Porter said bluntly. Porter knows that Pennington won't ever brag for himself, so he does it for him.

"He just makes great decisions with the ball, does whatever is best for the team," Porter said. "We know the Jets released him for Brett Favre. And Brett is great. I feel like he could be commissioner of the NFL one day, everybody loves him. But if I was running a team, I'd take Chad. Every time."

Porter is right; Pennington isn't going to brag. But he is open about how determined he is to make the most of this game against the Ravens, and whatever might follow. At 32, and with two potentially career-ending shoulder surgeries behind him, he's aware of how fleeting success can be.
"That's why we're all scrapping around here," he said. "This is not an everyday occurrence. The opportunity is now and it's a nice opportunity to have and you really want to take advantage of it."

Partial
01-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Pennington is a safe quarterback. He doesn't take any chances, but he is also a smart quarterback. He plays within his abilities as well as anybody, and will certainly not make any mistakes.

He is noodle armed, hasn't had any playoff success, etc.

I didn't say Ronnie Brown was an MVP candidate. I said he's a better player (comparatively) than Pennington. The wildcat has allowed that team to do a lot of unique things since they have two pretty good backs.

You can think what you want. So can I. I don't think I'm wrong about Pennington. You are every bit entitled to think that I am. In MY opinion, he is just a guy. He's not a play maker by any stretch of the imagination.

vince
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Pennington is a safe quarterback. He doesn't take any chances, but he is also a smart quarterback. He plays within his abilities as well as anybody, and will certainly not make any mistakes.

I didn't say Ronnie Brown was an MVP candidate. I said he's a better player (comparatively) than Pennington. The wildcat has allowed that team to do a lot of unique things since they have two pretty good backs.

You can think what you want. So can I. I don't think I'm wrong about Pennington. You are every bit entitled to think that I am. In MY opinion, he is just a guy. He's not a play maker by any stretch of the imagination.
Of course you don't think you're wrong. And you're objective too, right?

You are undeterred and unmoved by the assessments of those who are, other than you, most knowledgeable about the situations at hand. Their assessments just don't mean anything at all... You not only could teach Winston Moss abut linebacker play but you also know more than most of the Dolphins players about who contributed most to their team's success this year.

Any chance whatsoever that you might be wrong and some of these other people with extensive first-hand experience might know what they are talking about?

Any chance at all?

Bossman641
01-02-2009, 02:31 PM

Of course you don't think you're wrong. And you're objective too, right?

You are undeterred and unmoved by the assessments of those who are, other than you, most knowledgeable about the situations at hand. Their assessments just don't mean anything at all... You not only could teach Winston Moss abut linebacker play but you also know more than most of the Dolphins players about who contributed most to their team's success this year.

Any chance whatsoever that you might be wrong and some of these other people with extensive first-hand experience might know what they are talking about?

Any chance at all?

NO

MOBB DEEP
01-03-2009, 01:38 AM
cant believe bama lost...

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm surprised that Texas Tech lost to Old Miss.

But that is just because I know more about TT, I spose.

swede
01-03-2009, 09:29 AM
...But that is just because I know more about TT, I spose.

What kind of car does he drive?

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm guessing a late model, burgandy sedan; drives 55 mph on the freeway, two hands on the wheel at 9 and 3 oclock position, never venturing into the passing lane.

Gunakor
01-03-2009, 11:48 AM

I've seen Pennington throw a ball 50+ yards in the air on more than one occasion this season. I don't think he's as noodle armed as you suggest when his arm/shoulder is healthy. He's added the deep ball to his arsenal again this year.

Charles Woodson
01-03-2009, 11:57 AM
cant believe bama lost...
im happy that bama lost... Bama was just another over ranked SEC team, they were about as untested as Utah, im glad to see a relatively small team like that win, and show how flawed the BCS is

Charles Woodson
01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Your previously stated positions about Pennington (and similarly Rodgers) being below average and your inability to accept being wrong has obviously caused you to lose all objectivity. This opinion simply does not stand up to the facts. When Pennington has been healthy, he has been a solid QB pretty much his whole career. When he's been injured, he's been less solid. You seem to be blind to certain QB injuries, but all too eager to shout from the rooftops about other QB's injuries.

Ronnie Brown was the 19th ranked running back in total yards and 34th in the league in yards per carry. Hardly MVP calibre performance.

Conversely, Pennington was the #2 rated passer in the league, behind Phillip Rivers and ahead of Curt Warner, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers, in that order. His TD/INT ratio was also #2 in the league (if you exclude Seneca Wallace, who ranked first in limited time)

Overall, I think one of these three running backs or Phillip Rivers - all of whom led teams to the playoffs (along with Pennington) are most deserving:

Adrian Peterson 1,760 yards rushing, 4.8 ypc 10 TD's
Michael Turner 1,699 yards rushing, 4.3 ypc 17 TD's
DeAngelo Willias 1,515 yards rushing, 5.5 ypc 18 TD's

Rivers: 4,009 yds passing, 34 TD's 11 INT's 105.5 passer rating

It seems that when facts don't support your opinion, you run to search for other people's opinions that agree with yours and then rush to state them as "fact." Not a very convincing tactic.

I think Vince summed it up best, said exactly what i was going to say..

Partial your statement of Ronnie brown is more valuable to the team then Pennington shows your lack of intellectual thinking..
Think of this, with Ronnie brown out, at least you have a more then capable back in Ricky Williams,
Where as Pennington goes down, and so does your season...
Pennington wont win you over with flashy stats or huge plays, but his ability to come through when needed, and protect the football makes him the dolphins MVP

Vince i agree with you that one of those 3 running backs should have won the award, Manning had one of his worst years since 2001 and he still won it...

vince
01-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Here are some more facts about the noodle-armed, no-playoff-success, just-a-guy, not-a-playmaker-by-any-stretch-of-the-imagination, quarterback.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Pennington

Chad emerged as the Jets' starting quarterback after filling in for Vinny Testaverde during the fifth game of the 2002 season. Pennington helped reverse the Jets' fortunes by leading the 1-4 team to an eventual 9-7 record and an AFC East division championship. Despite playing less than a full season, Pennington managed to throw for 3,120 yards with 22 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. His 104.2 quarterback rating during the 2002 season is a team record. Pennington led the Jets to a first round 41-0 blowout of the Indianapolis Colts in that season's playoffs.

