View Full Version : "MM PAINTS FAILURES IN BROAD STROKES"

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/36961744.html

Bretsky
01-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Love MM's use of the word "convenient"

It was a convenient way for him to avoid all the tough questions

He might as well have said piss off reporter......I'm not giving you anything :lol:

Pugger
01-01-2009, 12:28 PM
MM isn't going to say anything negative about a player or assistant to the press.

Fritz
01-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I think MM sees the failures as a combination of factors, and to single one thing out is in fact convenient and even comforting. I think we'd all feel better if MM would fire Sanders (and Stock) but MM's job isn't to make us feel better in January and February; it's to win in January and February.

So I'm wondering if this doesn't mean nobody's getting fired.

Personally, I like to feel good. So I say can the ST and the defensive coordinators.

GBRulz
01-02-2009, 09:38 AM

He might as well have said piss off reporter......I'm not giving you anything :lol:

Well, apparently "we'll fix that" has been used too many times, it's time to start using a new approach

:lol:

Zool
01-02-2009, 09:38 AM

Well, apparently "we'll fix that" has been used too many times, it's time to start using a new approach

:lol:

He fixed the "we'll fix that" statement I guess?

Fritz
01-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Maybe the next iteration will be "We'll fix it when it's convenient" or maybe "It will be convenient to fix it."

I should be hired to be MM's spokesperson.

I would say things like "We're going to evaluate our assessment." Then later I'd say "We're going to assess our evaluation."

I'd say no single area can be singled out to blame, because it's a team game. I'd say the buck stops with the head coach. I'd say everyone is responsible, needs to go home and look in the mirror, etc. I'd say we're working on it. I'd say everyone's accountable.

Hire me, Mike!

GBRulz
01-02-2009, 09:54 AM
I dunno Fritz, I think Ari Fletcher might be standing in your way right now :wink:

DonHutson
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I would say things like "We're going to evaluate our assessment." Then later I'd say "We're going to assess our evaluation."

Isn't the coach speak for this "self-scouting?"

Fritz
01-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Oops. We'll self-scout our assessment and then evaluate our self-scouting.

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I get the impression McCarthy really had to restrain himself from saying something like "you media dumbasses don't have a clue ....."

Lots of people really do seem to find lots of "convenient" scapegoats and bogus reasons. The seven games lost that we were either ahead or tied with four minutes left really says it all. Some are in denial of the luck factor, the near misses, the injuries, etc. Suffice it to say, even if you reject the idea of luck, things just didn't go our way, and it really doesn't take much to swing the outcome in NFL games.

Probably a few things need to be addressed--like special teams shoddiness and the legitimate and careless portion of the many penalties we had. Just the same, everything is still in place from the 13-3 season--assuming that the many injured players come back OK and assuming Rodgers is actually an upgrade from the Favre of the present. Making any radical changes at this point would be just plain stupid. McCarthy obviously knows that, and I'm surprised he displayed so much patience with the "convenient" media idiots who thought otherwise.

Partial
01-02-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm anxiously watching JSO hoping to see that Rob was let go.

cpk1994
01-02-2009, 04:40 PM
I dunno Fritz, I think Ari Fletcher might be standing in your way right now :wink:I don't know who this Ari Fletcher guy is, but Ari Fliescher will be very tough for Fritz to get around. That stint in the White House on his resume is tough to beat. :wink: