PDA

View Full Version : "As Seen on TV" Products

GrnBay007
01-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Anyone buy something that was a good deal...or junk?

I'm curious about PediPaws. I don't like clipping my dog's nails because I'm always afraid I will cut them too short and hurt her.

Anyone use this or hear anything, good or bad about it?

packinpatland
01-01-2009, 09:38 PM
That's too much..........we were just talking about the same thing!
Anyone out there tried it..........or does it look too good to be any good?

MJZiggy
01-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Funny you should mention that. I happened to be talking to the groomer who said whatever you do, don't get one of those. All it really is is a rotary tool and you're basically sanding the nail off. I think there is a trimmer out there that has a light that shines behind the claw. Seems to me that would work better with cat claws than with dog, though. She also said that the Furminator (which looks suspiciously like a cat comb) was very good except that she'd still recommend a shedding blade for my hairy girls...

I have a few of the microfiber cleaning cloths and they seem to work fine.

Iron Mike
01-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I have a few of the microfiber cleaning cloths and they seem to work fine.

http://www.lostonwallace.com/shamwowcolor.jpg

You bought a ShamWow??? :P

MJZiggy
01-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Not the shamwow (there was actually much discussion of that product at Christmas but I haven't seen it.

This is the thing that came before...the cleaning cloths that don't require harsh, expensive chemicals...they also have the scrubbing pad on a stick that lets you clean the shower but that doesn't work nearly as well.

Cheesehead Craig
01-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Ron Popiel Showtime Rotisserrie Oven. It rocks!

Nothing like the smell of a delicious chicken in the house.

Zool
01-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Ron Popiel Showtime Rotisserrie Oven. It rocks!

Nothing like the smell of a delicious chicken in the house.

Set it.....and forget it

GBRulz
01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Anyone buy something that was a good deal...or junk?

I'm curious about PediPaws. I don't like clipping my dog's nails because I'm always afraid I will cut them too short and hurt her.

Anyone use this or hear anything, good or bad about it?

Actually, my sister bought it. While it's advertised for like $30, I think, she said by the time she bought the necessary attachments and shipping, it ended up being like $80. She said it works, but it's not worth $80.

For my dog, I use a grinding/sanding tool. While it's made for pets, it looks like something that you can buy at any hobby store. It's just a small tool with a circular sander on it. I bought it at Drs. Foster and Smith. Their website is www.drsfostersmith.com

bobblehead
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Anyone ever hear of a dreml?? sounds a lot like a pedipaws.

packinpatland
01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Anyone ever hear of a dreml?? sounds a lot like a pedipaws.

I have a dreml............I'm digging it out! I've got 8 paws that need grinding down.