[In 2003, i]n the fourth pre-season game against the New York Giants, Pennington endured a fracture-dislocation on his non-throwing hand after suffering a hit from linebacker Brandon Short. The injury forced him to miss the first six games of the season. Without Pennington the Jets began the season 1-4.

[In 2004,] Pennington was able to lead the Jets to a 5-0 record. However, during a Week 9 game against the Buffalo Bills Pennington injured his rotator cuff and was forced to miss three games.

Pennington answered speculation that his shoulder was ailing with a sterling 20-17 overtime win against the AFC West Champion San Diego Chargers. This win came in the first round of the playoffs and Pennington's numbers were impressive: 23-33 for 279 yards and two touchdowns.

Pennington underwent surgery on his right shoulder in Birmingham, Alabama on February 4, 2005. It was later revealed that he had suffered a substantial tear in the right rotator cuff, as well as a large bone spur on that shoulder. On September 25, 2005 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Pennington once again suffered injury, although he re-entered the game later and almost led the Jets to victory despite not throwing well. However, tests later showed another tear in his rotator cuff. On October 6, 2005, Pennington once again underwent surgery to repair his right shoulder.

The 2006 season was a year of redemption for Chad Pennington, as he came back from his second rotator cuff surgery to lead the Jets to the playoffs and win the Associated Press NFL Comeback Player of the Year.
Pennington would go on to reach career highs for the season in completions, passing attempts, and passing yardage with 3,352 yards. Perhaps the most notable career high Pennington reached in 2006 was in games played with 16, marking the first time that he stayed healthy for an entire regular season in his career.

Pennington led the Jets to a 10–6 record and a playoff berth as a wild card team, a surprising feat for a team that finished 4–12 a year earlier.

Here's a recent quote from Peter King about Pennington

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1150097/index.htm
"To characterize Pennington as a glorified caretaker would be as inaccurate as it is disrespectful. With the game tied at 31 to start the fourth quarter in Kansas City, he took the Dolphins on a 13-play, 85-yard drive in which he completed all seven of his passes (five for first downs) for 65 yards and the decisive touchdown."

And here's what Chad Pennington had to say about being being dumped for Favre and overlooked by misinformed fans who don't seem to understand what really makes a valuable leader in the NFL.

"The most satisfying thing is to know that how I play the game, how I prepare, how I work—those core values work," Pennington says. "Those values lead you to success. So it's nice to get into a situation that reminds you that the way you do your job is the right way. That's more satisfying than outperforming any one person or outperforming my former team."

Pennington's Line: 22-30 200 yds, 2 TD's 0 INT's in a playoff-securing victory on the road.

Pennington has led the Jets to more playoff games than any other QB in Jets history, and has a better winning percentage in the playoffs than your boy "McMoney" McNabb, as well as Drew Brees, Vince Young, Tony Romo, Randall Cunningham, Carson Palmer, and a bunch of others to whom you've undoubtedly bestowed "it".

I'd say Chad Pennington has proven that, despite your assertion to the contrary, he not only has had playoff success, but when healthy, he is a difference maker and above all - a winner. Isn't that what "it" is supposed to bring?

And his teammates call him "The Savior." Still say they're all wrong about this guy?

packinpatland
01-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I have no idea who this guy is who wrote this article, but he does present a different, logical point of view.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/100834-will-the-real-chad-pennington-please-stand-up

vince
01-03-2009, 07:41 PM
This guy's best point is Pennington's injury history, which is clearly valid. His string of injuries has negatively impacted his performance through significant stretches of his career, but 2002, 2004 (even through injury), 2006, and 2008 demonstrate that he's well better than average when healthy - and his team's performance has reflected that as well. And saying that he hasn't had any playoff success is just factually incorrect.

I don't blame the Jets for valuing a warrior like Favre who never misses a game, even though in retrospect the on-field performance of the respective players and teams certainly brings the decision into question. Regardless of that though, it's difficult to dispute the facts of Pennington's performance and results when he's been healthy.

Pugger
01-04-2009, 09:45 AM
But I think the Jets were just damn stupid to cut Pennington after they traded for Brett. You have to wonder about their GM that would give a player with any value away without compensation who ultimately goes to a team in your own division and comes back to haunt you in December to knock your team out of the playoffs!! :laugh:

Thank God TT didn't do that last summer with Favre! :shock:

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Not cut Pennington..........think it had anything to do with $$$'s? :roll:

Pugger
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Is/was Pennington's salary higher than Bretts?? :?:

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Is/was Pennington's salary higher than Bretts?? :?:

No but they had to cut Pennington to make room for the money spent during the offseason and Brett Favre. At least I think thats why they did it if I can remember right?

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, Pennington just threw his 3rd pick. Guess he's washed up too!

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 01:46 PM

He's mostly just getting killed out there. On every one of his INTs he got pasted. Do we blame his OL?

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 01:47 PM

Think we got it covered in two threads......3rd pick......... :wink:

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Think we got it covered in two threads......3rd pick......... :wink:

Why, oh WHY!? did the Dolphins give up Cleo Lemon! :oops:

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 01:58 PM

I thought you were above all this....

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 01:59 PM

she was making a joke.. get over it

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 02:00 PM

So, in the interest of fairness, are we allowed to make jokes that are somewhat critical of Favre and still remain "above the fray"?

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Vince...

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM

Isn't that what half the shit in the Favre thread is?

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:03 PM

So, in the interest of fairness, are we allowed to make jokes that are somewhat critical of Favre and still remain "above the fray"?

You can only make jokes backing Favre, not against him. If you make jokes against Favre you are a trouble-maker. Mad really needs to put a sticky up about this.

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM
My God. Cut the shit. 007 is a vet around here..

Zool
01-04-2009, 02:07 PM

Cant have it both ways P. Either everyone is fair game or no one is.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 02:08 PM

You can only make jokes backing Favre, not against him. If you make jokes against Favre you are a trouble-maker. Mad really needs to put a sticky up about this.

Sorry, I didn't really see any "jokes". Most of what I saw was very mean-hearted comments about someone that gave the Packers many winning seasons. Guess I'm just a bit more sentimental then most of you. I have that ability to show respect for the past.

What does Pennington mean to me? NADA. If what Favre did for the Green Bay Packers means nothing to you, carry on. Have at it.

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:09 PM
ED REED is a man among boyz

4 picks and counting

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
#4.................................

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:10 PM

I understand. I'm not singling her out. Many people have spent all season propping up Favre, tearing down TT, and generally gloating over Favre and the Jets.

Now, for the past 5 weeks, they have wanted to silence the "Favre-haters" and just drop the whole argument. Anyone who wants to talk about Favre NOW is considered to be someone who is obsessed with Favre and holding on to the past. Where was that the first 12 weeks of the season? It just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I personally have no problem with it either way. You know what you get when you look in the Favre thread.

Paco and I don't see eye-to-eye on almost anything. I still like seeing his point of view. If I don't feel like it is worth it to try and tell him how I think he is wrong I simply skip his posts. Nothing wrong with that.

packers11
01-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Thomas Jones... Do you want to comment on your former teammate?
:lol:

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM

I understand. I'm not singling her out. Many people have spent all season propping up Favre, tearing down TT, and generally gloating over Favre and the Jets.

Now, for the past 5 weeks, they have wanted to silence the "Favre-haters" and just drop the whole argument. Anyone who wants to talk about Favre NOW is considered to be someone who is obsessed with Favre and holding on to the past. Where was that the first 12 weeks of the season? It just seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I personally have no problem with it either way. You know what you get when you look in the Favre thread.

Paco and I don't see eye-to-eye on almost anything. I still like seeing his point of view. If I don't feel like it is worth it to try and tell him how I think he is wrong I simply skip his posts. Nothing wrong with that.

Then take it to PM. I don't give a shit. I'm cleaning this joint up. Get on the train or get out of the way.

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM

Then take it to PM. I don't give a shit. I'm cleaning this joint up. Get on the train or get out of the way.

Are you kidding me?

I guess the next time there is a topic about Rodgers and you disagree with someone I should expect not to see any of your posts in there right? Cause you'll have just PM'ed posters instead?

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:16 PM

I'm not sure there are that many

The gloaters might be paco, mobb, and maybe gex at times
The other extremists who do the same thing but on the anti side may be led by cpk and probably shadow

And then there is a load of people who lean one way, still read, and get irked by some comments.

Overall not that many when you consider how many posters we have. I browsed over a couple other forums yesterday and one was 5x as bad as this one in terms of Favre threads and the other was about the same.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 02:18 PM

Are you kidding me?

I guess the next time there is a topic about Rodgers and you disagree with someone I should expect not to see any of your posts in there right? Cause you'll have just PM'ed posters instead?

who cares? both stop... I do this a lot too..

it was one comment, it was a joke, people should be allowed to joke ON EITHER SIDE OF THE FENCE... and thats that..

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM

Sorry, I didn't really see any "jokes". Most of what I saw was very mean-hearted comments about someone that gave the Packers many winning seasons. Guess I'm just a bit more sentimental then most of you. I have that ability to show respect for the past.

What does Pennington mean to me? NADA. If what Favre did for the Green Bay Packers means nothing to you, carry on. Have at it.

Is it mean-hearted to point out how Favre played like shit in the last quarter of the year?

Is it mean-hearted to see karma bite Favre in the ass? I didn't see too many Favre supporters upset when Favre threw the organization under the bus. That's not very respectful of him is it? As much as he meant to the Packers, he also owed the organization a degree of respect as well. Do you not agree?

What Favre DID for the Packers means plenty to me. That doesn't make him immune from criticism NOW.

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:21 PM
This thread is about Chad Pennington. IMO, he's just a guy. That is showing today.

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:23 PM

Are you kidding me?

who cares? both stop... I do this a lot too..

it was one comment, it was a joke, people should be allowed to joke ON EITHER SIDE OF THE FENCE... and thats that..

Exactly my point. I have no problem with anything you post. I may disagree with it, but that doesn't mean you don't have the right to post it.

Both sides are fair game.

I'd say this board is nowhere near as bad (regarding Favre posts) as it was during about the halfway point of the season.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 02:28 PM
[
I'd say this board is nowhere near as bad (regarding Favre posts) as it was during about the halfway point of the season.

You mean back when MOST of the Favre supporters were keeping all their posts in one thread out of respect for the site? Compared to the last week or two when there have been thread after thread of players calling out BF, stats comparing BF and AR, was the right decision made.....etc ?

Guess I don't agree, but that's cool.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 02:30 PM
[

You mean back when MOST of the Favre supporters were keeping all their posts in one thread out of respect for the site? Compared to the last week or two when there have been thread after thread of players calling out BF, stats comparing BF and AR, was the right decision made.....etc ?

007 as much as ur right... it wont matter. The people that run this site don't see it that way so it wont matter how much we bitch about it... lifes never fair! haha

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 02:33 PM
[

Really, right now it's about the same as it ever was. Most of the Favre stuff is relegated to a handful of Favre threads, and there's a little spillover into other threads where it's appropriate (or where somebody has an axe to grind.) A handful of other threads get made, then quickly fall off the main page.

The only difference now is that the prevailing winds have switched from "praising Favre" to "critical of Favre".

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:33 PM
[

At one point, I'm guessing about week 8, over half the topics on the first page related to Favre and TT being an idiot.

This thread was only about Pennington until, guess who, YOU, made a post with Favre undertones.

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:34 PM
[

At one point, I'm guessing about week 8, over half the topics on the first page related to Favre and TT being an idiot.

This thread was only about Pennington until, guess who, YOU, made a post with Favre undertones.

Not really. Anyone who interpreted that way may have suspect intentions themselves. I viewed it as Pennington is probably washed up. Personally, I thought it was funny since someone has to arrive before they can be washed up :lol:

Partial
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Partial your statement of Ronnie brown is more valuable to the team then Pennington shows your lack of intellectual thinking..
Think of this, with Ronnie brown out, at least you have a more then capable back in Ricky Williams,
Pennington wont win you over with flashy stats or huge plays, but his ability to come through when needed, and protect the football makes him the dolphins MVP

Vince i agree with you that one of those 3 running backs should have won the award, Manning had one of his worst years since 2001 and he still won it...

I'm saying the wildcat and a strong running attack had more to do with the resurgence than Pennington. That Wild Cat certainly won them a few games early in the season (The Patriots game comes to mind where everyone was shocked when Brown took the first direct snap).

Pennington has his moments where he is solid, but he doesn't have the talent of an Aaron Rodgers, Peyton or Eli Manning, etc. What that means is he isn't a playmaker at the position, and as a result he cannot single-handedly carry a team.

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 02:38 PM
[

Not really. Anyone who interpreted that way may have suspect intentions themselves. I viewed it as Pennington is probably washed up. Personally, I thought it was funny since someone has to arrive before they can be washed up :lol:

Pacopete said regarding her post:
Why, oh WHY!? did the Dolphins give up Cleo Lemon!

I guess PP and I just think alike. SCARY. Haha, JK Paco.

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I think right now certain people are just very sensitive about things that could possibly be construed as "about Favre", whether they're inclined to love the guy or be critical of him. Hopefully this will just work itself out, since both the person who makes the comment and the person who takes offense at the comment have some "letting go" to do.

With any luck, Favre will announce his retirement soon, he will stay retired, and we can start mending fences in Packerdom.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 02:49 PM
With any luck, Favre will announce his retirement soon, he will stay retired, and we can start mending fences in Packerdom.

Luck that he retires? Its lucky to get to watch him play because you wont see many like him. I think us "Favre-lovers" still want to see the man play though... no offense, but we dont care about the Packer fans that cant enjoy watching him play even if for another team thinks..

its really only people that hate him, that are sick of him.. whether it be because they dont know a good QB when they see him or think hes a diva or whatever the excuse they have is.. i still love watching him on Sundays and thats more than i can say about watching this years packers team play which is very disheartening..

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 03:01 PM

Luck that he retires? Its lucky to get to watch him play because you wont see many like him. I think us "Favre-lovers" still want to see the man play though... no offense, but we dont care about the Packer fans that cant enjoy watching him play even if for another team thinks..

its really only people that hate him, that are sick of him.. whether it be because they dont know a good QB when they see him or think hes a diva or whatever the excuse they have is.. i still love watching him on Sundays and thats more than i can say about watching this years packers team play which is very disheartening..

On the other hand, it's not very enjoyable to Favre supporters to see him implode down the stretch, prompting a number of his teammates to say horrible things about him. I would think people do not want to see him keep playing if the man they see is the same man they saw in December.

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 03:01 PM

Actually Paco..............I don't agree. I'd like for Favre to retire before they cart him off the field like they did Big Ben. The only thing is, BB is alot younger, and can bounce back.........I'd really hate for Farve to get injured in any way that might be life altering. As far as watching enjoyment, the first half of the season was fun........the 2nd was like getting a bikini wax..........ouch.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
On the other hand, it's not very enjoyable to Favre supporters to see him implode down the stretch, prompting a number of his teammates to say horrible things about him. I would think people do not want to see him keep playing if the man they see is the same man they saw in December.

Find me one Favre supporter that will tell me they don't want to see Brett play again and I'll show you a liar... Packer fans like you don't even deserve all the joy he brought to Packer fans

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Actually Paco..............I don't agree. I'd like for Favre to retire before they cart him off the field like they did Big Ben. The only thing is, BB is alot younger, and can bounce back.........I'd really hate for Favre to get injured in any way that might be life altering. As far as watching enjoyment, the first half of the season was fun........the 2nd was like getting a bikini wax..........ouch.

every year we hear the same thing about him getting hurt so bad that he has to be carried off the field... well he just completed another year at age 39 with a brand new offense and new players and the man is still standing even though he took a beating...

Freak Out
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
The Raven defense will make any QB look bad....."MVP" Pennington made some bad decisions to hurt his cause today but the Raven D was pretty damn tough.

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Actually Paco..............I don't agree. I'd like for Favre to retire before they cart him off the field like they did Big Ben. The only thing is, BB is alot younger, and can bounce back.........I'd really hate for Favre to get injured in any way that might be life altering. As far as watching enjoyment, the first half of the season was fun........the 2nd was like getting a bikini wax..........ouch.

every year we hear the same thing about him getting hurt so bad that he has to be carried off the field... well he just completed another year at age 39 with a brand new offense and new players and the man is still standing even though he took a beating...

It's more than just being able to physically finish the year and be able to walk off the field after week 17. Favre hasn't finished a year strong for a number of years. I'm not saying it's not possible, but the odds are against it and he would really have to bust his ass this offseason.

BallHawk
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM

I don't hate Favre, but he needs to hang 'em up. I thought he should of stayed retired last offseason but he came back and he got traded and I wanted him to do well. And for a while he did. But then, as always, the end of the season came and he fell flat and was a large reason for the Jets implosion and subsequent fall out of the playoffs. I don't wanna see Favre dragged off the field. Everybody would of liked him to go out with a Super Bowl, but that's not gonna happen now. He just needs to get out of football on his own terms before he's forced out of the league. Favre was my childhood hero and I still wish him the best, but he needs to go.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
The Raven defense will make any QB look bad....."MVP" Pennington made some bad decisions to hurt his cause today but the Raven D was pretty damn tough.

Now this is just an awesome memory!

Favre
27 of 34, 337 yards, 3 TD's

"The way he played today explains why he's the three-time MVP quarterback," Starks said.

"We couldn't do anything to frustrate him," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "We couldn't blitz him as much as we wanted to and hit him in the backfield because he was getting the ball off going downfield. We couldn't get him off his game. And that's what we usually do to a quarterback. But Brett didn't allow us to do that."

"Brett keeps things alive," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "That's part of his magic. He has the knack to break contain, back away and wait until the last second and make a throw. He's a phenomenal athlete, and they made the big plays when they needed to. They have a Hall of Fame quarterback and deserved to win today."

He shredded the Ravens' secondary with 17 completions to wide receivers - picking on cornerback Chris McAlister at times deep - and three passes of more than 36 yards. Against a defense that hadn't allowed a touchdown drive of more than 33 yards, Favre engineered ones of 74, 80 and 82 yards.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-04-2009, 03:17 PM

Favre

"The way he played today explains why he's the three-time MVP quarterback," Starks said.

"We couldn't do anything to frustrate him," linebacker Jamie Sharper said. "We couldn't blitz him as much as we wanted to and hit him in the backfield because he was getting the ball off going downfield. We couldn't get him off his game. And that's what we usually do to a quarterback. But Brett didn't allow us to do that."

"Brett keeps things alive," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "That's part of his magic. He has the knack to break contain, back away and wait until the last second and make a throw. He's a phenomenal athlete, and they made the big plays when they needed to. They have a Hall of Fame quarterback and deserved to win today."

He shredded the Ravens' secondary with 17 completions to wide receivers - picking on cornerback Chris McAlister at times deep - and three passes of more than 36 yards. Against a defense that hadn't allowed a touchdown drive of more than 33 yards, Favre engineered ones of 74, 80 and 82 yards.

Wow that's nice, I remember that too! But this is a thread discussing Chad Pennington, I'm sure they'd love that memory in the Favre thread.

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 03:20 PM

Favre

Paco you can do better than that. Isn't that from 2001 when the Packers played the Ravens? How is that relevant at all?

I could just as easily post the Packer Ravens game from 2005 when the Pack lost 48-3 and Favre played like shit as evidence that Favre sucks. Point being, it doesn't show anything.

vince
01-04-2009, 03:21 PM

I'm saying the wildcat and a strong running attack had more to do with the resurgence than Pennington. That Wild Cat certainly won them a few games early in the season (The Patriots game comes to mind where everyone was shocked when Brown took the first direct snap).

Pennington has his moments where he is solid, but he doesn't have the talent of an Aaron Rodgers, Peyton or Eli Manning, etc. What that means is he isn't a playmaker at the position, and as a result he cannot single-handedly carry a team.
Partial...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you ignore the facts previously established which disprove your statements about Pennington and try to justify your position using one game where an outmatched team struggled in all aspects.

By that logic, you'd look at Favre's huge interception game against the Rams in the playoffs to discredit his career. Obviously that is faulty logic, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Obviously the Phins were outmatched against the 2nd ranked defense in the league and the league's leading INT and turnover defense. The Dolphins wide-outs couldn't get separation to save their life today and were blanketed all day long. And that vaunted Wildcat rushing attack that made such a huge difference netted the Dolphins the 17th ranked rushing attack at 4.2 ypc this year.

Chad Pennington, without a strong receiving corps, took over a 1-15 team and took them to the playoffs in one year. That's making a difference. His career history is littered with situations where his presence (when healthy) making a significant difference in his team's wins and losses relative to his predecessor and/or replacement when injured. His history includes some big playoff wins and strong performances, for marginal teams. His teammates overwhelmingly attribute their resurgence to Pennington as being the biggest difference-maker.

But you roll on the floor laughing at the very idea. You know more about the situation then they do. I shouldn't mention anything about the combination of arrogance and ignorance necessary to make such statements - particularly in the face of such a preponderance of contradicting facts.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Favre

Paco you can do better than that. Isn't that from 2001 when the Packers played the Ravens? How is that relevant at all?

I could just as easily post the Packer Ravens game from 2005 when the Pack lost 48-3 and Favre played like shit as evidence that Favre sucks. Point being, it doesn't show anything.

I didn't post it to prove anything to anyone... I posted it cuz the comment he made, made me remember that game... not sure what your point is? But if you must, go ahead and post the Favre bashing material... thats cool with me

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Partial...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you ignore the facts previously established which disprove your statements about Pennington and try to justify your position using one game where an outmatched team struggled in all aspects.

By that logic, you'd look at Favre's huge interception game against the Rams in the playoffs to discredit his career. Obviously that is faulty logic, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Obviously the Phins were outmatched against the 2nd ranked defense in the league and the league's leading INT and turnover defense. The Dolphins wide-outs couldn't get separation to save their life today and were blanketed all day long. And that vaunted Wildcat rushing attack that made such a huge difference netted the Dolphins the 17th ranked rushing attack at 4.2 ypc this year.

Chad Pennington, without a strong receiving corps, took over a 1-15 team and took them to the playoffs in one year. That's making a difference. His career history is littered with situations where his presence (when healthy) making a significant difference in his team's wins and losses relative to his predecessor and/or replacement when injured. His history includes some big playoff wins and strong performances, for marginal teams. His teammates overwhelmingly attribute their resurgence to Pennington as being the biggest difference-maker.

But you roll on the floor laughing at the very idea. You know more about the situation then they do. I shouldn't mention anything about the combination of arrogance and ignorance necessary to make such statements - particularly in the face of such a preponderance of contradicting facts.

Partial if you disagree with this post please take it to PM.

:lol:

BallHawk
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
In this thread: Paco's attempt to prove Favre superior fails and when he faces scrutiny he states that he posted the stats and game summary just for the hell of it.

Well-played, Paco. :bclap:

:roll:

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:24 PM

2005 vs Packers

Favre 14 for 29, 144 yards, 0 TD's, 2 INT's
Rodgers 8 for 16, 65 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT

Happy Bossman?

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM

Favre

I didn't post it to prove anything to anyone... I posted it cuz the comment he made, made me remember that game... not sure what your point is? But if you must, go ahead and post the Favre bashing material... thats cool with me

Ah OK I see. Couldn't figure out what relevance a 2001 game had to Pennington or the 2008 Ravens.

That was a great game though, one that I'd enjoy watching again.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:25 PM
In this thread: Paco's attempt to prove Favre superior fails and when he faces scrutiny he states that he posted the stats and game summary just for the hell of it.

Well-played, Paco. :bclap:

:roll:

I didn't post it for the hell of it... I posted it cuz Favre took down one of the best defenses in the past 10 years... get over it Ballhawk, my god :roll:

BallHawk
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I posted it cuz Favre took down one of the best defenses in the past 10 years.

I didn't post it to prove anything to anyone... I posted it cuz the comment he made, made me remember that game

Stop contradicting yourself. :taunt:

Lurker64
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM

Personally, I'm not at all sick of Favre. What I am sick of is the constant comparisons between Favre and Rodgers. As long as Rodgers and Favre are both in the league we're going to have the constant comparisons (not necessarily by Packer fans of) "where would the Packers be now with Favre" or "Favre threw 6 TDs today, and Rodgers only threw 3" or "Favre threw 3 INTs today, Rodgers didn't throw any". This sort of thing is stupid, polarizing, acrimonious, and unconstructive. I'd like to see it go away forever.

I'm sufficiently annoyed by this, that I'd be willing to sacrifice the pleasure of watching Favre play in his good games (and the unpleasantness of watching him play his bad games, and there will be more of the latter as he gets on in years.).

I think the healing in Packerdom can really start as soon as Favre rides off into the sunset at last. But it may require both that, and regime change at home, but hopefully not.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM
I posted it cuz Favre took down one of the best defenses in the past 10 years.

I didn't post it to prove anything to anyone... I posted it cuz the comment he made, made me remember that game

Stop contradicting yourself. :taunt:

your point?.... I didnt post it against Arod, against Pennington... anyone....

I posted it cuz a comment was made about how the Ravens D makes every QB look bad and that game is a big one that stands out for Favre over the years... whats your fucking problem pal

BallHawk
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I posted it cuz a comment was made about how the Ravens D makes every QB look bad and that game is a big one that stands out for Favre over the years... whats your fucking problem pal

I don't have a problem. :tup:

Pal.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:33 PM

Personally, I'm not at all sick of Favre. What I am sick of is the constant comparisons between Favre and Rodgers. As long as Rodgers and Favre are both in the league we're going to have the constant comparisons (not necessarily by Packer fans of) "where would the Packers be now with Favre" or "Favre threw 6 TDs today, and Rodgers only threw 3" or "Favre threw 3 INTs today, Rodgers didn't throw any". This sort of thing is stupid, polarizing, acrimonious, and unconstructive. I'd like to see it go away forever.

I'm sufficiently annoyed by this, that I'd be willing to sacrifice the pleasure of watching Favre play in his good games (and the unpleasantness of watching him play his bad games, and there will be more of the latter as he gets on in years.).

I think the healing in Packerdom can really start as soon as Favre rides off into the sunset at last. But it may require both that, and regime change at home, but hopefully not.

While I agree, I disagree... who cares what people say anyways? If Rodgers goes out and wins, he will be fine.. if he continues to struggle in crunch time, he will be treated just like every other QB in history to do so.

and the healing thing will not be right when he retires.. he wont have anything to do with packer nation until the snake is captured and killed... and possibly murphy gonzo to

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Find me one Favre supporter that will tell me they don't want to see Brett play again and I'll show you a liar... Packer fans like you don't even deserve all the joy he brought to Packer fans

WTF Paco, I'm trying to keep things civil here. You don't even know me, so keep on attacking "Packer fans like me" as if you know who the hell I am in the first place and see where that gets ya.

Second, nobody wants to see Favre go out with a whimper. You figure me a Favre hater, and that's not the case. I am a Packer supporter. Favre brought plenty of joy to Packerland over the course of 16 years, but I do not get all sentimental about it. Legends come and go, but the team goes on. Those 16 years of memories belong in a Hall of Fame, not on a football field. The only thing on a football field that matters is what happens right now. This year. This year, Favre started out strong. I've complimented him on more than one occasion when he's played great. But down the stretch he has failed, costing his team a chance at the playoffs. He had a QB rating in the 50's for the month of December. Do you really expect that to significantly change should he come back again? Is that the way you want to see him go out? Do you see my point more clearly now?

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 03:52 PM

WTF Paco, I'm trying to keep things civil here. You don't even know me, so keep on attacking "Packer fans like me" as if you know who the hell I am in the first place and see where that gets ya.

Second, nobody wants to see Favre go out with a whimper. You figure me a Favre hater, and that's not the case. I am a Packer supporter. Favre brought plenty of joy to Packerland over the course of 16 years, but I do not get all sentimental about it. Legends come and go, but the team goes on. Those 16 years of memories belong in a Hall of Fame, not on a football field. The only thing on a football field that matters is what happens right now. This year. This year, Favre started out strong. I've complimented him on more than one occasion when he's played great. But down the stretch he has failed, costing his team a chance at the playoffs. He had a QB rating in the 50's for the month of December. Do you really expect that to significantly change should he come back again? Is that the way you want to see him go out? Do you see my point more clearly now?

If his arm is fine, then hell ya I do because he was playing Brett Favre football during the time that he was healthy

but if hes really banged up, then its time to go retire before he hurts it worse than it is and cant finish playing the way he normally does.

Everyone always brings up his stats in the last few games of the season but he has an incredible record in Nov-Dec as a QB. Also, the majority of QB's stats do start to go down as the season wears on so its not a huge concern for me. He just needs to rest, see if hes healthy and if he is.. get his ass back on the field and get acquainted with all that talent in NY

oh and sorry for the attack.. im just not like you I guess. I cant be a dick or even talk the way you do about any player that has played for us that has left it all out there for us.. i just think its downright disrespectful

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Second, nobody wants to see Favre go out with a whimper.
I disagree with that. I'm not saying you are one of them by any means, but there are some Packer fans that are very angry at Favre and have enjoyed him not succeeding at the end of the season with the Jets. That has been my main "beef" with people. Just doesn't make sense to me.

This year. This year, Favre started out strong. I've complimented him on more than one occasion when he's played great. But down the stretch he has failed, costing his team a chance at the playoffs. He had a QB rating in the 50's for the month of December. Do you really expect that to significantly change should he come back again? Is that the way you want to see him go out? Do you see my point more clearly now?

Who was the poster (I'm thinking it was Leaper) who said the perfect scenario would be to have Favre start the season and have a good backup play the end of the season? He might have been on to something. :D

vince
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
im just not like you I guess. I cant be a dick or even talk the way you do about any player that has played for us that has left it all out there for us.. i just think its downright disrespectful

Harrell is a piece of shit..

MJZiggy
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
It doesn't matter. He'll be retired by the end of February anyway.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM
im just not like you I guess. I cant be a dick or even talk the way you do about any player that has played for us that has left it all out there for us.. i just think its downright disrespectful

Has Harrell played yet? :P :wink:

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 04:27 PM

Unwarranted? He is a piece of shit... hes no good and was/is lazy and hasnt done anything but cost us money and our trainers time... nice try though

vince
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
The unwarranted attack was on Gunakor. You call him a dick and Harrell a piece of shit - and at the same time, say you don't do that stuff because you "just think it's downright disrespectful."

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 05:05 PM
The unwarranted attack was on Gunakor. You call him a dick and Harrell a piece of shit - and at the same time, say you don't do that stuff because you "just think it's downright disrespectful."

you do know that I was talking about Justin Harrell the player right? and its completely different circumstances from saying Gunakor is being a dick about Brett Favre.... riiiiiiggghhhttt???

BallHawk
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM

Unwarranted? He is a piece of shit... hes no good and was/is lazy and hasnt done anything but cost us money and our trainers time... nice try though

Yes, Paco, because when a player is plagued by injuries and can't see the field it makes him a piece of shit.

Of course he could be a good guy who is just unlucky. But, hell, he hasn't done anything for a team I happen to root for so I'll question his integrity and call him a piece of shit.

Nice one.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 05:19 PM

Yes, Paco, because when a player is plagued by injuries and can't see the field it makes him a piece of shit.

Of course he could be a good guy who is just unlucky. But, hell, he hasn't done anything for a team I happen to root for so I'll question his integrity and call him a piece of shit.

Nice one.

well when he doesnt bust his ass to get back on the field.. in my book hes a piece of shit. if you come into camp as an unproven player and youre over weight, outta shape... WHATEVER U WANNA CALL IT... YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT IN MY BOOK

GBRulz
01-04-2009, 05:22 PM
I don't see the need to call JH a piece of shit, Paco. Remember, it takes a GM to draft him to get him here in the first place :P :twisted:

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I don't see the need to call JH a piece of shit, Paco. Remember, it takes a GM to draft him to get him here in the first place :P :twisted:

Very true.. I'll just stick to calling Ted Thompson a piece of shit, sorry everyone :wink:

GBRulz
01-04-2009, 05:25 PM
LOL

Partial
01-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Justin Harrell and Chad Pennington are on an erotic journey from Milan to Minsk

vince
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM

Very true.. I'll just stick to calling Ted Thompson a piece of shit, sorry everyone :wink:
Just don't be surprised or act offended when you are rightfully described and engaged on the same personally-attacking, classless level in which you consistently engage others.

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 06:38 PM

I :hug: 95% of you Packer fans here.....because in the end, we are all Packer fans. I think it all just comes down to respect for others.

Geez, I was so worked up over the posts earlier, I left and completely cleaned out / reorganized two closets. I hate to admit it, but maybe the bickering is a good thing. :?

:P

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM

I :hug: 95% of you Packer fans here.....because in the end, we are all Packer fans. I think it all just comes down to respect for others.

Geez, I was so worked up over the posts earlier, I left and completely cleaned out / reorganized two closets. I hate to admit it, but maybe the bickering is a good thing. :?

you were worked up ? hot :wink: :lol:

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 06:50 PM

:butt:

My foot is getting tired today B. :P :wink:

Partial
01-04-2009, 07:07 PM

God I love you avatar

MJZiggy
01-04-2009, 07:50 PM

Join us in the Romper Room and talk to Tex. You'll have your whole life reorganized by next weekend... :lol:

GrnBay007
01-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Join us in the Romper Room and talk to Tex. You'll have your whole life reorganized by next weekend... :lol:

UGH! see my post in RR. :(

Guiness
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
But I think the Jets were just damn stupid to cut Pennington after they traded for Brett. You have to wonder about their GM that would give a player with any value away without compensation who ultimately goes to a team in your own division and comes back to haunt you in December to knock your team out of the playoffs!! :laugh:

Thank God TT didn't do that last summer with Favre! :shock:

How long would they have had to get under the cap? Do they have a 'grace period'? I thought there were certain dates on which all teams had to be under the cap.

Did they think Penn had no value? I have to think they could've gotten at least a 5th rounder for him...maybe that franchise doesn't value low round picks? It's a head shaker for sure.

esoxx
01-04-2009, 08:41 PM
That Chad Pennington sure is a heck of a game manager. Clutch.

Zool
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM

Boy he shit the bed today. I kinda feel bad for him.

esoxx
01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Bad day for him and the 'fins today. When David Martin is a big part of your offense weaponry on routes, tough to compete with that D.

Guiness
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM

Jesus H though - the way the Ravens D was playing, there wasn't much hope for the 'phins no matter what. They just weren't in the same league.

Guiness
01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
For fuck sake - most of the last three pages of this thread are why I skip over so many posts around here these days. There was a time where I read just about every word posted on PR.

I wonder if there's any chance of having a 'kill file' type feature implemented. *sigh*

Zool
01-04-2009, 10:26 PM

Jesus H though - the way the Ravens D was playing, there wasn't much hope for the 'phins no matter what. They just weren't in the same league.

Thats no joke. I just had a feeling the Dolphins were going to get blown out of the water.

Guiness
01-04-2009, 11:23 PM

Thats no joke. I just had a feeling the Dolphins were going to get blown out of the water.

Someone mentioned that Ed Reed should be in the running for league MVP. They were right.

I'm trying to remember a secondary player ever controlling the tempo of the opposition's O like he did. I know Ronnie Lott apparently did that, but I only caught the end of his career.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2009, 03:03 AM
The Favrelists are giddy about Chad Penningtons struggles today. I observed one rat lady breathing heavy with the announcement of each pick.

I would think a guy who throws 4 ints in a playoff game would be their kind of man.

But no, Chad humbled the Legend, and now he must pay. Just like that movie "Mean Girls."

packinpatland
01-05-2009, 06:44 AM
The Favrelists are giddy about Chad Penningtons struggles today. I observed one rat lady breathing heavy with the announcement of each pick.

I would think a guy who throws 4 ints in a playoff game would be their kind of man.

But no, Chad humbled the Legend, and now he must pay. Just like that movie "Mean Girls."

The above lady rat you're referring would be me.........altho.......I was breathing quite normally.......just liked using the big text, hardly ever get a chance to to.
I've already admitted, I like Favre, still do. Didn't like the comparisons between the two. I haven't gotten to the sports pages yet this morning, but is the press dumping on Chad like they would have Favre?

Bossman641
01-05-2009, 08:37 AM

Cut him some slack. He was just trying to make a play. He's a gunslinger. Plus I'm pretty sure the WR ran the wrong route on at least 2 of the INT's. :lol:

cpk1994
01-05-2009, 08:49 AM

Cut him some slack. He was just trying to make a play. He's a gunslinger. Plus I'm pretty sure the WR ran the wrong route on at least 2 of the INT's. :lol:Was his thumb hurt? Or did the ball just slip out of his hands? :lol:

MadtownPacker
01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
You can only make jokes backing Favre, not against him. If you make jokes against Favre you are a trouble-maker. Mad really needs to put a sticky up about this.Excuse me but exactly what the hell did I do that I need to be involved in this BS?

Guiness
01-05-2009, 10:57 AM
You can only make jokes backing Favre, not against him. If you make jokes against Favre you are a trouble-maker. Mad really needs to put a sticky up about this.Excuse me but exactly what the hell did I do that I need to be involved in this BS?

In case you haven't noticed MTP, much as you like to play the oppressed Mexican, around here, you're 'THE MAN'. So you get blamed for everything

We're all under your thumb... :D :P

MadtownPacker
01-05-2009, 11:01 AM
well when he doesnt bust his ass to get back on the field.. in my book hes a piece of shit. if you come into camp as an unproven player and youre over weight, outta shape... WHATEVER U WANNA CALL IT... YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT IN MY BOOKDamn, are you really this much of an jerk? Is this really needed? Yeah I know everyone was talking shit and you tried be cool but you are acting all cracked out now. Need to take 2 or 3 pills Paco.

In fact everyone is this thread sucks and deserves to be pelted with rotten tomatoes by everyone who tries to avoid this played out bullshit.

Except harlan, we would be better off throwing stones at his punk ass. That way he can feel like a martyr.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2009, 11:04 AM

In case you haven't noticed MTP, much as you like to play the oppressed Mexican, around here, you're 'THE MAN'. So you get blamed for everything

We're all under your thumb... :D :PThe man?? The man?? In case you didnt notice I have to clean up threads and pick up after a bunch of sorry ass Crackas. I aint nothing but the fucking janitor at PackerRats so save that bullshit.

packinpatland
01-05-2009, 12:11 PM
You do windows? :?:

Guiness
01-05-2009, 02:57 PM

We're all under your thumb... :D :PThe man?? The man?? In case you didnt notice I have to clean up threads and pick up after a bunch of sorry ass Crackas. I aint nothing but the fucking janitor at PackerRats so save that bullshit.

Nothing like The Man claiming he's doing us a favour!

Ok. I admit. You're right - I don't know how you got dragged into this thread either :beat:

Well. This line of posting is probably unsafe. Nothing like poking with a sharp stick!